Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Five Card Draw ❯ An Unexpected Twist ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author Note: Well this is my first ever Yu-Gi-Oh fic so I hope you like it. Please leave a review at the end to tell me what you think, I'm very interested in hearing from you all.

Also I know that Mai made it to the finals as well as Bandit Keith, but I left them out because I A. Wanted to use Bakura instead and B. It was better this way. Okay? THANKS!



"You all managed to get ten star chips, congratulations to you." Pegasus snarled sarcastically at the four others in front of him. "Now we will have the ultimate duel!" Pegasus laughed with glee as one of his henchmen set a card table down in front of him. Pegasus reached into his pocket and pulled out a deck of playing card?!

"Those aren't Duel Monsters card!" Kaiba shouted in annoyance.

"Oh Kaiba I always knew you were a quick one!" Pegasus replied. "I know these aren't Duel Monsters cards, but please sit down." He beckoned to the others. Slowly Bakura, Yugi, Joey, and Kaiba all took a seat giving each other nervous glances and smiles.

"Alright what's going on here!?" Joey demanded as Pegasus began to shuffle the deck. "I thought this was a Duel Monsters tournament."

Pegasus blinked and replied, "Well after awhile that game gets dull so I though we would gamble for the various souls and cash prizes." He replied smugly.

"You truly are insane." Kaiba muttered.

"Yu have no idea." Pegasus replied with glee. "For tonight we have someone very special serving snacks and drinks please welcome...are you ready for this? I so hope you're ready for this, Mokuba Kaiba!"

Mokuba slowly entered the room holding a bowl of Chex party mix. "Oh and Mokuba boy please bring these guys some drinks okay?"

Mokuba, still staring aimlessly into space, give Pegasus an apathetic thumbs up.

"I just love this kid!" Pegasus yelps with joy giving Mokuba a hug. While Mokuba just stands there not moving an inch. Pegasus lets go and ushers Mokuba out of the room.

Kaiba slowly clears his throat. "Okay I know I say this a lot but you- "

"Monster?" Pegasus asks innocently.

"Yeah." Kaiba replies dully slumping back in his chair.

"Alright" Pegasus grins. "The name of the game is twenty-one!" He says passing out cards. "I gave you three cards if you want to risk taking another just tell me."

Yugi looked down at his hand there was a five, a three, and a two. Only ten he thought to himself. "Hit me!" He cried.

Pegasus grinned. "Oh daring aren't we little Yugi." Pegasus handed Yugi another card smiling in satisfaction down at his own hand. Which totaled twenty.

All across the table there was Kaiba who has eighteen, Joey who had nineteen, and Bakura who also had nineteen. Yugi took a deep breath and looked at his card. It was a nine. That brings me to nineteen he thought to himself. But if you get a two you can win. Yami spoke up inside his head.

Yeah, Yugi thought back, so should I try it.

I say go for it! Yami cheered.

Okay! "Hit me again!" Yugi chirped.

Pegasus gave Yugi an odd look and Joey spoke up. "Yug you do know that the object of the game is to get as close as you can to twenty-one without going over, right?"

"Yeah I know." Yugi replied taking the card from Pegasus. He yelped with joy and threw his cards on the table. "I have twenty-one!" He grinned displaying the two he just go from Pegasus.

"What the hell?" Pegasus snarled looking at Yugi's card.

"How did you do that?" Kaiba growled throwing his cards down on the table.

"Heart of the Cards." Yugi said crossing his arms smugly.

"Why I'd like to shove the foot of the cards up your-" Kaiba mumbled.

"Does that mean I get my grandpa back?" Yugi asked cheerfully.

"No!" Pegasus growled. "That game was too easy. We'll have to play something easier to cheat at, errr I mean harder to play yes, We will play…ummm GO FISH!"

"What the hell?" Joey snapped.

"What too hard for you?" Kaiba jested.

"May I ask what the point behind these card games is?" Bakura spoke up.

"No." Pegasus said dealing the cards out again. "You may not."



Next Chapter Coming Soon: "Got Any Threes." This was purposely a short chapter, just to see if anyone liked this idea and kind of a prologue. Next chapter will be longer and plus Mokuba will back with the drinks! So please leave a review! Thanks

Shadow Vitani