Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Devotion ❯ Plea ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: If I owned Yu-gi-oh, the Red-Eyes would be just as strong as the Blue-Eyes.

Important Announcement: The last weekend of the Spain Class is coming up, and people are going to need to use the few computers to work on their projects. I've mostly done mine, just some tweaking left, but others aren't so lucky. So I am going to leave the computers to them. I am doing this in advance, but don't count on updates to other stories until the weekend after next, when I am home. I promise I will still write just as much, though. I'll do a ton when I get home. Please be patient!

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV AVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

God.

I never thought I'd say this, but poor Kaiba. That bastard Pegasus, showing him his brother like that…and then rubbing it in that he failed him.

His last words were an apology to his brother for failing him. He said he tried his best.

Pegasus's response? Your best failed you!

Bastard.

Right, Yug. We won't let him get away with this. Even Kaiba doesn't deserve to be trapped forever is a damn piece of cardboard.

Wait…was it Yugi? That voice…our Yugi's never that strong sounding. I mean, he is strong, but you'd never know it until you see him in a tough spot.

I haven't seen him in a tough spot since he let the spirit take over at Death-T. He thanked Tea an' me for reassuring him we'd still be his friends even if he had gone nuts, and said he'd never be afraid of the spirit again.

I guess he isn't, if he's letting him out.

And thank god he is. `Cause Yugi needs him. Without him, he just got beat up by Ushio. I mean, courage is important, but what'd that guy say?

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

Yug speaks softly, alright. And the spirit's his stick. If he just throws him away…

Yug's gonna be the one to face Pegasus. Nothing's gonna stop him. Not even me. I gonna have to fight him, I can't just give up on helping my sis by winning the prise money for her operation…but I guess I knew I wouldn't make it all the time.

I came because…I wanted to help Yug'. He gave me that star, it was him who made this all possible.

I owe him for being here, for giving me the chance to dream, even for a little while, that I could save my sis.

And I'll pay you back, Yug'.

I'll give you one hell of a warm-up match in the finals.

I won't let anyone but you beat me, Yug. And you'll have to try your hardest.

It'll be the toughtest duel of your life, tougher than anyone else, even Kaiba, could throw at you. And afterwards, you'll be ready to beat that creep. And save Gramps, and that Mokuba brat who poisoned me, and Kaiba.

Stupid Kaiba. Calling me a dog. Made me so mad.

But you don't deserve what's been done to you. You don't. No one does. I can't let that happed to Yug'. Not to my best bud.

He'll win. Everyone here is fighting for something. Well, except Mai.

But Kaiba was fighting for the person he cares about more than anything…

Forget it.

The duel's over. Pegasus won. Tomorrow's the finals.

Wonderful performances from all our finalists, you said?

Yeah, the duels are gonna be brutal. Mai's tough, Keith's a cheating bastard, I am going to go all out even though I'm doomed, and Yug…

Yug was worried about the spirit usin' magic or something to beat his opponent. I don't see the problem.

There's nothing in the rules of duel monsters against magic. Doubt Pegasus would have made himself a cheater.

When you're fighting for family, anything goes.

All's fair in love and war, don't they say? And this is both. Kaiba knew that. The spirit knows that.

Kaiba's a bastard, but I gotta say…if it was Serenity's life on the line, I'd do the same in a heartbeat. I mean, what'v I got to look forward to?

Bad grades, no money…sis has got her whole life ahead of her.

Did Kaiba feel the same? He must'v, I see now. At the time, I thought he was bluffing, but now…he put his soul on the line, ya gotta respect that.

But what's Kaiba got to complain about? He's got tons to live for! He's rich, and a genius, and…

And Tea was right. He's got nothing when it's all over. Except Mokuba. And now he really has got nothing. Not even himself.

Yug…you're staring at the puzzle now. You look angry, and it's not at Pegasus. So you didn't forgive the spirit or whatever?

Damn.

What can I do?

If I try to convince him the spirit did the right thing, that Kaiba wanted to die to help his brother, he'll just think I'm saying that `cause I hate Kaiba.

He won't listen to me. I don't know what to do.

Damn you, Yugi! You and that spirit are everyone's only hope! You've gotta work together!

I guess you might get what you fought for, Kaiba. `Cause of you, you and your brother might be trapped forever.

Yug looks so distracted. I don't think he can duel like this. Not for real. You gotta put your whole heart into the game. You can't hold back, pay attention to anything else.

I might beat you, if you're like this. For the first time. And then I'll be the one to face Pegasus.

And I'll lose. I'm nothing compared to Yug as a duelist, and I don't have a spirit to lend me a hand.

I'll give it my best, for Serenity, for Gramps, for Yug, for the Kaibas even, but…

My best will fail me. I can't lie to myself.

I tell myself I'm strong, but I actually do know my limits. I know when going into a fight is suicide.

But that doesn't stop me from tryin'.

But I don't want to end up alone in a piece of paper, knowing I failed everyone I cared about.

Yug…you've saved us so many times. Is it too much to ask you to save me one, just one more time?

Come on, Yugi. Can't you work it out? You always get me an' Tristan to see sense.

Can't you just talk to the person who shares your mind?

I mean, he's gotta be willin' to lissen, I know it.

I've seen him duel. He fights like he cares.

You know? Heart of the Cards. You can't pull it off if your heart isn' in it.

He's not a bad guy, Yug. Juss lissen to him.

Please, for Kaiba's sake? For all our sakes?

Please?

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV AVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Yes, the accent does turn on and off. It's deliberate. Look at the context.

Pharaohs Angel: Yes. It shows him just deciding and then changing his mind, but it's something he would spend some time on, isn't it?

Chibi Pharaoh Yami: Thanks!

Subieko: Nail on the head. Thanks for telling me I pulled it off.

Amber Eyes: Well, what's going on is depressing. I can't really avoid it.

Silvershadowfire: Well, Yugi has known about having a separate presence for very little time, really. He's used to everything in his head coming from him. Wheras Yami has known he's a guest either since the beginning or for a long time.

Sylvia Viridian: Right, that is Yami's personality. `I'm the king, everyone depends on me, I have to do it all on my own…' He charges off and the priests have to scramble to catch up. He doesn't even tell them what he's doing. I don't think he ever got over his father's death really, before he died. I picture him as a workaholic as pharaoh. That is what really is going on in the Mai duel: Yami agrees to let Yugi be the one in control, relinquishing responsibility. Oops, I really should have waited on saying that. Oh well, I'll go into more detail when I do that duel.