Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Duelists of the Elemental Spirits ❯ Chapter 10: Spirit Day Fiasco ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10: Spirit Day Fiasco

It’s a beautiful day at Duel Academy. Spring has hit the island head-on so now everything is green, flowery, and--

“ACHOO!” Yasu sneezes.

Yasu and Jono’s allergies have just begun to act up.

“Tissue?” Amane offers, having stocked up on the soft item just for her two friends.

Yasu nods and takes the tissue and wipes her teary violet eyes before blowing her nose, which is already red.

“You look horrible, sis.” Ammon comments, earning himself a glare from his older sister.

Suma sighs and mentally begins the countdown for the inevitable. ‘5... 4... 3... 2... 1...’

-SPLASH!-

“Ahhhhgggg! Sis!” Ammon exclaims, pushing his now-wet white and dark red bangs out of his eyes. “What was that for!?”

Every year it’s the same thing; Yasu and Jono’s allergies hit them full force, leaving them tired and extremely irritable. Especially Yasu, who almost never loses her temper. In fact, the only times that happens is during allergy season and for practically the entire month of February because of Valentines Day. Just about any other time she’s as calm as can be.

A month and a half has passed since the Shadow Riders first struck and Atticus, Alexis’s brother, has been awake for a little over a week. On this particular spring day they’ve been celebrating Duel Monster Spirit Day at the academy and everyone is excited. Several students are even dressing up as their favorite Duel Monster, or, in Jaden’s case, a combination of their favorite Duel Monster’s. The Larks are no different.

Maiko has chosen to dress up as a Harpy Lady and is pulling off the look quite well. Suma has dressed up as the Dark Magician Girl and Ammon is the Dark Magician, much to everyone’s amusement. Liam is a “humanized” Chimera: The Flying Mythical Beast and Zahur merely outlined his eyes and kohl and dressed up like his dad. (Malik’s Duelist City outfit) Amane has managed to bring together a Silent Magician costume and Ryan and Chizu, the only other of the Larks dressing up, are dressed as the Dragon Guardian and King of Thieves. The others, Yasu, Seth, and Jono, are just taking the day to wear something other than the school’s uniforms. Yasu and Jono are just too miserable to dress up and Seth says that wearing a costume would restrict his movement.

Zahur, Liam, Seth, and Suma have set up a cute little stand and are selling onigiri and cookies. Amane stands beside the stand, eating a few of the onigiri and talking to her four friends. Chizu and Ryan are off causing trouble somewhere and the others are in random places.

“Suma, you know what would be neat?” Liam asks, adjusting one of his horns.

Suma takes a moment before answering. “A variety of things come to mind, but what are you thinking?”

“Let Dark Magician Girl come out and have a little fun.” Liam says. “You mentioned her being a little restless lately, so why not let her out while just about everyone is dressed up as a Duel Monster?”

Suma considers this for a minute. “You know… that’s not a bad idea. She’d probably try and find some way to come out anyway. Any suggested places to summon her?”

“How about behind the stand?” Amane suggests. “No one should see you back there.”

Suma smiles. “Thanks, A’ne.” Then she walks around to the back. Seconds later the three onigiri and cookie makers and Amane feel a hint of Shadow Magic, but it’s quickly gone. A minute later Suma walks back around to the front with a giggling Dark Magician Girl behind her.

“Hey Mana, long time no see.” Amane says as she grabs another onigiri off the counter. “You like our outfits?”

Dark Magician Girl giggles harder. “I feel very honored that Suma has dressed as me and I’m sure Silent Magician will be happy to hear you’re dressing as him.”

“How’s Mahaado?” Seth asks.

Dark Magician Girl’s giggles fade and she smiles. “He’s fine. He did warn me to be careful out here though and to take it easy. Is there any particular reason why you called me?”

“Nope.” Suma shakes her head. “I just figured you’d like to get out a bit is all. I’ll be here if you need me.”

“Alright. See you later, everyone!” She says before skipping off to find something to do.

“Was that wise?” Zahur questions.

“She’ll be fine.” Suma says dismissively. “How much trouble could she possibly cause?”

Zahur raises an eyebrow. “Suma, this is Mana that we’re talking about, right? The same Mana that turned Uncle Yugi into a girl? The same Mana who goofed up that hair color changing spell and turned Liam into a kitten for a week?”

“Oh dear…”

There’s silence for a moment and then that silence is broken by Atticus running past them with a camera and Alexis running after him yelling at him to give her the camera.

Amane’s eyes light up and she quickly eats the onigiri she’s holding and then rushes off after the two with a quick, “Later!”

Liam watches her run after them with a puzzled look on his face while Suma, Ammon, and Zahur exchange knowing glances. Liam notices this.

“Guys, did I miss something?” He asks.

“We have a small theory,” Suma says. “that Amane has a crush on Atticus.”

“She’s not going to acknowledge it, of course.” Ammon says. “So she’s going to pass it off as wanting to be his friend and get to know him better.”

Liam looks between the two, about ready to call them crazy and then looks to his twin for help.

Zahur sighs. “It’s just what we think, Liam. It doesn’t make it true. However, if you think about it, this is the first time Amane has held even a remote interest in a guy romantically. It could just be that he has a prankster-like quality about him and that intrigues her. We have never really know and you know Amane will avoid the subject like the plague.”

Suma nods in agreement. “Yeah. She takes more after Uncle Ryou than she does Aunt Tama. Uncle Ryou’s a bit like that too.”

The four fall silent once more.

“So,” Liam decides to change the subject. “how many people do you think will come to our stand?”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Mmm… it’s such a beautiful day.” Mana Bakura murmurs. She opens her brown eyes and looks over to her best friend and cousin, Salim Ishtar. “Don’t you think so, Salim?”

Salim nods in agreement. “Yeah. I love spring. It’s my favorite season of them all!”

Mana giggles. “Yeah. Hey, you wanna go see if the others want to go swimming?”

“Sure.” Salim replies. “Umm… who’s going to ask who?”

Mana thinks for a moment. “Well… I’ll ask Yukio, Matsu, and Taro and you ask ‘Lia, Kevin, and Ebony. They should be in ‘Lia’s room. At least, that’s where they were headed when I last saw them.”

Salim smiles. “Thanks, Mana.

“Mmm hmm…” Mana stands up and stretches out her limbs before holding her hand out to Salim to pull him up. “See you in a few!” She chirps happily before bounding off to find her older brother, Yukio, and Matsu.

Salim merely walks off to find his older sister, Kevin, and Ebony.

Less than a half hour later the eight kids are outside by the river that runs past the Ishtar house. Mana is wearing a blue one-piece swimsuit and her red and black hair is pulled up into a ponytail. Ophelia is wearing a black two piece and red shorts. She has braided her sandy blonde hair to prevent it from getting horribly tangled. Matsu is wearing a cute two piece swimsuit and she has braided her hair as well. Ebony is wearing a bright purple one-piece with pink polka dots on it and has pulled her purple hair into two ponytails.

Kevin is wearing green swim trunks, which makes Ophelia call him “Christmas obsessed”. (He has red hair) Yukio and Taro are both wearing navy blue swim trunks and Taro has braided his hair so it will stay out of the way. Salim is wearing black swim trunks and his sister jokingly braided a few pieces of his black hair.

“So who’s going in first?” Matsu asks, staring at the water.

Ebony glances at Kevin and grins. Then she “discretely” shoves the red-head into the water. Seconds later Ophelia shoves Ebony into the water to get revenge for her best friend and then Matsu uses her control over the wind to blow everyone except for herself into the water.

“Sweet Isis this water is cold!” Ophelia exclaims. “Windy, what was that for?!”

“That, dear cousin, was for the prank that you, Kevin, and Taro pulled on me the other week. You know, the one where you had Taro make up the strangest dream possible for me to have and then you two acted it out when I woke up?” Matsu says. “As for everyone else, I just felt like it.”

“Aren’t you suppose to be the sane one?!” Yukio exclaims.

Matsu grins. “Sorry, that role has been passed to Salim since he’s now Li- iiieeeeee!”

-SPLASH!-

The others look to Mana, about to congratulate her on performing a spell correctly, but the young magician just shakes her head. They all then look to Salim, who blushes dark red.

“It just didn’t seem fair that she knocked all of us into the water and most likely wouldn’t have gotten in herself.” He explains.

“Oh Ra… we’ve finally corrupted Salim! Yay!” Ophelia yells cheerfully.

The others sweat drop and then Ebony splashes Ophelia and says, “You wish, ‘Lia.”

Ophelia splashes Ebony back and this results in a huge splash ‘n dunk war breaking out, during which Matsu uses her control over the wind to get everyone good. In retaliation, Mana and Salim combine their powers and use them to get back at the wind user while the others splash her the best they can.

All’s well and normal in Domino City.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Back at Duel Academy Suma sits down on a bench beside the Dark Magician Girl to talk to her favorite Duel Monster. “So, did you have fun today?”

Dark Magician Girl nods happily. “I met so many of my fans today and got to duel Jaden Yuki! It was awesome!”

Suma laughs.” So who won?”

“Jaden.” Dark Magician Girl replies. “I can’t say I’m surprised he won. He’s really good, you know?”

“Yeah, he is. Both my dads think he could pose a challenge to them.” Suma says. “So, did you do anything else besides meet your fans and duel Jaden?”

Dark Magician Girl thinks for a moment. “Well… I did meet a boy in Slifer. The one with light blue hair and is shorter than you.”

“That’s Syrus. He’s one of Jaden’s friends.”

“He’s nice.”

“All of Jaden’s friends are.” She scowls. “Except for maybe Chazz.”

Dark Magician Girl giggles. “I’m sure he has a kind soul, little princess. Now, can you open a portal so I can go back? I’m sure that Mahaado is worried about me by now.”

Suma nods and quickly opens a portal. “See you, Mana.”

With a grin and a small wave, Mana walks through the portal and back to her home in the Shadow Realm. Once the duel monster is safely through the portal, Suma carefully seals the hole and heads to her dorm room to get some sleep.