Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Everybody's Sue ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Iris: Dedicated to hard working fanfic authors who strive to keep their characters from being Mary-Sues/Gary-Stus.

***

A girl entered the halls of Domino High. She had waist-length, straight blonde hair, soft blue eyes, and was wearing a bright pink halter top that almost didn't contain her voluptuous chest, a pink denim miniskirt that was shredded at the bottom, and pink Skechers high-heels (yes, these exist. *death*). She was the new transfer student from America, rumor had it that she started quite a debate over her good-looks and angelic voice. The hallway was almost silent, the only sound was the new girl's 3" heels clicking on the tile, and the by-standers divided like the Red Sea to let her pass.

Perfect by nature
Icons of self indulgence
Just what we all need
More lies about a world that
Never was and never will be
Have you no shame don't you see me
You know you've got everybody fooled


"Ohayou gozaimasu, minna-san!", the new girl said, "My name is Maxine Jasmine Pegasus, heir to the Pegasus Fortune. Maximillion Pegasus was my older brother."

"I can't believe that she is actually here. At our school." Joey whispered to Duke, "I heard that she caused boys and girls alike to kill themselves."

"That's hard to believe. How can a simple girl..." Duke stopped short. As Maxine passed by them, Joey and Duke found themselves compelled to bow and drool at her beauty. She stopped at them, forced Duke up with the toe of her shoe, and smiled.

"You're awfully adoreable... and now you're mine." Maxine said. Duke mumbled drunkly and nodded in agreement.

Look here she comes now
Bow down and stare in wonder
Oh how we love you
No flaws when you're pretending
But now I know she
Never was and never will be
You don't know how you've betrayed me
And somehow you've got everybody fooled


The girls in the hall began to protest, but a loud 'Halt!' silenced them. Down the hall, opposite Maxine was another girl with short, unkempt black hair that was held back by a blood stained headband and dark brown eyes, wearing a long, blue shirt and blue jeans with two sky blue stripes down either side. In the other girl's hand was a sliding box cutter knife. The blade slid out slowly as she walked towards the new student.

"I will not allow you to defile our school... Mary-sue!"

"And who are you?"

"Iris Sun, resident fanfic author." The blade glinted in the fluorescent lights as Iris grabbed Maxine's hair and hacked at it. This treatment left her hair ear-length and slowly turning a plain shade of brown. Iris then slit the blade across Maxine's eyes. There was no evidence of the blade, but her eyes turned a dark jade. The terrified student tried to run, but as she turned away, Iris slit the knife up her back. Maxine was paralyzed. She fell to her knees as her halter top unfolded into a red, long sleeved button-up shirt that modestly hid her B/32 bra. The unraveled strands of the miniskirt started to weave together and became cameo flares. As the flares touched the shoes, the heels broke off and they became plain black Skechers sneakers.

Without the mask where will you hide
Can't find yourself lost in your lies
I know the truth now
I know who you are
And I don't love you anymore


The student gasped at the transformation of the new girl. Iris was triumphant, but her hands and wrist were scarred and marked with Maxine's and her own blood. The boys snapped out of their trances and the girls began to worry about Maxine. Maxine was sobbing, holding her lightly scarred hands to her face. She couldn't believe what she had become. Her mind was filled with dark and neutral thoughts about everyone around her. She saw everyone for who they were, but she had no clue who or what she was.

It never was and never will be
You don't know how you betrayed me
And somehow you've got everbody fooled


The words were inaudible, over the background music, to the bystanders as the newly slaughtered Mary-sue and the author argued. Maxine cried and screamed. Iris shouted and pointed with her knife that was covered in blood and ink.

It never was and never will be
You're not real and you can't save me
And somehow now you're everybody's fool

"You're only human!" Iris said, "You have flaws, desires that can't be filled, people you hate, people who hate you! You are the only one of yourself..."

"But.." Maxine murmured, still frightened by her tomboyish accent, "Who am I?!"

"You're an original character who was developed and cared for by a hardworking author." Iris tilted her head back and dropped the knife as she lost consciousness. The students leapt to catch her, but Maxine... no Shukuro... knew that they could never help her. Shukuro's green eyes watched the knife steadily. It hit the ground once, bounced, then became a black mechanical pencil as it lay silently on the floor. The girl reached out and picked it up.

"I am... Shukuro Taijiri." she said quietly. The pencil turned back into a knife, only it lacked the signs of the earlier incident. She looked at the handle and saw the intials of 'I.S.' fade and 'S.T.' take its place, "... resident fanfic author..."

*~*Fin*~*