Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Devotion ❯ Loyalty ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-gi-oh. If I did, Yami would get a cape instead of the jacket. The jacket does look cool, but then anything would on him.

Yay, lots of reviews! Thanks are at the end.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Oh, thank you.

Thank you so much.

You've paid me back a thousandfold, Mai. You've given him his courage back. He doesn't fear me anymore. Well…

He still does, a little. But he's determined to fight back. I'm so proud. This means that I haven't truly made him weak. Perhaps…I've made him stronger? As I hoped?

No, he has it in him to fight back when he knows that he will lose. Ushio…I hate that I wasn't there to protect him from you. But in a way I have to thank you. You're the reason Yugi was finally able to solve the puzzle, after eight years.

What, did you think it took that long just because it was difficult? No, my precious one, no ordinary puzzle could have resisted you for that long. Even though you were the one meant to solve it, it wouldn't let you until you met the requirement.

The puzzle can only be solved by one who wishes its power not for themselves, but to help others. When you worked on the puzzle that night, you weren't truly thinking about it, were you?

No, what was resounding through your head were thoughts of Ushio. What he was going to do to you…and what he might do again to Joey and Tristan.

You wished for a friend. An unselfish wish, but still something for you. But that night you wanted nothing of the puzzle: you did not desire its power, merely the comfort it gave you to work on it.

I'm so glad I could help you in any way, even before you awoke me.

Didn't it seem odd? That the puzzle that had resisted your strongest efforts, your deepest concentration, was so easy when you ignored it? Magic, Yugi. The pieces that had twisted themselves out of shape to cage me were straightened by your heart.

And so I met you. My savior.

And now…

I don't know what to do.

Just wait, and hope. Hope that you will release me again. Hope that your anger will retreat. You can't stay angry long: you're too kind a person.

Maybe now you'll listen to me? Argue with me? If you argue, aibou, I can make you listen to me. I've never lost at anything, not even an argument.

But I have surrendered. But only to you. Only you deserve that honor, to have me bow before you.

Pegasus seeks to take your place. He shall not! Only you are my light, my life and hope, my savior, Master.

Perhaps I should call you that. It is how I truly feel about you, and it might reassure you. I shall never go against thy wishes.

But that isn't what you want. You wished for a friend, and that is what I will be for you. I am sorry I wasn't a better one.

If only…

No. Past is past. Now I have to defend you against the danger I have placed you in.

Thank you, Mai. I can't say that enough times. I owe you.

And I always pay my debts.

He isn't so afraid any more. He was afraid of me. I'd rather be in the dark again, trapped in the cold than have him live in fear.

Perhaps…I have paid him back for freeing me, in some small measure. Before he thought he was a loser, destined to be alone. Now he thinks he can fight an insanely powerful spirit.

Brave little one.

But how much of that is my doing? Tristan and Joey deserve much of the credit, for reassuring him that more cared about him than his Grandpa and Anzu, gave him strong men to look up to, fighters who got knocked down but got right up again.

Now you are ready to fight one who wants nothing more than to lie at your feet. Little one! Can't you see?!

Whatever you desire is yours. Pegasus, Bakura…I would fight forever for a kind word from thee. No evil shall touch thee, I swear it on thy light. May it be lost to me forever if I fail thee.

Aibou, Yugi, Master, I need you!

Fight me, please! That fight I can win, as I win everything for you. I win when you are acclaimed victor, for you deserve to never lose.

Don't give up?

Please?

How can I give you victory when you surrender to me? But you won't. Thank god. And thank you, Mai.

What I want is for him to crush me for getting in his way. What I want is for him to fight me. And accept my surrender.

Thank you as well, Tea. For fighting for him even after he had given up. Refused to duel. Refused to try to fight against me.

I don't want your surrender, Yugi! I want your happiness. I want you to be happy you released me, happy to know me, glad to have me.

I owe you everything. Won't you accept my service, the only coin I have to pay you back with? I will be yours forever, if you'll only have me!

Please, aibou.

Please, Yugi?

Please, Master!

Please…

Let me drown in your light?

-Get out of my head!-

At least you're still fighting. At least you're angry, not afraid. At least we still have time to make up before Pegasus fights us.

He'll show us what he does to Kaiba. I know it. Perhaps that'll make Yugi hate Pegasus instead of me?

Hope. Another gift from Yugi. Another thing the puzzle stole from me.

Why? Why did you strip me of my memories?

Why did you imprision me, alone in the cold and dark and chains cutting into my skin and trying to scream but couldn't hear in the deafening silence…

No. Don't think about it. I'm not trapped there anymore. Thanks to you.

My savior, my light and my life…you're so warm and I was so cold: let me hold you, please?

-No! Don't try to make me feel better! It won't work! I won't let you control me anymore!-

Your voice is so wonderful after the silence. It's perfect. Everything about you is perfect. Did you know that?

But I can't tell you. I'd scare you. And I don't want you to be afraid, little one. You're not supposed to be afraid ever. You have me now.

I'll keep you safe. You keep me alive.

Perhaps we are partners.

I can only dream.

Dreams? Perhaps if I show you your Grandfather, you'll feel better?

You miss him. You're sad. You shouldn't be sad.

I'll make you happy again.

I promise.

That is my purpose after all.

And I will do a good job of it.

I'll make you happy with me.

Just wait and see.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVA VAVAVAVAV

Yami is rather emotionally dependant on Yugi. Like a bird, the first thing it sees… and Yugi did save him and everything, so he's terminally grateful.

This is the first fight, and Yugi feeling bad for so long and not being able to do anything about it is making him a little crazy. Gotta go, resposes next chaper later today!