Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Devotion ❯ Suicide ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: If I owned Yu-gi-oh, Yami and Yugi would have had made a couple billion in Vegas and let Solomon retire.

Okay, explanations. I am still in Spain, yet I am doing this. I thought I couldn't because I needed to see the episodes again to catch every bit of the character's reactions to mention them. That was a mistake. I originally planned to have this fic consist of characters mostly thinking back after duels, only I forgot. I don't need to see the episode to do that. And Yami only shows up at the end. So sorry this is a couple weeks later than it needed to be.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVA VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

I knew it. I knew Pegasus would toy with him, but showing him his brother like that…poor Kaiba. Poor, poor Kaiba.

I can't hate you, even thought you created a rift between Yugi and I. Because you fight for the one who means as much to you as Yugi does to me. The one on whom your sanity depends.

Yugi…I wished to spare you this. The sight of someone you wish to have as a friend suffering so much.

The sight of anyone suffering so much.

I thought when you released your hold on me after the duel that you had forgiven me, realized that I hoped to spare Kaiba a fate worse than death.

As I said then, I will not forgive you, Pegasus. What drives you…it is not desire for power, or anything that weak.

But no matter what it is, it is not enough to justify this. The one you fight for…would be no more forgiving than I.

Did you laugh? There was mockery in your voice. Expecting wonderful performances from all your finalists?

I hope you're amused. Someone should be getting some joy from this.

Yugi…is desperate, but not desperate enough to rely on me again. Even after Mai's kind act, he will not accept my aid.

After he recovered from the agony that had caused him to drop his barrier to cry inside in sympathy for Kaiba and Mokuba, he was enraged.

Enraged I had taken over, though I did nothing but talk to Pegasus.

I did not hurt your friends, did I my light? Can't you trust me?

No.

Not after what I did.

What I refuse to let you know I didn't intend to do.

No.

I won't cause you that pain. I won't let you suffer. But how can I prevent it? If you continue to focus all your strength on watching me, making sure I don't `break free', you won't be able to make it past your first match.

Joey fights for his sister. Even though he knows you need to win, even though he values you as a true friend, he won't surrender.

He'll trust in the heart of the cards, that the best man will win. And even though you are a far greater duellist than him…

Like this, you will fall.

Bandit Keith…Pegasus used the Millennium Eye on you. Nothing else could explain the scene Kaiba described when he arrived on the island. And you know that something was wrong with what happened.

You know he cheated somehow, and humiliated you. And you are desperate for revenge. Is that what made you the man you are today?

Given how you were cheated, now you will not hesitate to cheat. You would do anything to win, to defeat Pegasus as you were defeated.

You were not always like this. Cheating causes one to rely on cheating and neglect strategy. You would never have been able to invent the strategy Bones used at your command if you had relied on cheating for long.

Never have been able to become the American champion without getting caught.

You ruin lives and souls and honor, Pegasus. What could be worth this?

Yugi…a strategist like that…you can't face him at less than your best. No matter what he once was, I can't let you lose to someone like him!

And Mai…I owe you Mai. After I won those star chips back from Panic from you, you promised me a fair duel.

You look forward to it. I owe you it. As a friend, as a duellist. As the one who gave Yugi hope that he could fight me.

Would he would fight me instead of wasting his energy holding me back! Would he would argue with me, fight me, let me lose to him!!

I may be going mad. I can't stand this. I can't stand him hating me.

Oh, how I hate you Pegasus. Your sick little game…how many have you destroyed? How many souls have you trapped, to gain the power you possess?

Kaiba…poor, poor Kaiba. Poor Mokuba. You were misguided, but you do not deserve this.

You both fought Yugi, at Death-T for pride and here for each other, but you do not deserve the price of your failure.

Mokuba…I promised you that together we would defeat Pegasus. Then I fought the false Kaiba for your freedom and won…and Pegasus took you anyway, from right under my nose.

I am sorry. I failed you and now Pegasus has your brother as well.

I will make good mine and Yugi's promise. I will save you both.

Yugi and I fighting together…there is nothing that can stand against us. Which is why Pegasus went to such lengths to separate us.

You are both trapped, as I was. As Yugi's grandfather is. I…I may not be able to free you. May not be able to get Yugi to forgive me, may become Pegasus's possession.

As things stand, Yugi would willingly, eagerly, trade me for his grandfather's freedom. And I…

I could not blame him. The one who has guarded him and made him happy all his life, for the one who has failed to do so?

Curse you, Pegasus. I will curse you until the end of time for bringing us to this.

I will never forgive you. If I lost my anger, if I allowed myself to focus on the situation…

Kaiba, Mokuba, Solomon, Yugi…I swear I will not let you fall to Pegasus.

Even if it means I have to do the thing I swore I would never do: take over Yugi against his wishes.

Even if I have to do what he fears, and use my powers against my opponents.

Even if it means he takes apart the puzzle as soon as I release him.

Yugi…I will do anything for you.

Even die.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVA VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Well, that was easy. Things are better when you're back on track, wot?

Responses:

Pharaohs Angel: Wow, thanks!

Sylvia Viridian: Yes, it's going to be fun to write him believing in magic and then trying to deny it to save his sanity. Though it's annoying as hell in the show.

Silvershadowfire: I am, so far. Thanks!

Amber Eyes: He isn't, not really. He tries to act strong, but he's really just…brittle.

Yla/all4him: Like I told SSF, I am. And thanks for saying I did a good job. Anything specific you liked? I love details!