Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Deck ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Duel Deck: Deck VI

Card 39: Diaries

The brown haired girl ran as fast as she could, holding the reason of her misery in her arms. Who would have thought that the little pink book she carried was the cause of her sorrows. Ignoring the fact that it was a cold lonely night and she shouldn't be there so late, especially since she had a dancing audition the next day, Tea ran to the Domino city park and let her self fall into a sitting position under a tree resting her back on it. She opened the small pink book, her diary, and read from a page in the middle.

"Dear Diary: Writing approximately three entries per week, I think I will reach this page in about five months. By that time I would have earned at least one role in a musical or something and if I have not accomplished that by then, I'll quit dancing. It's not like I can show up in a dance school in New York without some experience, I need to have the resume of a star! Love, Tea"

As she opened her diary to write about her thoughts and emotions, instead of finding a blank page, she found that message. She hasn't had a lot of time to write in her diary so it has been seven months instead of five and she still hasn't earned a role in anything. The truth was she had not gone to many auditions, but those that she had gone to didn't choose her, thinking she was just some inexperienced kid pretending to be a star. Well how was she supposed to gain experience if she was never given the chance in a minor role?

"Am I just pretending I can do this? Maybe I should quit." It wasn't just a simple message written in a book, it was the realization that she wasn't moving forward. What would she do after she finished school? Would she really be able to make a living from dancing? "Send me a sign!" Tea looked up at the star filled skies.

Some movement in the near by bushes pushed her thoughts away and she became alert. She quickly got up, holding her diary as if she was ready to hit someone with it. She shouldn't have come to the park, it was so lonely, cold, quiet and dark, there could be a thief or something hiding here. The person in the bushes finally made his way out. It wasn't clear who he was due to the darkness, so Tea threw her diary at the stranger, hitting him flat on the face and ran away, only to trip after getting a mere few feet away over a tree's over sized roots, which were sticking out of the ground.

Tea quickly got up to run away again, but the stranger grabbed her arm. "Let me go! Ow!" She rubbed her head where he had hit her with her own diary.

"Stupid girl, throwing your stupid book, you don't like it when you're in the receiving end, do you?" Bakura threw the diary into her hands and walked away to sit down under the tree where she had been sitting before. Tea just stood there for a few seconds, staring at him confused, until he looked up with a glare. "Weren't you leaving?"

"You don't own the park!" Tea returned the glare. "What are you doing here?"

"I should ask you the same question, but I'm not as nosy." Bakura looked away.

"Speaking of noses, how is yours?" Tea leaning over to see his nose.

"My nose is fine, stupid girl!" Bakura hissed.

Tea didn't know why, but suddenly felt so curious about him. "I know you're not Ryou, you're the spirit of the Millennium Ring."

"Not that I'm pretending to be Ryou." Bakura was clearly annoyed by Tea presence and was sending a clear 'go away' message, but she decided to ignore it. She spotted a black book on his lap and wondered what it could be. The book had no title; it looked more like one of those books with blank pages for people to write on, like a diary. She sighted remembering why she had ran to the park in the first place. "Weren't you leaving?" He asked again.

"I'll leave if you tell me what that is," Tea pointed to the black book on his lap.

Bakura held the book against his chest protectively, as if he was afraid she would try to take it and run away with it. "It's none of your business! Go away before I kill you!"

"I know you won't kill me Bakura, I know for a fact that you are not as bad as you used to be, but it looks like you still have a lot to learn." Tea turned to leave, but Bakura stopped her.

"What did he tell you?" Bakura demanded to know, he grabbed her arm. "Tell me what Ryou told you!"

"Let go," Tea tried to break free. "Bakura, it hurts, let go!"

Bakura let her go, but his glare alone warned her not to try to run off without answering his question. "I need to know what Ryou said."

Knowing what Ryou had said appeared to be very important to Bakura so Tea decided to tell him. She walked over to the tree again and sat down, sensing that this conversation would be longer than expected. Bakura sat down as well, waiting impatiently for the information he wanted to hear. "He said that even if sometimes you're a little mean to him, he knows you've been trying to be nicer. He said you changed for the better and that he appreciates it very much," Tea revealed.

"But we're still not as close and trusting as the pharaoh and his hikari. Did Ryou mention them?" Bakura didn't look at her, instead looking at the black book he held.

"No, he didn't say anything about Yugi or Yami." Tea couldn't help it but to stare at the black book curiously.

"You really want to know what it is..." Bakura opened it on a certain page. "Turn the page and you're dead, read only from where it's open."

Tea received the book and read. "By the time I get to this page Ryou and I will be like the pharaoh and his hikari. I started writing this thing after I decided to try and start over and be nicer to Ryou. I know he'll forgive me, he already has, but I won't feel like I've earned his forgiveness until I earn his trust." Tea looked thoughtful for a moment then gave Bakura her own diary, "read this page."

Bakura read it, "so we both set certain dates for something and then the date came and it hasn't happened, it's just a coincidence." He handing her diary back and took his own.

"Maybe it is just a coincidence, but you know what? Ryou thinks of you a lot, he wishes to include you more when all of us go out as a group, but you never want to come. Why is that?" Tea asked.

"I don't go where I'm not wanted," Bakura replied.

"It's not like that. Everyone is willing to welcome you if you came. Next time we do something together, why don't you come along? I'm sure Ryou will invite you, why not accept his invitation next time? You shouldn't be so upset, you're a lot closer to your goal than you think. Just look at you, we've been talking here for a while and I'm not in the Shadow Realm yet, that's definitely a good sign." Tea sounded more cheerful now.

"Yet? So you really are expecting me to send you to the Shadow Realm some time in the near future?" Bakura grinned. "If that's the case, I wouldn't mind at all."

Tea shook her head nervously, "that's not what I meant!"

Bakura got up to leave. "It's late, I think I heard Ryou mention something about you having an audition. He also said he the pharaoh and his friends where going to Kaiba Land on Saturday."

"Are you going?" Tea inquired.

"Maybe," Bakura walked away.

"I'll see you then Bakura," Tea waved goodbye and began to walk home. The spirit of the Millennium Ring, a tomb robber from Ancient Egypt, he had changed so much. All this time Ryou had not given up on him. Tea smiled, she wouldn't give up either. She looked up at the star filled skies again, "I guess I got my sign, thanks."

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Card 40: Fan Girl Catcher

Kimo's Point of View

When people hear the words fan girl catcher they immediately think of a bishonen. When I tell them I am a fan girl catcher, they laugh at my less than bishieful face. Even so, the truth is that I am a fan girl catcher; I'm the one that catches the annoying fan girls and locks them up in the fan girl dungeon so they stop bothering the bishonen until a sane family member comes to escort them home. It's not an easy job and it's not always fun, but it's my job and I do it well.

It appears that Domino City turned out to be the bishonen's favorite place to live, just like Hollywood is the favorite place for actors and actresses to live. It was in this city where I, the first fan girl catcher, came to be. My name is Kimo, ex employee of Maximillion Pegasus, now employed by Seto Kaiba. My job is to defend all bishonen, specially my boss, from insane, rabid fan girls.

After the entire Duelist Kingdom thing, Pegasus fired me and I was left jobless for a while, until this job became available. Of course something had to happen for the idea to take place. I still remember walking down the street one afternoon when I saw four guys running in my direction completely panicked. One of them was Seto Kaiba, the other was Yugi Moto, there was a white haired guy who's name I can't remember, but I'm sure I've seen him before, possibly in Duelist Kingdom and there was a blond.

The guys ran pass me, being chased by four rampaging fan girls who bumped into me and fell back. The girls screamed every insult known to the human race, blaming me for letting their precious bishonen escape. Later, Kaiba returned, this time in the safety of his limousine and offered to hire me for a special new job.

Being the fan girl catcher isn't easy and I have many scars to prove it. For now I'm just the fan girl catcher, since there tends to be more fan girls than fan boys, but if need be I'll be the fan boy catcher as well, at least boys don't have sharp colorful claws. Specking of which, I see a girl carrying a Kaiba plushie heading in the general direction of the Kaiba Corporation building. I mentally prepare myself to drag her to the truck and lock her up where she can't hurt anyone and approach. "Excuse me miss, this is a restricted area, if you're here for an autograph or a picture you'll need to show me your pass."

She has long sharp-looking blue nails which I honestly don't want to find on my throat. Maybe it may sound like I'm overly paranoid, but I know from experience that fan girls are far stronger and deadlier than anyone can imagine. I've had a few close calls and ended up in the hospital several times. Even fighting one on one, these girls are dangerous.

She gently pets the top of the plushie's head playing with his hair. "Don't be silly Kimo, I'm allowed to be here. Don't you remember?"

I don't know if she's saying this to lower my guard or if she means it. She looks familiar, but I'm not sure if I've seen her before. I must be alert in case she pulls out a weapon out of no where and tries to use it. I wonder if that plushie is a bomb or if she has a mallet hidden where the laws of physics dictate it shouldn't fit. "I need to see your pass," I insist.

She shakes her head at me as if I'm making a stupid mistake by insisting. "A tag will just have to do," she removes a silver necklace and hands it to me. The necklace has two tags attached, one with her information and one with a picture of Seto Kaiba, this is her pass. I take my little tag scanner from my pocket and scan the tags to make sure they're real and they are. I'm actually relived; I've fought enough crazy girls with sharp claws today and hide many blood stained bandages under my uniform.

Fan girls who have proven that they will not hurt the bishonen have tags, which they are required to carry with them at all times while they are in Domino City. Some fan girls can be quite violent even if they claim to love the bishonen they're trying to kill and but then it occurs to me that the fact still remains that even if the tags are real, they might be stolen. The fan girl who these tags belong to was here a few days ago and this girl isn't her, or is she?

The only thing I find the same are her long blue claws and the plushie, but her hair is different. Of, course how could I miss it, it's just dye, I'm being paranoid, the tags belong to her. I return the tags. "You may go..." In a moment of curiosity I ask before she leaves, "why do girls change the color of their hair so often?"

Hugging her plushie she answers, "because we can." She checks her GPS, modified to track Kaiba no doubt, then she runs off.

This fan girl visits Kaiba often; she won't hurt him, at least not too much. The occasional literally breath taking glomp is inevitable, but Kaiba has never been seriously injured and the girl is good with technology so she helps out at Kaiba Corp. The funny thing is that unlike most fan girls this one has a very bad sense of direction.

We can't fully keep the fan girls away so we give them the chance to visit their favorite bishonen if they behave well. If we tried to keep them away completely they would put up an all out war and the world as we know it may be doomed.

I continue patrolling around the city in my truck full of fan girls. They're so noisy in there, but I don't have to worry because this truck is fan girl proof. The only one that managed to escape was the one named Mary Sue, she had all kinds of strange powers. She's in the most wanted list, or should I say the most unwanted list, at the very top. I was instructed to call for reinforcements if I saw her and a jet armed with Sue seeking missiles would come to my aid.

In conclusion, it's a dangerous job but someone has to do it so it might as well be me, besides Kaiba pays me more than Pegasus used to, so even if I get used as a human punching bag and scratching post by those crazy girls, I'm better off now than when I worked for Pegasus. Don't forget to carry your tags at all times, I'll watching for your own safety and the safety of your loved ones.

End POV

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Card 41: A Thousand Loves and a Broken Heart

One Saturday morning, Mokuba watched his brother worried. Seto had been sitting in front of the computer all morning without resting. He watched the computer and typed as if he was hypnotized by the light of the screen. He had been like this for several weeks now, but it was getting worse. 'If this goes on he will always be obsessed with work and when he's older he'll be a grumpy old man,' the young Kaiba started thinking about his poor brother's lonely future. 'Poor Seto he will die without a single date. I can't let this happen, I shall find the perfect woman for him.' So it was decided, Mokuba was now the official matchmaker.

xoxox xox xoxox

That afternoon, the young Kaiba went in search of all the girls he knew around his brother's age. The first one he saw was Tea Gardner, dancing on a DDR pad at the arcade. When she was done dancing he went to talk to her, "hi Tea!"

"Hi Mokuba! What are you doing over here, playing video games?" Tea smiled cheerfully.

'Téa is really friendly, I'm sure my brother will love her,' Mokuba thought. 'They'll fall in love, they'll get married and I'll be an uncle!' Mokuba smiled thinking about how much fun it would be playing with his many nieces and nephews. "Actually I was looking for you. Seto asked me to ask you something. You see, Seto has been secretly in love with you for some time now, but he's really shy around girls so he asked me to talk to you. Tomorrow we're going on a picnic in the park, I'll be there for a while to give him moral support and then I'll go to Yugi's and leave you two alone for your date," Mokuba smiled innocently.

Tea was completely surprised; she truly didn't know what to say. "Mokuba, I'm sorry but all I really want is to be his friend, okay?"

Mokuba gave her the sad chibi look. "Don't you like my brother? He's smart and handsome and has money, what more can a girl want?"

"I do like him, I just don't like him that way, please try to understand, but I can still be his friend," Tea smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

Mokuba sighed, "It's okay Tea, I understand." So the young Kaiba went in search of another candidate.

Tea watching Mokuba walk away. She had an odd feeling like guilt or pity. 'Maybe Kaiba deserves a chance; I shall teach him about friendship!'

xoxox xox xoxox

The next girl Mokuba saw was Mai Valentine at a jewelry store at the mall, "hi Mai!"

"Hey Mokuba, what are you doing over here?" She really didn't expect to find Mokuba there.

'Mai is really pretty, I'm sure my brother will love her,' Mokuba thought. 'They'll fall in love, they'll get married and I'll be an uncle!' Mokuba smiled thinking about how much fun it would be playing with his many nieces and nephews. 'Here we go, take two!' "Actually, I was looking for you. Seto asked me to ask you something. You see, Seto has been secretly in love with you for some time now, but he's really shy around girls so he asked me to talk to you. Tomorrow we're going on a picnic in the park, I'll be there for a while to give him moral support and then I'll go to Yugi's and leave you two alone for your date," Mokuba smiled innocently again.

Mai was also very surprised. She knew a lot of men were in love with her, but she never thought Kaiba liked her that way too. Furthermore, she was in love with Joey, even if she hasn't told him yet. "Mokuba, I can't. I just don't feel that way, sorry kiddo."

Mokuba gave her the sad chibi look. "Don't you like my brother? He's smart and handsome and has money, what more can a girl want?"

'He does have a point, but I'm not the old jewelry obsessed Mai anymore, now I'm the new Joey obsessed Mai... Did I just think that?' "Mokuba, sweetie, it just doesn't work that way, but we could just be friends, okay?" Mai tried to sound supportive.

Mokuba sighed in defeat once again. "It's okay Mai, I understand," Mokuba left again to continue his search for another candidate.

Mai watched Mokuba walk away. She had an odd feeling like guilt or pity. 'Maybe Kaiba deserves a chance; I could at least make Joey jealous.'

xoxox xox xoxox

Continuing his search, Mokuba visited the Ishtar museum, where he found Ishizu Ishtar, "hi Ishizu!"

"Hello Mokuba, have you come to see the Egyptian artifact exhibition?" Ishizu asked.

'Ishizu is really cool, I'm sure my brother will love her,' Mokuba thought. ,They'll fall in love, they'll get married and I'll be an uncle!, Mokuba smiled thinking about how much fun it would be playing with his many nieces and nephews. 'Here we go, third one's the charm!' "Actually, I was looking for you. Seto asked me to ask you something. You see, Seto has been secretly in love with you for some time now, but he's really shy around girls so he asked me to talk to you. Tomorrow we're going on a picnic in the park, I'll be there for a while to give him moral support and then I'll go to Yugi's and leave you two alone for your date," Mokuba smiled innocently again.

"Oh, dear..." Ishizu certainly didn't expect something like this. "Mokuba, I'm afraid it wouldn't work out, your brother is destined to-"

Mokuba didn't let her finish and gave her the sad chibi look. "Don't you like my brother? He's smart and handsome and has money, what more can a girl want?"

Ishizu shook her head, "I'm sorry, our destinies are not with each other."

Failed again, "It's okay Ishizu, I understand," Mokuba left the museum to search for another girl.

Ishizu watched Mokuba walk away. She had an odd feeling like guilt or pity. 'Maybe Kaiba deserves a chance, I shall teach him to accept his destiny!'

xoxox xox xoxox

The next girl Mokuba found was Serenity Wheeler, who was at an ice-cream shop. They had a large buffet with many flavors of ice-cream. Joey was eating every ice-cream he could get his hands on at the buffet, while Serenity sat at a table in the corner furthest away from the buffet, eating her vanilla ice-cream and pretending she didn't know the blond bottomless pit. Mokuba went to get some ice-cream, then headed for Serenity's table. "Hi Serenity, can I sit with you?"

"Hi Mokuba, of course you can. Came to try the ice-cream buffet?" Serenity smiled.

'Serenity is really nice, I'm sure my brother will love her,' Mokuba thought. 'They'll fall in love, they'll get married and I'll be an uncle!' Mokuba smiled thinking about how much fun it would be playing with his many nieces and nephews. 'I have keep trying!' "Actually, I was looking for you. Seto asked me to ask you something. You see, Seto has been secretly in love with you for some time now, but he's really shy around girls so he asked me to talk to you. Tomorrow we're going on a picnic in the park, I'll be there for a while to give him moral support and then I'll go to Yugi's and leave you two alone for your date," Mokuba smiled innocently once again.

Serenity was also taken by surprise. "Kaiba doesn't seem to get a long with Joey very well."

Mokuba gave her the sad chibi look. "Don't you like my brother? He's smart and handsome and has money, what more can a girl want?"

Serenity tried to explain things, she didn't want to sound mean, but she was really concerned about what Joey would think. "I just don't want to upset Joey and ruin any chances they might have of becoming friends."

"It's okay Serenity, I understand," Mokuba was disappointed. Four girls and they all said no. 'This is a lot harder than I thought,' he finished his chocolate ice-cream and left.

Serenity watched Mokuba walk away, passing Joey who was being dragged away from the ice-cream buffet. She had an odd feeling like guilt or pity. 'Maybe Kaiba deserves a chance; I shall make him friends with Joey!'

xoxox xox xoxox

Continuing his search, Mokuba spotted Vivian Wong window shopping at a clothing store, "hi Vivian!"

"Hello Mokuba, how's your brother by the way?" She asked with a fan girlish squeal.

'Vivian is really um... fan girlish, I'm sure my brother will love her, or at least she'll love him,' Mokuba thought. 'They'll fall in love, they'll get married and I'll be an uncle!' Mokuba smiled thinking about how much fun it would be playing with his many nieces and nephews. 'Please say yes.' "Actually, I was looking for you. Seto asked me to ask you something. You see, Seto has been secretly in love with you for some time now, but he's really shy around girls so he asked me to talk to you. Tomorrow we're going on a picnic in the park, I'll be there for a while to give him moral support and then I'll go to Yugi's and leave you two alone for your date," Mokuba smiled innocently once again, this was really getting old.

"But Mokuba, I still haven't decided if I like Yugi or Seto best. Besides, all I really want is to duel by their side; we'll be the strongest team!" Vivian got all starry eyed.

Mokuba gave her the sad chibi look yet again. "Don't you like my brother? He's smart and handsome and has money, what more can a girl want?"

"Aw, I'm sorry, I just can't choose between them and if I'm the girlfriend of one of them, I can't be the fan girl of the other," Vivian explained.

'I'll never get him a date,' Mokuba thought. "It's okay Vivian, I understand," so the young Kaiba left again.

Vivian watched Mokuba walk away. She had an odd feeling like guilt or pity. 'Maybe he deserves a chance; if I date Seto, maybe I'll get Yugi's attention, then I can date both of them and be both their fan girl!'

xoxox xox xoxox

Mokuba continued his search, he wasn't going to give up yet, but he was getting desperate. That's when he spotted Rebecca's trailer parked ahead. "Rebecca!" He called until she came out. 'Rebecca is really smart, I'm sure my brother will love her,' Mokuba thought. 'They'll fall in love, they'll get married and I'll be an uncle!' Mokuba smiled thinking about how much fun it would be playing with his many nieces and nephews. 'Ok so maybe she's a little too young and I won't be an uncle for a while, but I need find a girl who's willing to date Seto, anyone will do.' "Actually, I was looking for you. Seto asked me to ask you something. You see, Seto has been secretly in love with you for some time now, but he's really shy around girls so he asked me to talk to you. Tomorrow we're going on a picnic in the park, I'll be there for a while to give him moral support and then I'll go to Yugi's and leave you two alone for your date," Mokuba smiled innocently once again.

Rebecca blinked, "but Kaiba's too old for me."

Mokuba gave her the sad chibi look which was getting very, very old. "Don't you like my brother? He's smart and handsome and has money, what more can a girl want?"

"True, but he's also too old for me," she repeated.

"Didn't you like Yugi? They're the same age," Mokuba argued.

"Actually, I used to like older guys because I thought they were more mature, but then I realized guys are immature anyway so I might as well stick with the young ones. By the way, what are you doing tomorrow, Mokuba?" Rebecca winked.

"I have to go now, bye!" Mokuba ran away without looking back.

Rebecca watched Mokuba run like mad. 'She had an odd feeling like guilt or pity. 'Maybe Kaiba deserves a chance; I shall win Mokuba's heart by sibling rivalry!'

xoxox xox xoxox

As he ran for his life, Mokuba bumped into a girl. She had short blond hair, brown eyes, too much make up and was wearing a purple dress. "Sorry!" 'This girl is really... well actually, she's really creepy, but I'm desperate.' Mokuba thought. 'They'll fall in love maybe, they'll get married, I hope, and I'll be a monkey's uncle, hopefully not literally.' Mokuba smiled thinking about how much fun it would be playing with the many reject lab experiments, I mean his many nieces and nephews. 'Here goes nothing.' "Actually, I was looking for you," she looked at him strangely because she had no idea who he was. "My brother saw you from afar and asked me to ask you something," Mokuba explained. "You see, Seto has been secretly in love with you for some time now, I mean since he saw you, but he's really shy around girls so he asked me to talk to you. Tomorrow we're going on a picnic in the park, I'll be there for a while to give him moral support and then I'll go to Yugi's, my friend's house, and leave you two alone for your date," Mokuba smiled innocently once again, he was so tired of this.

"Really? That sounds interesting..." She smiled and for a moment Mokuba had hopes that his quest was finally over, but then a tall muscular man arrived. "I heard that kid, where's this brother of yours?"

Mokuba gulped and looked around, hoping to think of a way to get himself out of this without endangering his brother's life. He spotted Duke and Tristan walking down the street talking, or rather arguing, about video games. "There!" Mokuba said pointing at them.

The man walked over to them. "I don't know which one of you is the kid's brother, but I'll beat you both up, just in case!"

xoxox xox xoxox

After running away, Mokuba had an odd feeling like guilt or pity. He shook his head and decided to continue his quest anyway. This was for his brother's own good after all. After walking around the city for a little while, he decided to talk to the next girl he saw and soon after this thought crossed his mind, he saw a lime green haired girl. "Hi, what's your name?"

"Squeal! Mokuba!" The girl turned around and Mokuba recognized her. Even if she often changed her hair style and hair color, he could tell who she was. "Squeal! You know who I am, future baby brother, I am Mary Sue! I'm an actress, singer, model, a great cook, funny, nice, pretty, smart, powerful, have the eight millennium item, blah, blah, blah, etc., etc. etc." She went on for what felt like hours, making Mokuba dizzy. "And to summarize, I am over all perfect in every way!" Mary Sue finally finished and then she added with a creepy smile. "How is that adorable big brother of yours doing?"

Mokuba was about to give her the same old speech, but then he realized that even if he was desperate, he wasn't that desperate. True that he said he would talk to the next girl he saw, but maybe it was best to skip the Sue and talk to the next girl he saw after her. "Seto is..." Mokuba thought of a good excuse, but Mary Sue's impatient look wasn't helping. "He's dead!"

Mary Sue let out an exaggerated gasp and screamed "No!" In a high pitched squeaky voice, making poor Mokuba's ears, and everyone else's ears within a ten mile radius of Domino city, start ringing.

xoxox xox xoxox

At the Ishtar Museum, the glass covering the Egyptian artifacts in other words the rocks, shattered due to the vibrations from Mary Sue's super sonic scream, one of her many exaggerated magical powers. Ishizu's voice was heard screaming, "Marik! What did you break this time?"

xoxox xox xoxox

Back to Mokuba, as soon as he was able to get his body to move, he ran off full speed, even faster than when he ran way from Rebecca and left the crying Mary Sue behind. He decided to hide in a computer store, since he knew that deep down Mary Sue was really stupid and talking to a true computer geek could make her tiny brain over heat and blow up from confusion. He saw a girl staring at a computer; its covers have been removed to display all the pretty circuit boards and cards on the inside. Suppressing the urge to yell out 'Stop staring at the nekkid computer,' he decided to go talk to her, "hi"

"Hi," The girl replied.

'This girl is a computer geek, I'm sure my brother will love her,' Mokuba thought. 'They'll fall in love, they'll get married and I'll be an uncle!' Mokuba smiled thinking about how much fun it would be playing with his many nieces and nephews. 'Last chance!' "Actually, I was looking for you, Seto asked me to ask you something, he saw you and then asked me to ask you something that is. You see, Seto has been secretly in love with you for some time now, I mean since he first saw you, but he's really shy around girls so he asked me to talk to you. Tomorrow we're going on a picnic in the park, I'll be there for a while to give him moral support and then I'll go to Yugi's, a friend's house, and leave you two alone for your date," Mokuba smiled innocently once again. 'If she says no I'll quit.' Hoping to catch her interest he added. "You know my brother, right? Seto Kaiba, the CEO of Kaiba Corp, there's lots of computers there and its very high tech, just like my brother!"

"Okay, I'll go," the girl agreed.

By force of habit Mokuba, gave her the sad chibi look, which was getting very tiresome. "Don't you like my brother? He's smart and handsome and has money, what more can a girl want?"

"I said yes," the girl replied.

Mokuba sighed. "It's okay, I understand," he automatically assumed this girl rejected her brother too. 'I guess girls just don't like my brother,' Mokuba gave up on his quest and decided to return home.

The girl watched Mokuba walk away. She had an odd feeling like confusion mixed with pity, 'weird kid.'

xoxox xox xoxox

Even if he wasn't able to find a date for his brother, Mokuba wanted to go on the picnic anyway. So after asking his brother over and over and having Seto tell him he was too busy to go, it was time for plan B.

"We never do anything brotherly together anymore, you don't love me!" Mokuba gave Seto the over used sad chibi eyes, which he has practiced so much that day.

Seto watched Mokuba give him the sad chibi look, which he appeared to have perfected, he wondered since when his little brother got so good at that. He had an odd feeling like guilt or pity, but he decided to ignore it. "I do love you little brother, but I already told you, I'm very busy."

'I guess it's time for plan C,' Mokuba grinned evilly. He took a picture out of his pocket. "Seto, look what I found, favorite big brother of mine," he held up the picture for Seto to look at it.

The CEO's eyes went wide, his jaw almost touching the floor. There he was in the picture as a baby. He thought he burned all his baby pictures, but it looks like he missed one. The small baby in the picture appeared to mock him, threatening to make him die of embarrassment. "Mokuba that's low, give it to me!"

"No! I'll give it to you tomorrow after you're back from the picnic," Mokuba insisted.

"Give it to me!" Seto screamed, jumping on Mokuba. Mokuba quickly jumped out of the way and ran like mad. Seto chased him like a lion chasing his prey, all over the Kaiba Mansion. "Give it to me or else!" The truth was Mokuba had never seen Seto so angry, but he was doing this for his own good.

After more running, Seto had finally managed to corner Mokuba and take the picture from him. "You may have destroyed that one, but I have more!" Mokuba lied.

"Where are they?" Seto yelled.

"I'll tell you after we come back from the picnic," Mokuba grinned evilly.

"You little blackmailing brat, I'll get you for this!" Seto stomped away angrily, he had no choice but to go on that picnic tomorrow, even if he rather stay home and work.

xoxox xox xoxox

The next day, Sunday, the day of the picnic, they went to the Domino city park. Mokuba decided to go for a walk around the park, while Seto just sat there waiting until it was time to leave and work again.

Not too far from there, Tea, Mai, Ishizu, Serenity, Vivian and Rebecca were on their way to the park. They saw each other and decided to walk together and of course they talked. By the time they had arrived at the park, the girls had concluded that Seto had asked all of them out at the same time and they weren't happy about it. To top it all up, he even sent his little brother to ask them.

While Mokuba was away, Tea, Mai, Ishizu, Serenity, Vivian and Rebecca arrived. Called Seto every thing from jerk to names I rather not type, slapped him until they knocked him out and walked away angrily.

"Look Bakura," Ryou pointed as they walked by. "Kaiba is taking a nap, you should take one too, it's very relaxing."

"Naps are for babies," the spirit of the Millennium Ring pouted.

Mokuba came back to where he had left Seto and found him unconscious, but thought tat he had simply fallen asleep. After several hours, Seto woke up with a horrible headache from the slaps and screaming and very painful sun burn from being in the sun for too long. He decided not to tell Mokuba about why he was knocked out and let him think that he really was taking a nap.

Mokuba never found out that Tea, Mai, Ishizu, Serenity, Vivian and Rebecca came. The creepy girl in the purple dress went on a date with her boyfriend and forgot all about that kid's brother and the computer geek girl stayed on the internet all day and forgot all about the date.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Card 42: Stop That Email (JoeyxMai)

Joey Wheeler got home and went straight to the computer. He kicked off his shoes, turned on the computer and waited impatiently for it to load. He tried to connect to the internet, hoping that the modem wouldn't die today, as it had been agonizing for the past few days. After two failed attempts, the modem finally connected and Joey checked his email.

Buried in all the spam was a message from Yugi. Their emails talked about Duel Monsters and the such. Joey answered it as he read so he wouldn't forget to write anything. Finally, at the end of Yugi's message there was a question, a random question that they added to each of their messages to keep the conversation going. "Do you have a crush on anyone? Who and why?"

Without thinking twice Joey answered it. Mushy romantic inspiration came to him and he typed up a detailed love confession all about Mai Valentine. Joey didn't mind sending it, Yugi was his best friend and probably already knew he liked Mai, besides, he wouldn't' tell anyone. Just as Joey was about to hit the send button, his cheap old mouse went crazy and moved on its own, causing him to click on his contact list link.

Joey battled against the rabid cursor, trying to make the mouse respond, accidentally adding Mai's address in the process. His cellphone rang and he answered it, "hello?"

"Hey Joey! I'm going Kaiba Land want to come?" Yugi asked.

"Sure Yug, I'll be right there!" Joey replied, he didn't like Kaiba, but everyone liked Kaiba Land.

After hanging up, Joey quickly hit the send button. The message was sent and the screen displayed a list of the addresses that it was sent to. Joey noticed there were two.

He opened his eyes wide as he realized one of those addresses belonged to Mai Valentine. He panicked, the address must have been added when he was fighting the mouse. There was nothing he could do now since his email didn't have an un-send feature. Joey really didn't want Mai to read that message, she could think he was some creepy stalker guy and never talk to him again. He didn't know what to do, so he did the only thinking he could think of, he ran all the way to Kaiba Land to ask for Yugi's help. He could have just called, but in his state of panic, Joey forgot he even had a cell phone.

xoxox xox xoxox

"Yugi! Yugi! Yugi!" Joey yelled as he arrived at Kaiba Land.

"Joey, what is it? How come you don't have any shoes on?" Yugi spotted the panicked Joey and ran over to him.

" Yugi, You have to help me! I'm gonna die if she reads it!" Joey yelled, still in his state of panic.

Yugi looked around and saw many people staring at them. "Calm down, let's go talk outside." Yugi dragged his desperate friend outside, away from most of the people and once at a safe distance, Joey narrated the events that occurred not too long ago. "I'm sorry Joey, maybe I shouldn't have asked you that."

"It's not your fault Yug, but we have to do something! I don't want Mai to think I'm some creepy stalker dude!"

"It's okay, we'll figure something out!" Yugi tried to make Joey calm down. "The first thing we have to do is keep Mai away from her email."

xoxox xox xoxox

They both ran to Mai's apartment and rang the doorbell several times. "I'm coming stop picking on my poor doorbell!" Mai opened the door and was a bit surprised to find Yugi and Joey. "Hi?"

Joey and Yugi looked at each other for answers. They had not formulated a plan, due to them being in such a hurry. "We're here to visit!" Yugi finally blurted out.

"Yeah, visit!" Joey agreed.

Mai noticed that they where acting strange, but invited them to come in anyway. "I was just about to read my emails, you guys want something? Something to drink? Cookies?" Joey nodded so quickly that his head nearly fell off. Mai just thought he just had an active appetite and went to get the refreshments.

As soon as Mai was out of the room, Joey ran over to the computer that was turned on in a corner and unplugged it. "Joey why did you do that?" Yugi whispered so Mai wouldn't hear. "So she can't check her email! We'll tell her the electricity failed and the computer was turned off all by itself," Joey proudly explained his master plan.

"She'll just see that it's unplugged!" Yugi plugged the computer again but didn't turn it back on. "Besides, we could have changed her password and locked her out, but now we can't."

Joey stared at Yugi, he was right. The blond hit his head on the wall repeatedly in frustration, his troubles would be over if he had only thought before he acted.

Mai came back from the kitchen with the snacks. "Why is Joey hitting his head on the wall and why did you turn off my computer?"

Joey quickly made up an excuse. "The electricity failed and turned off the computer by itself. I felt sorry for it because that's bad for computers!"

"I thought Kaiba was the only one who thought about computer's feelings," Mai said as she placed snacks on a small table in the middle of the living room. Joey obviously wasn't happy to be compared to Seto Kaiba and his well known obsession with computers and technology. At the mention of the CEO's name Yugi got an idea. "I just remembered there's something I have to do!" Yugi ran off, leaving Joey alone with Mai.

xoxox xox xoxox

Yugi arrived at Kaiba Corp. in record breaking time. That's around the time Yami woke up from the nap he had been taking in his soul room and Yugi explained the current situation. After mind crushing Kaiba Corp's security, Yugi and Yami made it to the top floor and ran into Seto's office. "Kaiba... I... need... help..." Yugi was out of breath from all that running.

"How did you get here?" Seto thought about who he would fire over this.

"No time to explain, you have to hack into Mai's email and delete a message Joey send by accident!" Yugi urged.

Seto laughed, causing Yugi to blink in confusion. "What do you really want, Yugi? A duel?" Seto asked.

Yugi realized this wouldn't be easy. "I'm not kidding, I really do want you to hack into Mai's email and delete a message Joey send by accident."

Realizing Yugi was serious, Seto grinned evilly. "Why should I?"

Tired from all the running around, Yugi was in no mood to argue. "Have some mercy this one time and help us out!"

Seto's answer took Yugi by surprise, "I'll see what I can do." As Seto demonstrated his hacking skills, Yugi could not help it but to feel nervous about the entire thing. Why would he agree to help so easily? Soon, Seto was in Mai's email.

"That's the one, delete it!" Yugi recognized the title of the email 'Re: Cards and stuff' but instead of deleting it, Seto opened it and forwarded it before Yugi could stop him. "What did you do?"

"I sent it to my own email, I thank you for this chance to play a very good joke on the mutt." Seto didn't know what was written on the email, but there had to be a reason the mutt didn't want Mai to read it.

"Don't you dare!" Yami took control.

"You can't stop me!" Seto laughed evilly.

"I challenge you to a duel to decide the fate of that email!" Seto accepted Yami's challenge and they had their duel. Yami won and Seto had to delete the email from Mai's inbox. Seto promised to delete it from his own email as well, so Yami returned to the Millennium Puzzle and Yugi returned to Mai's apartment.

xoxox xox xoxox

Yugi arrived at Mai's apartment to find that Joey was still there, talking to Mai about a new exercise he learned that had something to do with not wearing shoes. That was his excuse for the lack of shoes.

Yugi stayed for a while, they played duel monsters and even traded a few cards, until the sun began to set and it was time for Joey and Yugi to return to their respective homes. They said their goodbyes to Mai and walked home.

xoxox xox xoxox

"So Yug, I take it I'm safe?" Joey asked.

Yugi returned, he smiled and nodded discretely, as if assuring that all was well. "Yeah, I got Kaiba to go to Mai's email and delete it."

"Kaiba helped?!" Joey was in disbelief.

"Yami had to beat him in a duel first," Yugi admitted.

xoxox xox xoxox

A week passed uneventfully until one day, Joey was walking home when he heard Mai calling him. "Joey, I read your message!" She handed him a paper where she had printed his message. Joey feared she would proceed to scream his head off and call him everything from creepy to stalker, but instead she smiled. "It was so sweet that you published your email in the Kaiba Corp. website. It must have taken a lot of work to convince Kaiba to let you do it!" Mai hugged the surprised and confused Joey. Seto had actually helped; of course it was by accident, what Seto really wanted was revenge, but it all worked out in the end.

End of Deck VI

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! Card 40 "Fan Girl Catcher" was inspired by Angie-chan.