Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden Glory ❯ The Tale of Yami ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It all began in thousands of years ago... I was only a prince then, prince Yugioh of Amenhotep Dynasty in egypt.
My tutor, Simon Muran taught me a game called Duel Monsters.
He gave me his best runes (Or to you, cards.) and the we played a 'Duel' if I studied well.
Of course, my passion for the game was overwhelming so I escaped at night dressed as a commoner to 'duel' with others.
I made friends with two commoners known as Teana and Jono, ancient ancestors of Tea and Joey, Yugi's friends.
We dueled at night, however Simon caught me escaping one night and tried to stop me.
He challenged me to a duel and I won, so he allowed me free pass to duel, but I had to beat him every night.
One night Simon and I found the Grande Mage, Heishin and Seto (Ancestor of Kaiba) taking over the palace.
Heishin and Seto attacked me and I escaped saving the Millenium Puzzle, however Heishin caught me and challenged me to a duel.
However my skill was not good enough and I fell to his dueling skill.
Simon used the last of his power to defend me and I shattered the puzzle to stop Heishin from using it's power.
Simon and I were trapped inside, waiting for a soul strong enough to fix the puzzle and release me...

Many millenia later, a boy named Yugi solved the puzzle. However my soul was transferred to his, and I became Yami, his all-powerful alter ego.
After his plight as the chosen one was complete I was sent back in time to a year after I shattered the puzzle.
I dueled the mages of the lands and claimed all the other Millenium Items as my own.
I used the powers of the Items to defeat Seto and Heishin in duels, however the darkness magic Heishin casted sent powerful demons raging through the world.
Nightmares were released and I had to fight them and create the mighty Exodia to stop them.
My father and mother were killed, and I became king.

However I entrusted Simon, now known as the god Paradox to protect the items.
Simon was killed thousands of years later and replaced by the mortal Shadi.
However when I died my soul was sent back into the Puzzle, and I once again joined Yugi on his quest.
History was overwritten, and I live forever on in the puzzle.