Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faraway in Ancient Egypt ❯ The Slave, the Priest and the Pharaoh ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: This is the official disclaimer for this fic, it is too annoying to type this again and again. I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh!

Yugi: Hello! I'm Yugi! *prods person next to him*

Yami: And I'm Yami

Yugi: millenniumspirit has delegated to us the task of answering your questions, because 1) she's busy finishing the fic right now, and 2) Seto and Jou aren't allowed to know what's going to happen to them ^_^

Yami: *pulls out review* This question is from

Joey'z Sk8tergurl

Yugi: And she asked:

R they gonna have their 'positions' like Kaiba is the high priest and Jou a slave or no? I r curious.

Yami: And the answer is *drumroll*

Yugi: Yes! Four people will have positions in ancient Egypt, and everyone else will be assigned random positions ^_^

Yami: and the positions will be revealed in this chapter

Yugi: But the four who have important `postions' are:

Seto

Jou

Yami

Me (Yugi)

Enjoy!

~ Faraway in Ancient Egypt ~

~ Chapter Two: The Slave, the Priest and the Pharaoh ~

Seto's POV

I groaned inwardly as I felt someone shaking me, calling my name. I moaned, burying myself into the pillows. Not right now… It's too early… Wait. Pillows?!

I sat up so quickly that my head lurched, and I fell down into the bed again.

"Seto?"

Who's calling me? He doesn't sound like Mokuba, or Jonouchi, or anyone else I know for that matter… I sat up, slowly this time, and I almost fell back down. Yami was sitting in front of me, a dripping cloth in his hands.

"Yami?"

Yami smiled. "Glad you decided to acknowledge our friendship, Seto." Huh?! What was he blabbering about? And what was he doing here in the first place? Hell, where is this place?

"Where am I?"

"You're in your private chambers, Seto," Yami answers, handing me the soaked cloth. "A few minutes ago, when we were discussing important matters about Egypt's economy, you fainted, dropping onto your bed. And, here we are."

This has got to be a joke. "Okay. Let me get this straight. I'm on my bed, which is inside my private chambers, which is… where?"

Yami laughed. "Inside my castle! Are you sure you are all right?"

No, I'm not. I just figured out that I'm in a room with my rival, who seems to think I'm his friend, and is dressed like the Pharaoh of Egypt and it turns out I AM in Egypt… I survey Yami, to see if his eyes hinted a trace of laughter or mock. There was none. I sink back onto the bed. "I'm fine, I just need to rest a bit more."

"Very well then. But you need to come down for dinner. It would be a shame for the Priest of Egypt to miss his own birthday reception. I'll send for some servants?" The last part seemed like a question.

"No. I can take attend to myself." Hn. The last thing I need is a group of people fussing over me, asking if I need help. As Yami turns to leave the room, he pauses.

"Here." He deposits a silver tag into my hand. "You were clutching it when I woke you."

It was the mutt's tag. "Hey, Yami?"

"Yes?"

"Have you seen a boy with blonde hair anywhere around?"

Yami looked at me, puzzled. The expression was priceless. I wish I had my digital camera to snap a photo of HIS expression. Payback. Big time. "Why do you ask?"

"Just curious." I turn away from Yami. "That will be all." I heard Yami chuckle. "I'm the Pharaoh, in case you have forgotten, Priest Seto. Dinner will be served after five sticks (A/N: The Egyptians measured time with sticks.) He left, shutting the door behind me.

Okay. So I'm the priest of ancient Egypt. Fun. And I really don't mean it sincerely. I have a business meeting to get to. Which makes me wonder why I ever invited the mutt to my house in the first place. And I wonder if he's stuck here too. Still, even if he is, he can't get a higher position than me. I gaze back down at his tag and notice something carved on it. It's too dim in this room to make it out and Yami probably has someone watching the door. I guess I'm stuck here until after five sticks. Whatever that means. A glimmer of gold catches my eye. It turns out to be a chain of sorts and I thread it through the hole of the tag. Don't ask why. I tie the whole thing around my neck, and feel the cold against my skin.

The view from the window isn't bad.

Jou's POV

"What should we do with him, Saurol?"

There's a conversation going on, and I'm pretty sure it's about me. I'm in this house, lying on a bed, with bandages wrapped around my arm because their dog bit me. How can Kaiba even compare me to these dogs?!

Anyway, I've just learned that I'm in ancient Egypt and the people who are housing me are slave traders. So now I'm a slave. Joy. And I really don't mean it sincerely.

"The Priest's birthday is today," the freak called Saurol says. He's thin, with beady eyes that shine evilly. This place with the people are kinda creeping me out. And what about the Priest?

"Of course, Saurol! What a stroke of genius! We shall sell this one-" the other dude jerks his thumb towards me- "as a gift for his Highness the Priest!" Saurol lets out a loud shriek of laughter.

"Brilliant, Aroul!"

"Just one question." I can't help but butt in. "How can something be a `gift' if ya have ta pay for it?"

Aroul hits me. "SILENCE, SLAVE!" He roars. I wonder if he's ever heard of toothpaste. "When the Head of Slaves comes from the Palace, we will offer you to him as a gift for the Priest. That will also pay off our taxes, so we can once again purchase what we want, and many more!" Is everyone here obsessed with money?

There's a knock at the door.

"That'll be him," Saurol announces. "Quick! Open the door!"

The door swings open, and a man with shoulder-length tan hair walks in.

"Sir Marik!" Both Aroul and Saurol bow.

Marik brushes past them, looking at me hungrily. I've seen Marik in 2003, but he's still the same to Marik in ancient Egypt. They even have the same psychotic and crazy look in their eyes. "Who is this?" At least his voice isn't deformed, unlike when he took over Malik's body.

"T-the n-n-new s-slave, f-f-f-for the P-P-Priest." Samuel's scared silly.

Marik nods, pulling me up by the arm. "We'll fix you up in the Castle. A new Personal Slave is just what the Priest needs."

Personal Slave? What's that? "What's a Personal Slave?"

Marik's eyes widen. I really need to start saving up for a camera. "You do not know what a Personal Slave is?" He turns to the duo, who are shaking now. "Where did you find this boy?"

Aroul flings himself at Marik's feet. The plan he's been developing for five minuets in about to go down the drain. "W-we f-found him o-o-on the s-s-streets and we t-t-took him in…" He's groveling now. I have to at least learn how to sketch someone.

There's a smirk spreading over Marik's face now. Not good. "This is new. I think the Priest would enjoy a challenge. Usually out slaves are prepared for their work, but occasionally we come across one who doesn't, and the wild Pleasure Slaves are the most enjoyable to tame."

That really doesn't sound to good. "So, er… What is a Pleasure Slave?"

"You'll find out. Now come." And so, Marik leads me out of the house, tossing a couple bags of coins near Saurol and Aroul's feet. "Your payment. I have already deducted your taxes from the money."

From the looks on their faces, Saurol and Aroul just struck the jackpot. The door closes, and that's the last time I'll ever see them. I hope.

Bakura's POV

Well, well, well. Look at this. Marik's making his daily rounds. It's such ashamed he gave up his life of thievery and thrill to serve the baka Pharaoh. Hn. Well, I don't need him. Still, it is fun keeping an eye on him. Now that he's one of Yami's, it'll be easier to see what he has planned, and I can plunder from the castle during Marik's guard hours. At least, I did. Then Yami appointed him to a higher position, so I can only tail him when he comes outside. Yawn. I'm thinking about starting a riot in the marketplace. See how he handles it. But I'm bound to be caught for sure. The afternoon of the Priest's birthday, the marketplace will be swarming with guards, all looking for me. I guess I made myself infamous when I stole that priceless gem from Yami's eighteenth birthday collection. I still have it, to remind me of my greatest triumph.

I jump to the next roof across, and land squarely on my feet. Unfortunately, someone notices my silver hair.

"It's Bakura! Hurry everyone! It's Bakura the Thief!"

Bakura the Thief. What a simple name. Why couldn't it be something else? Something more… fearful?

I start running as the guards are alerted by the shopper's call. "you're next on my list!" I scream at him, scaring him so much he faints. Hn. Stupid. Waving good-bye at the guards, I jump off the roof, and land in the river, which promptly proceeds to carry me down the river. I'll come back later once the Priest's birthday passes.

I have a feeling something is going to be happening soon…

Marik's POV

I managed to drag Jou back to the Castle, without attracting much attention. Personally, I was rather glad that Bakura had dragged all the attention to himself… But now I had to go track him down… Again. And fail to discover where he lived… Again. Bakura had seemed to have changed so much since I had decided to give up way ways with the life of an outcast, and join Yami. He didn't seem too happy when I told him, in fact, he had been downright furious. I still miss him sometimes, but there's someone that helps ease the pain…

"Marik-sama?" A bundle of white hair much like Bakura's popped out from under the bed, grinning. It was Ryou. "Who's that?"

"New slave for the Priest," I said, laying the boy on the bed. "Can you and his Highness's brat look after him and get him ready?"

"Marik." Ryou was frowning slightly at me. "You know that his name is Yugi. Stop calling him that, please Marik-sama?"

"Why do you keep calling me -sama?"

"It's only polite."

"Who cares about being polite?" I pinned Ryou against the wall, feeling his breath against my face. "You don't need to call me -sama."

"But I want to," Ryou pouted, his white hair framing his pale face.

I rolled my eyes. "Well, it's too long. You won't be able to scream `Marik-sama' when you're performing your duties." I grinned as Ryou's pale cheeks flushed.

"A-all right then. Marik."

"Hey, Ryou!" Yugi, the Pharaoh's brat, just bounded in, dragging Yami. "Yami said that he has a job for us!"

I looked at Yami, who was staring at the boy on the bed. "Not bad, Marik." He complimented me. Let's jump for joy. Not.

"He isn't trained," I informed, "the two traders said they found him outside, unconscious."

Ryou and Yugi were helping the boy up. He must have waken up.

"Where am I?"

"You're with us!" Yugi answered, tugging the boy towards the washing room.

"Take care, Yugi!" Yami called after him. "You know what to do."

Yugi grinned at Yami, and bowed good-bye to me. So I admit. He has some manners.

"Come now," Yami beckoned me to the dining hall. "I do hope Seto will enjoy his present."

He'd better.

Jou's POV

"So, who's my master?" I asked Ryou and Yugi, the two who were attending to me.

Ryou looked at Yugi, and then back at me. "Best not tell," he erplied, pressing a finger to his lips. "It's a secret."

Yugi tossed me a towel and some clothes. "You'd better hurry and change. I expect the Priest is coming up now."

Oh yeah. Marik said he would be my new master. But I was still in the dark. Who was he? What was he like? And what was a Pleasure Slave?

Seto's POV

I've never enjoyed birthday parties. I can hardly remember the ones I spent with both my parents. My mother died giving birth to Mokuba when I was around three or four. My father followed two or three years after.

When Gozubaro Kaiba adopted us, he drove all of the birthday `drivel' as he called it, out of my head. It wasn't good for me, he chided, to celebrate the day when you get one year older, and you come closer to death.

And so I never had a real birthday party. I had received presents from Mokuba, but that was all. I told no one else when my birthday was. And I intend to keep it this way.

But this one, I had to admit, was quite enjoyable. Even though it wasn't my real birthday. Just the person I was in the body of. It was rather uncomfortable to think about, so I steered away from it, and opened myself up a bit more to everyone around me.

And when it was over and the foreign guests had all departed, Yami whispered that he had left a present in my bedroom.

***

I opened the door to my room and found someone sleeping in my bed. Yami's words passed through my head again. `Marik and I have given you a slave. You may do whatever you want with him.'

The sleeping figure turned, and as the light from the aperture fell onto his face, my eyes widened. "Jonouchi?"

Jou's POV

"Kaiba?" I don't believe it. Seto Kaiba was the Priest of Egypt. Before I could say more, I saw him smile. The smile then turned into a laugh.

"Forgive if I'm missing something," I said loudly to make myself heard. "But why are you laughing?"

He finally stopped, and grinned. "Because there I was, worrying that something bad had happened to you, and here you are!"

Kaiba… Was worried about me?

Kaiba suddenly stepped closer, his hand lifting my face up. His thumb traced the bruise on my cheek where Aoul had hit me. "You're hurt, puppy."

For some reason, his nickname for me didn't sound so hostile or jeering anymore. This voice sounded caring. "I'm fine."

He snorted. "Nonsense. I know I have a first-aid kit or something like that here somewhere…"

As he dabbed cool water on my bruise, I could feel his warm breath on my face. It felt good.

"Hey, Jonouchi?" Kaiba said, as he rubbed a stinging ointment on my face.

"Yea-OW!"

"Sorry."

I sat there, in shock. "You just apologized… to me…"

Kaiba stood up, placing everything back in their proper places. "I owed you quite a few, Jonouchi. It'd take too long to apologize for everything I've done."

"Just answer me one question, Kaiba. What is a Pleasure Slave?"

Kaiba looked at me. "You don't know? They didn't explain to you?'

I shook my head. "I figured you'd know. Unless you'd like ta leave me in da dark?"

Kaiba approached me, a light smile grazing his lips. He looks good when he smiles… Wait a minute, what am I saying? Sure, it'd be nice to have Kaiba love me like I love him, but if I start thinkin' this stuff…

The rest of my thoughts trailed off when Kaiba's kissed were on top of mine, his body pressed against mine. I felt his tongue running along my lower lip, seeking for entrance, and I obliged, allowing him to kiss me more. My arms instinctively wrapped around his waist, as I kissed him back. We surface for air a few moments later, panting heavily.

"I didn't know you were into guys, Jonouchi."

"I didn't know you were, Kaiba."

He grinned, giving me a brief kiss this time. "You can call me Seto, if you want."

I rolled it around in my mouth. "Seto… Sounds great to me! And you can call me Katsuya."

Seto pulled my down into his lap. "Katsuya." Damn, his voice sounded so sexy!

"You still haven't told me what Pleasure Slaves do, Seto," I said, looking at him. "Please tell?" I yawned, and I felt my eyelids begin to droop.

"Tomorrow," Seto said, laying me down on his bed. "Puppy has had a very exhausting day."

I pulled him down with me, cuddling close to him. "Stay with me?"

"Sure, Pup."

Maybe ancient Egypt isn't so bad…

~ End Chapter Two ~

millenniumspirit: Wow. That was long. Haha. *laughs nervously* *awkward silence*

Please review and tell me what you think!

Also, thankx to the following for reviewing:

Rainy

Joey'z Sk8tergurl

k

l

InsaneAuthoress (mm.org member)

FallenAngel17901 (mm.org member)

Chaos911 (mm.org member)

Lady Asia