Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ First Snow ❯ First Snow ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Malik shivered, wrapping his coat tighter around him. "Burr.... Cold... Well, I'm almost there, anyway." The Egyptian muttered to himself. He continued walking, finally reaching the Kame Game Shop. Ignoring the closed sign, he opened the door and stepped inside. He breathed a sigh of relief as warm air surrounded him, and he noticed his breath no longer visible. He looked around the barely lit room. It looked as if no one was there, but he knew better. Yami had invited him, after all. Malik slipped off his coat and tossed it onto a nearby bench. All of a sudden he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist from behind. "'ello, Yami." Malik said with a grin.

"Hello, love." Yami purred, resting his head on Malik's shoulder. "Yuugi and Grandpa are out tonight, so we have the Game Shop to ourselves."

"Sounds good to me." Malik replied.

"You're cold." Yami murmured softly. "Here, let's go into the kitchen, I'll get you some hot chocolate."

Malik nodded. "Yeah, thanks. 'S cold out there."

"It is." Yami agreed, leading Malik into the kitchen. Malik took a seat while Yami started making the hot chocolate.

"I hate winter." Malik complained.

Yami chuckled slightly. "There's one thing I'm sure you'll like about it once you experience it."

This aroused Malik's curiosity. "What is it?"

Yami chuckled. "You'll see, love."

"When?"

"Soon enough." Yami answered, setting down a mug of hot chocolate on the table in front of Malik.

"But I wanna know NOW...." Malik whined, pouting to try to get his way.

"Well, you'll just have to wait." Yami said, taking a sip of hot chocolate.

Malik gave Yami a small 'hmph', before taking a sip of his own hot chocolate. Yami's only reaction to the noise was an amused smile, which only made Malik pout more.

"Well, if you won't tell me what I'll like about winter, will you at least tell me what you're getting me for my birthday?" Malik asked with a devious grin.

"Actually, I was planning on giving it to you early." Yami stated, pulling out a small box from his pocket. Malik's eyes brightened, as he eagerly took the box and unwrapped and opened it. He stared into the box with a look of awe, as Yami giggled at the look on his face.

"You like it?" Yami asked, picking up the box and taking out a gold pendant of Ra in it's phoenix form.

"It's beautiful!" Malik exclaimed happily, as Yami stepped behind him.

"Move your hair." Yami requested, and Malik did so. Yami carefully put the necklace on Malik's neck and stepped back in front of the Egyptian to see how it looked.

"Gorgeous. It looks perfect on you, love." Yami complimented, planting a small kiss on Malik's lips.

"Thank you, Yami." Malik muttered.

"You're welcome. Now, follow me. Get your coat, you'll need it."

Malik blinked in slight confusion, but did as he was told. Yami led him outside. Malik's eyes widened.

"What's that?" Malik asked, watching as small white flakes fell from the sky.

"It's snow. Pretty, isn't it?"

Malik nodded. "But cold." He commented distastefully, wrinkling his nose as a snowflake fell on it. Yami slipped his arms around Malik, holding him close to keep him warm. Malik cuddled as close to Yami as possible, still watching the snow with amusement.

"So is this what you said I'd like about winter?" Malik asked.

"Mmhm." Yami answered. "So was I right? Do you like it?"

"Yes... I do." Malik decided. "And I don't think I mind the cold as much now." Malik added. After all, it gave him an excuse to snuggle closer to Yami.