Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Double Identity ❯ Promise ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Meira: You know how easy it woud be to write this fic if you people would just review?

Yami: Yeah… it keeps her morale up.

Meira: -_-` Well… it also helps me decide what to do next in the story.

I've decided to skip the rest of season two and season three. If I decide to change it… I guess I'll write an alternate ending.

Yami: … Meira doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh, Kai Hiwatari, Saéka Mizuki, or Riruka Takahashi. And no, she did not come up with these names.

Meira: Yup. I suck at names! ^-^

Yami: How can you say that with a smile?

Meira: I just can!

Yami: *anime fall*

Meira: And yes, I do have writer's block again… let's see if I can get through this chapter without screwing up. I had an almost perfect ending for the last chapter… and now I can't find a good place to pick up where I left off! *sniffle*

Yami: *sigh* Just write…

Meira: …

Mind Link:

<Yugi to Yami>

<<Yami to Yugi>>

// Thoughts //)

~~Saéka's POV~~

"Destroy her Dark Magician Girl (2000/1700)!" Marik shouted, pointing at my Magician.

"Mirror Force!" I countered, destroying his monster.

Marik's life points dropped down to 1000. [Meira: I didn't want to go throughout the entire duel. I'll just highlight some of the important parts.]

"And now, I sacrifice my Water Pon (300/200) and my Mystical Elf (800/2000) to bring out my Wingweaver!" I smirked. "How will you stand against my Magician and my strongest monster?"

Marik laughed.

"What's so funny?" I shot at him.

"You've fallen straight into my trap!" Marik smirked. "I play the magical `Card Exchange!' This card allows me to take one of your cards, and you get to take one of mine."

"Fine with me," I laughed. "I would have guessed that a `Rare Hunter' would have better cards than that."

"I normally don't use cards like that," Marik sneered. "But I know that you have Ra in your hand."

I glanced down. Oh my god. The Winged Dragon of Ra was in my hand!

"I choose Ra," Marik smirked.

I couldn't do anything legally to stop that… I took a look at his hand.

THESE WERE ALL WEAK MONSTERS!

"I'll take the Vindictive Magician, (450/600)" I muttered. Wait… this card had a special effect! It reminded me of the Man Eater Bug (450/600).

"Like that could do anything," Marik sneered. "You'll never win!"

"You just watch," I laughed.

"First, I play a monster face down in defense mode," I said, "Now, Dark Magician Girl, attack his Magician of Faith (300/400) now!"

Marik burst out laughing. Maniacal… almost like Leila's laugh.

"You just fell right into my trap!" he yelled. "This duel is over!"

~~Yugi's POV~~

"Leila!" Yami called. "Your time has come!"

"As if, Pharaoh!" Leila sneered.

I glanced back over at Kai. He really didn't seem to be taking this too well…

"I sacrifice my two remaining monsters to summon my Dark Magician (2500/2300)!" Yami snapped. "And now, I play Live Shaver! This card brings down your monster's attack points by 2000!"

"Damn…" Leila cursed.

"Dark Magician! Attack her Magician of Black Chaos!"

Leila's life points dropped down to zero.

"Pharaoh," she hissed. "You have not seen the last of me!"

She ran.

~~Bakura's POV~~

I turned around. I could have sworn that I had heard something…

I heard somebody step behind him. I heard a small gasp.

Before I could turn around, somebody flung theirself at me.

"Bakura!" a voice sobbed, clinging to me.

It sounded familiar…

"Anisa?" I asked, my voice sounding hoarse. Why was I acting so nervous? She didn't have a Millennium item. She wouldn't have been able to come back.

But that Saéka girl had looked an awful lot like my sister…

"Bakura…" the voice whimpered. "I thought that I'd never see you again!"

I detached the girl from me and turned around. There… in modern day clothes… was Anisa.

"Anisa!" I cried, hugging her as tightly as I could.

It was her… my sister.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. "I'm sorry I turned against you millennia ago. I tried to get revenge…"

I knew that it was my sister now. Only she would go so far as to get revenge.

And her tactics were not pretty.

"It's okay…" I whispered, trying to calm her down. She was crying.

I'd only seen her cry once before, and that was when our village was destroyed and our parents gone.

Seeing her cry broke my heart. Before I knew it, tears were running down my own face.

"It's okay…"

"I tried to duel him," she whimpered. "But I… I lost…"

"It's okay," I whispered. My sister was here. It was all going to be fine.

"Do you forgive me for betraying you, millennia ago?"

"I forgive you."

Anisa slumped in my arms.

"Anisa?" I shook her. "Anisa?"

No answer.

"ANISA!"

That was reality… she was gone.

She had probably been playing a Shadow Game. Her type.

You couldn't tell that it was a Shadow Game.

She said that she wanted to get revenge on the Pharaoh…

She'd probably put her soul at stake.

And now… I'd lost my sister forever.

I sank down in that alley, literally sobbing.

~~Kai's POV~~

"Where's Saéka?" I asked, looking around. "Shouldn't she be back?"

"Leila ran off," Yugi replied. [Meira: It's Yugi, not Yami. Just to let you guys know…]

Where was Saéka? She had to be around here somewhere…

~~Yugi's POV~~

I turned toward Yami.

<Do you have any idea where Saéka is?>

<<I don't know. I sensed Leila a little while ago, but I can't sense her now.>>

<Why?>

<<I… I don't think she's here anymore.>>

<What d'you mean?>

<<I don't think she's in this world anymore.>>

<You mean she's dead?>

<<I don't know…>>

<But do you sense Saéka? She should have been around Leila.>

<<No… I don't sense her.>>

//AAH!//

Saéka!

<Saéka… she's in trouble.>

<<What?>>

<She's in trouble… I don't know how I know… I just know that she's in trouble!>

<<Where is she?>>

<… Domino… Domino Harbor…>

<<How do you know?>>

<I don't know… but saving Saéka's the important thing right now!>

<<You're right.>>

"Saéka's at Domino Harbor," I said. Kai stopped in his tracks and swiveled around.

"Where?" he asked, running over to me. "Where's Saéka?"

"Domino Harbor," I repeated.

Without another word, Kai turned around and ran in that direction.

"Guys, c'mon!" I yelled, motioning for them to follow him.

~~Kai's POV~~

Saéka… she was at Domino Harbor. She was going to be okay.

I ran farther. Where was she?

"SAÉKA!" I yelled.

No answer.

There… I spotted her, lying on the ground.

Her duel monsters cards were lying around her, like she had been dueling.

But that was strange… Saéka was one of the best duelists that I knew.

Leila couldn't have disappeared, and then Saéka couldn't have dueled anybody in that period of time.

I bent down and shook her slightly.

"Saéka," I whispered. "Get up."

She didn't move.

"Saéka?" I asked, beginning to become worried.

I picked up her cards.

Wingweaver.

Saéka wouldn't just leave her cards around like this… it just wasn't her.

But what if-

No! It couldn't be!

I picked up her cards and flipped through them.

The Winged Dragon of Ra was gone.

"Kai!" I heard Yugi yell. I turned around. "What's wrong with Saéka?"

"I'm not sure…" I mumbled, not really willing to give them my assumption.

Téa looked at Saéka. "Ken…" she said, in her annoying voice. "You know, maybe Saéka would be better if you just didn't overreact all the time. I mean-"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?" I roared, standing up. "HOW COULD YOU BE LIKE THIS? SAÉKA IS HURT, AND THE WINGED DRAGON OF RA IS GONE! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? IT MEANS THAT HER ENEMY PREVAILED!"

"The Winged Dragon of Ra?" Joey asked, sounding confused. "What's that?"

Judging by the looks on their faces, Joey and Tristan didn't know what that was.

But Yugi and Téa certainly did.

"Saéka had Ra?" Yugi asked.

I nodded.

"Well, then why didn't she give that card to Yugi?" Téa asked, sounding haughty, like Saéka was nothing but trash.

"She has her reasons," Yugi replied.

Téa's face darkened.

Yugi went over to Saéka and shook her gently.

His eyes slid out of focus for a minute, and then he turned up to me, his face grave.

"Saéka's mind is in the Shadow Realm."

~~Yugi's POV~~

<Do you sense anything?>

<<I sense nothing… I feel like there is not much inside her.>>

<But what does that mean?>

<<It means that her mind has been sent to the Shadow Realm.>>

I shook my head.

<But what did that have to do with Ra?>

<<It was probably Marik… don't you remember that he said that he was going to go after the third Egyptian God? He only had Slifer, then we won it.>>
<So he went after Saéka?>

I was shocked… I never thought that Marik could be this harsh.

Then again… it was Marik.

<<I'm afraid so. You'd better tell Kai, he seems like he's in shock.>>

I turned toward Kai.

"Saéka's mind is in the Shadow Realm."

Kai's reaction was worse than I expected.

His face changed colors faster than I thought they could.

~~Kai's POV~~

I sat there, sitting next to Saéka.

She was here in the hospital, just laying there in a hospital bed. Yugi and everybody else had already left. It was late.

Riruka had been here. She had stayed for a long time, but she had left too.

I was the only one left here.

"Sir," a nurse came to the door. "Visiting hours are over."

"I can't leave," I whispered.

"But-" the nurse protested. "With all due respect, I really must insist you leave."

"I'm the only family she has left," I said, tears coming to my eyes.

The nurse shook her head. "Only immediate family members may stay."

"Just ten more minutes," I pleaded.

The nurse nodded.

I wondered if she let me stay because I was crying.

"Saéka…" I whispered. "Yugi promised that he'd get your mind back. He's going to the Battle City Finals."

Tears ran down my face.

"I'll get revenge," I whispered. "I promise."

(Meira: Ugh… I don't like this chapter much… I wanted to do a lot more with it, but I just couldn't. My parents are just so terrible with this type of thing, that they've limited my time on the computer, so that the time they give me, it's not even enough time to write half a chapter.

Yami: … Well, all of you who want her to keep on writing, and update soon, then please review! That way Meira doesn't have to promise somebody that she'll work on this, and update soon.

Meira: You didn't need to tell them that…

Yami: Yes I did! There's something else too. Somebody-

Meira: SHUT UP!!!

Yami: -_-

Bakura: *walks… scratch that… storms into room* SEEING HER CRY BROKE MY HEART?! THEN YOU MADE ME CRY?! YOU SO NEED A TRIP TO THE SHADOW REALM!

Meira: C'mon… It's fun to make characters ooc… especially the Tomb Robber!

Bakura: You and the Pharaoh shut up…

Meira: Gladly. *turns back toward computer*

Bakura and Yami: *anime fall*

Meira: Ah well… you'll just have to wait for the next chapter to see what happens to Saéka. BWAHAHAHA!!! I LOVE BEING EVIL!

Yami and Bakura: *anime fall*

Bakura: You just had to be beyond cruel and do that to Saéka, didn't you?

Yami: Is this how you treat your friends?

Meira: No, I don't treat my friends that way. I just wanted to skip the Virtual Reality World and the Battle City Finals, and this was the easiest way. THAT WAY I CAN HAVE MORE YAMI AND BAKURA TORTURE!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yami and Bakura: *anime fall*)