Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faith of Wicca ❯ A Change ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Damn...I'm REALLY losing the readers...

Disclaimer: Don't own them, yugioh...the characters...

Seto: Let go please...

UltimaWitch: Why? I love you!!! Are you being mean again???

Seto: O_O NO!!! NOOOO!!!! I err...I, I'm just...erm, I...like you...too...

UltimaWitch: Really? Let's pretend that whenever my next chapter is posted, that'll be my birthday!!!

Seto: Sure thing...just be happy but not cheerful...

Yami Yugi: ...yeah...she'll murder for sure...

A/N: Ok...I'll be working on my other fics soon...and if you haven't done so, please read my fic "The Dragon Master's Apprentice". I'm sure you'll find it ok if you are reading this one and got this far...PLEASE!!! IT'S GOOD! I SWEAR IT!!!

A Change

Seto remembered the tablet Isis showed to him. It had an image of Yugi and himself depicted on it. It was some kind of conflict. There were also images of several cards too. Then his attention was drawn back towards the Rare Hunters. The one that called hung up and instantly fell to the ground. Then the other one was being controlled by the same person again.

"If you fear for your dear friend's life...then you shall find him and engage in a duel!" the Rare Hunter said, then he dropped to the ground like his partner had.

Yugi was worried now. He switched to his normal self and ran off.

"WAIT!!! Yugi! You still don't know where they are!!!" Asunta shouted to him.

Yugi then stopped and ran back. "Well, where are they then???"

Asunta had performed the spell during the duel. So she already knew where Joey and Bakura were. "It's strange...one moment, they're together...and now...Bakura is at the hospital. Joey...I don't really know. He's just off somewhere."

"WHERE!!!?? I HAVE TO KNOW!!!" Yugi begged.

"Please, calm down. Follow me," Asunta replied calmly.

She ran off with Yugi, Seto, and Mokuba following behind. Then they ran until they stopped at the harbor. Joey stood there alone. He had his duel disk and deck with him. He only eyed Yugi.

"Joey?" he asked.

He didn't reply.

"Where's Bakura???"

Joey still stayed silent. Then Tea appeared out from the shadows. She seemed lifeless too.

"You are to duel your friend," a voice from behind spoke.

They all turned around, only to see two of Malik's henchmen.

"NO!!! I won't!" Yugi shouted.

Then Tea put a capsule between her lips.

"Duel him or she dies..."

Yugi felt like crying now...he didn't want to duel his best friend, but if he didn't, then both Joey and Tea would die.

"FINE!!! IF I WIN, THEN YOU LET THEM GO AND RETURN THEM TO NORMAL!!!" Yugi demanded.

"Who said that? You win, you live and he dies. You lose, he lives and you die!"

"WHAT??? THAT IS NOT FAIR!!! WHY?!?!"

"Shut the hell up and start the duel, NOW!!!"

Yugi then switched to Yami and drew out his disk. Then Seto looked at Yugi's expression. It showed him to leave. So he did so, but just as he took Mokuba's hand, one of the henchmen grabbed Mokuba away and pointed a knife at the child.

"None of you leave!!!" the man warned.

Mokuba stared at the glimmering knife, he dared not struggle. Seto only glared at the man and scowled, swearing that he'd be a dead man after Yugi was through.

Then Tea fell down unconscious.

"TEA!!!" Yugi shouted.

"She's fine...now duel!"

Yugi glared and started reluctantly.

As the duel continued, Yugi tried talking some sense into Joey, hoping that it would return him back to normal. The attempts failed. Then after they dueled for a while, a car drove up to the group. It was Mai's car. Tristan and Serenity were with her.

Everyone except the possessed Joey and Tea looked at the arriving group. The two henchmen didn't look surprised.

"We were looking for Tea. She just ran off after we got some weird phone call," Tristan explained.

"Oh, hey. Aren't you that girl we saw at the hospital?" Serenity asked.

Asunta's head tilted. "Yeah...I suppose. And you are..."

"This really doesn't seem to be the time for introductions but I'm Serenity, Joey's little sister."

Asunta nodded and shook hands with her.

"Don't worry Yugi! Your Grandpa is with Bakura at the hospital!!!" Mai yelled out to Yugi. "Keep dueling!!!" she encouraged. "You have to get him back..." she thought.

Then they all just watched the duel. Seto kept a close eye on his brother, making sure he didn't lose him again. Then Yugi managed to draw the Red-eyes Black Dragon. It was Joey's Red-eyes. He had given it to Yugi when he beat the first Rare Hunter he encountered. It was a "thank you" from Joey.

"Joey's Red-eyes...he gave it to me...out of trust and friendship...maybe I can bring him back by reminding him of our friendship..."

"Hurry and make a move!" the possessed Joey ordered.

Yugi hesitated. He wasn't sure of what to do. He played the Red-eyes anyway. "Listen to me Joey! You're being controlled by a Millennium Item! FIGHT IT!!!"

Joey's eyes narrowed. He stared at Yugi, and then at his Red-eyes.

"JOEY!!! Listen to my voice. It's me, Serenity..." she said, walking closer to the dueling ground.

"Serenity, be careful!" Tristan warned.

"It's me...don't you recognize me?"

Joey still said nothing. Nut his sister could tell that he was starting to come back. She saw it in his eyes. "It's me...Joey, you have to fight it!"

Joey still didn't really show anything.

Now Seto was well aware of what to do in this predicament. It seemed hopeless; at the rate the duel was going, both of them were gonna die. And he had to save Mokuba. He quickly took the first card on his deck, the Blue-eyes White Dragon, and threw it into one of the henchmen's hand. He caught it and let go of Mokuba as a reflex.

"RUN MOKUBA!!!" Seto shouted. So the little guy stood up and ran away. The Rare Hunters then went after him. Tristan tackled one of them, but the other got away and was searching for Mokuba.

Mokuba ran as quick as he could, trying to get away from the man. He then saw a large crowd of people. They weren't duelists. They were watching something. He decided to find safety there, so he ran into the crowd and tripped. Mokuba fell flat on his face and in the center of the crowd. Everyone gasped at him. A young girl, the street performer that everyone was watching, stopped her act and turned to look at the boy who had just fallen behind her.

"Oh dear...are you all right?" she asked while kneeling down to help him. She picked Mokuba up and swept the dirt and dust off of him.

"I'm fine, but you have to help me!"

"What? Are you lost? I can help you look for your mommy."

"No, it's not that!" Mokuba tried to explain but the Rare Hunter shoved his way through the crowd and jumped at Mokuba. The girl instantly grabbed him away and pulled the boy behind her.

"What do you want with him???" she demanded an answer.

"None of your business, now step aside!!!"

The girl glared at him and had her staff ready for some beating. The crowd was now watching with eagerness to see what happens. Then the man lunged at her. She jumped to the side and bashed him on the head with her staff. The man fell down but wasn't anywhere ready to quit.

"Err...sorry ladies and gentlemen! But...ahh...I must leave! I will be outside of the city park later this afternoon! BYE!!!" she announced quickly as she tried to think of an excuse for leaving so suddenly. Then she took her duel disk and grabbed Mokuba's hand and ran off, leaving the man behind. She was a fast runner, Mokuba couldn't keep up. So she picked him up into an embrace and ran. The girl hid in an alley and watched the man stomp away, realizing that he couldn't have found them now.

Then they both sighed. "Thank you Miss," Mokuba said.

"Oh, no problem!" she replied and smiled warmly. She was very friendly and dressed a bit unusually.

"So who are you and can you help me?"

The girl's face went blank. "Well, umm...I'm a...you really don't know who I am?" she asked.

"No...I don't think so..."

She then scratched her head. "Gee...this kid doesn't know..." she thought. "Well, umm...maybe you can go to the city park later and watch me! Then you'll know!" she said.

"Ok...but what I tried to say before was that my big brother and my friends need some help...but we ran so far away that I don't remember where they are now..." Mokuba explained.

"Oh, I would help you look for them...but ahh...I'm gonna-"

"Oh please Miss!!! PLEASE!!! You have to help me!!!" Mokuba begged.

The girl didn't know what to do. She stared at the seemingly crying Mokuba on the ground. "Aww...he's so adorable...I can't let him do this alone...whatever it is..." she thought. "Ok, I guess. But I'll have to leave as soon as we find them ok?"

"OK! They were at the harbor when I last saw them."

The girl nodded and took his hand. She put on her duel disk and held her staff in one hand. Then they left in search of the others.

* * *

Meanwhile...

With the Rare Hunter unconscious, and Tea safe from harm, they had to find a way to bring Joey back. Seto however, went off to look for his brother. Mai insisted for herself to go look for him using her own car. So she left on her own. Yugi's Millennium Puzzle then started to glow. Joey had to shield his eyes from the light.

It was normal Yugi speaking now. "Joey, it's us. We're you're friends...remember?" he said. Yugi walked up to him.

Joey still shielded his eyes. "Listen to me! You have to fight it!! You have to try to get rid of whoever that's trying to control you!!!" he kept shouting.

Tea, who already woke up, and Tristan were very worried. "Man...ahh..." Joey called out as the light still blinded him.

"Can't you help Yugi cast some spell?" Tea asked.

She nodded a "no".

Yugi switched to Yami again. "YOU! The presence inside of Joey! LET HIM GO!!!" he shouted.

Joey then held his head and yelled out in agony. The light faded and both Joey and the normal Yugi fell to the ground on their knees.

"Joey?" he asked.

He smirked. "Man, I can always count on you buddy..."

The Yugi, Tea, Serenity, and Tristan smiled. Joey got up again and they all waited for Mai to return.

* * *

Meanwhile...

The girl was still walking with Mokuba. Her hands were folded on the back side of her head. She was looking around and waiting for Mokuba to give a shout of some sort saying, "Over there! That's them over there!!!". She was obviously a bit bored and she wanted to leave, but looking at Mokuba's sad face face her want to stay.

Mokuba looked around and saw a familiar car. He paused for a moment to get a look. "It's Mai!!!" he shouted while pointing at her car.

"Ok, so I can leave now, right?" the girl asked.

"Yeah! Thanks!"

It was indeed Mai, and she saw Mokuba. But the girl had already left before she spotted him. She stopped where he was and let him get on. "Oi...where were you??? How did you even get this far out???" Mai asked.

"Some girl helped me out. She left though!"

"Oh...well, we have to get back now."

"Ok!"

A/N: A-HAH!!! Never mentioned her name! She's an anonymous savior!!! Err...got no song this time...