Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fragile Flower ❯ New Students, and Seto's Mad ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fragile Flower

My first Yu-Gi-OH! fanfiction story. Will eventually be a yaoi relationship with Joey/Seto and Yami/Ryou. Don't know why, I just think that they would go good together. Oh yeah, I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh, or the cards they use on the show or any of the cards from the card game or video games, etc.

Chapter 1: New Students, and Seto's Mad

Yugi was happily walking to school with his best friend and twin Yami when Joey Wheeler came up behind them. "Yo, guys."

"Hi, Joey," said Yugi. "How are you?"

"I guess I'm alright for the moment. Just hope I don't run into Seto Kaiba again." Joey sighed as he recalled what happened the night before. "He was pretty pissed that I 'accidentally' broke his laptop."

"What did you do?" inquired Yami.

"I sat on it."

"Why?"

"I was bored. Didn't know it would break."

Yami couldn't believe how stupid Joey could be sometimes. He looked at his brother and decided not to question Joey any further. He was glad that the two were still friends, even after Joey had dumped Yugi for the new teacher they had in biology. Oh well. Guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. At least… they stayed friends.

The rest of the way to school, Yugi kept teasing Joey about how it was very possible to break a laptop by just sitting on it. They hadn't even noticed that there was someone following them. "Wheeler," came an icy voice behind them.

"What? Ah, Kaiba, hi." Joey smiled the best he could, trying to hide his fear. No one ever angered Seto Kaiba and lived to tell about it.

"You owe me for that laptop," said Kaiba. "All $145 of it."

"Say what?! You know I don't have that kind of money, Kaiba!"

"Then get a job, dog. You need to pay for it."

Yami stepped in front of Joey. "You have enough money to pay for it yourself, though, don't you, Kaiba?"

"Shut up, Yami! I will not allow fools like him get away with such things."

"You will be the one to shut up, Kaiba," Yami threatened. He was never afraid to fight, even if it meant detention for him and attention for his quiet brother.

Kaiba just growled and walked away, just as the school bell was sounding. This was going to be a long day.

***

Class was going to be different today since they had two new students. Another set of twins was to be included in their class from now on. Ryou and Bakura Ishida. Both were albino, and had brown eyes. Yami was surprised. For two people who looked so much alike, they were almost total opposites in personality. Then again, he and Yugi were the same way just about. It shouldn't come as such a big surprise.

Then the class was paired up for their assignment that was to be turned in by the end of class. Yami and Joey were partners, Kaiba and the new guy Bakura, and Yugi was with Ryou. "Hi; I'm Yugi," said the blond boy.

"Hello, Yugi. My name is Ryou, but you probably knew that already since the teacher told everyone." Ryou smiled kindly at the usually quiet teen. His brown eyes softened as he began to think that this Yugi fellow could become a good friend. "Bakura didn't really wanna come here. He said that it was a sissy school, but I wanted to come here. I heard that it has great courses. What do you suggest for someone who wants to become a writer, Yugi?"

The blond boy tilted his head up slightly while he thought. "Probably a creative writing class, or an honors English class. I hear that they do a lot of writing in those two classes."

"Really? Thanks."

"Sure. Are you interested in any language classes?"

"Well… not really."

"Oh. I'm taking Spanish right now. It's pretty tough when you don't understand what the teacher is saying, though." Yugi looked at the clock. "Whoops; we better get working now before class is over."

"Oh, right. Kinda got off track, didn't we?"

"Now… question 1…"

***

"C'mon, Yami," said Joey as he tried to get his friend concentrated on the schoolwork they had to complete in less than 20 minutes. "Why do you keep looking over to Yugi? I'm sure he'll be fine."

"After what you did to him?" Yami glared at the sandy-blond-haired boy. "He didn't deserve that you know."

"Look, I feel really bad about that too, but he's fine… isn't he?" Joey asked, hoping that Yugi didn't blame himself for the breakup. Joey just didn't feel that way for him. "At least he isn't with Kaiba."

"Which reminds me," Yami said, grinning at his friend, "why do you keep talking about Kaiba? And doesn't he always leave his laptop at home? Why would you be there?"

"W-WHAT?!!!!!!!" Joey shouted.

"Mr. Wheeler," said the teacher, "please, if you're going to make that much noise, wait till after class."

"Sorry, teach'." Joey looked back at his grinning friend. "Thanks a lot, wise guy."

"Anytime, Joey."

"Shut up."

***

Seto Kaiba had turned in his and Bakura's work 15 minutes ago, but the teacher still made them sit together. He glared at the newcomer, feeling that he was very untrustworthy. "I heard some guy broke your laptop. Fools really do go to this school."

"Don't even try to start a friendship with me, Bakura." Kaiba turned his head toward Joey, thinking of ways to torture him if he didn't get his money any time soon. It's not like he needed it, he just didn't want people to think he was a nice guy.

"You seem obviously interested in him," Bakura said, tearing the brunette from his thoughts. "What exactly happened between you two?"

"Nothing that would interest a nobody like you."

Bakura just glared back, then looked over toward his brother. Ryou seems to really be enjoying himself, he thought. Perhaps he's finally made a friend. "Who's that boy with Ryou?" he asked Kaiba.

"That's Yugi. His twin brother, Yami, is over there." He pointed to the blonde's twin, who seemed to be having fun causing trouble for the taller boy with him.

Bakura leaned back in his seat. Maybe Ryou would be able to make many new friends at this school. That would be good. Ryou didn't really have any friends, just Bakura. Hopefully, he would be able to speak more and even start eating like he used to, instead of just picking at his food like he did now. Maybe, someday, he would become the Ryou that Bakura missed.

***

Once class was over, Ryou walked over to Yugi. "I was wondering if maybe we could meet up somewhere after school," he said.

"Sure!" exclaimed Yugi. "We can go to my grandpa's game shop."

"A game shop?" questioned Ryou.

"Yeah. We even have the new card game there. Duel Monsters."

"I have my own deck already. Do you play, Yugi?"

"Only against Yami, and he always wins," Yugi explained. "He always beats me with his favorite card, Dark Magician."

"I love that card! It's so rare! How did he get it?"

"I'm not sure… I think it was a birthday present. Well, he got the Dark Magician, and I got the Summoned Skull. They're both awesome cards, don't you think?"

Ryou smiled. "Yes they are, unfortunately I don't have them. Instead, I use my Change of Heart card to control my opponent's monsters. It's useful against a skilled player."

"Really?" asked Yugi. "It sounds really cool. A magic card?"

"Yes. It's sorta like Bakura and me mixed into one."

"Wow."

***

After school, Yugi and Yami met up with Bakura and Ryou outside the building. "Why are we taking them to Grandfather's shop, Yugi?" Yami asked his innocent twin casually.

"Well, I just thought it would be nice to have some more friends. Besides, Ryou could really help me out with Duel Monsters."

"Well, alright. As long as nothing bad happens to you after what Joey did."

"Yami, you still didn't forgive him yet?"

"Look, Yugi. I can't help it. He broke your fragile heart. I don't want that to ever happen again."

"Yami…" Yugi smiled at his brother's concern for him. "We better hurry before Grandpa starts to worry!"

Yami watched silently as his brother and Ryou ran ahead of him and Bakura. Yugi really is strong after all, he thought with a grin. He turned to Bakura. "Looks like you're the wild one."

"It's alright. Ryou is just too soft for his own good."

"I see. Yugi is quiet at school, but when he's playing a game or something like that you can't seem to shut him up."

Bakura smirked as he followed Yami the rest of the way. "A gamer, eh? Ryou is too. He's into the new card game, Duel Monsters."

"So is Yugi, but he can't seem to beat me," Yami said, stopping in front of the game shop. "Go on in; I have something to pick up from the pharmacy for Grandfather anyway."

"Alright… um, what was your name again?"

"Yami."

"Right. Well, be careful. I hear that there are some duelist gangs around here. They'll challenge you and take your cards if you lose; all of them."

"Thank you, Bakura."

"Anything for a guy like you. Hopefully we can all be friends. It'll really help Ryou out a lot."

"Of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I thought this sounded pretty bad, but what do you, the readers, think? *bonks herself on the head with plastic hammer that suddenly appeared in her hand* I hate the ending…but…I will try harder! I will do my best!…I will do better next chapter…I hope…