Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ From Real to Yugiverse ❯ The unknown gift ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter one: The unknown gift

" Man!" The girl yelled in frustration as she struggled through the crowded hallway. Finally making it to the classroom she huffed, her heartbeat fast. " This is so not my day. Ugh, thank god this is my last period."

Class went on as usual in the class she dreaded most, math!

Staring at the clock near the door, Chantal watched it slowly tick towards the bell. At times it felt to her as if the gears were frozen in place. Suddenly the bell rang, her gateway to freedom. As her face lit up, she grabbed her things, rushing out of there.

It was October 27th 2003 which meant only one thing, her birthday!!

Chantal giggled to herself as she made it to her door. Putting her hand on the knob, she opened it, her foot knocking against something. Looking down she spotted a small package with a small envelope taped to it's surface. Picking it up she went into the living room.

" Hey all," dropping everything, she plopped down on the chair and removed her shoes. Wiggling her toes she glanced over to see Heather on the computer. " Heather come on. Get off the computer."

" Chantal come on! You always hog the comp!"

Annoyingly Chantal turned to face Heather," Hey you know my routine, when 'Young Hercules comes on you can have the computer, not before., that's 2 1/2 hours there." Smiling she added, " Plus it's my birthday."

Heather groaned heading upstairs as Chantal triumphantly took her seat.

After about an hour of surfing and talking to her online buddies on aim and yahoo, she got up to eat dinner. It went as usual as everything else, although her family never ate together at the table.

" Mom, remember. I don't want Melissa here." Chantal said putting her plate in the sink, her eyes and emotions darkening at the thought of that girl.

The lights going out, they sang.

" Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you."

Smiling sheepishly Chantal blew out all eighteen candles, making a wish.

Yawning Chantal collapsed on her bed eying her presents. A starter deck of Yu- Gi-Oh! cards and an extravagant necklace. " Hmmmm. What's this?" She picked up the small brown package from earlier, " Oh yea, almost forgot about that."

Quickly she tore open the small envelope, reading the contents of the note.

' Enjoy this day. It is done.'

" Huh? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Glancing yet againat the package, she opened it. Her face brightened. Whoa!! Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. These are all rare too!!!" Squealing with delight she added them to her already growing deck.

A chill ran up Chantal's spine as her deck glowed. It pulsed with a mysterious electric blue light.

" Uh.... What the--- Hey wait a second here, what's going on?!!" She screamed as the light exploded from her deck into the room, engulfing her. A last zap of light was all that remained as her screams and protests echoed into the light.

To be continued.........

Next time:

Chapter two: Bizarre realization

A/n: Hope you liked. Don't forget to REVIEW! Please lay off the bashing. This is my first attempt at a Yu-Gi-Oh! fanfic. If you have any constructive help/criticism, I would appreciate it.