Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Double Sword ❯ Meet the Agents ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Well here's my Anzu friendly fic. I hope you don't become confused.

"Hey Yugi," a voice called out to his best friend. "What do you say we hit the arcade?"

"I don't know, Joey," the mentioned person said uneasily. His foot tapping restlessly on the side walk as they waited for their other friends to come out from their last class and grab their homework from their locker. "Tomorrow is a school day and we have an assignment due."

"Yeah, but it's only simple math," Joey said, waving his hand carelessly almost hitting his other best friend in the process.

"Careful there, Joey," the new comer growled lightly. Although with his hair style, he certainly could poke someone's eye out.

"Hey Honda," Joey laughed nervously. "Didn't see you come up there, buddy."

"So what are you three planning?" Tea came up behind him.

"We're going to the arcade!" Joey chirped and pumped his fist in the air.

"Cool, I want to see if I can win that cute plushie I saw there last time," Tea beamed with joy. "I know with everyone's help, I can get it. Now if you guys just stand around the machine…….. Is anyone even listening to me?"

"Sorry, Tea were you saying something?" Yugi asked polite, even though he knew he was going to receive an earful from her and that was what happened before Marik and Ryou saved him.

"Ready to hit the arcade?" Marik asked, his violet eyes fell on two people out of their group.

"What's up with you people? Don't you know our education is more important?" Yugi said exasperated that his friends could only think of games at the moment. He received blank stares in response. "Never mind. I guess an hour wouldn't hurt."

"That's the spirit," Marik gave him a friendly pat on the back. "Race you there!" With that the Egyptian blonde took off. Not far behind him Joey ran as fast as he could with Tea a step behind them.

"Wait up you guys!" Yugi called out but they had disappeared around the corner.

"Some of us aren't athletic," Ryou sighed. Suddenly, the ground seemed very interesting. That or his shoes were.

The three teens raced into the arcade and quickly headed towards a corner of the area. Tea pressed the button and the screen display not the usual game that it had originally said, but a picture of a man appeared.

"Any leads yet?" He looked at his top three agents.

"Not yet," `Tea' sighed softly. "We're working on it, but teenage life is different here than from France. I seriously don't know what to expect from them."

"No kidding," `Joey' agreed with her. "Americans and Japans have two different cultures; it's hard to adjust to the other."

"What about Egypt," `Marik' added his information. "I have been trailing Otogi, but he's clean. Well, he has had some trouble in the past with parking fines and a couple of speeding tickets. That's nothing out of the ordinary."

"Too true, Malik," `Tea' giggled. "I know a certain blonde, who shall remain nameless, Jou." She coughed in order to prevent the name from being recognized.

"Anzu, you really don't want to push my buttons," Jou growled lightly at her.

Their boss watched on with amusement. As much fun as he was having, he had to put a stop to it. The fate of Japan, no the entire world was depending on this mission. "If you children are finished………" His three agents settled down. "As I was saying, now that we definitely know that Otogi is clean, we should focus our surveillance on Maximillion Pegasus and Seto Kaiba. They own the top two companies and are huge fans of duel monsters."

"So do you want me to tail this Peggy guy?" Jou asked, hoping that he wouldn't get the snobby Seto Kaiba. It was a known fact those two were rivals, though the blonde never knew why they were in the first place.

"No, I want you to tail Kaiba," the boss said. He tried to remain calm, especially after Jou's sudden outburst.

"What do you mean I have work on his case?!?" Suddenly a slim hand thwacked him on the back of his head.

"Be quiet Jou," she hissed near his ear. "Other people might hear you."

"Or we'll go deaf," Malik said, holding his ears and praying that he still could hear without a hearing aid. He took his hands off and he was still able to hear the noise coming from the rest of the arcade.

"So you want me to go after Peggy?" Anzu inquired, silently hoping that she wouldn't end up with the pervert.

"Yes," She nearly fainted from his response. "I would like you to keep an eye on him, because for one, he's holding an audition for dancers and singers. I don't know why, but it must be connected to the fact his wife died five years ago approximately this time."

"Creepy if you ask me," Jou shivered at the thought. "Go on."

"Since you happen to be one of the more professional dancer out of this lot," he received two deadly glares from the blondes, "your application has been sent and don't worry about the processing fee. We have taken care of that."

"Gee thanks," Anzu scowled; her voice dripping with sarcasm. "I really wanted that job."

"We all know you do," Malik nudged her ribs, which earned him a death glare. "What am I supposed to do?"

"Keep your yami in check," their boss sighed yet another one. The last time they were on a case, Marik (the yami) had nearly given away their identities. The boss had to literally lock up the Egyptian spirit in order to prevent him from tagging along on a mission. "Also, I need you all to gather information on Motou Yugi and Bakura Ryou. It seems fate has dealt her hands and given them two millennium items."

"I already know that," Malik huffed. He knew that ever since he first laid eyes on the two of them. Yugi had the sennen puzzle while Ryou had the sennen ring. "They have the puzzle and the ring."

"What difference does it make anyways?" Jou asked, being the dense blonde that he was. That doesn't necessarily meant he was stupid. It took him a bit longer to understand things.

"We believe the puzzle to hold the spirit of the pharaoh and the ring to hold a tomb robber," the boss explained it to them. "Malik, it's your job to keep an eye on the puzzle holder, because we need to guard the spirit of the pharaoh. Whoever wants the items, will no doubt be seeking his spirit as well."

"So now that it's settled…………." He didn't get to finish that last line, because `Tea' disconnected their link and shoved `Joey' into the seat. `Marik' watched with amusement as they scrambled to get into position so that it looked as if the American was playing the game and not the French dancer.

"You're too slow," `Marik' chuckled at how exhausted they were.

"That's easy for you to say," Ryou panted. He leaned against a nearby machine for support. "You grew up in the desert!"

"Come to think of it yeah," `Marik' chuckled before laughing. Ryou frowned at it him before understanding and joining him with laughter. Yugi would have joined his two friends, but he was out of breath so he settled for a huge smile.

"So how's he fairing?" Honda asked, peering over everyone's shoulders.

"This is his second attempt," `Tea' said to annoy the American blonde.

"Shut up."

"Is that a challenge?" `Tea' mocked him.

Soon `Joey' was chasing the brunette all around the arcade, shouting at her and yelling death threats. For the others, they thought she was going through that time of month again, but for the three it was their warm up for their training later that night.

Wingzero: If you haven't guess it, Malik, Jou, and Anzu are all secret agents. Their code names are Marik, Joey, and Tea. I dunno if anyone wants me to continue this fic so I'm leaving this as a teaser.

Couples:

Yami/Yugi

Bakura/Ryou

Marik/Malik (Code name: Marik) Confusing, eh? Basically he uses his yami's name.

Seto/Jou (Code name: Joey)

Honda/Shizuka (Code name: Serenity)

OC/Anzu (Code name: Tea)

Shadi/Isis (Code name: Ishuzu)

Wingzero: If anyone asks me to pair Anzu with anyone of these guys, I'll turn her into a spy against the other two.