Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Gone ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 1

Sorry about the shortness of this chapter. Whoops! I already have the next one typed up, so it will be up within an hour! ^__^

Yugi was sitting at his desk in school, waiting for the bell to ring. Normally he liked school, but today he couldn't stand it. He had to get home. He HAD to. "Yugi?" the teacher had called on him. "Uhhhh," Yugi didn't know what to say he hadn't been paying attention. The teacher sighed. "Tea, do YOU know the answer?" "Of course," Tea said. "The answer is 1942." Yugi's friends looked at him strangely. He was rarely caught daydreaming. Yugi looked down at his feet. Finally, the bell rang, and the class got packed up and left.

"Hey, what's the rush, Yugi?" Yugi was running as he left the building, running to get home.

"I . . . uh . . . I have to get home so I can close up the shop."

"Don't your parents do that?"

"Yeah, well . . . they're working late tonight, so I have to do it. Bye." Yugi started running home.

"I wonder what's bothering Yugi." Joey said.

"He's probably just in a rush." Triston answered.

"I dunno, it looked like he had tears in his eyes when he said he had to go home to close the shop. Maybe it's just me."

"Hmm." Said Tea.

As soon as he got home, Yugi took off his shoes, coat, and backpack and went up to his room at a running speed. He locked the door once he got inside, flopped down on his bed and cried. He heard a knock at his bedroom door. "Yugi?" It was Yami. "Yugi, what's wrong?" Yugi didn't answer, he just continued to cry into his pillow. "Yugi, why won't you let me in? You can talk to me." Yugi got up and unlocked the door, then went back on his bed. Yami sat down next to Yugi and hugged him. "What's wrong, aibou?" Yugi cried on Yami for a while. Yami rocked him and tried to comfort him. Soon Yugi settled down and talked to Yami. "What's wrong?" Yami repeated. Finally Yugi answered.

"They're gone Yami. Gone."