Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Flying With the Birds ❯ Shifting of the Sands ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Emmy: Ok, I'm going to make this short. I tried my best this chapter. I've been so busy; I just wanted to finish SOMETHING! So I hope you enjoy it. Tell me what you think.
 
XXX
 
Shifting of the Sands
 
“Why won't you eat?” Anzu asked the exotic bird. “You're going to die if you don't eat…Come on eat!” she was getting frustrated. Her new, pet penguin was not being cooperative at all! It refused to eat any of the crackers or cakes she offered it and had bit her numerous times! She sighed in defeat and threw the cracker aside. “Some friend you are…”
 
Standing she looked around her room, bored out of her mind…Everyone was still a bustle with the Prince's kidnapping but Anzu was no longer worried…She knew Ryou was technically her brother, but the two had never been close. It had been hard for the two, as a little girl and a little boy, and they'd never bonded.
`And it's not like Mother ever took the time to play with me,' she thought bitterly. Mai was never the nurturing type. Mai was Mai to her, not Mother. She called her Mother to her face out of respect, but really, she had always been Mai. Anzu knew this and was used to it, and when you grow up with someone of the sort…you tend to take on their traits.
 
Anzu wasn't as bad as her mom. She was a bit of a brat, and she knew it, but she wasn't like Mia. For Anzu knew where her mother was at this moment. It was time for Rein's, the Pharaoh's; midday meal…Mai fed it to him everyday. Why not? She was his wife was she not?
 
There was nothing wrong with a loving wife taking care of her husband in a time of illness, so the servants let her do their job without a second thought. Anzu supposed that was the `brilliance of it all'. It was a phrase Mai used now and then. It was the part of a scandal that usually made people's stomachs flip.
If an alter boy, a child of the church was found raped, and the Priest, the holey hand of Ra himself was found guilty, that was the `brilliance of it all'. Or if a noble's servant was hung for treason because he had a night in bed with his masters wife, when in fact it was the wife who ordered him to do so, that was the `brilliance of it all.'

And now, as Mai was probably spooning the mixture of medicine and herbal soup into the Pharaoh's mouth, Anzu suppose she was thinking, `This is the brilliance of it all.'
 
XXX
 
Ryou gazed out of the caves entrance, and took a bite of his turnip. It didn't look so bad from up there, but the sound sent chills down his spine. The wind was howling furiously like nothing he had ever heard before. It whistled through the air and reminded him of the sounds he'd heard when he was little, when someone would tell ghost stories. They always told of strange `wooing' noises that would be dismissed as just wind. Back then he'd thought it odd for someone to say the wind whistled or moaned. Now he knew better.
 
`Who told the stories…?' he wondered. `Was it Mother? Was it a nursemaid of some sort? No…' Then who was it?
 
“Glad you're not out there eh?” asked Marik, who was leaning against the wall and watching the storm as well. Ryou looked up at him and actually smiled.
 
“Um, yes. Thank you for helping me…” Marik gave a short `hmph' of a laugh. At least that's what Ryou concluded it to be, for a small smirk was placed on face.
 
When the storm had rolled in, Malik had run faster than a desert hare, butterfly jar clutched to his chest. He'd later claimed he forgot that Ryou was unable to walk. Alone on the cliff's edge Ryou had tried to crawl back inside and had only moved a few feet before Marik dashed out and scooped him up.
 
Looking at Marik more closely Ryou studied his facial expressions. He had a constant hardness about him; his eyes were always intense, as if he were seeing right through you. Ryou had never heard him laugh, whether it be evil or out of humor, nothing more than a small `heh' or `humph'. Marik glanced at him and his eyes narrowed. Ryou glanced away; casually shifting his position on the floor, and finished off the bit of food he'd been given.
 
“It should be over in a few moments. They pass quickly,” said Marik.
“Then will we go back outside?” asked Ryou, still eager to be out in the light and air. Marik smirked, as if amused by the Prince.
 
“Yes Prince, you'll get to go back outside,” he muttered. “And by the way Malik, he's still on your watch!” Malik growled from where he stood, blindfolded. His butterfly was loose and flying around the cave. Ryou watched it with mild interest. Malik was trying to split it in half, but so far he hadn't even come close. Ryou didn't think it was even possible. The butterfly fluttered from one pile of gold to another until it was perched by Ryou. He reached out and picked up a gold coin, inspecting it curiously.
 
“Don't touch!” Bakura snapped, not sounding angry, but strict. Ryou jumped in surprise and dropped it immediately. “Heh.” Bakura smirked. “You're a jumpy thing…” Ryou narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms. “Don't look so cross all the time…” the Thief King told him with a frown. “It doesn't compliment your features at all.”
 
“What am I supposed to look like then?” he muttered. “Like I'm having the time of my life?” Bakura sent him a sharp look.
 
“You should act grateful that you're not out there,” he replied, gesturing to the thinning sandstorm. Ryou shrank back and hugged his good leg to his chest, resting his chin on his knee.
 
“Dammit!” Malik swore, ripping the blindfold from his face. “Where is that wretched thing?!” His angry eyes searched and when they targeted their prey he stalked forward, dagger raised. Ryou's eyes widened.
 
“Stop being a baby just because you can't kill a dumb, little butterfly,” Iyuna snapped miserably at him.
 
“I'm not being a baby!” he roared. “I'm tired of this! It's pointless! I'm going to squash that little bug and be done with it!” He raised the dagger high and Ryou whimpered. The butterfly was still right beside him.
 
“Malik,” Bakura warned, his voice firm. “Don't—” The dagger's sharp, metallic blade cut through the air, crashing into the pile of gold and sending coins flying. Magically it seemed the small insect had floating off just in time. Ryou squeaked and covered his face as he was pummeled with flying treasure.
 
“Look at that. He can't even hit it with its two feet in front of him,” Iyuna mocked under her breath.
 
“Shut up you!” he yelled over his shoulder. Peeking through his fingers Ryou saw his lavender eyes were a fire with anger. His clenched his fists. “Speak not another word!”
 
“Malik!” Marik said his name lowly and gripped his shoulders. The two seemed close in age but Marik was much bigger. His broad shoulders and muscular arms could have held back two angry men if need be. Malik fought to pull away but Marik held him firmly. “Calm down,” his older brother ordered, in that same, low tone. Malik snarled something at him, but stopped struggling. He stood their, breathing heavily.
 
Ryou pulled his hands down from his face. Everyone was silent…The butterfly was fluttering around peacefully. Malik's rage seemed not to have upset it at all. When it drew close Ryou reached out and cupped his hands around it, holding it gently to his chest. He didn't want Malik to kill it…It was small and helpless…Like him…The butterfly and Ryou were somewhat a like. They were both prisoners. They were both stuck here in this cave. They both just wanted to fly away…
 
`Birds of a feather should flock together,' he thought.

Ryou noticed Iyuna was staring at him. Her face was stony and white, her mouth a thin, grim line.
 
“Malik.” Bakura's voice was sharp enough to cut steel. The blonde one looked down, apparently calmed. “Go outside. Take the Prince and your opponent with you.”
 
“Yes my King,” he said lowly.
 
“Release him Marik,” ordered Bakura and he did. Malik turned to face Ryou, head still low. Ryou could see his eyes though. He could see the frustration and the held in anger. He bent down and picked up the abandoned jar that was the butterfly's home.
 
“I-I caught it…” Ryou said softly, raising his hands up a bit towards Malik. He fixed his gaze onto Ryou and thrust the jar forward without a word. With great care the Prince transferred his little friend into the glass and Malik snapped it promptly shut.
 
Without a word Marik kneeled down beside Ryou. The boy understood and wrapped his arms around the darker man's shoulders so he could pick him up easier. They exited like a morbid funeral procession.
 
“…You need to learn to control your temper,” Marik said evenly, once they were far enough out of the cave. Malik shot him an angry glare but said nothing. The older brother shook his head and sighed. “You'll never be able to excel as a thief if you don't learn to control your emotions. They'll be the death of you.”
 
“I know that!” Malik spat, turning sharply away. “I know…” his voice got softer. The Prince was respectably silent. He felt like and outsider intruding upon their private conversation.
 
“…Then see that you do it,” Marik replied before setting Ryou down on the sandy stone.
 
When Marik had left Malik kicked a loose rock hard and it went flying off the side of the cliff. Ryou could hear it as it bounced off of another rock, and another, until it was gone…
“Here,” Malik said suddenly, practically slamming the glass jar into Ryou's chest. “Hold that.” He walked back to the cliff's edge. “If I hold it any longer I'll probably smash it…” He sat down, his legs crossed, and back to the Prince, gazing out at the desert.
 
“…You know,” Ryou spoke up softly after about a half hour of silence. “What you were trying to do...Even I know it's really difficult. Just because you haven't gotten it yet, doesn't mean you won't be able to do it eventually. I bet not many man could do it.”
 
“The Thief King could,” Malik replied sharply.
 
“Have you ever seen him do it?” Ryou inquired. Malik snapped his head towards Ryou, eyes narrowed.
 
“You dare to question his abilities?” Malik asked. Ryou shook his head hastily.
 
“That is not what I meant,” he replied quickly. “I just meant you shouldn't get discouraged.”
 
“Why do you give a damn?” he asked, giving Ryou a look of annoyance. “My training concerns you not.”
 
“I…I was just trying to help…” he muttered, meekly. He'd hoped maybe talking would calm the blonde down a bit, but it didn't seem to be working…
 
“Well I don't need you're help. Have you forgotten Prince that you are not actually our `honored guest'? You are at our mercy—my mercy! We're not your friends, we're your kidnappers!” he spat. Ryou frowned and looked down.

“Well pardon me…” he replied, in a low tone. “Iyuna was right…” Malik arched his eyebrows.
 
“What did you say?” he asked voice dangerous and low. Ryou's face flushed and instantly regretted saying what he had. When he didn't reply Malik took at a step towards him. “What did you say?” he asked more forcefully. “Come now Prince, I thought you liked talking. What did you say?”
 
“Nothing…” he mumbled, looking down. Malik's think, tan hand grabbed his chin and forced his face upward.

“It didn't sound like nothing to me…” His voice was dripping with venom that scared Ryou almost as much as Bakura. “What was Iyuna right about? That I can't hit something two feet away?” he demanded.

“I--!”

“That I'm a baby?!” he cried. Malik's fingers tightened so much the Prince had to wrench himself free! “Is that what you said Prince? Is that what you think?!”
 
“Yes!” the Prince cried, glaring up at Malik. “I said she was right, because you're acting like a child having a tantrum!” It was true. Bam said Malik thought he was so mature, but now all Ryou saw was an overgrown child, upset because he couldn't get his way. Malik glared at Ryou, and for a second Ryou thought he saw sadness behind the angry eyes. They were bright and shiny like he might cry but no tears fell.
 
What happened in the next instant, I can tell you, neither one expected.
 
Wack!
 
Ryou froze, his head swung to the side. Time seemed to stop for a few seconds. A stinging burned on his cheek…he dully realized that the other Egyptian had hit him. Blinking, he raised a hand to his cheek and turned back to Malik. The blonde's chest was heaving up and down like he'd just run a mile. His eyes, so full of rage and sadness, suddenly widened as if realizing what he'd just done. With a growl he turned around and kicked another rock off of the cliff, muttering a string of vile curses.
 
Ryou felt pricks in the corner of his eyes. It hurt…He sighed in defeat and leaned his head on his one good knee. His insides squirmed with fright. Bakura had pushed him into a pit of snakes…but Bakura had never hit him. No one had ever dared hit Ryou, in his entire life…He knew the thieves talked big…but none of the thieves, besides Bakura, had ever made a move to touch him until now.
 
“Malik.” Both of the boys turned their heads to see Iyuna standing there, her face still as grim as Ryou had last seen it.
 
“Iyuna?” Malik asked dully.
 
Her gaze shifted from him to Ryou. Her eyes pierced through him like pointy knives. “The Thief King wants to see you now.” Her voice was grave. He sighed, and stood up, avoiding the Prince's eyes as he left.
 
Iyuna did not follow him; she went to take his place. The only woman of the group leaned against a nearby bolder, crossing her arms without a word. Ryou watched her and thought about what Bam had told him.
 
`He said she was the same age as me but she looks so much older.' Indeed it was true. The woman's face looked as if it had faced many dangers and tragedies. It might have seen hundreds slaughtered and shed not even one tear. It was cold and set in stone, unlike any other woman he had ever seen…She caught his eye and narrowed her own.
 
“What is it?” she asked. He blinked.
 
“Huh?” he asked.
 
“You're staring at me. What do you want?” she asked coolly. He shook his head.
 
“Nothing, I was just thinking…” he mumbled. She snorted.
 
“I was only kidding in the tunnel. I don't actually go for men like you…” she sneered. Ryou frowned.
 
“I wasn't thinking about that,” he said softly.
 
“That is all men ever think about.” She looked him over. “But you're not really a man, you're just a boy...So what were you thinking about that caused you to gaze at me so long?”
 
“I'm the same age as you,” he replied indigently. She raised a brow.
 
“You don't know how old I am,” she stated.
 
“You're eighteen. Bam told me he was seventeen and that you were a year older than him,” said Ryou with a shrug. She narrowed her eyes and he could imagine her cursing Bam in her mind. “As for what I was thinking…It doesn't really matter does it?” She shrugged…but now she was staring at him. He pretended he didn't notice for a while but grew bored so asked, “What are you staring at?”
 
“You don't look eighteen. You have a baby face and you're scrawny. You look hardly fifteen,” she said, all straightforwardness. He furrowed his brow, unsure if this was an insult or a compliment but before he could ask she turned away. “Don't bother talking anymore, I don't feel very `chatty'.”
 
XXX
 
When it stopped, he was still holding close to the man. Atemu's strong arms still held him close and the two still held their breaths. Only when the sand settled and there was not a sound to be heard, did he open his eyes. He blinked grit and sand from his lashes, and gave his head a little shake. Sand feel from his hair like rain drops from a tree. Once he could see right he gazed at the body beside him in a daze…
 
“Atemu…?” he asked, coughing as he felt sand in his mouth! Indeed, the traveler was holding onto him…rather tightly, but his eyes were closed. Yugi weakly pried the older man's arms off of him and scooted back a bit. He put his hand out behind him—only to find air! He squealed and swayed backwards, but Atemu's hand shot out faster than the blink of an eye and pulled him back. Yugi gasped and leaned against his sandy chest, which heaved up and down in ragged gasps.
 
“The crevice…” Yugi breathed, stealing a glance behind him. Indeed, they were sitting on a small ledge in the canyon, protected by some rocks above. He looked up. They weren't that far from the top, just far enough to find a good hiding spot from the storm. “You saved me,” he said shakily, gazing at Atemu in aw. “Thank you…”
 
The weary man opened his eyes slightly. “You saved me…” he croaked. “Guess we're even now…”
 
Regaining his senses, Yugi looked around…and found no sign of his other companions. His brow formed a worried line. “Where is Honda?” he asked softly. Atemu gave no response. “Honda?” Yugi called. His voice echoed off the rocks then faded away. “Honda?!” He cried at the top of his lungs. Nothing.
 
“The sands must have taken him…” Atemu mumbled.
 
“You mean…?” Little Yugi felt a sudden chill, even in the blistering heat. “He's dead?” he asked, voice trembling. Atemu shook his head.
 
“I saw no one else jump.”
 
`Honda is dead…Just like that…He's gone?'
 
“What about the items?” Yugi asked allowed, although he was more talking to himself. “I need to look for them…And Honda.”
 
`What about Jouno? Where is he now?'
 
“By the time you find him it will probably be too late,” replied Yugi's savior. His eyes were alert now, searching, ready, for something…
 
With dread, Yugi stumbled back up, climbing over rock after rock. It was unpleasant and difficult. He faltered time and time again, bruising his knees and elbows. The sand was slippery against his sandals. When he did reach the top he almost slid off. The sandy ground was hilly and uneven.
 
“Honda? Jouno?”

In the distance he saw the storm, rolling straight for the next group of travelers, or the next town.
 
Everything was fuzzy as he stumbled around in the sand, stopping to dig her and there, desperately searching.
 
For what? Honda? The man hadn't been his friend…but he had trusted Yugi, and his reward was death…The same as Jouno, the fool. Was that justice?
 
`It doesn't matter…What matters now is finding that trunk!'
 
So he began to dig. He dug and dug and dug and dug…
 
“Oh Ra, please help! Where has the sand buried that trunk?” He fell to his knees, perspiration running down his body. Giving out a cry on anguish he punched the sand under him, sending a handful flying. “It's no use…it's gone…I've failed. It's lost forever…” he whimpered in a trembling voice. Tears welled in the battered boy's eyes. He closed his eyes, biting back a sob. The salty drops feel from his lashes into the sand, making small, dark, spots.
 
For how long he sat there and cried is unknown. He sobbed until he felt he had no more tears left. Yugi stood, and noticed the sun was just starting its evening fall. Wiping moister from his face, he climbed back down the rocky wall, trying to look down at the large canyon below.
 
`Now what do I do?' he thought miserably, climbing back onto the ledge he'd left Atemu. At least, he'd thought he'd left Atemu there. Yugi was shocked to find the traveler missing! “Atemu?” he called. Where could the man have gone? He'd looked weak as a lamb before. “Atemu? Where are you?” He spun around and looked out into the crevice. It was huge, but Atemu couldn't have gotten far could he? “Where are you?” he asked.
 
“Down here!” called a voice. Yugi peered downward, and saw the man was standing, far below, on what looked like a path going down the side of the canyon wall! He was walking away, without even turning to look at the boy.
 
“Hey! Wait!” He reached out his hand, as if the very action would stop his only companion, but Atemu didn't even pause. He walked slowly, swaying as he did, but kept up a steady pace. “Wait!” Yugi called again, beginning to climb down after him.
 
“You're sick and hurt! Where are you going? Stop!” he kept talking as he nervously climbed down. He was in such a hurry he lost his footing and fell! Lucky for Yugi it wasn't a long drop. He landed on his rear and hissed in pain. Wincing, Yugi stood up, his legs wobbling. “Wait for me!” This time the man did stop, and turn. He waited silently as Yugi hobbled over, rubbing his bruised shin. “I helped you! The least you could wait for me…” he muttered.

“I already said we were even,” Atemu replied simply, his tired eyes looking Yugi over.
 
“But—but—you can't just leave! I mean, where are you going to go?” Yugi stammered. “There's no one but us now! Shouldn't we stick together?” he asked nervously. The man heaved a sigh.
 
“One,” he said, holding up a finger, “We're not the only people here. You're never alone in the desert. Two,” he held up another finger, “I can leave, and I suggest you do the same, unless you want to brave the cold darkness of the desert by night, and three,” he held up a final finger, but Yugi never got to hear the man's next sentence because it was then that the man fainted.
 
“Oh no!” Yugi kneeled beside him. “Atemu? Are you alright?” The man groaned, and gritted his teeth in frustration.
 
“I'll be fine…” he replied, grabbing Yugi's shoulder for support to stand once more.
 
“No you won't be. You'll most certainly die if you keep this up!” Yugi argued.
 
“I've lived out here long enough, I think I know how to survive,” Atemu grumbled. Yugi bit his lower lip. Truth be told he was desperate for the man to stay with him. Or else Yugi would be left to fend for himself in the cold, unfriendly desert. He had a feeling the man must have known this, because he looked the boy over again and his eyes softened a bit. “But I take it you have not?” Yugi opened his mouth to stay something but the man cut him off. “Of course you haven't.” He let out a long breath and Yugi took the chance to speak, “We should find a place to rest as soon as possible.”

Atemu was silent…Yugi knew the man was debating on if he should allow Yugi to come along with him. After a minute he nodded his head. “Come. We must make haste…”
 
XXX
 
The sun was setting when Marik came out to take Iyuna's place. Malik was beside him, looking at the ground humbly.
 
“Have a fun night-watch,” Iyuna said as she stretched. Marik snorted and shook his head with a grimace.
 
“I doubt we'll see anything tonight. The storm would have taken out any of the Pharaoh's soldiers,” he replied, crossing his arms and looking out at the dark desert.
 
“What?” Ryou asked suddenly, turning to face Marik, and sending a shot of dull pain through his leg. He's been lost in thought, staring out into the desert. The Prince had already made a list in his head of things he'd do once he got back to the palace…He was going to go straight to his Father, to see him, to see his face again. He'd get married to Elizabeth, whether he loved her or not. Then, he would take charge of his Kingdom, and the first thing he would do: Put a stop to Thief King Bakura.
 
“If Daddy dearest sent out any men to come retrieve you then they're probably long dead by now,” Marik said flatly. “This means you're probably going to be with us quite longer than the King first thought.” Ryou's mouth dropped open a bit. No…If the soldiers had perished...How long would it be before Father realized he had to send more men? Ryou didn't mean to feel selfish. Of course he would feel sorry for the men who had died trying to save him…But at the moment all he could think about was how long he'd have to stay with these people. These people who hit him and knocked him into pits filled with snakes…
 
“Guess you'll just have to put up with us that long little Prince,” Iyuna said smugly. When the Prince didn't reply, Iyuna walked back into the cave.
 
“The Thief King wants to see you in his chambers,” Marik informed him. Ryou noticed the larger man frowning deeply as he gazed at the Prince. Malik simply looked away.
 
`Why?' Ryou wondered.
 
Marik carried him through the cave. He was getting used to it now…but hoped he'd be able to walk again soon, and wondered fearfully if he'd have to use a cane for the rest of his life.
 
“I doubt it. If you go back to the palace one of the Priests could fix it up right,” replied Marik, in his same, low, straightforward voice.
 
“What do you mean `if'?” he asked. Marik glanced at him.
 
“Hm?”
 
“What do you mean `if'? Why did you say `If you go back to the palace.'?” He asked nervously. Marik didn't reply. Ryou noticed, whenever he carried the boy, he kept his eyes straight ahead, and rarely looked at the Prince.
 
“Why did you say--?!”
 
“You never mind what I said,” he said sternly.
 
When they reached the back of the cave Ryou shivered. It was cold…Sure it had been getting cool outside as night rolled in, but now it was really cold…It made him miss the sun again.
 
Bakura was lounging on his bed, surrounded by jewels, velvet pillows, blankets of satin, and many lit candles. Aside from his red cloak and linen loin cloth he wore nothing, which was a bit distracting as he was leaning back with his legs spread apart. Ryou scowled at his indecency.
 
`How can he wear so little when it's so cold?' the Prince thought. But as the curtain fell back into place behind him, unexpected warmth hit him. The room felt…cozy. It must have been because of all the candles.
 
“Ah, the Prince is here. Good.” He nodded in approval. “Thanks…” Marik nodded his head and set Ryou down on the rug, where there was an older, tattered blanket laid out for him. He was about to scowl again when he noticed something. Marik and Bakura looked at one another and exchanged a look…A half smile of sorts. It only lasted a moment, and then Marik stepped back.
 
“Bakura,” he said in parting.
 
“Marik,” Bakura replied, and Marik left. “…Now,” Bakura sat up and crossed his arms. He gazed down at the boy with stony eyes and Ryou wondered if he was angry…But what had Ryou done wrong? He hadn't done anything! Had he? The man slid off his bed and knelt down by the boy, who drew away instinctively. Bakura grabbed his chin firmly. “Ah ah ah…Stay still.”
 
“Wha--…why?” he asked. Bakura was staring at his face with narrowed eyes. Ryou felt his thumb rub along his cheek and he winced. That's where Malik had hit him…Was there bruise? Was that why Marik had frowned when looking at him? Bakura was giving the same, angry frown.
 
“It's a shame. What fool Malik was to ruin your face with a mark like this,” he grumbled. Ryou furrowed his brow in confusion. Bakura continued, paying more attention to the boy's face than his comfort. “You won't have to worry about another incident like this again. I don't tolerate those who cross my lines…Malik understands that, and has insured me it will never happen again.”
 
“It won't?” Ryou asked, dumbly.
 
“No, it won't. At least not from Malik. He's not aloud. No one is for that matter. No one is aloud to touch the thief King's property.”
 
Bakura's words made a shiver run all the way down his spine. His red eyes flickered in the candlelight, and Ryou saw something in them that he couldn't place. It made the hair on his arm stand on end, and any warmth that had filled the room now seemed gone. It was something about his eyes...and his words…
 
“You may say you're not my property,” he continued, stroking the boy's cheek lightly. “You may think you're not my property, but I stole you. You are mine now. Another treasure for my grand collection…” He trailed off, and tilted Ryou's head to the side, inspecting his cheek still.
 
The Prince couldn't breath. He couldn't move. He felt like a mouse, trapped in the coils of a large snake. A snake with very hungry eyes…
 
“Heh…” Bakura smirked. “Afraid?” Ryou opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. The Thief chuckled his deep chuckle, and released Ryou's chin. He didn't say anything more; just went back to the bed. “Why don't you get some sleep Prince?” He pinched his fingers around each candle wick, leaving only one lit.
 
Ryou just sat there in the dark.
 
He didn't sleep a wink all night.
 
XXX
 
Emmy: Ok I'm really sorry this is so late! I've been busy, as usual. I'm not too happy with this chapter, but I just thought I should write it. The next one will be better I hope. R&R please!