Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Deck ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Duel Deck: Deck IX

Card 49: A Thin Line

-There is a thin line.-

'People say there's a thin line between many things and many of those things are opposites. For example: love and hate, pain and pleasure, sanity and insanity, you and me.'

-His footsteps echoed in the empty mansion and only stopped when he stood in front of a large mirror in his room.-

'Stare into the eyes of your enemy and savior. He's the one that keeps that feeling going for better or for worse. The one you need to control, but can't. Earn his trust and tell him what he wants to hear. Quote what some said that you believe is good and makes you feel like you're okay. Erase from your mind and from his what you didn't want to hear, the things they said that you deny are true. Reach for him make him trust you. Your enemy and your savior, there's a very thin line between them. Earn his trust; tell yourself you're doing well. This is not pain, this is something impossible to explain.'

-He touched the mirror and came closer to it.-

'I love you so much and I hate you so much, is there really a thin line in between those two feelings or are they the same thing? Is your life in my hands or is my life in yours? If my life is in yours, then let it fall, I cannot. I fear what may come at the end, yet if you take me there, I will let you, I cannot stop you.'

-He came closer to the mirror until his face was an inch away.-

'Will you open the door today like you do everyday?'

-He kissed his reflection.-

'Now I have your trust, now I am in control of you or are you in control of me? Either way, please let me go on with what must be done or do it yourself, grant me my escape. If the action comes from you or if the action comes from me, it matters not, as long as it's done.'

-He reached for the blade.-

'Cold isn't it? Do you feel fear? Or are you waiting anxiously for what is to come?'

-Metal against skin.-

'Is there truly a line between sanity and insanity? Are they truly different things? Do they even exist or are they the same thing looked at and interpreted from different points of view? How do you know that you're right and I'm wrong? If you're the one who's wrong, then you wouldn't know; it cannot be certain. Don't tell me this is pain, this is not pain, this is something I can't explain and you can't understand, unless you feel it caused by your own hands.'

-Red liquid flows.-

'If there is no line between sane and insane, between right and wrong, then they are the same, so all would be alright, but there is a line, a very thin line. I feel it, I see it, I have it. There is a line between reason and confusion. Reason and confusion are fighting for me and there is a line between them. The line is thin, the line is red, I see it, I have it, I made it. The line is mine.'

-There is a conflict.-

'By the time Mokuba returns we will have everything cleaned up. I don't want him to know. No one can know. If I find nothing wrong with my actions, if this is not wrong, then why do I hide it? I do not know.'

-He stared at his reflection.-

'This is our secret, our little secret, just you and me.'

-He placed his hand on the mirror.-

'This is my escape and my asylum and no one will take it away. There is a line between what people can know and what they can't know. The line is thin and the line is red. The line is mine to make.'

-Everyday it was the same.-

'This isn't painful, this is freedom. Maybe there is something new you would like to try?'

-He always spoke to the mirror.-

'Tell me, I want to know. I want to try something new. I want to go deeper into my asylum.'

-Each day he spoke to his reflection more as if it where another person.-

'I will try something different or will you? Are you coming up with an idea or am I? It doesn't matter, you are mine and I am yours, we belong to each other always.'

-He kissed his reflection like he always did.-

'You're in control now. I'll let you do what you want. Just help me escape, help me please. Take me to my asylum; you are my asylum deep inside.'

-He ran his fingers through his hair.-

'Don't ever let me go. Don't ever let them take this away from us. No one must know, ever.'

-Brown turned red.-

"Big Brother!"

-The echo of a child's voice.-

'No! Not now! I'm not done. No! I must go, but I will return! I'll come back to my asylum!'

-Blood stained clothes on the floor.-

'I won't be gone long. I'll be back. Hold that thought, that idea, that new door to my asylum, my escape and my freedom.'

-Clean clothes covered him.-

'I must go to my brother, but I will return! I'll be back soon! I'll be back for you!'

-He leaves his room and heads down the stairs.-

'I hate being interrupted. I will not be at peace until I finish. Please be quick in whatever you want, Mokuba. Why did you get back from Yugi's so soon?'

-A glance at a clock.-

'Why must time pass by so quickly? I don't get enough time in my asylum, I need more time with him.'

-A child runs to his arms.-

'Yes, I'm happy to see you too, Mokuba, but why did you have to call me now? I must not be angry, you don't know. You don't understand, you never will, lucky you.'

-Purple eyes spot red.-

'Why is he so quiet? Why is Mokuba not saying anything or even moving. He finally moved, he reached for something and I come closer, wondering what he wants. He wants to tell me something maybe? A secret that he must whisper to me even if there's no one else to hear? He poked my forehead with his finger.'

-The touch of blood.-

'I stare at my little brother's finger stained red. The cut under my hair must have been deeper than I thought. Blood came down on my forehead and the side of my face. Why wasn't I more careful? What am I thinking? He might suspect. His innocent mind must not be corrupted. He must not know. No one must!'

-Purple eyes meet blue.-

"Blood?"

-A child's tears.-

'I wasn't prepared for this. I never thought he would know. Why doesn't he believe me when I say I bumped my head? The blood flows into my hair and it feels different. It's more hidden, more protected, yet I made a mistake. What brings Mokuba to look at me like that? Does he know? Did he know all along?'

-Confused and filled with questions.-

"I don't understand big brother, why?"

-Questions that could not be answered.-

'He doesn't know what this is, he doesn't know what this means to me. He's too young, he must not find out, not now, not ever. This is my line, only mine, my doorway, my asylum yet it has made my brother cry. I hate he who made my brother sad. (Forgive me...) A voice echoes in my mind, but I pay no attention to it. It's my imagination; I just need to think of something to tell Mokuba.'

-Awaiting an answer that never came.-

'Days passed and I calmed Mokuba. I told him it was nothing and I don't want to lie to my brother. I feel my asylum calling me. (Come to me.) What is that voice that echoes in my mind? I hate you! You are not me! There is a thin line between being insane and being sane and I will stay sane, if only for Mokuba's sake. I don't care how much I want to go to you, I will not. (You admit it.) I'm arguing with myself, before I used to welcome this feeling. This feeling that made me feel as if I wasn't alone, as if there was another like me that understood me like only I can understand myself.'

-At work alone.-

'I hear him. (Come back.) No! (I didn't mean to make our brother sad.) Go away! (I'm sorry...) I need to get out of here. (Return!) A duel will do me some good.'

-Against the pharaoh.-

'He is distracted. He is not concentrating in the duel. Does he know too? Yugi... Mokuba wouldn't tell him, he didn't tell anyone, I just know he didn't, then why would he know? I don't think Mokuba even fully understands, or maybe he's smarter than I think? (I will help you win.) Go away, stop messing with my mind! I promised to stop! I promised Mokuba and myself!'

-The spirit of the Millennium Puzzle senses something.-

'Why isn't Yugi taking his turn? Why does he have that look in his face? The Millennium Puzzle glows, why? He will gain nothing with his silly tricks of ancient spirits and pharaohs.'

-The pharaoh interferes.-

"Kaiba, let me help you! I'll send the darkness to the Shadow Realm!"

-He could only watch.-

'I speak, "I am not the darkness," I have no control over my words. "I am not from the Shadow Realm," why do I say these things? "I do not hurt him," why does it feel like it's all a dream and I'm only part of an audience here. "I protect him," my voice sounds more distant by the second, I am not saying anything, yet those words are coming from me. "I am a part of him," I'm so tired... "Without me he dies," I don't know what's happening. Nothing makes sense but I'll just rest for a while, I'm so tired... There's a thin line between thinking something and doing it. There's a thin line between doing something willingly and letting it happen. He is the line...'

-Seto woke up alone in his room.-

'How did I get home? The last thing I remember was dueling Yugi at the Game Shop then the puzzle glowed and then... I don't remember. What happened? Did he send the voice away?'

-He got up and fell down in bed again.-

'I'm too dizzy and my head hurts. How did I get here in the first place? Was it all a dream? If it was a dream then he didn't send the voice away. Why don't I hear him? My asylum, where is he? Why did I say I hate him? Why is he gone?'

-Panic started to show.-

'He's gone he's really gone. No voices in my head. Yet I feel him here, there's still hope. Or am I just insane? I wanted the voice to stop and now I want it back. I'm alone without him, he is me and I am his.'

-He closed his eyes.-

'Then I hear him. (Rest hikari, sleep my light.) The voice is back. "You're here," I am relieved. (I just wanted to know that you don't want me gone. I don't want to hurt you so you must find another door, another way to get rid of stress, another door to your inner asylum.)

-It's all becoming clear to him.-

'I don't want things to change after all. "I am no light, I don't know of another door." (Search for it my dear darkness, you'll find it and then we will be one again. Then the conflict within you will stop and there will be no need to be separated. You and I will be the same. You'll feel your asylum in another way.) The voice fades away.'

-Now they are one again.-

'The spirit of the Millennium Puzzle must have understood, that he was only protecting me, keeping me sane. Now I need to move on to find a better door than the one that was my last resort.'

-He closed his eyes and rested.-

'There's a thin line between physical pain and emotional pain and sometimes one can cross that line and become the other. There's a thin line, the line is red, the line was mine, the line is healing, the line is gone.'

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Card 50: Musical Ghost

Day after day for the past few months, Seto Kaiba had returned home from work very tired. It would seem that his stressful busy life was finally taking a toll on him. Everyday his little brother Mokuba came home from school and waited for Seto to return from Kaiba Corp. The CEO always worked late and when he arrived, he didn't even have the energy to eat dinner. Seto simply dragged himself up the stairs and collapsed in his bed into a deep much needed sleep. He didn't wake up until early the next morning. Took a shower, ate breakfast and left. Mokuba hardly spent time with him anymore and besides, that he was worried, all of this would be unhealthy for his big brother.

After much crying and begging from the younger Kaiba, Seto was sent off to a small log cabin in the middle of nowhere to "communicate with nature," as Mokuba put it. Seto wondered where his little brother would get such an idea, but soon it became clear: the TV. He must have heard some kind of anti-stress advertisement on TV and ordered one of those little overpriced guide books.

As they approached the cabin, Seto confirmed his suspicions when he noticed his little brother reading from a little book and trying to hide it at the same time. "Now I must... leave you alone to communicate with nature," Mokuba didn't like the book anymore, he didn't want to leave his brother, but even so, he had to do what was best. Seto had taken care of him since they were kids and now it was time to return that.

"I don't want to communicate with nature; I want to communicate with the Kaiba Corporation network!" Seto grumbled.

"But Seto, you have to! Your stress will go away and you'll be full of energy for the new day!" Mokuba repeated the rhyme written on the cover of the little book he still tried to hide.

Seto sighed, it was very important for his little brother, so he decided to do this. He would just have to work extra hard when he got back to make up for the time he wasted here.

Seto watched as the pilot took off in the helicopter. Mokuba waved goodbye from the window and he waved back. They didn't even have roads in this place and it was a miracle they found a stop clear enough to land the helicopter, as everything else was covered by an endless sea of tall trees.

After the helicopter was lost in the distance of the clear blue sky, Seto inspected the inside of the log cabin. It had a small kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. The furniture was made of wood and looked rather old. Why couldn't Mokuba pick a five star hotel for him to 'communicate with nature' in?

Seto took a seat in a small couch and got his laptop out of his briefcase. He had told Mokuba that the briefcase was full of camping supplies and for some unknown reason; the little Kaiba had actually believed it. The day went by quickly and uneventfully, Seto was relieved he had packed some 'city food' and plenty of extra batteries. Sometimes it even amazed him how many things he could keep inside that briefcase.

xoxox xox xoxox

The night soon came and Seto missed electricity even more. Walking around with a flashlight just isn't the same as a nice big light bulb above your head. He didn't know why but he wanted to go outside. He placed all his belongings back in his beloved briefcase and headed out with the flashlight in hand. He wasn't sure why he was bringing his briefcase along, but he had a feeling he should take it, as if he wouldn't return to the log cabin.

He heard an unrecognizable sound in the distance of the dense forest. It was if it the sound was calling him to go deeper into the darkness of the night. A cold wind blew and thick fog began to form. Soon, even the bright light of the flashlight was of no help for the CEO to know where he was going.

Seto continued walking into the cold darkness, looking around for anything familiar, but it was impossible to see in the darkness and fog. Even looking straight up at the skies, all he saw was the darkness, as any stars or moon that could be out there were covered by the tree branches and their leaves that moved slowly in the wind, as if dancing to the unknown sound.

As Seto came closer, the sound became clearer; it was music, a saxophone to be specific. Whoever was playing it was very good. He followed the sound, as if the music was hypnotizing him. As he got closer, the music started to sound familiar, as if he had heard that sound before, but didn't know where. Lyrics started coming to his mind and he sang without realizing it. The saxophone continued playing as he sang a little louder. He saw a shadowy figure up ahead with an item. He identified the item as a saxophone, he had found the musician or the musician found him.

xoxox xox xoxox

The next day, Mokuba had called Seto on his cell phone, which he was certain his brother had taken along, yet there was no answer. He became very worried as images of Seto's possible fate replayed over and over in his mind. Was he attacked by a bear or any other wild animal that tore him apart slowly and painfully to be fed to its cubs? Did he go for a walk and ate a poisoned berry from a strange bush and was now lying dead in the forest? Was he kidnapped by aliens from a far away planet who would perform strange experiments on him? Or maybe he got lost in the forest and wondered around endlessly until he starved to death? If that last one was the case, there was still hope!

Mokuba called Roland and the pilot and they flew off to the place where Seto was last seen. After searching the log cabin to find no signs of Seto except a few empty candy wrappers, Mokuba set off into the forest, followed by Roland, who knew Seto would fire him or worse if he let Mokuba go alone. They searched, and searched and found absolutely no sign of the missing CEO.

Desperate and frustrated, Mokuba did the only thing he could do; he hopped back in the helicopter and told the pilot to return to Domino City, he needed help.

xoxox xox xoxox

The helicopter landed in Yugi's backyard and Mokuba ran inside yelling for the puzzle hikari. This was what he did last time something happened to Seto when he was trapped in a virtual world by the Big Five and Yugi had helped, so he would help this time too.

Yugi listened to Mokuba narrate all he knew about Seto's disappearance and also discussed some of his theories about his brother's fate. All this time, Yugi had a discussion about it with Yami. The Pharaoh was starting to suspect this was the work of the Shadow Realm. Without wasting a single second, Yugi and Mokuba set off to return to the forest. Maybe the power of the Millennium Puzzle could help solve Seto's mysterious disappearance.

It was true that something strange was going on. Yugi hasn't seen Ryou or Bakura for some time. Nor had he seen the Ishtars and their museum remained closed for a lot longer than anyone would expect. A sign on the door of the Ishtar museum read "Gone on vacation, be back in two days". The paper had clearly suffered rain, wind and who knows what else and it had been much more than two days.

Back then Yugi thought nothing of it. Maybe they decided to stay on vacation longer, but this was very suspicious. First the Millennium Ring holder disappears along with his yami. Then the Ishtars who once had the Millennium Necklace and Millennium Rod respectably also disappear and now Seto Kaiba who was somehow also connected to the Millennium Items and Ancient Egypt. Why didn't he think of this before?

xoxox xox xoxox

By the time they arrived in the forest it was already nightfall. Armed with only flashlights, or a flashlight and a puzzle in Yugi's case, Yugi, Mokuba and Roland set out to search for Seto, ready to take on any and all dangers that may come across and rescue him.

To keep busy and not get scared, they talked along the way. Everything was fine until Roland mentioned a legend he knew about. Mokuba insisted that he told them. "A long time ago in this forest, there lived a young girl who loved music. Some were jealous of her and others admired her very much. One day, the girl's wicked stepmother took away the source of her happiness, a saxophone she had received from her father. This was the last thing she had of him. Her father was a merchant and gave her the instrument before leaving on a trip that he never came back from. She knew her father wouldn't leave her, so she assumed the worse. The girl taught herself to play the saxophone and played everyday since then."

Yugi and Mokuba's attention focused on the story.

Roland continued, "Her wicked stepmother threw the instrument in a lake located behind a group of log cabins where the villagers lived. The girl dived in and recovered her precious instrument, but refused to leave the lake. She floated in the waters, playing the saxophone at the same time. She knew that if she came out, her wicked stepmother would take the instrument away. She saw her walking around the small lake along with her enemies who where jealous of her. Her fiends came to help her and beat up her enemies. Her wicked stepmother ran back to the village and locked herself in her cabin, afraid of the girl's friends. Even after this, the girl refused to come out of the lake and her friends didn't know why. The girl sadly informed them that when she had dived after the saxophone, she had fallen head first into a sharp and hard bolder that was hidden by the lake's waters. Her body laid unconscious and dead in the bottom of the lake and now only her spirit remained. She just wanted to play the saxophone and let people hear her."

It was tragic, as most ghost stories tend to be.

Roland went on, "her friends built a hotel, casino and spa in the village after the musical ghost, as she came to be known, chased away the mean villagers, including her wicked stepmother and her enemies. The girl then played for everyone and waited for the day when her father's spirit would come to visit. After some time, her wish came true and her father's spirit was able to find her again. He had indeed died in an accident in his last trip, but now they where reunited once more."

Now it was time to connect the legend with reality.

"They say the girl's friends lived happy and peaceful lives till the end of their days in the hotel, casino and spa. Some also say that the girl's stepmother became insane after being chased away by the musical ghost. There are also different versions of this legend; there is also a version where he girl had a brother. In some versions he was away with their father and died also and in other versions he helped her friends beat up the mean people and stayed to help manage the hotel, casino and spa," everything was silent after Roland finished his narration.

After walking for some time, once again a cold wind began to blow and thick fog began to form and there was a distant echo of an indescribable sound. They continued their journey deep into the dark forest. The sound became clearer, it was a saxophone. They kept going until they spotted a shadowy figure with an item. Yugi waited for Yami to do something, anything but the spirit of the puzzle assured Yugi that everything was all right.

They came closer to the shadow and as the fog began to clear and a cool breeze blew, they saw it was a girl playing a saxophone. There were several people sitting around a camp fire near by, roasting marshmallows and listening to the music, singing along. When the song ended, the girl welcomed her new guests. "Welcome to my hotel, casino and spa, no reservations needed, enjoy your stay!" She smiled and added in an almost inaudible whisper, "one thousand dollars per day, per person."

Mokuba, Yugi and Roland blinked in confusing, Yami materialized outside the Millennium Puzzle and blinked as well.

"Mokuba!" Seto called from the campfire.

"Big Brother!" Mokuba ran to Seto and glomped him.

The Ishtars, Ryou and Bakura were also there. There were also with a few people who looked like the classic stereotypical tourists, with colorful shirts and cameras around their necks.

"I don't understand," Yugi voiced.

"We're here on vacation," Ryou smiled.

"Seto, why didn't you answer your cell phone, I was worried!" Mokuba whined giving Seto the chibi face.

"I'm sorry Moky, I must have left it in my room and I've been here all day roasting marshmallows and listening to the music." Soon another song started and the new guests joined everyone else roasting marshmallows around the campfire, talking about random things and signing to the sound of the saxophone. So maybe that legend was only a story to attract tourists after all, or was it?

xoxox xox xoxox

When everyone has already gone to sleep, the girl who played the saxophone took a walk around the resort that used to be a village and reached the lake behind it. "They're all sleeping now dad."

An older man appeared beside her. "I know; I was there just not visible."

"I know," she floated above the lake and played her saxophone some more, her father listened, enjoying every moment of the song. She saw her fiends reborn today and wondered what would have happened if her spirit was also put to rest.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Card 51: Seto's User Guide

It all began one day, a Monday morning, in Kaiba Corporation or more specifically in Seto Kaiba's office at Kaiba Corporation, when Roland handed Seto Kaiba some statistics representing the possible revenues that the company could obtain if he approved the marketing of a new product they had planned, the Virtual Seto Kaiba. The CEO was not exactly happy about having many virtual copies of him self running around all over the city, but the truth was he could not resist the possible profits that such a product would bring, so the Virtual Seto Kaiba was created.

The new product was a success and sales kept going up with many orders being filled every day. The Virtual Seto Kaiba was improved and upgraded and Kaiba Corporation also began to sell accessories and such things for him. However, some customers became confused by the many uses of the Virtual Seto Kaiba and how he worked, so to help the customers understand their Virtual Seto Kaiba better, make better use of him and accept the fact that Kaiba corporation is '73h 73ch', a standard Virtual Seto Kaiba user guide and instruction manual was issued to be included with the actual product.

A certain girl, among many others, had purchased a Virtual Seto Kaiba. The girl installed the software and managed to turn Virtual Seto Kaiba into a hologram and from there she managed to use Solid Vision to make him a solid virtual clone. However, he did not move or do anything, he was just a life size doll that didn't do or say anything. Before calling customer support to complain about her defective Virtual Seto Kaiba, the girl decided to actually read the user guide, aka instruction manual, that no one actually reads until they encounter a problem and give up guessing. "Virtual Seto Kaiba user guide and instruction manual."

"Part 1: How to activate your Virtual Seto Kaiba."

"Virtual Seto Kaibas or VSKs for short, are kept in small card shaped lockets which are actually high tech computer chips. You may make a special order if you wish to have a locket of a specific color. All lockets come equip with a sample picture of little Mokuba which can be removed and replaced with any picture of your choosing."

"After you remove the protective plastic wrapping from the card, plug it into your computer's mother board and follow the simple step by step installation instructions on your screen when you reboot the computer. Once the installation is complete, you can interact with your Virtual Seto Kaiba on your computer, he is compatible with any operating system."

"Part 2: Functions of the Virtual Seto Kaiba on the computer."

"The VSK, when on the computer environment acts as an anti virus program. He will detect and stop viruses by calling his Blue Eyes White Dragon function. For security reasons, the Blue Eyes White Dragon function only activates while the Virtual Seto Kaiba is in the computer environment. The White Lightning is effective not only against viruses, but also works as a pop up destroyer for those annoying ads."

"Caution: Do not attempt to launch the Blue Eyes White Dragon function or activate its White Lightning on your own, you must let your Virtual Seto Kaiba determine when the action is necessary."

"Warning: Kaiba Corporation will not be held responsible for any damage or loss of data that may occur to your computer because of the inadequate use of the Virtual Seto Kaiba, Blue Eyes White Dragon and or White Lightning programs."

"Your Virtual Seto Kaiba is also an excellent game player. He comes equipped with a virtual card database containing hundreds of cards for you to form your deck with. To add additional cards you must subscribe and download them via the internet. Once you have your subscription, you can set your Virtual Seto Kaiba to automatically update the card database whenever he detects a connection and new updates are available. With the subscription we also provide virus definition updates to make the Blue Eyes White Dragon function and its White Lightning more effective against new threats."

"You can also connect to our game server and test your Virtual Seto Kaiba's dueling skills against the skills of the Virtual Seto Kaibas of other people."

"Caution: To avoid upsetting your Virtual Seto Kaiba you must be very supportive if he loses and assure him that he is still the best."

"Part 3: Using your Virtual Seto Kaiba with holograms."

"Virtual Seto Kaiba is compatible with most hologram devises, however Kaiba Corporation's hologram technology is recommended for the best quality resolution possible. You can duel with your Holographic Virtual Seto Kaiba using any model of Kaiba Corporation Duel Disk. Pease do not treat your Holographic Virtual Seto Kaiba as a mere decoration, he will get bored and cranky if you ignore him. Holographic Virtual Seto Kaiba and Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba use voice command technology."

"Caution: The use of cell phones and other such devises near your holographic Virtual Seto Kaiba may cause some interference; this does not apply to Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba."

"Part 4: Using Solid Vision with Virtual Seto Kaiba."

"With Solid Vision the abilities of your Virtual Seto Kaiba increase greatly. First you must install him on your computer and project the hologram. Then plug in a standard USB port Kaiba Corporation Solid Vision creator and choose the Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba option on your screen. Please do not interact with the computer or your Virtual Seto Kaiba while he is becoming solid. If any errors occur, reboot your computer and start the process from the beginning, making sure everything is connected and functioning properly. If you experience further difficulties contact Kaiba Corporation's customer support twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week for a small fee of only one dollar... (per second)."

The girl rolled her eyes, she was now glad she didn't call customer support after all, but she was still yet to find the answer to her problem so she continued reading.

"To ensure that the Solid Vision process has been completed successfully, gently poke your Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba to ensure he is in fact solid."

"Caution: Do not poke him with a sharp object and do not poke him at all in the eyes or other sensitive areas, this will make him angry and uncomfortable and he will not function at his best."

"Part 5: Functions of the Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba."

"Some of Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba's functions are listed here but are not limited to: doing your homework, babysitting children and pets (except dogs), organizing your Duel Monsters deck, repairing all your Kaiba Corporation products as well as other electronics. He can also drive cars and motorcycles as well as pilot helicopters and airplanes. He is not programmed for doing chores such as washing dishes, doing the laundry, cleaning the house and other such things. Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba prefers cats to dogs and does not generally get along well with dogs, so please do not leave him alone with your dog."

"Warning: Kaiba Corporation will not be held responsible for any damage that occurs to your Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba and or your dog if you leave them unattended."

"Part 6: Accessories."

"There are many accessories that you can purchase for your Virtual Seto Kaiba, other than the duel disk, to use these accessories he must be in solid mode. Here are a few accessories, check the Kaiba Corporation Virtual Seto Kaiba catalog for more."

"Cat Ears, when placed on Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba the cat ears will make him act cat-like, he will purr if you pet him and allow you to pet him as much as you want as long as you do so in an appropriate way, not too hard. He will also take frequent naps, which is good since he doesn't generally sleep a lot, and play with cat toys. The Cat Ears come with a little bell collar which you can put on your Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba or wear it yourself and a toy Blue Eyes White Dragon with mouse ears for him to play with. Due to inappropriate use in the past, such as excessive pulling, the cat tail accessory has been discontinued."

"Bunny Ears, when placed on Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba's head, the Bunny Ears will make him act all cute and cuddly. He will experience the urge to eat carrots and cuddle soft fluffy things such as plushies. The Bunny Ears come with a Blue Eyes White Dragon plushie in a carrot suit for him to play with."

"Caution: Do not mix two different animal ears, his behavior in such cases is unpredictable and or insane and could be violent and or dangerous."

"Part 7: The three alternate personalities."

"Virtual Seto Kaiba has three alternate personalities; they are similar but have a few differences. The three personalities are CEO, Big Brother and Bishounen. What personality he uses is up to the user to decide, however we would like to make a few suggestions. The CEO personality works best when you want him to do your homework or repair electronics. The Big Brother personality works best when you want him to baby-sit and the Bishounen personality makes him a little more tolerant toward fan behavior such as hugging and or glomping."

"Part 8: Recharging Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba's energy."

"We have provided a special connector used to recharge Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba. The other forms of Virtual Seto Kaiba will get their energy from your computer or hologram machine respectively. To recharge Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba you may place the plastic end of the white connector cable provided in his mouth and place the USB plug end on your computer, then choose the recharge option on the screen. However, he will keep the computer's CPU occupied recharging so the computer cannot be used during this time except for the Virtual Seto Kaiba program."

"To speed up the process you may change him back into a hologram or load him back into the computer by selecting those options from the program you installed, while the connector is attached. If you wish to keep him in solid form, there are alternative ways to recharge his energy without keeping your computer busy. You can place the straw like end of the blue connector cable provided in his mouth and plug the other end to an electric outlet on the wall or simply feed him. Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba is capable of converting almost any kind of food into energy, but if the food tastes bad, he will complain and refuse to eat it."

"Part 9: The Dos and Don'ts of Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba."

"You should take him for a walk every now and then. Do not leave him out in the sun for too long because he has sensitive skin and can get sun burned very easily. Let him interact with other Solid Virtual Seto Kaibas. Do not let him get too overly competitive with other Solid Virtual Seto Kaibas. Tell him he is a good duelist and duel him often, also tell him he's cute and give him lots of compliments. Don't glomp him too hard, once in solid mode he will need oxygen to function properly. Let him use your computer or provide him with a computer of his own."

"Do not insult him; yell at him for no reason, kick him, punch him, slap him and so on. If you are reported as having abusive behavior toward your Virtual Seto Kaiba, solid or not, your Virtual Seto Kaiba will be taken away and donated to a random fan girl who will be nice to him."

"Caution: To ensure appropriate use, Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba is equipped with a mind reading devise that detects bad intensions, if such thoughts occur, he will warn you to maintain your distance and if you do not listen to his warning, he will immediately self destruct."

"Warning: Kaiba Corporation will not be held responsible for any damage that occurs due to Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba activating the self destruct function in his own defense, we will not be held liable because of property damage, fires caused by the explosion, severe emotional trauma, any kind of injuries including serious or mortal injuries, death, etc."

"Part 10: (Very) Limited Warranty."

"Virtual Seto Kaiba in all his forms comes with a thirty day limited warranty. If he is behaving strangely, does not listen to voice commands or any other troubles occur, please bring him to the nearest Kaiba Corp or Kaiba Land and we will repair or replace him for a small fee of five thousand dollars. If you are missing the white and or blue connector cables contact customer support and we will mail the missing cables to you for a small fee of one hundred dollars per cable."

The girl blinked, so if Kaiba Corp. forgot to include a part people still had to pay for it? As if the basic Virtual Seto Kaiba set wasn't expensive enough already and then there was the Solid Vision creator. Besides, doesn't warranty mean not paying? She decided not to think too much of it for now and continued reading, the warranty would at least still be cheaper than getting a whole new product, but luckily hers was complete, so she didn't need it.

"Part 11: Troubleshooting."

"Your Virtual Seto Kaiba in solid or hologram mode won't stop staring at himself in the mirror, this issue has been known to happen when he is in Bishonen mode. Use the voice command to switch him to CEO mode and ask him to help you with your homework, if you do not have any, he will simply inform you that it is finished and most likely he won't go back to the mirror for a while."

"If your Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba is damaged in any way, place the plastic end of the white connector cable provided in his mouth then connect the USB plug end to your computer and choose the restore option from the Virtual Seto Kaiba program you installed before. Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba will be surrounded by electromagnetic energy from the Solid Vision Creator and he will be restored to a functional state."

"Caution: Do not interact with Virtual Seto Kaiba, the Solid vision Creator or the computer until the process is complete."

"If your Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba was stolen, lost or kidnapped you may use the radar option on the program installed on your computer to track him down. For a small extra fee of one hundred dollars per hour you may request the service from Kaiba Corporation's rescue team."

"If your Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba does not move, talk or do anything at all it may be time to replace his batteries which are located in the little square box on the KC belt buckle. Caution: Do not attempt to place batteries in his mouth, ears or any where else except the space provided."

The girl took a deep breath, she had read the entire thing without even stopping to breathe. "Finally! Why is it that they always put the important stuff at the very end?" She then placed the Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba on a chair and opened the KC belt buckle, where there was a space for two small batteries, she knew that buckle had to be that big for a reason and suddenly wondered if the real Seto Kaiba kept spare batteries in there as well.

She grabbed the box where everything came in, but it was empty, looking at the front of the box she noticed something, "batteries not included" was written in the lower right corner. Sighing impatiently, she set off to search for a pair of small batteries.

She then noticed a pink haired girl who kept staring at the unconscious Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba from the window. Recognizing the pink haired girl, she grabbed the Virtual Seto Kaiba user guide and instruction manual and threw it at her, hitting her on the head and scaring her away. "Back off Mary Sue, go buy your own!" She closed the window and resumed her search for batteries finding none.

She decided to borrow the TV's remote control's batteries and finally she was the happy owner of a Solid Virtual Seto Kaiba, a very life like virtual clone of Seto Kaiba, ideal for any fan girl.

End of Deck IX

Disclaimer, I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! Card 51 was inspired by the episode in Noa's arc with the Virtual Seto that Seto created to duel with.