Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Devotion ❯ Forgetting ( Chapter 29 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: If I owned Yu-gi-oh, they wouldn't have kept Pegasus alive in the anime. I mean, it is good that he gets to sort of redeem himself by being helpful, but… he should have been able to join Cynthia.

 

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV AVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

 

Another night, another few souls… this Malik is a fool, continuing to send his minions against me.

 

The fake cards he makes are a direct challenge. And I want the Items he holds.

 

Yet he uses his power to escape my traps and create his own. He's not as kind as little Yugi-boy and the Pharaoh. He's appropriately ruthless.

 

Really, Yugi-boy only got the Puzzle due to luck. He certainly doesn't deserve its powers.

 

Spending eight years solving a trinket?

 

I've spent eighteen fighting for my love.

 

I, too, shall succeed. But I will keep my prize for longer than a few months.

 

My followers surround Malik's envoy. I think I'll show off tonight. Surely Malik has no Ally that can rival the power of the Blue-Eyes.

 

The power that flows into me from Kaiba-boy. Around the edges of his mind are flickers of his past. A man of power, a commander, a ruler then as now.

 

Helpless before me. In torment. But he deserves it, doesn't he?

 

Hiring assassins to kill Yugi-boy? Why, that would have denied me the Puzzle! Naughty, naughty Kaiba-boy!

 

I think I'll hurt you more now.

 

And another one bites the dust. And what have we here?

 

Bakura Ryou and some of Yugi's little friends. Spying, hmmm?

 

Terrified, hmmm?

 

I think I'll take the ring now.

 

What the… what is this dark presence? No, no, you're kidding, there's nothing that can fight me, nothing that can stop me from winnin…

 

VAVAVAVAVAV

 

And another one bites the dust. Really, Malik needs to invest in a better grade of minion.

 

And my little cultists chant, and someone tries to slip my web of spells.

 

The Pharaoh? Or Yami, as he has named himself.

 

So, so sweet. Trying to let Yugi-boy see his beloved Grandfather one last time. Before he joins him in lonely darkness.

 

He's rejected you, and yet you still… He doesn't deserve you.

 

And you don't listen, you don't try to convince him he needs you, as he does to get through the finals, forget beating me…

 

Forget it.

 

Ha ha!

 

You just sit there. You should be in despair, yet you're strangely… content. You're happy. I can't believe it.

 

You're just happy to do little things for him. Happy to sit on the sidelines, never to truly live except when he needs you. Happy to be used by him.

 

Yet I expect you'll try to fight being used by me.

 

And I know it won't work.

 

And he wondered for a second if he was seeing an illusion of his grandfather, but he dismissed the idea.

 

He trusts you, deep down. Yet you betray him by your loyalty.

 

You know I set the whole Kaiba thing up. You know you didn't need to kill him, could have kept him from going off the cliff with magic. You know Yugi-boy stopped you only because he didn't know what you were planning.

 

And yet, you obeyed his order to stop, even though you knew the results would not be what he wished. You refuse to tell him your innocence, to spare him the pain of knowing how he was caught in my web, condemned Kaiba-boy to the torment he experiences now.

 

How he betrayed you.

 

And now he has awoken, and you remain behind though you wish to accompany him in all things.

 

But you feel he doesn't want you.

 

Fool.

 

Just tell him the truth, just `apologize', just follow him as you ache to do, and he would accept you again.

 

He hates the gulf between you. He is afraid to approach you. You are afraid to approach him!

 

Idiots!

 

When the one you love suffers, you don't sit there and do nothing! You do whatever it takes to get them back!

 

I'm doing whatever it takes to get Cynthia back, don't you see!? Fools.

 

You don't deserve what you have. You deserve to be apart like this, you deserve to suffer even more for your stupidity. We didn't deserve to have what we had taken away from us. We deserve our love, our lives back.

 

And we're all going to get what we deserve. Isn't it grand?

 

And now you're trying to stop justice, Pharaoh. Kaiba-boy deserves the torment he's going through. To be separated from the one he lives for, as I am separated from Cynthia… though his caring is nothing like our true love…

 

His power is mine now. He is mine. And I want him to suffer, to regret, to scream… not to rest peacefully, waiting to be rescued, knowing his brother is safe.

 

As I hope Cynthia is resting…

 

I'm fine, dear. Just fine. And soon we'll be together again, just the two of us, and we'll be rich and I built you the castle you always wanted everything will be perfect again and I'll be able to paint you…

 

The monsters don't compare.

 

I've got your portrait everywhere, you know that? So I don't have to go a minute without seeing you.

 

I can't live without seeing you. I can't live without you.

 

This isn't living. Tormenting these poor boys… what am I thinking… sometimes, I know it's wrong, but I don't care enough to stop it.

 

Sometimes I want to punish them, to punish everyone for being happy when I am not…

 

Sometimes I just want screaming.

 

Wakey, wakey Kaiba-boy! Ah, much better.

 

And even more than the pain of you soul at being drained, is your anger and anguish. You can't stop screaming. And your brother is watching. And listening. And crying.

 

Crying like I did…

 

Is that what tears taste like? It's strange that I keep forgetting. I tasted my own on my lips last night.

 

Every day, when I wake up my pillow is wet.

 

And you two… Yugi-boy! How dare you!

 

How dare you feel that gentle joy, that hope for a reconciliation! How dare holding Yugi-boy in your arms for an instant soothe your soul and heart like that, Pharaoh!

 

Forget it.

 

They'll be suffering soon enough.

 

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV AVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

 

What book, Sylvia?

 

Yup, Mokuba rocks. Given that he's as tall as Yugi now, he might end up taller than Seto.