Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Devotion ❯ Failure ( Chapter 22 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: If I owned Yu-gi-oh... oh wait. Kisara did get to screw over Akunadin. Go Kazuki Takahashi!

Info for people who haven't seen the manga: The blue-eyes white dragon was inside a girl named Kisara. Seth (Seto's previous life) rescued her, Akunadin (Seth's father, who wanted him to be Pharaoh) wanted him to take her ka (the Blue-Eyes) and defeat Atemu, but he refused and told her to run. Akunadin killed her, and to save her, Seth sealed her in a tablet. Then Akunadin controlled Seth and made him attack Atemu (the battle shown during their duel in Battle City). Kisara broke him free from the mind control. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what happened. Correct me if I'm wrong.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVA VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

I failed him.

I failed him.

Oh gods.

I'm so sorry. So, so sorry, my Master my love. I tried. I truly did.

I was grateful to him at first. Creating these `cards' bringing my ka's form into the world as the tablet you saved me by sealing my soul in did.

I knew you lived. And I swore to find you.

My image on a poster. I saw you then. Then, your little brother drew a picture of me to watch over you. And I did. I healed your heart, then.

But it did not last. The cruel one found me. And took me away. I despaired. So close... it was like leaving you in Akunadin's clutches. Too like. Your father, but not a true one. Not one who truly cared for you. One who wished to use you to hold the power he craved.

I heard from others that you dueled. I couldn't believe what they said. You fought without care for your allies? How could that be?

When I saw you again... I would have cried, if dragons could cry. The harsh but noble one who saved me from the stoning, who was willing to give up my power to let me live, a thief?

I wish I could tell myself you wanted me, but in truth you only wanted my power. You stole me, and wished me to attack the Pharaoh, under the control of your darkness as you had been under my killer's control.

I didn't know what to do. You didn't hear my cries. I knew that the true you could not wish this... so I destroyed myself rather than obey you and attack.

Then the Pharaoh revived me, and used me to defeat you. My heart ached... but I hoped it was for the best. You wished to duel him again, when he died... perhaps you could win me?

He sent you to learn to care for your allies. To let them work their vengeance on you. And in their anger, they killed you again and again. I could not protect you, for I was not among them. But I hunted them down afterwards. NO ONE may touch you and live!

But you did not learn. My other holders... you hunted them down, used cruel tactics to gain me. Ruined lives, caused a death... for me.

I was flattered. Some of me. My dragon nature. The rest of me... mourned. And hoped. And wished... but despaired. But I would fight for you. I owed you too much not to.

And then you came for the fourth card. He was a kind man, but for you I crushed him. And then you destroyed my vessal.

Did you truly think so little of me, that I would serve another?

And then the Pharaoh fought you again. And this time... this time my dragon nature came to the fore, and I fought only. And he crushed you, and broke you.

And I was angry and I rejoiced.

And then I was stolen by your darkness. Why am I always pitted against him, the one you honor, by darkness!? Why can you never have the honest duel you pled with him for, while he died?!

And you called to me. And I killed myself again for you. I owe you my life. And I fought for the Pharaoh, against your dark self. And he aided me. And returned me to you, where I belonged.

And then you made me stronger, but the pharaoh poisoned me. But by your bravery and pure heart, I was able to gain victory for you in the end.

And now... I have failed. Stolen again and again, controlled... I was grateful to him! Thanks to him I found you, but why... he dares! He dares use me against you! And in your desire to defend me, to save me from being controlled as I once saved you, you lost.

I have failed you. I'm sorry.

And now you are trapped in the Shadow Realm, like me, but I cannot reach you. And you do not belong here, as I do now. I can sense through you bond your fear and despair.

Pharaoh! By freeing him I saved you! Save him! You have the power now, as you did not when you were dying. Give me back my Master, the one I serve, the one I love, who might have loved me had I not been killed!

Please!

I cannot bear this. For me, being trapped in a talisman, a tablet was my salvation, a card my freedom to help the one I cared for.

For him, it is a curse. Trapped in eternal darkness, knowing he has failed the one he cares for, as I have failed him.

And my cruel dragon nature asks me why I care. True, he saved me from the townspeople who wished to stone me because I was different, but I was immedietly placed in danger by him for my Ka. He attempted, twice, to save me from this, but twice, he failed, and I had to save him. The second time, I died.

But I am more than the dragon. I have my human soul, what he saved. He did not fail me! He did not!

But I have failed him.

Now I know how the Pharaoh felt. Watching his rival turned into a killer hungry for his blood. Helpless to do anything, weak and dying and desperate not to have his blood on this man's hands...

If you have any gratitude to me, save him!

Seth... Kaiba killed me while I was controlled. He has freed me as I freed him, back then. He would not let me languish in the hands of another. And I will not let him stay in the hands of this Pegasus.

Pharaoh! I wish to aid you. But my cards do not rest in your hands. I am trapped, in Pegasus's possession.

Pity he isn't fool enough to try to use me. I would rejoice to be summoned into the shadow realm in his presence so I could rip and tear and scream my anger...

My despair. I have failed. Seth's fate is not in my hands.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVA VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Pharaoh Atemu's Angel: Here you go.

Cherazz222784: I recommend janime for manga info. And Jennyiah's scanlations. That was Bakura. But most of the things I did to identify him require knowledge of the manga.

Silvershadowfire: That was Mai. For a hint, read the disclaimer. I try to keep them relevant. And I already did Kaiba.

Chibi Pharaoh Yami: Whoa. Impatient, aren't we? I love it!

Spiderdude: Here you go.

Amber Eyes: It will quit being so soon.

Subieko: Thanks. You review a lot, I love it.

Shining Charizard: Pegasus next. See my profile for upcoming chappies.