Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Devotion ❯ Motivation ( Chapter 23 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: If I owned Yu-gi-oh a once-nice guy like Pegasus wouldn't have been given the M. Eye and turned psycho.

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow, so no idea when next update. Sorry.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV AVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Ha!

Your best failed you!

So, so arrogant. Wanting to see who the true master of my game was, the `Champion' or the Creator? Like you ever had a chance, Kaiba-boy.

And now your soul, like your brother's, is mine. Mine all mine. And what a strong soul it is...

My game does seem to attract the powerful, doesn't it? Like those with power in their own souls can feel the beat in the cards, the power they provide access to, and crave it more than anything.

People have ruined themselves over my little game. Sold their houses to buy a single card that cried out to them with the power they had been born longing for, searching for the sheildmate the cruel world denied them...

Suicided over losing duels. What, you thought your maneuver with little Yugi was new?

I used to kidnap people to make them play my game. To lose their souls to me. Until I found those who jumped into my clutches were far, far more suitable.

Offer to show them my power, how to grasp what was just within their reach, the wonder in their eyes when I summoned their favorite monster...

I don't have that power. That addiction. It's just a game to me. The `Shadow Realm' would kill me in an instant. But my Millennium Eye protects me.

The Heart of the Cards young Yugi-boy wanted to tell Kaiba about? There are few who willingly fight for me. Relinquished and others are loyal servants, but out of fear. I would sacrifice them in a heartbeat for my goals. And they know it. There is not the devotion that Yugi's Dark Magician feels, trusting in his Pharaoh to protect him, but willing to die if he must, nor the wild desperation of Kaiba's Blue-Eyes, attempting to fight against me when I tried to use her against him.

She fought. For all the good it did. A monster can't stop me, even if they are more than ink on paper. This is my game, after all.

No one can fight me.

I will get what I want.

Not for me a Monster to fight beside. A light self or a little brother?

I want my wife. I want me Cecelia.

You understand that, don't you? All you who stand before me here, finalists, duelists with magic pulsing around you, power untapped (save for you, Yugi-boy)...

You know what I can do. You just saw me do my worst to Kaiba. Yet you still want to win.

Valentine, Keith... the hearts in your bodies and the hearts of your decks are pumping fast and strong. You long for victory with all your hearts. True duelists, I salute you.

I look forward to adding you to my collection.

Wheeler? A newbie... but so strong, so fast? Taught by the best: Yugi-boy, the Pharaoh, and the old champion I already hold, but what in you recognized this power, what force in you called luck to heel?

I'm going to need all the luck I can get, to get here back. Yours will be a start. You fight for your sister and your friend. I have no fear of you backing out. You'll lay your head on the chopping block for me.

As you already did, Kaiba-boy, for your brother. You fought for the privilege of handing me the strongest soul in my collection so far. The strongest I've even seen, save Yugi-boy's.

Yugi-boy... you fight for your grandfather. And now you fight to free Kaiba, to `punish' me for the `evil' I've done.

But the ends justify the means. Too bad you'll never learn that.

I would have been satisfied with just the puzzle. But your power... that light... it will be mine.

Pharaoh... you fight for justice, but more for the one whose soul you share. You crave his light too, don't you.

What wouldn't you do for him? What are the limits of your devotion?

Oh come on. You can't be willing to do anything for him.

I'm the only one who loves that much. I'm willing to do anything, anything, for Cynthia.

And that's what separates me from the rest of you.

You fight for such a shallow thing as mere victory? You fight for loved ones and fail them?

I will not fail. And that is why I deserve my happiness. When she died, did I give up? I searched the world for a way to bring her back! I sacrificed my eye, my very soul.

Sank to such depths of depravity...

I tell myself she'll be pleased, but she won't be pleased to know what I've done. She'll reject me. And I'll kill myself.

But I'll die knowing she's alive.

No! We'll be together forever! I'll use the power of the items to make her immortal and build her palaces and everything will be perfect!

I'll lay the souls I broke for her at her feet as offerings and her portrait will hang in every museum and people will see what a goddess she is.

And I'll finally be happy.

It'll all be worth it.

You see that, don't you, Kaiba, Mokuba, Yugi, Solomon...

She's the most important thing in the universe. I have to have her back.

I will have her back.

Ah, good. You agree.

She's mine. She's mine and not death itself can keep me from her. I'd deal with the devil himself for her. Become the devil.

I will have her back. Even if I have to kill every last one of you. Shred your souls into raw materials for the spells to bring her back. No hard feelings. You're nothing compared to her.

Nothing.

No one will miss you, no one will care... no one's noticed the disappearances of the others.

What do you have to live for? Dedicating your lives to a little card game...

Yugi, your only family is your grandfather: don't worry, you'll soon be joining him.

Joey: your mother and sister abandoned you to a drunkard. Don't tell me you'll miss them.

You should be grateful. Your deaths will serve a higher purpose. There is a meaning to your lives.

Cecelia will put flowers on your graves.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV AVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Subieko: I don't like that a lot of people consider Kisara a Mary-Sue. She's like Tea, she gets bashed and doesn't deserve it.

Sylvia Viridian: Oh, I know all about that. And thanks for your assessments.l

Chibi Pharaoh Yami: Sorry!

Silvershadowfire: Thanks!

Pharaoh Atemu's Angel: Well, she is a major player in this duel, and I said I'd do all the spectators.

Shining Charizard: Love you! I love Yami, and saying I do him well... wanting to explore his character is the whole reason I started doing fanfiction. Thanks!