Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of Honesty ❯ Heart of Honesty ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Heart of Honesty
 
 
Anubis sighed deeply, looking at the small girl still asleep in her strange glass container in his holy temple in ancient Egypt. She was to be the next goddess for Egypt when the time was right.
 
Such a delicate thing. All alone in Ancient Egypt when some one could- Wait!
 
Anubis heard, yelling, and looked down from his place in the sky to see a familiar white haired thief in his temple. A large grey snake-beast at his side.
 
“Diabound! Get the girl!”
 
`No!' Anubis thought, as he watched the creature go into the secret room that held her. It broke the container, the girl in the palm of his hand, a light blue dress on her. Anubis knew the thief was going to mock him for not sending down more animals to guard her, and he did.
 
“HAHA! In your face, Anubis!” He yelled, as he and his Ka left the temple.
 
&& Thief King Bakura's Hide out &&
 
-Bakura's POV-
 
I had just returned with what was rumored to be the next goddess of Egypt. A goddess is pretty valuable. Too valuable to sell. So I'll keep her. She might be a good thing to keep the place clean while I was away pissing off the pharaoh.
 
Pharaoh Atem.
 
Oh, I wasn't going to let him have this one. Over my dead body! I laid her down on my bed. I looked her over. She had very long cream colored hair, probably to her hips. I couldn't see her eyes, but I could see her body. Man, she had all the right curves in all the right places! Petite waist, nice hips, nice chest-
 
“Mmmnn…” She moaned, shutting her eyes tight, before they opened.
 
Aquamarine.
 
Her eyes were aquamarine.
 
She looked at me and blinked.
 
“Who are you?”
“Thief King Bakura.” I said proudly. She only sat up.
“My name is…”
 
I looked at her waiting for her name. But it didn't come. She looked down at the bed covers sadly.
 
“Forgive me, King Bakura. I…don't…really remember the name I was given-“She looked away. “How sad-“
 
I noticed she had Egyptian symbols carved into the back of her neck. They read `Cleopatra'.
 
“Is your name Cleopatra?”
 
She turned and looked at me, smiling.
 
“Yes! My name is Cleopatra Lullaby!”
 
* 3 days later *
 
Bakura and Cleopatra rode on horse back to the Pharaoh's palace. There was suppose to be a party, and Bakura planned to raid the treasury. Now that Cleopatra was with him, she could assist. He job was to stay at the party in Bakura's absence, and not say anything resolving around Bakura, meaning not giving out his whereabouts or where he was.
 
They entered the palace. Cleopatra in a black cloak that hid everything, even her feet. Gloves were on her hands. She was content, and at one time had told him that as long as she would help, she was happy. They got off of the horses and tied them up; Cleopatra and Bakura entered the palace and went into the entertainment hall.
 
“Welcome, Guests!” One of the priests greeting warmly. Bakura left Cleopatra to deal with him.
 
She sat down at one of the tables and kept to herself. Pulling out a piece of paper, continuing a drawing she had been making of someone she saw in her dreams.
 
“Lovely picture, Miss.”
 
She looked up into a pair of ocean blue eyes that looked thoughtfully into hers. She blushed slightly, but under all her black clothing, it could not be seen. He sat down in front of her. And from the look of his attire, he was probably a High Priest.
 
“I'm High Priest Seth. And I was wondering if you believed in love at first sight.”