Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Duelists of the Elemental Spirits ❯ Chapter 11: Reaching the End ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Suma Muto- Yami/Yugi
Amane, Taro, and Mana Bakura- Ryou/Tama
Yasu and Ammon Khalid- Bakura/Yume
Zahur and Liam, Ophelia, and Salim Ishtar- Malik/Ashling
Ryan and Matsu Ishtar- Mariku/Holly
Chizu and Yukio Kaiba- Seto/Serenity
Jono, Maiko, and Seth and Kevin Wheeler- Joey/Mai

Disclaimer: I still don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. Oh, I also don't own Yu-Gi-Oh!GX. I do own all OC's in this fanfiction. (and boy, are there alot of them!)

-D-U-E-L-I-S-T-S--O-F--T-H-E--E-L-E-M-E-N-T-A-L--S-P- I-R-I-T-S--D-U-E-L-I-S-T-S-

Chapter 11: Reaching the End

Amane carefully folds her last shirt and lays it on top of her other shirts. Then she takes her framed photograph of her family and gently lays it on top of her clothes. With a soft sigh she closes and locks her suitcase and then turns her attention to her two roommates.

Seth appears to be having some trouble with his suitcase, as it keeps flying open and scattering his clothes around the room. This apparently amuses Suma, as, instead of packing her own suitcase, she’s watching Seth fight with his.

‘I hope the others are having better luck.’ Amane things before scanning the room for anything she may have forgotten.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Chizu happily hums as she skips around her room collecting her little dragon figurines that she brought with her. Zahur sits on Chizu’s neatly made bed reading a book. His suitcase sets beside him on the floor.

“Hey, Zahur?” Chizu asks.

“Hmm?”

“Do you regret coming here?” She’s no longer humming and her expression is carefully blank.

Zahur looks up in surprise and sets his book to the side. “What do you mean?”

Chizu sighs and lovingly fingers one of her few crystal dragons. “I mean, you missed an entire year of school by coming here. Isn’t that going to set back your plans? Your goals? Your dream?”

Zahur suddenly chuckles.

“What’s so funny?” Chizu demands almost angrily. Here she is being serious for once and he finds it amusing!

Zahur stops chuckling and looks up at Chizu, his blue eyes glistening in amusement. “Chizu, I’ve been reading books and taking lessons, quizzes, and tests online for the entire year. I’m actually a little ahead if you can believe that.”

Chizu stares at her friend in shock. “You have? I never even noticed! I mean, during normal school years you practically work yourself to death with extra assignments for each of your advanced classes and lose sleep over it! You’ve been perfectly well rested all year. Well, except for when the rest of us kept you up to go over some crazy plan that usually strangely works.”

Zahur grins. “Would you believe I can time travel?”

“Did you just crack a random joke?”

“Did I?”

Chizu laughs and soon Zahur joins in. Laughter is contagious with the Larks.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Liam peers under the bed, his lilac eyes searching for anything unusual. He sneezes and sits up straight. “Not under there.” He mutters.

Ryan falls from a hole in the ceiling, landing heavily on the ground. “Not in the Shadow Realm.”

Somehow, someway, Ryan has lost two of his many precious daggers and Liam has lost one of his few.

Ammon and Jono walk past the door and pause when they see the two looking in every little part of the room that the daggers could possibly be.

“Guys, what are you doing?” Jono asks after a moment.

“We lost our daggers.” Ryan says.

Ammon grins and holds up three ornate daggers. “You mean these?”

Ryan practically growls as he pulls one of his less-favorite daggers off of his belt and throws it at Ammon. The youngest Khalid merely ducks and throws the three daggers in Ryan’s direction. Ryan jumps out of the way and the daggers imbed themselves in the wall.

“Will you guys stop goofing off?” Yasu asks loudly. “The jet has already arrived and Uncle Seto and Aunt Tama are waiting for us.”

Liam carefully tugs the daggers free from the wall and hands two of them to Ryan. “You heard the lady, lets get going.”

And so they set off.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Fifteen minutes later all of the Larks are waiting outside of the jet for Seto and Tama to stop talking to Miss Dorothy.

A thought comes to Amane when Maiko and Yasu begin discussing what they’re going to do once they get home and the albino turns to face Suma. “I’m going to go say goodbye to the others. Can you take my stuff onto the jet for me?”

Suma frowns. “Amane, that’s going to make it harder for you to leave, you know that.”

“Please, Suma.” Amane begs.

Suma gives in. “Alright. I’ll take your stuff, A’ne. Just get back here soon. You know Uncle Seto doesn’t like waiting.”

Amane hugs her friend and then jogs off to the main Dual Academy building, in which Zane and Jaden are against one another for the graduation duel. She silently slips into the room and locates Alexis, Syrus, Bastian, Atticus, and Chazz sitting in the stands. Chumley isn’t with them since he won the card designing contest and is now designing cards for Pegasus. She then makes her way through the stands to the group.

“Hey guys.”

The others look away from the duel taking place.

“Hey, Amane. Where’s everyone else?” Alexis asks.

“Loading up. We’re leaving today. I just came to say goodbye to all of you.” Amane says. “Can you tell Jaden and Zane we all say goodbye?”

“Of course.”

There’s a moment of awkward silence.

“Will you guys be coming back next year?” Syrus asks hopefully.

Amane shakes her head ‘no’. “Truthfully, we weren’t suppose to ever come here because we’re all almost pro’s. All of us have been taught by our parents and we’ve won different tournaments. Suma’s usually the overall champion in our group.”
“Can’t you stay and watch the duel at least?” Alexis asks.

Amane once again shakes her head ‘no’. “I just came to say goodbye. If I take too long then Chizu’s dad will get ticked and send my mom down here to get me.” She hugs everyone except for Chazz and Atticus. Chazz because he glares at her and Atticus because she hasn’t gotten to him yet.

“So… I suppose this is goodbye.” Atticus says.

Amane smiles sadly. “Don’t be silly. This is just a ‘see you later’.” She quickly hugs him and kisses him on the cheek. Then she whirls around and hugs Chazz, whispering, “I’ll miss you too, even if you have been a jerk.”

As she’s walking away she calls over her shoulder, “If you’re ever in Domino City then look us up! Oh, and Chizu’s last name isn’t ‘Shirozaki’ it’s Kaiba!”

The others jaw’s drop and after Amane leaves the arena room Chazz curses.

“I knew Chizu looked familiar.” He mutters. “I’ve met her before. She looks almost exactly like her uncle.”

“So her dad is seriously Seto Kaiba?” Alexis asks.

Chazz nods, not trusting himself enough to speak.

“No wonder he wasn’t here for Christmas.” Bastian muses. “It would have made trouble for all of them.”

They all fall silent and watch as Jaden makes the duel a draw instead of allowing Zane to let him win.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

On the BEWD jet:

Zahur sits beside his twin, quietly going over their plans for when they get home. Across from them are Ammon and Yasu, who are looking over the ‘World Domination’ book that their dad wrote. Behind the two Khalid’s are Jono and Seth and across from them are Chizu and Ryan. Directly behind those two is Maiko. The five of them are playing ‘I Spy’. Across from Maiko are Suma and Amane who are quietly talking about semi-random things. Then Amane opens her duffle bag and Pharaoh jumps out.

“Pharaoh!” The two girls exclaim in unison.

“Meow.” A small glowing sphere escapes Pharaoh’s mouth when he meows and it floats up to Amane and Suma’s eye level.

“Hello children.”

Amane shrieks and attempts to hide behind Suma. “Ghost!”

“Amane! Stop it!” Suma exclaims, slightly freaked out. “Aunt Tama! Help me!”

The door to the cockpit opens and Tama steps out with a puzzled expression on her face. “Amane, what on Earth…?” She sighs when she sees the floating orb and walks forward until she’s about two feet from it. “Hello?”

By now this has attracted the attention of everyone on the jet.

“Hello, Mrs. Bakura.” The soul says.

“Professor Banner?” Tama questions. “May I ask exactly why you’re nothing but a soul?”

Banner is silent for a minute. “When I was younger I cam across a tomb in Egypt and was cursed. I then began dabbling in alchemy and created a new body for myself. When you met me I was nothing more than a homunculus.” (1)

“Ah, so that was the strange feeling Yume mentioned.” Tama murmurs. “Say, Professor Banner, if there was a chance for you to get an artificial body, would you take it?”

“If I could.”

Tama smiles. “My brother and Seto have joined together to try and create an artificial body for Seto’s step-brother Noa. (2) I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem to create one for you as well. For now, Pharaoh will be your protection.”

A feeling of relief comes from Banner’s soul. “Thank you.”

-D-U-E-L-I-S-T-S--O-F--T-H-E--E-L-E-M-E-N-T-A-L- -S-P-I-R-I-T-S--D-U-E-L-I-S-T-S-

(1) I can't remember exactly what happened, but I think I got pretty close.

(2) Another piece of information where my memory is hazy, but I belief Mokuba told Noa something about getting Seto to build an artificial body for him. I dunno though, maybe I picked this up from some random fanfiction like usual. O.o

0-0-0-0

Shiro: Just one more chapter, everyone! And then some deleted scene "chapters" for those of you wanting to read about Yami sending Bakura, Yume, and Mariku to the Shadow Realm.