Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Double Identity ❯ My Name is Anisa ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Meira: *muttering darkly*

Yami: *sigh* She can't get into the right mood to write this story… so this will probably be another happy - go - lucky, fluffy chapter. The kind that Meira can't stand…

Meira: *sitting at computer, tapping hand impatiently on mouse*

Yami: Then she has writer's block… but GLTB keeps telling her to take a break.

Meira: Authoresses don't get breaks when they're writing fics for friends… I have to finish this story ASAP…

Yami: Then what kind of story are you writing? There are only three genres…

Meira: Horror, Mystery, Romance, Drama, Angst… more, definitely. Let the readers come up with the categories. *still muttering darkly*

Yami: *anime fall* What kind of stories do you like? Since every one of your stories you just have to put under the category of Angst…

Meira: Dark Magician, Meet Pikachu isn't under Angst.

Yami: … The rest of your stories at least…

Meira: I can't stand those happy stories… it's always "OOH! OOH! HEHEHEHE!!!" Nothing annoys me more… I prefer those stories that are sad and dark… this is also supposed to be a DarkFic.

Yami: *anime fall* GLTB will not be happy…

Meira: I already told her that it was going to be a DarkFic… and a sad, tragic one too. It's not going to be a story with a happy ending, that's for sure.

Yami: … You're not going to kill me off, are you?

Meira: Not sure… I am going to kill off a few characters…

Yami: *anime fall*

Meira: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh, Saéka, Riruka, Kai Hiwatari. Though I do own any other characters that don't appear in the show/manga.

Yami: You don't even own me…

Meira: Who would want to?

Yami: …

IMPORTANT!!!

Mind link:

Yugi to Yami: < >

Yami to Yugi << >>)

~~Saéka's POV~~

Me… I was the sister of… a tomb robber? But that was seriously impossible. I mean… I was only sixteen years old.

"Priestess," Ishizu said, eyeing me closely. "Are you alright?" I laughed.

"Alright? Alright?" I yelled, anger filling up inside me. "HOW CAN I BE ALRIGHT?!" Ishizu looked shocked.

"Sorry," I mumbled. "It just came as a shock…"

"That's quite alright," Ishizu said calmly. "But it came as a shock to me as well… to see somebody that looked so similar to the Priestess Leila."

"Who is this… Priestess Leila?" I asked, hoping that she had some answers about that… and some answers as to why Bakura attacked me.

"She was a Priestess that lived five thousand years ago in ancient Egypt," Ishizu replied. Great… now she was linking me with Egypt? "She helped the Pharaoh."

"Pharaoh?" I asked, curious.

"I will show you," Ishizu said, touching her necklace. "Using the power of my Millennium Necklace!"

A bright light shone from her necklace, and engulfed both of us.

~~Vision~~

[Meira: THIS IS IN THE PAST! IN ANCIENT EGYPT!!! And I'm doing it in my own way… not the floating around watching everything thing. Normally it is that way… but just watch and see what happens.]

I slowly opened my eyes. Where… was I? I glanced around. The walls were strange, it was fairly dark. I looked down. Wait… I wasn't this tan.

"Anisa," a voice said from behind me. I turned around to see a person with white hair and a cut under his eye, crossed twice. He looked strangely familiar…

BAKURA!

"Bakura," I heard myself say coldly. "You are forgetting that my name is now Leila."

Bakura laughed. Whoa… did I just say that my name is Leila? And did he just call me Anisa?

"So you really have decided to betray our family, once and for all," Bakura sneered. "You are working for the Pharaoh and his son. You have forgotten so quickly…"

"Supposedly I have," I replied, my voice icy and not at all like my voice. Yet these two voices sounded so familiar…

Bakura's face darkened. "You will pay for what you have done," he hissed. "I will destroy you."

"I would like to see you try," I replied levelly.

"Mother and father would have been disappointed with you," Bakura said sadly. "They trusted you… and look what you have done."

I glared at him. "It is true that I do not approve of what I have done, but mother and father would not like to see either of us wallowing in hate, plotting our revenge."

"You may think that way, but I have my own views. I will avenge mother and father. And if you choose to stand in my way, then I will have no choice but to destroy you as well," he hissed, his face dangerous.

Instead of bowing down, I held my head up high. "If you choose to live your life this way, then so be it. I have my own path. I am living out mother's dream."

"It's true that mother always wanted you to be a priestess and me a priest," Bakura replied sorrowfully. "But I never dreamed that you would just let your mother and father's death just bypass you this easily."

"I am like you, I also grieve," I replied.

"But you chose to turn against me when I decided to avenge our parents," Bakura said, glaring at me.

"I will go by my own path," I whispered, hoping that he wouldn't realize that I was going to cry. "Even if it means breaking my ties with you."

"Sister-" Bakura started.

"If you wish to live your life in hate, then I have no choice," I whispered, tears forming at the corner of my eyes. "Goodbye." With that, I turned on my heel and walked away.

"ANISA!" Bakura yelled. I didn't turn around. "YOU WILL REGRET THIS WITH ALL YOUR LIFE! YOU JUST WAIT… I'LL MAKE YOU PAY! I WILL MAKE YOU AND THE PHARAOH PAY! ALL OF YOU WILL PAY WITH YOUR LIVES!"

~~End Vision~~

I gasped as I felt myself hit the ground. I slowly opened my eyes, facing the ground. I sighed in relief. Good old linoleum…

"Priestess," I heard Ishizu say. I looked up, tears stinging my eyes.

"Was that really me?" I whimpered, realizing what had just happened. "Was I really that… that… cruel person?"

Ishizu sighed. "That was you in a past life, I'm sure. Priestess Leila would have been able to resist my Millennium Necklace with no trouble at all… and even if she didn't know who she was, she still could have stopped it."

"Why did Bakura call… Leila… Anisa?" I asked.

"I'll show you," Ishizu said simply.

"No…" I whispered, but it was too late…

~~Vision~~

"Anisa!" a little boy's voice called out. I turned to see Bakura.

"Bakura-kun!" I cried. Whoa… I sounded like a little kid. I saw a little boy with pale hair running toward me. Hold on… this was a Chibi Bakura.

"Mother said that the Pharaoh was going to create some items, something that will stop these awful monsters from terrorizing our village anymore," Bakura said, proud.

"Thank Ra," I said in my little kid voice.

"Yes," Bakura whispered. "Thank Ra."

~~End Vision~~

I was sure that the vision was over as soon as I saw white light… but I was wrong.

~~Vision~~

"BAKURA!" I cried, cowering underneath the table in our front room. Bakura ran in.

"Anisa!" he yelled, looking around wildly. He spotted me underneath the table, and ran over to me.

"What's going on?" I asked fearfully.

"The Pharaoh…" Bakura whispered. "He betrayed us. He's killing everybody in our village. Mother and father are out there, trying to defend us."

"What are we going to do?" I asked, scared for all of us.

"We're going to run," Bakura whispered. "Run far away."

"What about the others?"

"I don't know… the Pharaoh's already killed enough. Mother told us to run, and not to look back."

"But-"

"No buts!" Bakura yelled, his voice harsh. Seeing my eyes wide in fear, he calmed down. "We have to go, otherwise he'll kill us as well."

I nodded, knowing that Bakura had complete control over me… he was my big brother. Mother and father had entrusted him with me in case something happened to them. Like they knew that this was going to happen.

"Let's go," Bakura whispered, helping me out.

We ran. Outside, everything was on fire. The houses, livestock, barns… Our village… it was going to be in ruins.

"Those two!" I heard a man yell. Bakura glanced fearfully behind us.

"Come on," he muttered, and we ran faster.
"BAKURA! ANISA!" I heard mother yell. "DON'T LOOK BACK! JUST KEEP RUNNING! DON'T STOP… FOR ANYTHING!"

Bakura was crying. It was the first time that I had ever seen him cry, ever.

We kept on running, as fast and as far as we could.

"KILL THEM!" I heard somebody yell. Despite myself, I turned my head back around.

Our house was tumbling down to the ground. Our entire village was in a reddish blaze.

I had to face reality… everybody in our village was… gone.

~~End Vision~~

I opened my eyes. Ishizu was standing before me.

"What… was that?" I asked quietly. Ishizu sighed. Her necklace glowed again.

This time, I allowed myself to be engulfed by light.

~~Vision~~

I sat down on the banks of the Nile, crying.

"Anisa," I heard Bakura's voice say soothingly. Chibi Bakura, actually. "It's okay… We'll avenge mother and father… we'll make the Pharaoh pay for what he did."

"Promise?" I asked hopefully, wishing that what Bakura said was true. "Promise that we'll get revenge on the Pharaoh?"

"Yes," Bakura said, picking up a knife from the ground.

"What are you going to do?" I asked fearfully, remembering how knives had destroyed last night…

"Hold out your hand," he commanded. I obediently held out my hand. Bakura took my hand, but instead put the knife by my left collar bone.

"Brother," I said fearfully, hoping that he wasn't going to kill me.

"This will only hurt for a minute," he whispered. I felt him carving something into my flesh. I winced at the pain, but didn't cry out loud.

"Finished," Bakura said, setting down the knife. I put a hand to my wound.

"What did you do?" I asked, but Bakura was intent on carving something into his arm. "What are you doing?"

"Carving something," he muttered. I noticed that he was carving it into the Eye of Ra, a legendary symbol in our village.

"What for?" I asked, realizing that he had carved the same thing into my flesh.

"As long as these symbols stay on us," Bakura said, setting down the knife. "We promise to avenge mother, father, everybody in our village."

I grinned. "Promise."

~~End Vision~~

(Meira: Short chapter… I got writer's block again. I got through it halfway in this chapter… then it got the best of me. And MathWhiz100 was laughing at some parts of this story… which actually discourages me. I'll remind everybody once again, this is not a humor Fic. It's supposed to be dark and sad and everything like that… *sniffles* But I guess the main reason is that I can't get into a bad mood…

Yami: Take a break…

Meira: Good idea… *goes to turn off computer*

Yami: WAIT! Never mind… I wanna see what happens.

Meira: =.=)

I opened my eyes. I was back in the museum. I glanced up.

"Ishizu," I whispered. "Why did you show me this?"

"You must know," she said softly. "In order to defeat your brother, you must know about your past."

"What about the Pharaoh?" I asked, realizing that my face was streaked in tears.

"The Pharaoh…" she said quietly. "Perhaps another time."

I nodded, and trudged slowly out of the museum, my head clouded with thoughts.

~~Kai's POV~~

Damnit… where was Saéka? I couldn't find her anywhere, and wasn't she supposed to be dueling?

I ran past the Domino Museum, and to my surprise, I saw Saéka sitting on the steps, crying softly.

"Saéka!" I yelled, running up to her. She glanced up quickly and saw me.

"Hey," she mumbled, clearly not interested in talking.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly, as to not alarm her.

"Nothing," she muttered, attempting to wipe away her tears. Ha. As if. I knew Saéka better than she thought I did… she couldn't fool me.

"What'd Bakura do to you?" I asked angrily, remembering the incident earlier.

"Nothing," she muttered again, attempting to stand up, but I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"What did he do?" I asked, my voice full of menace. Saéka turned toward me, her eyes blazing.

"NOTHING! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU? BAKURA DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO ME! DO YOU THINK THAT YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A RIGHT TO BE SAYING ALL OF THIS TO ME? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO ALWAYS MAKES ME FURIOUS! JUST SHUT UP!!!" she screamed, shocking several people that were walking by.

What the heck? Saéka had never acted like this before. Never in America… but this was Japan.

Saéka had changed a lot since I saw her in Japan… she seemed like she had a lot on her mind. A lot. She was so… different now.

She wasn't the same girl who was my best friend. I barely knew her anymore…

"Sorry," she muttered, impatiently brushing her hair out of her face. "A lot's been going on… and I've got a lot on my mind."

"I can tell," I said, amused. But… this wasn't the time for jokes. Saéka was looking so sad and everything…

"I've got to go," she mumbled, standing up. "I've got to go duel… it's Battle City."

"Yeah…" I replied, though I knew that she was in no condition to duel. Her heart just wasn't in the right place.

"See you," she whispered, and started to walk off.

"Saéka," I called after her retreating back. She turned.

"Yeah?"

"Just to let you know," I said softly. "In case you ever need me, I'm here."

Saéka nodded.

[Meira: AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! CHEESINESS!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!! *breathes deeply* I can't stand that… but it was kind of funny…]

~~Saéka's POV~~

Hearing those words come from Kai was weird. I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised if it were Yugi or something… but Kai?

I didn't know what to say… it was strange, yes, but there was no way that I could deflate his ego once it was up…

But what Ishizu had said at the museum today was beyond strange. Especially her… Millennium Necklace, was it? How had it tapped in so far… Why did I see those… visions?

Yugi had said that he had a Millennium Item, his Millennium Puzzle. If Ishizu's Millennium Necklace contained that much power, imagine the Millennium Puzzle. And all of the Millennium Items put together, probably.

Bakura… Leila… Anisa… the Pharaoh…

What had that all meant? Why did I have to see those visions?

Was I really that cruel?

Did I really suffer those losses?

Had I been too hard on Kai, after all he had done for me?

Was I actually related to Bakura?

Did Anisa really change her name to Leila?

Was I Anisa?

So many questions came through my mind. Too many for me to count… too many with unanswered questions.

That was it. That was the answer.

Yugi had once told me that he and Yami each had their own soul rooms, each designed to match their heart and soul… sometimes where answers would be found.

Possibly… it was time for me to go and see what was inside my soul room.

~~Yugi's POV~~

<You think that Saéka was hiding something earlier today?>

<<I don't know…>>

<What was all that blood about though?>

<<I don't know. But I had a bad feeling about it though. Something about her… it seems to trigger something in my memory.>>

<You mean Saéka triggered something in your memory? Do you remember now?>

<<No… I just have a strange feeling… Like I've met her somewhere before.>>

<Maybe in Egypt. You were Pharaoh… maybe she's somebody's reincarnation.>

<<You still studying that reincarnation stuff?>>

<…>

//Possibly… it's time for me to go and see what is inside my soul room.//

I heard Saéka's voice flit through my mind again. I looked around wildly.

<<Something wrong?>>

<Didn't you hear Saéka's voice?>

<<No… I didn't.>>

<But that's impossible! You hear everything I hear!>

<<Maybe not. It seems that some things only you can hear.>>

<I don't understand.>

<<Neither do I, but maybe Saéka does have something to do with you. Something beyond reasoning. I have a feeling that somehow… you two are mentally linked.>>

<YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!>

<<Maybe not… you should talk to Saéka sometime. She might know something.>>

<I will… maybe she can explain this to me.>

<<There's something deeper in depth than that.>>

<Like what?>

<<I'm not sure. I just know… somehow… that Saéka has something to do with my past… I just know it. And that feeling is getting stronger every minute.>>

<Maybe she found out something… maybe that's why you think that she has something to do with your past.>

<<Possibly…>>

<But what was that… Saéka said that she had to go to her soul room. I didn't know that people who didn't share a mind had soul rooms.>

<<Everybody has a soul room. It's just easier for you and me to find ours because we share a mind. It's different for others.>>

<I see…>

<<But I don't understand… why d->>

Yami broke off, glancing around.

<What's up?>

<<There's somebody coming.>>

I looked around. I didn't see anybody… at least nobody that I recognized. That was strange…

<You still sense the guy?>

<<No… perhaps that was just something that was passing by… and I misinterpreted.>>

<Yeah…>

<<Well, there's still a lot to think about. But I wonder what that Marik is up to next.>>

"Yugi!" I heard somebody yell. I turned around to see…

(Meira: CLIFFY!!! MUAHAHAHA!!! … I'm so evil… ^-^

I didn't get through my writer's block… so this is another really crappy, pointless chapter with a pointless plot. Now, as soon as I clear up this whole Egyptian mess that I didn't plan to get myself into… I can get on to the point in the story that I planned.

Yami: *furious* YOU ACTUALLY PLANNED SOMETHING AND DIDN'T TELL ME?!?!

Meira: You know… if I told you, you would've ruined the whole thing.

Yami: … When is this thing going to happen?

Meira: Later… probably after Battle City, because there's too much going on now. But that will take forever… And the end is why I probably will up the rating. It's supposed to be scary, dark… and no, there will be minimal romantic stuff.

Yami: Phew…

Meira: Those stories make me sick… and when I mean minimal, I mean minimal. And not to offend any readers or anything… but it's just pointless to ruin a perfectly good story with romance. It's just not my writing style…

Yami: Yeah. Your writing style is crap.

Meira: You don't have to be so mean about it… I am getting a little better.

Yami: Key word - little.

Meira: … Well… as long as Yami decides to be mean, this story will become darker and darker and darker, and there will be plenty of Yami torture.

Yami: *stuttering* S-s-sor-r-y. I-I-I- d-d-id-n't mean t-to of-fend you.

Meira: *sigh* Well, I can't discontinue this Fic… but GLTB was upset that I put her as Bakura's sister in a past life. She does hate Bakura… I suppose that counts as Saéka torture.

Yami: And I thought that you were a Kai torturer…

Meira: I'm a Yami torturer!

Yami: Please read and review before Meira decides to kill me off…

Meira: I won't kill you off.

Yami: Phew…

Meira: Who would I torture if I cut you off?

Yami: o_o And as for those people who have something against the name Anisa, it took Meira half an hour to come up with that name…

Meira: I was watching Yu-Gi-Oh when I was looking for a name…

Oh, and to clear up some stuff… Yami's dad killed ninety nine out of the one hundred people in Bakura's village, to create the Millennium Items. Bakura was the only one that survived. Does anybody remember the name of the village? I can't remember… and my reference stuff doesn't have it in there… and I'm only allowed