Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Domino Exchange ❯ Acceptance Letters ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh

Key

-thinking-

/song lyrics/

empahsis

/x: some one singing/

two or more japanese people speaking to each other in Japanese, when not already in Japanese

 

Prologue

It was a grim day in Domino, the sun was out, the birds were chirpings, what was left of the graa was green and our hero, Yugi Moto, was in school, with some of his friends, Tea Gardner, Joey Wheeler, Tristan Taylor, and Duke Devlin, and with some of his not so close friends, Ryou Bakura and of course Seto Kaiba. It was their senior year, and in order to graduate they had to do a class project, and not just any class project, but one on the Modern Life of Insert your country here project. So when the teens found out about a foreign exchange program they had all quite literally jumped at the chance, well except Kaiba who was much to dignified to jump at such a chance, no he prefered to simply strut over to the sign-up sheet and glare at anyone who got in his way. If only they had known the chaos that was to ensue, if only they had known the personalities of the host families they would of got partnered with. If they had known they would not have signed up, but they didn't and so they did sign up for the Domino Exchange.

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

 

Chap 1

 

"This is going to be so much fun." The blue eyed, brunnete firl of the group exclaimed jumping up and down excitedly.

 

"Yea I wonder who my host family will be like." Yugi said watching his friend jump up and down like her skirt was on fire.

 

:"Me too!" Duke said playing with his hair, a favorite past time of his.

 

"Hey, I know, why don't we tell our host brotha' or sistas names that way we can all find each other when we all are in America!" Joey exclaimed. Ignoring the fact that America was huge, and the likelyhood of them finding each other, if they didn't all go to the same school, on just the names of their host brother or sisters name, not the parents the kids mind you, was like a zillion to one.

 

"Yea, that's a great plan!" Tristan exclaimed, "Hey Joey, looks like you've had your bright idea for the year." He snickered.

 

"Err, Tristan." Joey said playfully putting Tristan in a headlock. The two began to play wrestle for a little while, hey what the teacher didn't know wouldn't hurt her right, for awhile. They kept wrestling until they were interuppted by Yugi clearing his throat.

 

"Okay, let's see..." Yugi said unfolding his acceptance letter. "My host brothers name is...Deoindre Brown." Yugi said.

 

"My turn, my turn!" Tea saod giddly opening up her acceptance letter. "Umm, my host brother's name is Zachery Smith." Tea said.

 

"Mine is Alabaster Jenkins," Joey said. "Wow, he must be some kind of rock star or something." Joey said dumbly.

 

"Mine is Raymond Alazae." Duke said.

 

"Umm, let's see, oh here it is, righty-o, my host brothers name is Jeffery Jones." Bakura said.

 

"Mine is, Sarah Harley." Tristan said.

 

"Hey Tristan, go long." Joey said flicking a paper football, made of his acceptance letter's envelope, at Tristan. Tristan being, well Tristan, completely missed it and it landed right on the back of the head, of a certain brown hair, blue eyed teen, that was in serious need of a reality check, and no it wasn't Tea. Kaiba turned his head and glared murderously at Joey.

 

"Umm, sorry about that mate, I was just wondering umm, if you got into the foreign exchange program we're all in." Ryou said, breaking up a potential spat between the two aforementioned teens.

 

Kaiba snorted and showed them his acceptance letter. "As if you had any doubt." He replied cooly, turning back to his book.

 

Hey Kaiba, what's your host brother or sister's name." Tea asked him, finally taking a seat in her desk. But Kaiba ignored her. So she scooted her chair closer. "Aren't you going to tell us." She asked again. Still no reply. So she scooted her chair closer. "Psst, hello Earth to Kaiba." Tea said again.

 

"Aww, just ignore him." Joey said.

 

"No, this is important, after all Kaiba needs friends too." Tea said scooting her chair even closer, now just inches away from Kaiba.

 

"But what does this have to do with friend..." Duke began when Joey covered Duke's mouth with his hand. He shook his head, as if to say don't ask and Duke nodded in agreement.

 

:Tea scooted closer. "Oh come on, you can tell us." she said now breathing down her neck. Kaiba turned toward irrabitaly.

 

"Do you mind?" He snapped, pushing her desk back to her corner of the room. She marched over to him and snatched the letter from him.

 

"Yes, I mind now let me see." She said opening up. "Elizabeth Black." she said. She patted him on the head. "Now was that so hard." she cooed. Kaiba glared up at her, and snatched it from him.

 

"This none of you geeks business so stay out of it." Kaiba said to Yugi huffily, then turned back to his reading.

 

"What did I do?" Yugi said putting a finger to his mouth in confusion. Then a sweet bell rang, signaling sweet freedom, well at least until the next school day. "Yea, school's out come on guys let's go to Burger World." Yugi said. When his hopes were temporairly dashed as an annoucement on the P.A. system told all particapants in the Domino exchange program to report to the cafeteria immediately for an important meeting.

 

Yugi reluctantly put his stuff in his bag and they all headed to the door. Kaiba let one girl go throught the ahead of him, but when Tea tried he blocked her off and walked out the room.

 

"Geez, somebody needs to lighten up." Tea said.

 

"I heard that Gardner." Kaiba said from outside the hallway.

 

"You need friends." Tea shouted. There was no more reply so the group made their way to the cafeteria where they had to hear a boring five hour speech about their new home. By the time they all got home, it was time for them to pack, because tommorow they would be leaving for their new homes.

 

"Well at least we all get to go to the same school." Yugi said to Tea over the phone.

 

"I know isn't it great, hold on I got another call." Tea replied.

 

"Hey guys guess what we're all going to be at the same school, ain't that great, dis is gonna be da bomb." Joey said.

 

"Uh, Joey, your the only one that didn't no that." Tristan said, his voice coming from somewhere in the distance on Joey's line.

 

"Hold on a sec guys, I have another call." Yugi said.

 

"Hello Mate, I guess we'll all be having the same schedule then aye, well I'm sure we'll have a smashing good time." Ryou said.

 

Yugi suddenly had another call, this time on hs cellphone.

 

"Moshi Moshi." He said politely.

 

"Yugi, after this is over I challenge to a rematch." Kaiba's voice came over the line. Yami tapped Yugi on the shoulder. "Yugi I need to talk to you, I worry that I worry to much, do you have some advice or am I just worrying you too." Yami said.

 

"Ummm, I'm sure we will, I'm not worried, and you got yourself a duel." Yugi said accidently switching up the order of things and telling Kaiba and Yami the wrong things.

 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOUR NOT WORRIED YUGI, I AM NOT SOME THIRD RATE, BIG MOUTH LOSING CHUMP LIKE YOUR FRIEND WHEELER." Kaiba's voice thundered.

 

"Do you really think dueling will help Yugi." Yami said.

 

"Yugi, I can't believe you said that to Kaiba, I'm sure you hurt his feelings a lot." Tea said.

 

"GARDNER IS THAT YOU,. YUGI DID NOT HURT MY FEELINGS, EMOTIONS ARE FOR THE WEAK!"

 

"Yugi how is dueling going to help anything?"

 

"That's not true Kaiba, and if you just had friends you would no that."

 

"Hahah, Kaiba, your feelin's are probably so hurt you couldn't even lay a trap card straight without crying for ya momma."

 

"Nice one Joey."

 

"I'm think your right everything will go smashing."

 

"YOU IDIOT, I DON'T HAVE ANY PARENTS AND EVEN IF I DID I WOULDN'T GO CRYING TO THEM, LIKE I'M SURE YOU DO EVERY SINGLE TIME I WIPE THE FLOOR WITH YOU."

 

"Joey that was harsh."

 

"Yugi, what if dueling is what's worrying me?"

 

"Yea, well it needed to be said, and you don't wipe the floor with me Kaiba, YOUR JUST MAD BECAUSE YOUR A HAS BEEN."

 

"I'D RATHER BE A HAS BEEN THEN A NEVER WAS MUTT."

 

"WILL YOU GUYS QUIT FIGHTING, THAT'S NOT WHAT FRIENDS DO!"

 

"WHY DON'T YOU COME SAY THAT MY FACE."

 

"UH, JOEY HE'S ON THE PHONE AND WHERE DO YOU KEEP THE PEPPERONI."

 

"KIND OF HARD TO HEAR WITH ALL THE YELLING, ISN'T IT MATE."

 

"YUGI WHAT DO I DO, I'M REALLY BEGINGING TO WORRY ABOUT THIS, I MEAN I THINK I DO WORRY TO MUCH, BECAUSE RIGHT NOW I'M WORRIED ABOUT BEING WORRIED."

 

-I need to think of some way to calm everyone down and get everyone off the phone.- Yugi thought.

 

"I LIKE THONGS!" Yugi shouted. Suddenly there was a dead silence on all ends of the phone.

 

"Umm, right, I think I'll call back later, cheery-o mate." Ryou said quickly hanging up.

 

"Umm, I have to put Mokuba to bed, we'll talk later...." Kaiba said slamming down the phone.

 

"Umm, Yug, I have to go umm, water my epidermis see ya." Joey said quickly hanging up.

 

"Aibou, I can see your busy we'll talk later." Yami said disappering back into the millenium puzzle.

 

Yugi sighed in relief when everyone was quiet. "Umm, what color?" Tea voice came over the line. "Because I have a pink one I haven't used yet that you can borrow, because that's what friends do, I guess."

 

Yugi sweatdropped. "Uh, Tea talk to you later." Yugi said hanging up. He packed his things and got ready for the next day. He couldn't wait until he met his host family.