Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Devotion ❯ Remorse ( Chapter 21 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: If I owned Yu-gi-oh, Ryou would get a personality!

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVA VAVAVAVAAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Poor Kaiba. Poor, poor Kaiba.

I know he's been somewhat of a jerk, but he doesn't deserve it. None of us deserve it. Trapped alone, knowing he's failed…I've failed.

This demon in my head is going to mess with my mind so I won't know to fight him anymore. And everyone thinks he's gone.

I'll be trailing around after them, happy as a clam. Containing their destruction. That is, if we survive this.

I will.

Pegasus… the demon is laughing his head off, right now. About how he wished he could do that to Kaiba. Monster.

But even after Pegasus destroyed, annihilated Kaiba so easily, the demon doesn't take him seriously.

It's like… a wolf, looking at a Chihuahua trying to attack it. It's yapping and jumping, and as soon as the wolf recovers from the shock and amusement, it's going to be dinner.

He said Pegasus' desire for the Items wascute!

The demon is nuts.

Yugi let his demon take him over again, after watching the duel. The fool…

You can't trust them. You can't. As mine said, they are darkness.

He'll destroy you. Or get you destroyed. Pegasus is after you because of him and his Item. So is mine.

You're dead. My friend, the innocent one, the kind one who welcomed a strange boy with a jinxed past, is dead.

And I can't stop it.

I'm sorry.

I'm so sorry.

VAVAVAVAVAV

Ha!

That Kaiba brat is an idiot, thinking he could stand up against Pegasus.

In a normal duel, Millennium Item versus no Millennium Item equals a duel over in five seconds. Unless you're me.

I walked into the court and took on all of them, and I was beating them until the Pharaoh summoned that god. Beating them with the power of my hate.

Even a god couldn't stop me. I defeated the next god you summoned, Pharaoh. And then I beat your precious priest.

Even now he fights for you. I wonder what he thought of having your little host's soul inside him?

That was the first Millennium Item I got. And then I got your puzzle, Pharaoh.

I got almost all of them. I almost had my family back. Before you killed me.

And now you're here and I wonder why?

Family. I'm after you because of what your father did. You took me on to defend his body. The Kaiba brat, who I swear is the high priest, was fighting for his brother.

Heh. Deserved what he got. Going into something like that without a plan, letting his enemy manipulate him… I waited until I was strong to seek my revenge.

And in that time he died! Akunamukanon died! Died, and I can never kill him! Why couldn't he have been the one to be here!

You're a poor substitute, Pharaoh.

But I'll kill you anyway. And I'll laugh.

But I'm sorry, everyone. Sorry I failed you. Sorry you won't get your revenge on your murderer.

I'm sorry.

VAVAVAVAVAV

He won. Why am I not surprised.

I ushered the finalists in, told them of the show my master had prepared. Looked at their faces.

I'm not looking now. I'd better see if Master Pegasus needs anything.

He wanted Kaiba's shell to wash dishes? I'd better put him to work. Pegasus will probably ask soon what has been done with him, and he won't be pleased if I just put him in a dungeon.

If I put him in a dungeon with his brother.

Why did I ever take this job? But now I'm trapped. He won't let me go. If I even think about leaving, he'll know.

He's walking along because we're prompting him, and there's no one home.

But I bet he's screaming.

And it almost looks like there is reproach behind his eyes, as his face randomly gazes in my direction.

Look, kid, what do you expect me to do? If I tried anything, I'd end up in one of those cards. I don't have any magic. I can't do a thing.

I'm just as trapped as you.

Sorry, kid, but I can't help you.

I'm sorry.

VAVAVAVAVAV

That… that bastard.

I mean, Joey's one of my best buds, and Kaiba's a jerk to him and Yugi, but this…

You said it, Yugi. Both of you. It's inhuman and horrible, and he needs to pay.

He can't get away with this. But he's not gonna.

The other Yugi's back, definitely. The way he said all that to Pegasus… he's not gonna let him get away with it. Not in a thousand years.

I hope he kills the bastard. Some people just don't deserve to live!

But Yugi wouldn't want that. So he won't.

Bastard has to be cheating somehow. Seeing Kaiba's cards… I'm going to come back here tonight. Find out how he's cheating and stop it. Hidden camera?

I hope it's not magic like Yugi said. Magic I can't do anything about.

I came here to help my buddy out, and I'm going to help them every way I can.

I'm going to be here cheering them on. Yugi and Joey. The best men will win.

You hear that, Pegasus? They're going to kick your ass.

I'm just sorry I won't be the one doing it.

VAVAVAVAVAV

Bastard. Bastard.

Seeing Kaiba's cards… that's what he did to me! I knew it, I knew it!

There's no way he could have predicted my strategy! I'm a champion!

The cheatingbastard!

I'm going to kick his ass! I've got tons of tricks up my sleeve, just you wait!

Heh.

Up my sleeve. Won't help you to see my hand if I can `draw' things to defeat you whenever I want.

I ought to be ashamed of myself. But I'll do whatever it takes to beat you.

I'll get my pride back. I'll be King of Games, the guy who beat the creator of the game. The champion. Like I used to be.

I remember when I was all young and full of pride. Before I was crushed.

I would have been ashamed of myself, when I was just starting out, at the thought of cheating.

I took losing gracefully, vowing to work hard and get them next time.

My younger self would have held me in contempt.

Look, I'm sorry. But I can't let him get away with what he did to me. I won't.

VAVAVAVAVAV

Subieko: My thoughts exactly.

Pharaoh Atemu's Angel: Here you go. And I'm glad you want more.

Slyvia Viridian: Yes, Mai rocks.

Amber Eyes: Go to my author profile. I have my planned chapters there. Everyone: Read my profile!

Shining Charizard: Thanks. I have my own timeline worked out. Basically, I follow the manga until the end of Vol. 7, then I go with the eng anime mostly, except for Doom arc, etc, which I havn't seen. I don't like Yu-gi-oh R, and am using the Pegasus-survives story of the Doom Arc. And I am obsessive. It's scary.

Spiderdude: Thanks for feeding my ego.