Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragoons ❯ In Which Seto Eventually Learns Too Let His Guard Down ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello minna! Guess what I Got my first paycheck today! (dancing around) I was so happy that decided to write some more of this story.

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the video games used.

>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.&l t;.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.&g t;.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.&l t;

----------------

Next Morning - Kaiba Mansion

----------------

"BYE SETO! BYE JOU! Have fun and don't kill each other!" Yelled Mokuba as he left for school. Leaving Jou and Seto alone together in the mansion. "I'm going to do some work. Try not to break any thing koryuu." Jou glared at Kaiba's retreating back, trying very hard not to blast him with a fire ball, not knowing that the each of his eyes had turned red. Before wandering off to the game room.

----------------

Kaiba's Workroom - 10:06 a.m.

----------------

There! I finally fixed the code that idiot broke. How could anyone screw things up that badly? Kaiba sighed totally bored. He started flicking through the security camera channels. Eventually stopped when he found Jou sitting in the game room playing an old Sega Genesis. Now what could he be playing? Maybe I'll go down and torment him or something. Maybe I should go practice flying...later. And with that Seto wandered out of his workroom.

----------------

Game Room

----------------

Jou is sitting in front of the TV oblivious to every thing as he tries to clear a level of an old Sega game call 'Sonic the Hedgehog 2'. "Come on...you can do it...almost there...YES! Level Passed!" Jou jumped around waving his arms and lashing his tail. Seto just avoided getting his legs smacked by said tail. "HEY! Watch it!" Jou turned round in surprise. "Sorry Kaiba. Didn't see ya there." Seto tried very hard not to blast Jou or punch him. "Mind telling me why you're flailing around like an idiot." "I beat the entire game in a few hours." He managed to say it with out fidgeting at all and looking Seto straight in the eye. "Never mind. I'm going flying before I completely stress out." Jou's face lit up. "Cool I think I'll do the same." "Just don't get in my way."

----------------

The Random Room (Now the flying room)

----------------

Seto is doing dives and blasting targets with his lighting attack. Jou was flying for a while but he is currently perched on one of the rafters watching Seto blow things to smithereens and looking lost in thought.

.oOOo.

It's fun to fly. That feeling you get of freedom. It's also kinda nice that I can do something around Kaiba without getting into an argument. Jou paused in his musings to watch Seto pull of a dangerous maneuver. I guess that technically we're friends but we fight so much that you can't tell. I don't think that Seto wants to be friends with any one. Why am I thinking about him so much? Jou shook his head then sighed. I wonder who cast that spell on us and why. I can see someone having a grudge against Kaiba but why me? Was it just a coincident? Just because I was there? Jou let out a frustrated cry that was some where between a dragon roar and yell.

.oOOo.

Seto was so startled by the noise that Jou made, partially because Jou had been quiet for several minutes and partially because the noise sounded so odd, that he had to back wing hard and fly up to avoid the target that he had been going for. He flew up and landed on the rafter that the blonde was sitting on. He leaned against the wall and glared at Jou. "Care to share what caused the outburst?" Jou just glared at Kaiba as if blaming him for something then flew to the door and walked out.

-.oOOo.-

What's his problem? Looked like he was accusing me of something. Maybe he's blaming me for the mess we're in. Kaiba snorted and shook his head. No. Why would he do that? He's not stupid no matter what I may say. Maybe he thinks someone was after me and thinks that he was involved by accident. Kaiba replayed the last scene in his head. He's awful cute when he glares. Wait did I just think that? Sigh. Maybe I should go and see if he's alright and make sure he doesn't do anything he'll regret. And so Kaiba followed Jou out of the room.

-.oOOo.-

Seto didn't have to go far to find Jou seeing as he was standing with his back to the Flying Room door with his head resting against the wall. The small crater next to him indicated that he had taken some of his frustrations out on the wall. He didn't even say anything when Seto opened the door. Seto sighed softly before leaning against the wall next to the handsome blond. "So Jou would you like to share what's on your mind?" Jou growled then sighed. "Why do you even hang out with us Seto? By the way you act it seems like you don't want any friends." Seto thought about it. Well what do you know he's right. But not entirely. "I do want friends it's just that I'm still learning to put my guard down." Jou turned his head slightly so he could see Seto out of the corner of one eye. "Well then why do you always put me down?" Seto dwelled on this for a minute. "Probably because you never acted like I was someone to be respected and because you were always talking like you were someone really tough and important. At the time I thought that it was stupid and childish... kind of like a pup trying to make you think he's someone." Jou sighed and turned his head away. "So why do you still insult me? I've been trying to be nicer."

"Well Mr. Red Eyes, I think it was because it was habit and you still did remind me of a cocky puppy." Jou gave Seto a look before turning around to lean his back against the wall. "Well Mr. Blue Eyes, how about instead of fighting we work on that superiority complex of yours." Seto glared at Jou. "I do not have a superiority complex!" Jou rolled his eyes as if to say 'Yeah whatever.' "But I guess I could try to act a little nicer." Jou grinned showing his now really sharp canines. "Alright I think I know a way we could start." And with that the good-looking brunet was dragged down to the Game Room where Jou was earlier.

-------------------

Kaiba Mansion - 3:45 p.m.

-------------------

Mokuba entered and found that every thing was still standing. He dumped his stuff in his room. Then glanced in Seto and Jou's rooms only to find them empty. He headed for the Game Room to see if Jou was there and wondered where his brother, who was usually on his computer, could be. But when he got to the GR he got quite a surprise.

"HA! Take that Katsuya!" "Don't act so high an' mighty Kaiba! You still couldn't beat me at DOA no matter how hard you try!" "O yeah? Well why don't we try again with a newer version and see how good you do!" Yelled Seto holding up DOA 3. "Your on." Mokuba grinned sat quietly. He hadn't seen Seto like this since the orphanage. He had to see this. And the two arguing ryuujins selected their fighters. Jou picked Ein and used the costume with leather pants, gloves, and metal cuffs with chains dangling from them. Seto went with Haiyabusa< is that right? I hope so> and used the default costume. They ended up fighting in the Dragon Shrine which Mokuba thought was ironic. The first few battles were quick. It was tied at four a piece and they were both pulling of all kinds of moves in an attempt to win. It looked like Kaiba was going to win but Jou dodged at the last minute and pulled of some move with the chains that depleted the small amount of life the Kaiba had left. "Great" the game declared as Jou jumped up and started dancing around. "O yeah! Who da man? Haha. I told you that you couldn't beat me at DOA Seto you should have listened!" Jou said the last bit in a sing song voice. Seto growled and jumped up. "O yeah?! Well..." What ever else Seto was going to say was cut off by someone laughing. He and Jou looked around to find Mokuba laughing at them as if it was the funniest thing he had seen in his life. "WHAT'S FUNNY?!" Demanded the standing pair. "You... you... you two are... you sound... like your.... eight years old" Mokuba said between peals of laughter. Seto looked glared slightly and Jou cried, "What?!" Finally Mokuba got his laughing under control. "Well I thought it was funny that I came home and was worried that you two were fighting to find that you were fighting but with video games and acting like your best friends that's all." Seto and Jou exchanged a look before shrugging it off.

Yugi showed up later on to drop off Jou and Seto's homework but didn't stay saying something about helping his grandfather. And so the rest of the day passed in peace... except for Jou's colorful opinion of the homework and the teacher that had assigned it.

T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T .T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T

That's all for now.

R&R