Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ From the Past ❯ Part I ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: From the Past 1/? Author: Telpei Rating: PG-13 (for now...we'll see how the rest of this goes) Pairing(s): Various combinations of Seto, Joey, Jouno, and Seth Spoilers: Nope. This is an AU. Disclaimer: Not mine!

Summary: Joey gets accidentally summons High Priest Seth back from the past. The Priest has to get back to his slave Jouno, but he can't get back to his own time until the past has been repeated...

[For a Dragon's Lair (Yahoo Group) Challenge

Inspired by Plot Bunny # 28: by Kari

The high priest Seth is somehow transported to present day Domino. Joey is the one who finds him. Joey and the others try to find a way to send him home. Both Joey and Seto (or at least one of them) will begin to question themselves due to Seth's presence, and the fact that Joey is the reincarnation of Seth's lover/slave.]

***

The air around him was cool, and a slight breeze tousled his blonde bangs. He fingered something smooth and warm in his hand, and his amber eyes widened as a sudden mist swirled around him, enveloping him in its damp and foggy whiteness. He blinked, and when he opened his eyes again he was in a green clearing with a fountain and a small pond to his right. The sky above him was darkening, the sun shining over the treetops and bathing him in its warm evening glow. At the end of the path ahead of him, he could see a large white mansion, and he frowned in confusion. "Kaiba's place? I shouldn't be here..."

And then, all of a sudden, there was a flash of light and a rumble of thunder, and he was knocked to the ground when something large and heavy (although not completely uncomfortable) landed on top of him.

He blinked again as he looked up and found himself staring into azure blue eyes that were so familiar and yet so different at the same time.

"Jouno?" the owner of said eyes murmured, the strange voice flooding the blonde's senses...

Before he jerked awake and sat up straight in bed. One glance at the clock was enough to have the strange dream forgotten as he swore and scrambled out of his blankets, already reaching for his school uniform.

And so it was that the day started out normal enough for Joey Wheeler (aside from the dream). He rushed through getting dressed, skipped breakfast, grabbed a piece of dental gum instead of brushing his teeth, couldn't find any money for his lunch, and hurried out the door (forgetting his math homework).

By the time he had sprinted half-way to school, Joey screeched to a halt on the sidewalk and cursed rather loudly. This earned him several un-amused looks from adults passing by, and he grinned sheepishly before continuing on his way at a slower pace.

"Kuso..." he muttered, kicking a stone out of his way as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "I can't believe I forgot my math! I'd actually finished it for once..." With a sigh, he kicked the stone again and trudged along, scowling to himself and murmuring random curses under his breath. "Maybe I should just skip..." he mused, reaching down to pick up the stone he'd been kicking and tossing it up and down as he turned a corner. He could see the school in the distance, but everyone was inside already.

He sighed again (for what seemed like the millionth time that day...and it wasn't even lunch time yet) and pocketed the smooth rock, jogging the rest of the way to the school. He had a feeling this rotten string of bad luck was going to continue...

***

Lunch time eventually did roll around, but Joey's fortunes hadn't improved much. He was sitting in the cafeteria at his friends' usual table, stealing some of Yugi's fries (if you remember correctly, he'd been unable to find his own lunch money), and ignoring Tristan's taunts about the math teacher's lecture on 'responsibility' as his friend gobbled down his own meal.

The blonde rolled his eyes as his the brunette hit him a little too hard on the shoulder, and he punched his best friend back before Yugi cut in with a frown. With a sigh, Joey was about to argue that Tristan had been the one to start the fight in the first place, but before he got a chance to open his mouth, his amber eyes landed on another brunette a few empty tables across the room from them…that happened to be staring at him with cold blue eyes…those eyes…why did they look so familiar? In a sudden rush, the dream hit Joey in a tidal-wave-effect and he jumped to his feet and pointed across the cafeteria at one Seto Kaiba, declaring rather loudly "You!? What the hell were you doing in my dream?!"

This, of course, caused The Supreme Silence in the cafeteria, and only then did Joey realize what he had just yelled. His index finger was still pointing directly at Kaiba, but the only response the brunette had mustered was a quirked eyebrow. The young executive picked up his laptop and got to his feet, somehow maintaining eye contact with the blonde the entire time. "Dreaming about me, Wheeler? Just can't keep your mind off of your master, can you? Next you'll be asking me to get you to roll over."

Kaiba's cool comment disturbed The Supreme Silence, and Joey's pointed finger dropped to his side as the entire school population erupted into laughter, led by Tristan (whom Joey had thought to be his best friend). The blonde shot a glare at the brunette and stepped away from his chair. "This ain't finished, Kaiba," he shouted over the continuing (and increasingly annoying) laughter. The CEO didn't spare him a second glance, however, as he gathered the rest of his things and exited the cafeteria with a smug look on his face.

Joey was left smoldering with anger as the laughter sounded around him, and in that moment, he swore to get revenge. Yes, revenge would be his. Now all he needed was a plan...

*~*

Joey scowled as he fingered the smooth stone in his pocket from that morning. He'd spent the rest of his afternoon avoiding a certain billionaire and threatening to kick Tristan's ass for the teasing. His so called 'best friend' hadn't let up with jokes concerning erotic dreams and dog trainers.

The blonde shook his head slightly as he attempted to clear his angry thoughts. "This is all Kaiba's fault," he muttered as he pulled the stone out of his pocket and tossed it up and down. The rock was smooth, and since it had been in his pocket it was delightfully warm. "I'm gonna get him back real good...somehow," he promised with conviction in his voice as his eyes narrowed into a glare. "All I need is something to use against him...like blackmail or something..."

Joey's evil, plotting thoughts were interrupted, however, as the stone suddenly heated to extreme temperatures and bright blue eyes flashed in his memory. He dropped the rock with a yelp and surveyed the damage before he turned his curious amber eyes on the stone. "What the..." he muttered as he stooped to touch it experimentally, surprised to find that it was now quite cool. He picked it up and stood there for a moment looking at it for a moment of thought before he continued on his way. Those eyes had been the same ones in his dream. Kaiba's eyes.

"This is just too weird," he murmured under his breath as he continued his way home down the sidewalk. "What the hell is wrong with this damn rock anyway?"

And at that exact moment, Joey decided that things were getting out of hand. Especially when a strange mist enveloped him and he was suddenly no longer walking on cement. Instead, he was surrounded by plants, and in the distance he could just make out the roof of the Kaiba mansion over the tops of the trees. "No fucking way..." the blonde whispered to himself, taking a step backwards warily. "This is just...crazy...I must have finally lost it..." He pinched himself, but it was no use. He cursed and swore, but it did not make the situation any better.

It was later in the day than it should have been. School let out at four...and it usually took Joey half an hour or so to walk home, but the sun was already sinking in the sky. "Where the hell did the day go?!?" he wondered worriedly, his voice pitched a little higher than he would have liked. His thoughts had inevitably turned back to his dream, and he glanced up, wondering when Kaiba (well, some stranger with eyes that looked exactly like Kaiba's) was going to land on him.

The stone was still in his fingers, and after staring up through the leaves of the trees at the darkening sky, he decided it was safe to look down for a moment to eye the rock. For the first time since he'd picked it up, he took a really good look at it.

It was a gray stone, with a white stripe through the center. Joey frowned as he brought the rock closer to his eyes, and even in the dim light he could make out the scratchings in the white strip. "Holy shit," he muttered, turning it over to get a look at the other side. "I found a magic rock and now my dream is replaying itself. Why couldn't I have had a better dream? Like one where I got home on time so my dad wouldn't chew me out? He's gonna freak when I do get back..."

And then it happened. There was a flash of light and a rumble of thunder...and Joey found himself on his ass, staring up into surprised blue eyes.

"Jouno?"

Oh.

Shit.

***TBC***

AN: Can anyone find the line that I stole from PotC? (I don't own that either).

To Kari: I'm so glad I got your bunny...this is going to be such a fun fic to write. I so love this pairing. Seth shall be very evil and plotting, muahahahahaha!