Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ First Child of Shadow ❯ The End ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Writing is like, brief bouts of active duty and then long periods of lag. Y'know, that's kind of how my laptop works… *Ponders*
Disclaimer: Kazuki Takahashi owns Yu-gi-Oh! I don't.
Chapter 4
 
“You know,” Seth, mentioned in passing one day, “Necrophilia does not reflect well upon a Pharaoh. You also need an heir.”
Yami's glare could have set lava aflame. As it were, he simply coughed and deigned not to answer. Seth smirked.
“So tell me, is he really as good in bed as the rumors I've heard?”
He clamped down on his temper, refusing to rise to the bait, but anger sparked through his soul and he badly wanted to blast Seth into smithereens. As it turned out, he was not the only one feeling that way.
Seth gave a pained gurgle before Mahaado released his death-grip on the Priest's neck. Slightly. “My Pharaoh… I apologize if I overstepped my bounds.” He sank into a graceful bow on one knee, long hair sweeping over his face.
Seth glared from his position with his face ground into the floor. Damned Magician! Damned Mahaado too.
“Not at all.” Yami's tone danced, as if he were trying to hide a smile. “But you ought to release him, Mahaado. I believe he is turning quite blue.”
“My apologies, Pharaoh… I underestimated my own strength.”
“Tis nothing Mahaado.”
 
Seth rubbed his aching neck and sucked in glorious lungfuls of air and tried to ignore the blatant favoritism going on. It didn't work too well.
Mahaado almost preened as he floated to Yami's side. The Pharaoh casually lounged on his throne looking almost bored.
Apparently being a Ka monster did get rid of a lot of the restrictions that were placed on humans…
Mahaado was purring. He was also sitting in Yami's lap. Seth's eyes almost bugged out at that. And Yami was running his fingers through Mahaado's hair as if he had no care in the world.
Perhaps he didn't.
All of Egypt's enemies had been vanquished after all. Something to do with monsters attacking in the night…
Yami always did enjoy war games.
He'd probably just set some of his monsters loose. Not a big deal…
 
“I love you.”
Seth froze. For the Pharaoh to say such a thing, and so openly! Didn't he have any tact at all? He waited for the sky to fall on him for hearing such a thing.
Mahaado - or this creature that looked like him, anyway, simply smiled. Seth watched as its clothing began to change, the armor dying to a pure black color studded with greenish stones and burnished gold.
The staff became a curved blade, and Seth swallowed nervously.
That looked familiar, though he could not place it…
 
“Dark Paladin…” Yami smiled. “I need you to do something for me…”
The new monster nodded and as Yami finished whispering his plan into his ear, flew off. Yes, it flew. It bloody flew! Never mind that it didn't have wings, but wait. Ka monsters usually floated in the air.
Still…
Not moments later, it had returned, though Seth noticed disquietly with alarm that its armor and weapon were stained with blood. Yami simply smiled and the Dark Paladin melted back into Mahaado's form once again.
And promptly curled up in Yami's lap again.
Yami patted Mahaado's hair, glad that those problems were over. His lovely Angel of Death had struck again.
Peace would come soon. The invaders couldn't be that stupid, right? Now, all he needed was to deal with the problem of an heir.
He wondered briefly if he should choose Mana as his Consort. She was Mahaado's apprentice after all, and she would understand his feelings. But her power was not strong enough, yet.
Still, she was almost of the age to test for Priesthood…
 
To the surprise of all, Mana received the Sennen Eye. Most had expected the Ring, but then again, when Black Paladin had dumped Bakura's corpse outside of the palace gates, no one had bothered to check on the Ring's status.
The Ring was powerless anyhow.
 
So instead of the Six Elected Priests, there were only Five Priests… it might have been unfortunate, but as there was none to replace Mahaado's position, and the Ring was dead, what else could have happened?
It fit…
 
No more, everything was solved. Surely now Egypt could ascend into the golden age it was meant to be.
After all…
Things were different now.
 
End Chapter
End fic? Maybe
Completed 3/8/06
Mahaado looks so pretty as Black Flash/Flare Knight and Mirage Knight and Dark Magician Knight… yum