Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragoons ❯ In Which the Culprit is Confronted and Things go Back to Normal ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8 In Which The Culprit Is Confronted And Things Go Back To Normal…Almost
 
“What do you mean by `now we know what he was up to last week?'” demanded Seto.
 
Celty continued to smirk, “Come with us, High Priest, and we'll introduce you.”.
 
“I am not the High Priest!” shouted Seto but Jou stuck a wing in front of him, “Alright, we'll fallow you two.”
 
They all set of into the forest and after a few minutes came to a fairly large house. It was obviously designed to hold a lot of people but the only Harpies Brother was there.
 
“Hey, HB! You know where Chaos is?” Dark shouted up at him.
 
“Yeah, he's in the study. What's with the tour group?” he asked.
 
“Chaos is being true to his name. See ya.”
 
Everyone followed Celty and Dark into the house, up two flights of stair, down a hall, and into a large room full of books, several desks, and chairs.
 
“Chaos you've been causing problems again!”
 
“And how would you know that?” he asked innocently.
 
“Because Dark and I have the proof right here.” Celty smirked.
 
The dark haired monster at the table sat bolt upright and started to laugh nervously as he finally turned to face everyone.
 
“I assume you can do something about this because if you can't I get the distinct impression that they'll try to beat the shit out of you.” Dark said in a flat voice.
 
Chaos scratched the back of his head nervously, “Well actually it can only be made so that it stops half way through the transformation.”
 
“WHAT?!!!!” Jou, who had been scratching again, roared loud enough to shake the ceiling.
 
“its better then not being able to do anything at all right?” Chaos asked nervously.
 
“Possibly but tell me two thing.”
 
“Ok.”
 
“What is half way and why in the hell does my back itch so much?”
 
Chaos's eyes gleamed with interest, “Well I think half way is some where after your feet start to become some what draconic, which is after the scales start to grow, and the itching probably means…”
 
“I'm growing scales?!” Jou hastily pulled of his shirt and turned trying to see if he was, “Am I growing scales?!” the note of distress was obvious.
 
“You are and if you are then that means I am to.” Seto stated in his coldest voice as electricity began to dance around his hands.
 
“Please don't use your lightning High Priest; you'll set the books on fire.” Seto glared at Dark for calling him High Priest again and let his nails transform into claws.
 
Jou was ahead of him and had rushed forward ready to attack Chaos's throat. He stopped just short and stared into glared straight into Chaos's eye with his flaming red eyes, “You had better be telling the truth for your sake.” He whispered in a low, deadly tone.
 
Chaos swallowed, “I'm telling the truth and there is as spell that allows you to hide your draconic appendages with a thought.”
 
Jou let him up and stalked back over to where Seto and the others were standing. Chaos stood and grabbed a book of the table he had been sitting at, “If you two would go stand in the cleared area over there I can cast both spells on you now.”
 
The two dragons did as he asked and waited for him to get on with it. Chaos nodded and started chanting in an odd language. Seto and Jou felt almost as if they were experiencing the explosion in reverse. The wind rushed towards them from behind and as suddenly as it started it ended.
 
“That will stop your transformations half way.” Chaos told them be fore he started chanting again.
 
Suddenly their dragon parts felt very weird, as if they were being made into hot wax and a shock ran up their spines before it stopped.
 
“There! That should do it. Try concentrating on retracting your dragon parts like you do with your talons.” Chaos suggested.
 
They did so. They got the oddest feeling as it felt like all their dragon parts where turning to wax and melting into their skin. Jou opened his eyes an glanced at Seto. He was a normal human. He glanced at the others with a quisling look. They nodded, Jou looked human. Jou yelled happily and hugged Seto. Seto was surprised but hugged him back. When their minds caught up with their bodies they both blushed and pulled apart really fast.
 
Most of the group laughed at this display. Most were just happy that all the trouble was over with.
 
Seto glared at the group, still blushing, “We can still blast you; you do realize.” Jou just stared at the ground blushing. The group grinned at them before turning to Chaos. “I do hope that you won't try anything like this again.” Yami said in his Pharaoh voice.
 
“Yes, because if you do there will be consequences got that?” Seto added in his cold business voice.
 
Chaos nodded hastily to assure them that he wouldn't try to pull any thing. Beside the first time had created enough problems for him then he cared to repeat any time soon.
 
“Well then, is everyone ready to go?” came Shadi's voice from behind the crowd.
 
Everyone jumped because Shadi had once again appeared with out a sound as he was apt to do. The gang nodded and the room began to fade. As it did Jou heard Dark and Celty start reprimanding Chaos and threatening may things before they disappeared completely.
 
When they arrived back in the human world they were in Kaiba's driveway right next to Ishizu's van.
 
Ishizu leaned out the driver's side window. “I assume that it was a success. So why don't all of you climb in and I'll get you home” Yugi, Yami, Ryou, Bakura, Malik, and Marik piled into the car.
 
“You want a ride Jou or are you going to get yourself home?” Ishizu asked him politely.
 
“I'll get myself home but where are Otogi, Honda, Anzu and Mokuba?”
 
“Mokuba is inside the mansion and I already took the other three home.” She smiled and waved at them before she started the engine and drove off. Shadi had disappeared during the conversation.
 
Jou turned to Kaiba, “So…I guess I'll just be getting my clothes and heading home.”
 
“You can stay the night if you want to.” Seto assured him.
 
Jou blushed slightly, “Well, there was something I had wanted to tell you and, um, I hope you don't change your mind.”
 
“What is it?” Seto asked a bit nervously.
 
“Well, the thing is, I, um…”
 
“Spit it out Jou.”
 
Jou took a deep breath and said, “I, well, I think… I think I love you!” he blushed even harder and turned away from Kaiba.
 
Seto was surprised. He hadn't been expecting that. He was happy because he knew that he love Jou too. He couldn't deny it with the kind of thoughts and feelings he'd been having. He was snapped out of his thinking by a quite sniff. He realized that Jou was shaking and crying.
 
Jou was sure that Seto was going to yell at him to get out of his sight. He had confessed and was probably going to be shot down. He sniffed and his body started to shake. He felt tears start to run down his cheeks. He wanted to run away and hide somewhere far away.
 
Just before he could bolt a pair of strong arms wrapped around his waist.
 
“Don't cry because of me. I don't like to see you sad.”
 
“Why?” Jou asked hopefully.
 
“Because my little dragon, I love you too.”
 
Jou couldn't believe it. He was so happy. He turned to face Seto as their wings and tails reemerged. Jou wrapped his tail around Seto's and Seto enclosed them both in his wings. He leaned down and placed a chaste kiss on Jou's lips. Jou happily returned it.