Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angel ❯ Past Returning ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey There! This is Rain again, trying to make sure you can read everything I type! Anyway, I think you'll like the twist this story is gonna have! I can't wait , lemme tell you! Now if I only had reviewers....cough cough.....save for one person(muchas gracias), I'd be a lucky chica. But enough of my blabbering... it's fic time!

I don't own Yugioh that's why it's on a fanfiction site, cuz I ain't that good.... but still, you're reading this so I guess it can't be that bad....

Fallen Angel~Chapter 3

*^*^*^*^*^

Tea's cell phone rang for the fourth time in a row. She was trying to get her homework done before Mokuba wanted her to play with her. Something told her to answer it so that it would stop. Besides, it wasn't like she didn't already know everything about the classes she took already. Her mother had taught her everything by the time she was ten years old.Giving in, she answered.

"Miss Gardner, it's Leroy. remember me?" Tea's head nearly exploded. She hadn't talked to this man since "the accident". Quite frankly, if she never talked to him again, it would be a good amen. This man was always business so something bad had to be going on.

"What do you need me for? I though that this ended when I was ten. I thought you were done tracking me Agent Leroy." She didn't speak disrespectfully, but her voice was extremely bitter.

"I know Tea, but there's been a development. Since you've gotten away, their after you. This is very serious. I thought you knew that you could never run from this. No games anymore. They want you just as dead as Hally and Rich." His voice sounded like a low whisper, but forceful.

"I know that this will always be my life until they are dead. Or in jail. But what kind of development is so serious that you have to endanger the lives around me. If you've been tracking me, you know that I live with Seto and Mokuba Kaiba. They can not be drawn into this. I thought I killed him though."

"Yes well the international terrorists we've brought in tell us different. Jerry MalKida is very alive." The man paused. "We've both saw him shot and seen him dead. They still insist that he is alive and well. They have proof Tea. The man is alive, and he's after you. You're the last link. The CIA told me the terrorists we've caught say that he's in town. However, his organization is carrying out his bidding so we have to be on high alert. He'll probably target the Kaiba brother's because you're with them. Are you ready for this?" He asked. "We can still put you under WPP(witness protection program)."

"Yeah and he'll still go after the Kaibas. I can't run from him anyways. He's got henchmen around the world. But he had to get information somewhere. Someone in Domino. Though no one knows about it.You know who my friends are. Look into them. Kaiba and Mokuba need to know. They're probably stuck in this now." She seemed guilty from Leroy's point of view."We've probably been seen. At least me and Seto. There's no way around it, the way we drove through the city yesterday."

"Well you should tell them. Not everything. Information in this case is probably the key. We need to track this guy down before he gets to anyone else. Probably the best thing to do would be to give Seto Kaiba the least amount of information as possible."

"But what about his stepfather? Gosaboro was involved. I bet on some computer in Kaibacorp, there's some information that we can use. I'll bet Kaiba could get us the information that we need." Tea said, feeling a flutter of hope.

"Yeah sure, but who would you have to go through to get it? There are probably spies that you'll need to go through to reach that information. But it will be easier if you lay low and don't cause any trouble. Go to school, do everything you usually do, just keep an eye out for anything wierd. Killing Kaiba would be good for MalKida. So make sure you look out for carbombs and stuff like that. I'll be checking up on you."

"Okay Leroy. Keep me posted on any new developments." The line went dead.Tea's head was spinning. She hadn't thought that MalKida was alive. He's dead. When he'd come to NYC seven years ago, in person, he'd slaughtered her parents, right in front of her. She'd been lucky. If she hadn't found the gun under the seat of her dad's car, she'd be six feet under right now. Lucky for her, her mom and dad had been in the CIA, and taught her basic training skills so that she could defent herself. Being the daughter of CIA agents was probably the hardest thing to be. Everyone who wanted revenge on Hally and Rich Gardner took it out on her. But she'd fired the shot that killed him. She'd never forget that face. Then it hit her. He's just like Saddam Hussein. He's got loyal worshipers that get plastic surgery to look just like him. That man is a sadistic power hungry madman. Kinda like Seto in battle city. Oh shit! I just called him Seto again...don't slip like that in public Tea he'll be the one to kill you.

*^*^*^*^*^

Mokuba was still pondering over Seto's actions the previous day. One minute he seemed to hater her, then he was her friend, as wierd as it sounds. Now, he was in his office, working himself through exhaustion. It was always the same. Already it was nine o'clock at night, and Seto was still working. Maybe Tea could tell Seto to pack it in and watch the Friday night movie with them. Hopefully, he'll listen to her.Mokuba walked out of his room and into the hallway, stopping at Tea's door. He knocked, then stuck his head in."Tea? It's Mokuba, can I come in?" The little boy asked

"Yeah." She said, breathlessly. Mokuba sat next to her. She looked rather upset, and mokuba was going to find out why.

"What's wrong? You look upset." He said gently, slipping his hand into hers."You can tell me."

"Nothings wrong. I just got a lot on my mind."I don't think Set-er-Kaiba would want Mokuba to know that there's a terrorist organization after me. As long as they don't harm him or Kaiba. Why do I care so goddamn much about him?

"Suuurrree." Mokuba said like he was convinced. "What are you thinking about then Tea?"

"My parents." She looked at Mokuba, "You know how it is, not having them. I was just thinking about them. It's been awhile since I auctually thought about them..." She trailed off.

"I thought you lived with them."Seto heard Mokuba say. He was going to go ask his brother about watching a movie with him...and Tea...if she wanted to that is. Luckily he wasn't heard.

"No. Not since I was about ten years old." She paused. 'That's not something I think you should hear." Seto nearly fell over. That must've been what she meant in the club. And when she was dancing. That's the part of her that makes us alike. But what about how Mokuba shouldn't hear that story? It couldn't be that bad. Murder probably. At least she wasn't going to corrupt his thoughts before he went to bed. If she told him, God only knows what type of conversation would ensue. It wouldn't end. She's pretty smart and cute...Seto, quit complimenting her!!! 'Face it you've fallen for her' the second voice in his head said. Once again arguing followed.Eventually the second voice was gone. Mokuba was practically at the door of her bedroom, so Seto bolted for the stairs, so it didn't look like he'd been spying. Tea noticed his movements, part of her alert state of mind.

"Oh hey Seto!" Mokuba said, excited."Wanna come and watch a movie with Tea and me?" Mokuba was practically jumping up and down "Please please please Big Brother!!" Mokuba was preparing to use the puppy dog eyes when he noticed Seto already downstairs. "Hey Seto! I still happen to be talking to you." Mokuba said annoyed, chasing his brother down the stairs.

"I figured I could go get the popcorn before you figured out I was gone." Kaiba said with a sly smile.Tea was right behind him. The girl grabbed the popcorn bag and threw it to Seto, who put it in the microwave and set the timer. Mokuba ran upstairs carrying a box of candy, saying he would set everything up. Seto took out the bowl, dumped the contents of the puffed out bag and went to take it upstairs, but Tea put a hand on his shoulder. He flinched, not used to someone other than his little brother touching him. Tea felt after he flinched, he relaxed, not like Seto Kaiba. He had no smart comment, no death glare, no nothing. She smilied.

"I need to talk to you sometime. In private. There's something you need to know."

"If it's about your parents, I already know you're like us." He said softly, very very uncharacteristic for Kaiba.

"Well about that..." She stopped, thinking carefully about her choice of words. "It's really complicated. And it's not over yet."

"Okay," He said, unsure about where to go with it. She seemed troubled about something, and he despreratly wanted to know what. "We should go upstairs. Mokuba probaby finished off the candy already."

"Yeah. Oh and Kaiba?"

"What's up."

"You really need to learn how to sneak away before someone turns the door handle." Tea laughed, took a piece of popcorn from the bowl in his hands, and ate it. She walked upstairs, Seto following the brunette.

*^*^*^*^*^

"Guys, that was an awesome movie!" Mokuba said, bouncing up and down. It was funny, seeing how it was eleven pm and he was still hyper. He turned around to face his brother and Tea, who were sitting on the couch in the beginning of the movie, but now...Mokuba ran into his room and grabbed the camcorder. Sneaking back in quietly, he made sure he had it on and a new tape ready. Now if this wasn't a better movie, nothing was.

Both had been sitting next to each other, but now were asleep. Seto had been on the end, so he'd had his head on the arm of the couch. How they both got this way, the kid had no idea. Seto was laying next to Tea, who was on the outside of the couch. That would've been blackmail enough, had Seto not wrapped his arms around her, holding her tightly like a teddy bear. (an:awwww!!!) Both teens had smiles on their faces, like the kind you have when you have a really good dream. He smilied. Not once in his life had Seto had that kind of a smile on his face. Not ever. Mokuba figured that his brother could use a girl in his life, and whether he was going to admit to it or not, they were cute together. He grabbed a large blanket and threw it over them, before going to his room to get some sleep. Maybe for once, his brother would sleep just as good as the rest of them.

*^*^*^*^*^

His eyes opened, just the slightest bit. No alarm clock, nothing. Except for the bird chirping outside the window. He was about to move, when he realized...this isn't his bed. Hell, it wasn't even a bed. Tea...we were watching a movie. I must have fell asleep. But wait...she fell asleep before I did...I think...aww shit.He got up, noticing that next to him was still warm from her body heat, and smelled faintly of her perfume. Then he realized that he hadn't slept like that in....er....um never. And apparently it felt good.

He walked downstairs, only to find her sitting on the bench by the gardens.Leave it to Kaiba to live in New York City and have a park in his backyard. A private park. Apparently, she didn't notice him.He put both hands on her back, thinking that it was probably the best way to keep from scaring her. She must have known his touch apart.

"Morning Kaiba,"She said calmly. She acted like nothing had happened that night."Sleep well?" She asked, no sarcasm to be heard. Either that or Kaiba wasn't fully awake yet.

"I guess. For having you friggen trap me next to you the whole Goddamn night." He spat.

Tea looked like she was going to laugh. "Funny, I had to pry your arms apart, seeing how you had me in a rather tight hug." She said, unembarassed.

"You didn't wake me up." He said, trying to lay the blame on her.

"Well I didn't exactally wake up til seven am, and besides. You looked so peaceful. Don't get to sleep like that often. At least you don't seem to." Tea said, no sarcasm. "Maybe if you didn't work so hard, you'd auctually get a decent night's sleep. Maybe then you wouldn't be such a grouch." She looked him in the eye, challenging his glare, then smilied. "Hey, that's just me. But your little brother agrees. He really misses you." Tea got up and walked to the sliding glass door. She turned. "I've seen you be one hell of a brother. He idolizes you. Maybe if you were more of a brother instead of-"

"I don't need you telling me how to live my life Gardner. Stay the fuck out of it. you don't have any idea what it's like."

"Yeah I don't. when my parents died, they took my little sister with them." She turned and ran into the mansion, crying.

*^*^*^*^*^

What'd ya think? Got any ideas, comments, leave me a review and I'll see what I can do. If you got any Ideas for some songs I can use, let me know. anyways, R&R

See Ya

Rain