Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faith of Wicca ❯ Veritatis ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Veritatis (truth)...

A/N: umm...I felt like posting this chapter cause I already had it typed after posting the last one...it's a bit longer, but I think it should be interesting...and if you are gonna be constanly reading this fanfic, check every 2 or 3 days for new chapters!

It was the day after her intuitions and premonitions. She was tenser than ever, especially around Don. Yugi and his friends have attempted to befriend her but she seemed to refuse their acceptance. Everyone else never talked to her much because she was somewhat different to them. They didn't like how she was so quiet and elusive at times. The girls hated her because she was prettier than they were. And the guys resented her for turning them down when they asked her to be their girlfriend. A group of guys actually tried to rape her but they ended up answering to the wrath of Asunta. She was a fighter, a good one, though perhaps not as good as Seto Kaiba, who was like the only guy who actually left her alone.

During their break or "lunchtime" or whatever...Tea worked up the courage to carry a conversation with Asunta. It was only her, no one else.

"Hey Asunta!" Tea said happily.

"Hey."

Asunta realized that she needed friends but not close friends. Just someone to talk to. Especially since Don was acting so suspicious.

"Umm...Asunta? I...err...are you a witch...?"

"...hmmm...? Is it another rumor?"

"No, no. Well, sorta...yes? But really, I see you reading spellbooks and your star thingy..."

"This?" Asunta held her pendant up. "It's called a pentacle."

"Oh...sorry, and...hey, what's that?" Tea asked when she saw another small ornament hanging from Asunta's chain.

"It's just a cross. I'm half Wiccan and half Catholic."

"Oh...what's Wiccan?"

"Wiccan is like a whole other religion...for witches and wiccas...ect. And Wiccas are different witches. So basically, yeah, I'm a witch."

"O...k..." said Tea, almost scared.

"You're not shocked are you? It's not like I go running around flying on a broomstick turning princes to frogs or anything...!"

"NO! OF COURSE NOT!!!"

Then the two of them laughed. "Hey...you're laughing!" Tea said happily.

"Well you made me!"

And the conversation went on until class started again. It was their drama/lang. arts class again and Asunta wasn't feeling well. She walked in the classroom and fell into her seat. Tea could tell that she wasn't feeling well but she didn't ask.

"All right class, today I will show you a video instead of reading out of a novel," said the teacher, unaware of Asunta's lack of energy. "Light's please!"

Then the video started. Asunta tried her best to keep her eyes open but it was too much. She rested her forehead on her hand and tried to stay awake. She wasn't sleepy, she was weakening. Then Seto saw her fatigued look. She lost to her mind's will and closed her eyes. Then she fell over, out of her desk. But before she landed on the floor, Seto caught her.

"Asunta!" Tea called.

"What happened?" the teacher asked, very concerned.

At the moment, every student was staring, awed at what just happened.

"She fainted!!" cried one of the girls.

Noticing that Asunta was slightly sweating, he felt her forehead and pulled his hand away. "She's burning up."

"Asunta, are you ok? Wake up," Tea said with fear. "She's unconscious..."

Then the teacher ran to her desk and called the office. Moments later an ambulance came. Asunta was lifted onto a stretcher and carried away.

A/N: Ok, I don't think an ambulance would come just cause someone fainted, but my cousin collapsed at school once and he was sent away by an ambulance...

* * *

After school ended...

The doorbell rang... Mikey answered the door. "Hey! Seto! What'cha doing here?" Mikey said, delighted to see his friend's older brother.

"Is Asunta here? I need to give her an assignment from class. What happened to her anyway?" Seto asked.

"I don't know...I think it was just a fever," Mikey replied with doubt.

"Well, where is she? I need to talk to her."

"This way..." Mikey grabbed Seto's arm and pulled him upstairs. They walked up to the second floor and turned right. Then Mikey stopped. "Shh...follow me. But you have to be really quiet." he whispered. Mikey walked quietly into Asunta's room.

She was sitting on the floor, on her knees. Both her hands were laid on her knees. She was dressed in all black again, black sweater, black long skirt. She sat at the center of a pentacle drawn on the floor. There was a candle at all 5 angles of the star. The one on top was white, to the right was a brown one, to the left was a blue one, to the bottom right was a red one, and to the bottom left was a green one. Each one was lit. Asunta was in a deep trance and was chanting something. The only words Seto heard were, "Terra, Ignus, Ventus, et Aqua surgite et inventite...caelum...Lamia...". (it's all in Latin...)

"She's meditating," whispered Mikey. And he left the room.

Seto walked quietly to her and tapped her shoulder lightly. "Asunta...?"

With that, her eyes shot open and her chant ended with a shocked gasp. Then she stroked her forehead and asked, "Kaiba, what are you doing here?".

"An assignment from Language Arts, 8 page report on this," and he handed her a book...a rather thick one...

"What a teacher...I just got back from the hospital and she's still drowning me with essays...typical," Asunta said sarcastically. "Thanks, I suppose..."

"I have to get back home-" Seto said but was interrupted.

"Kaiba Corp., yeah, I know...just go," she said.

"Just one question, why are you always dressed in black when you're not in your uniform?" he asked, really curious.

"You don't seem like the type who would ask that...but, it's just the way I dress and also it's kinda traditional for a wiccan to look a bit gloomy in some way."

He nodded and left and Mikey came back. "Aww...hey! I was gonna ask him something! Why did you scare him away with your witch mumbo-jumbo!?" Mikey whined.

"Idiot..." Asunta thought. Then she blew out the candles and said, "It's time for your daily noogies!!!".

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!! I'M SORRYYYYYYYYYY!!!" Mikey screamed as he ran out of the room.

* * *

Later that night...

It was 2 in the morning and Asunta couldn't sleep knowing that Erika was gone until tomorrow morning. She couldn't think about what could happen if she and Mikey were alone with Don. So it was time to put her mind to work. She thought of a plan that would perhaps help her. First, she got changed into her all black clothes as usual. This time, she wore a sleeveless black shirt, and black roomy pants that were like denim but thinner. Her pants ended a bit high, like above ankle length. She took her deck of cards and stuck them securely into her cardholder that was attached to her belt. No one knew she was a duelist, not even Mikey. Her pendant was still around her neck and her watch was on her right wrist. She took all her money, which amounted to like $200 and shoved it all in her wallet, which was chained to her belt and placed in her pocket.

Then she walked quietly out of the room. She crept to Don's room, checked if he was there, sleeping. He was lying in his bed, snoring. Then she slowly walked to the drawer where Don left his car keys, and quietly took them. They jingled and it was clearly heard. Then Don shifted and Asunta was scared and dropped the keys. Then she made another attempt to take them. She bent over, and grabbed the keys and ran out silently.

Then she ran to Mikey's room. She woke him up and told him about her premonitions. He trusted her and followed her out to the garage. She started the car.

"What are you doing? You can't drive. And it's raining really hard," Mikey said, worried.

"It's ok. I know how to drive even though this is my first time...but we have to go, now," Asunta told him. "We should leave now or Don will wake up."

"Ok."

They both got into the car and she opened the garage door. Then Don's eyes shot open when he heard the door's motor. Asunta drove off and kept driving for about 5 minutes until she got pulled over by a police officer. "...shit...I don't have a damn license...we are freakin screwed..." Asunta murmured to herself.

"Excuse me Miss, I know it's raining hard but you just missed a stop sign back there..." he said in a friendly voice.

"Oh, umm...I-" she started to say.

"And-who's that? Miss, may I see your license please?" he asked, now suspicious.

"Oh, err...it's..." she said, unsure of what to do...

"I'm sorry but I'll have ask you to step out please," he said now a little aggravated.

Just then, Asunta saw another car pull up behind. She was now dismayed. "Crap, it's Don..." she thought out loud. "I'm dead..."

"Excuse me officer, this is my daughter and she's the trouble-making type...teens," Don lied.

"Damn liar..." Asunta whispered at him as she glared.

"Ok, I'll let you handle this, good night sir," then the officer left.

"Mikey, be a sport and sit in back ok? Whatever Asunta said to you about me were lies ok? She's troubled and she is just lying," he reassured Mikey. Mikey was naive so he now trusted Don.

"Scoot over bitch," he whispered maliciously to Asunta. She did so and was nearly crying.

He drove them back to the house and told Mikey to go to his room. After Mikey left, he turned to Asunta. "You whore! What the hell were you thinking?!!" he was yelling now.

"I'm not stupid! I know what you're up to and I'LL NEVER TELL YOU ANYTHING!!!" she yelled furiously back at him.

Then he slapped her. "BITCH!!!!!"

Asunta fell to the wet ground and kicked him so that he would fall too. Then she made a run for it. But she was too scared to run quick enough so she was tackled and fell to the ground again. Then Don grabbed her by the hair and pulled her in the house. He ran with his grip still on the hair to the kitchen and opened a cabinet full of needles and bottles with morphine inside. He slapped her again to shut her up. Then he took a needle and filled it with some morphine. He injected her in her left wrist. And she became unconscious. He took all the stuff and shoved it into the cabinet again.

"Mikey! Come down here!" Don yelled.

"Yeah? Hey, what happened to Asunta?" he asked as he saw her lying on the ground.

"She slipped and fell, that's all," he reassured him, lying again. Can you help me carry her to her room?"

"Ok," he answered.

Then Asunta was sleeping soundly in her room again. No one knew what had happened and now, no one could help her. She felt helpless. And now, she was dreaming about her mother...

A/N: YES!!! Now we get to the suspense, but it won't stay suspense...and then after like chap 4 or 5 it'll be more adventure-like... ummm...lesse, I would like to say that I could draw Asunta and Mikey, but I don't have a scanner...and...nevermind...OK, the genre I chose for this story (suspense, romance, adventure) suspense will only take place in the beginning, romance...probably way later, and adventure, when I start including actual events from the series...I'm sleepy, it's like 2 am and my mom keeps comin out every 20 minutes reminding me to brush my teeth!!! ME HUNGRY!! I NEED A YUMMY IN MY TUMMY...