Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dueling Love ❯ Desert Beauty ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh. So you can't sue me! If you think you can then bite me! On with the story…

Dueling Love

Desert Beauty

"Here we are," said Ms. Perker, the cheery councilor, as she and a girl walked up to a brown door. "Any questions before going in?"

The girl shook her head 'no'. She had long, black hair that held that slightest wave, and bright blue-silver eyes. Her cream skin was not tanned but held a slight golden hue to it. Her slender body was held with such grace that she seemed to glide. Her background consisted of all Egyptian people, making her a pure Egyptian. The Egyptian girl was born and raised in Egypt, in an old village that most likely dated back to the B.C. times. Her people held on to the old religion, arts, culture, and language of the Ancient Egyptians, though now days they added recent medicines when needed and the latest updates of the world.

She had lived in Egypt for all 16 years of her life. Just weeks ago her father and mother had decided to move and get out into the world. Now she was attending Domino High School. The last time she was in school was about a year and a half ago, when she completed junior high. She learned English pretty well. Her parents weren't ready to send her away for high school. Now that they had moved, she could start school again. She once again turned her attention to Ms. Perker who was just knocking on the door. Then she opened the door and peeked in.

"Mr. Wagashi, the new student is here," she stated in her jolly tone. She then waved at the girl to come in. Mr. Wagashi stood at the front of the room waiting for her. Behind the girl, Ms. Perker shut the door and left.

"Everyone, if you please," he began, "we have a new student with us today. This is Annaara Neferti. She is from…"

"Egypt," Annaara finished smoothly. Some of the other students started to murmur in wonder. Some of the guys stared at her with goo-goo eyes. Annaara's eyes scanned the room quickly.

"Welcome to Domino City, Annaara," greeted Mr. Wagashi. "Now why don't you take the empty seat in the back of the second row?" Nodding, Annaara walked over to her new seat. On her right was a girl with somewhat short brown hair and on her left was a boy with tri colored hair. Then class began or rather continued. Mr. Wagashi started out with a lecture on the landmarks of the British Isles. Annaara took what notes she could get. After the lecture was an assignment: a report on one of the countries due next week. When the bell rang she walked to her locker. On the locker bank across from her there was that brown haired girl and the boy with tri colored hair talking to two other boys. Looking at her schedule, she saw that she needed to be at mathematics, then science, lunch, Japanese, and then gym. Shutting her locker, she turned away and bumped into someone else. She looked up to see another boy whose expressions were impossible to read.

"I'm sorry," Annaara said quickly and softly. The other just frowned at her.

"Just look were you're going next time." He turned away and left down the hall. She too left for her next class and walked into her next class. She found math harder than she thought. Science was just as hard. When the lunch bell went off, she stopped by the library. After some looking around, she checked out a book about Scotland for her report. At the lunch room, she had managed to get a quiet place to sit. For half the lunch period she read while eating. Suddenly there was a loud CRASH. She looked up from her book to see two strange boys causing trouble. One of them apparently had tripped the other boy and now they were fighting. The fight didn't last long for one of the teachers came and sent them to the office. The rest of the day was plain and simple.

-------------------

Here is how to pronounce Annaara's name: 'uhn-nar-uh' 'neh-fur-tee'!