Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Family Bonds ❯ Interlude Two: Halloween/Samhain ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Interlude Two: Holiday 1- Halloween/Samhain

Virginia- October 31, 2005

Holly, Liam, Ashling, and Nixx are at school early in the morning on Halloween and are walking to their usual morning spot while holding something of a conversation. Holly, Liam, and Ashling are all dressed up and Nixx is just wearing orange and black.

Holly has on a black skirt and a blue shirt with long bell-sleeves and a black witches hat atop her head.

Ashling’s wearing a black dress with long sleeves that look shredded and she has on her boots and a belt around her waist. A witches hat sits atop her head.

Liam is wearing black jeans and a shirt and has a black cloak thrown on overtop. He has a witches hat as well and it’s in black.

“I love Halloween!” Holly happily sings as she spins around once in a circle.

“I thought you three were going to start calling it ‘sewing’ or something.” Nixx comments.

“It’s Samhain, Nixx.” Ashling corrects. “Samhain. And while Halloween and Samhain fall on the same day, the two holidays are almost entirely different.”

“Yeah, Halloween is mainly a Christian holiday where people dress up and throw parties and little kids dress up and get candy.” Liam says.

Nixx raises an eyebrow as he drops his book bag on the ground by the rail their group gathers around each morning. “So what’s Samhain again?”

“Samhain is a Wiccan sabbat and it marks the symbolic death of the Sun God. And it’s a day of remembering friends and family who have passed on.” Holly explains.

“It’s seen as a sacred night and is linked with the coming of winter and ancient hunting rituals.” Damian adds in as he joins the group. “So by dressing up we’re going by Halloween traditions.” He grins when the four look at him in surprise. “What? You don’t like my costume?”

“It’s so… so…” Liam struggles for the right descriptive word.

“Purple.” Ashling finishes for her twin. “Where’d you find a purple cloak and witches hat?”

Damian puffs up proudly. “I made them myself! Ain’t they cool?”

Holly pokes Damian’s stomach, making the purple-haired boy jump about a foot into the air. “Yeah it is and you’re getting fat.”

“I am not!” Damian argues. “I don’t get fat. It’s a fact of life.”

“Wait, wait, wait!” Nixx exclaims, stopping the argument in it’s tracks. “Since when have you joined them, Damian?!”

Damian blinks. “Since forever, duh.” He says. “And it makes our coven have an even number of people and a person for each element. I’m fire, Holly’s water, Liam’s earth, and Ash is air.”

“I’m confused.” Nixx whines. “Everyone’s changing religions around me lately.”

Holly, Ashling, Liam, and Damian sweat drop.

“Nixx, this has been like this for a year now.” Ashling says. “You were just too busy teasing Kaylie about getting ISS again. Well, either that or Roman was picking on you while Alex was working on that religion project on Buddhism for history class.”

“It was both.” Holly says helpfully. “And it was also the day of his English test on some book he never read because he was too busy drooling over Damian.”

“Hey! I resent that!” Nixx exclaims.

The others just laugh, knowing that’s most likely the reason Nixx didn’t get the book read. If it weren’t for Damian being in that class he would have gotten an A or B instead of a D.

0-0-0-0

Domino City- Kame Game Shop

“Remind me again why we’re celebrating Halloween this year. It’s not like we can go trick-or-treatin’ or nothing.” Katsuya comments, watching Yugi hand up last minute decorations in the shop while Honda arranges the fog machines.

“We’re doing this for the little kids, Jounouchi.” Anzu reminds, putting on a purple witches hat. “And while Shizuka and I help Yugi’s grandpa with the little trick-or-treaters, you all are going to have your monster movie marathon and scare one another.”

Katsuya raises an eyebrow. “What are you suppose to be anyway, Anzu.”

“I’m the Magician of Faith, obviously.” Anzu replies.

“More like ‘Magician of Freaks’.” Katsuya comments jokingly.

“Jounouchi!” Anzu angrily shouts.

“All done!” Shizuka announces, returning from the bathroom where she was changing into her Dark Magician Girl costume. “What do you guys think?”

Katsuya takes one look at the costume and twitches. “I think it’s a little much, sis.” He says. “Why don’t you trade with Anzu.”

“Why? Would she make a better ‘Magician of Freaks’?” Anzu asks crossly.

“Yes.” Katsuya nods. “I mean- uh- well, just look at what she’s wearing!”

“Katsuya, this is the only costume that fits right.” Shizuka says softly. “It will be fine. I’ll be standing behind the counter the entire time.”

“Well… alright.” Katsuya gives in. “But if anyone gives you any trouble hen come get me or Honda.”

Shizuka smiles. “I will, big brother.”

0-0-0-0

Things go smoothly for them that night so Anzu and Shizuka have no trouble with the trick-or-treaters.

As for the guys…

They watched so many scary movie’s that they got themselves completely freaked out and wound up huddled on the couch together covered by a bunch of blankets. Of course, it doesn’t help that the girls played a prank on them to scare them. Mainly it was Anzu’s revenge for Katsuya’s comment on her costume.

F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--:--I-N-T-E-R-L-U-D-E-S--F-A -M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--:--I-N-T-E-R-L-U-D-E-S

Shiro: (bangs head on desk)

Kaze: Somehow I'm not surprised that you got this out late.

Shiro: Just shut up.

Kaze: (smirks)

Shiro: And for once I have no comment on this interlude. I'm too sleepy and I want to watch another Naruto episode... (yawns)