Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Heaven vs. Hell ❯ Understanding the Enemy ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:I have no ownership over YGO. But I do own shadow powers so don't sue or ELSE!!!!!
 
Jake: Sooo…how long is Damien going to stay like this??? *prods wings*
 
Sonja: Until the end of the fic.
 
Damien: Wight as well get used to them, knowing my sister, this fic is going to be longer then the Order of the Phoenix
 
Midori: …which is 870 pages long, mind you.
 
Sonja: Right. So might as well get started on this fic!
 
Damien: And thank you Dragonlady222 for the review.
 
Jake: If it wasn't for you we would be in hell right now.
 
Sonja: Hehehehehe…
 
Legend:
“Speech”
`Thoughts'
Coming from a book
-Yugi to Yami-
=Yami to Yugi=
 
Chapter 1:
Understanding the Enemy
 
 
 
It was now Tuesday morning; Yugi was barely awake and struggling to get out of bed, while Yami was already up and about downstairs. Just like Yugi yesterday, Yami was pondering about the news yesterday. `I've never seen Aibou so scared before! It can't have been any ordinary attack, no. Even when Yugi showed me all the new machines in this time, nothing could make that kind of damage. Hmm…I wonder if he'll let me investigate this…'
 
Yami slowly crept upstairs to his hikari, still in his pajamas, trying to get dressed.
 
“Aibou?” He called.
 
“Yea?” Yugi replied.
 
“Can I go to the library?”
 
“Yeah sure, why?”
 
“I'm going to investigate this…what do you call it?”
 
“Mystery?”
 
“Yeah, that.”
 
“Alright.”
 
And with that, Yami left for the Domino library.
 
The library was an old building. It looked like a cathedral, since it used to be one until 20 or so years ago, according to Yugi. As Yami walked through the old oak doors he was immediately surrounded by books. He walked along the shelves, not knowing what he was looking for. He racked his brains to find some sort of keyword to go by.
 
`What can serve as a guide for me? The murders took place in the night; the victims die of blood loss and… wait, wasn't there a race that feed on blood and came out only at night? What did Yugi call it? Umm… a vampire??'
 
He searched the many aisles to find anything on vampires, but to no avail. `Wait, now I remember! Yugi also said that vampires are a mythical race, or so they think… Shouldn't they be in the mythology section?'
 
He strode over to the librarian's desk and asked for the Mythology section. The librarian, a tall balding man somewhere in his late 40's, pointed to a mahogany door by his desk. Yami thanked him and walked through the doors, leading to a circular domed room. He searched and found an old book that looked like it was the oldest book in the library, even older than Yami himself. (Believe me, that's OLD!!) He opened the worn book, blew away the dust, and read the title.
 
A Guide to Monsters and Countries' Beliefs of Them
 
Yami opened the book to a random page and saw a very fine drawing of a dragon. He looked at the description below:
 
Dragons: A mythical race of overly large reptilian creatures that had large scaly wings and long necks and tails. According to the Chinese, dragons were good creatures whose claws and scales were of priceless medicinal value.
 
One mythstates,that the son of an emperor that will be visited by a dragon in his dreams will be the next in line to the crown. They called this claim `The Mandate of Heaven'. [1]
 
Another myth states that a Dragonalong with a Phoenix, a Unicorn and a Turtle helped Pan Gu create the world.
 
Yami stopped reading. `Not what I'm looking for…Yugi said that most guides are arranged alphabetically, so if I remember the present day alphabet right…' He flipped the pages to the letter `V'.
 
He found it. On the first page of the `V' Chapter, he found a detailed drawing of a vampire. It was a tall, lanky man with a flowing black cloak, he had his back turned to Yami but he was looking at him from over his shoulder. His lips curled back in an evil smirk, his long, ivory fangs adding intimidation.
 
Yami looked down at the description.
 
Of all the mythological creatures mentioned in this book, none have been more intimidating than the cunning vampire.
 
Vampires are human-like creatures that feed on the blood of the living. They are also considered the living dead, for varying reasons. The most popular is that, they were once human, but they were stripped of their blood and transformed into blood-sucking demons, forever determined to recover their lost life force.
 
Vampires have an array of powers: Being able to turn into either a singular bat/mouse/crow or a plural form of the latter. Also able to transform into mist, whoever inhales the vampire mist is instantly knocked out. He can also stare directly into your eyes and take complete control of your body. A bite from a vampire can either mean death or transformation into the living dead.
 
A varying number of ways can be used to tell if someone is a vampire. You can:
 
1.) Check if the accused has a reflection in a mirror, for vampires are merely souls, they aren't corporeal.
 
2.) See if the accused ventures out in broad daylight. This is not that accurate a test, for a vampire can merely wear a silver brooch or any other small jewelry that has been left out in the sun for a day to sidestep this symptom.
 
3.) Check if the accused can eat anything spicy or herbal. Because consuming vast amounts of blood leaves a vampire's throat incredibly delicate. (I.e. Garlic, Oregano, Aloe Vera, Any pepper, etc.)
 
4.) Check if the accused can step onto holy ground. (I.e. inside a church, the ground near a cross, any ground splashed with holy water.)
 
5.) If the accused can hold anything holy, like a cross or a crucifix, he is falsely accused.
 
6.) Probably the most accurate and most dangerous way of finding the identity of the living dead, check the base of the neck for a bite mark. A vampire's target of choice is the base of the neck because it is where the skin is the most delicate and it stores a major blood artery.
 
It is still unknown whether a vampire can be reverted back to a human, but drowning a vampire in holy water is rumored to restore the blood and dispel the Devil's grasp on him/her.
 
Probably the most famous vampires in history were Count Dracula and Lord Armagedous. Count Dracula was a fictional character created by Braham Stoker. Lord Armagedous, on the other hand, was a terror in Europe and Africa. An immortal being, Armagedous was a vampire set for world conversion. His plan was to transform the human race, leaving only his kind to populate the world.
 
Said to be born at the beginning of civilization, Armagedous was infamous for being unstoppable and merciless. He had transformed anybody who stood against him and almost succeeded in transformed the western part of the world until he was stopped by the Archangels (See Archangels) who used their own powers to seal him away into darkness.
 
Yami looked up from the book and looked at his watch. “It's already 5 o'clock?!” I'd better borrow this.”
 
He left the room and checked out the book, leaving a very confused librarian behind.
 
Once back at the Kame game shop, He was greeted by Yugi.
 
“Did you find anything?” He asked hopefully.
 
“I think I know what has been causing the recent attacks.” Yami replied, showing Yugi the page he had kept his finger in the whole walk home.
 
“A Vampire?!” Yugi asked in disbelief. “But they're myths!!”
 
“Yes, but there was a time when you thought reincarnation and shadow magic was a myth as well.” Yami said knowingly.
 
Yugi sighed, defeated. “Well, that doesn't explain Joey's sudden turnaround and Kaiba's disappearance.” Yugi pointed out.
 
“I'll find out something…” Yami replied.
 
*************************
 
Later that night, Yami was still reading the book intently, after reading the vampire entry; he began searching for the race mentioned to have defeated the vampires: The Archangels.
 
`Blasted modern alphabet, where can I find the letter `A'?!?!' He thought angrily.
 
-Yami…- Yugi called out through the mind link. -The letter `A' is the first one.-
 
=Aibou! I thought you were asleep…= Yami said, concerned.
 
-I know I should be, but I can't sleep…-
 
=Scared?=
 
-Yeah, a bit. If there really is a vampire loose, how do we know if our friends can be trusted.-
 
Suddenly, it dawned on Yami.
 
=Kaiba and Joey must've been attacked!!= he said.
 
-No way, Joey and Kaiba?!?! You've gone over the deep end, Yami…-
 
=What deep end??=
 
-Never mind…-
 
Suddenly, there was a noise coming from downstairs. Yami looked at the clock, Which said the time was midnight.
 
=Did you hear that?=
 
-Yeah, I'm going down to investigate.-
 
=I'm going with you.=
 
They met each other at the top of the stairs and crept down. What they saw in the living room was…
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
[1]: The mandate of heaven is true, the dragon part is not.
 
Sonja: Haha! Cliffie!!!!!
 
Damien: How evil are you??
 
Jake: think of Malik, 10 times worse…
 
Midori: Who was it?!?
 
Sonja: You'll have to see who in the next installment!! *turns to readers* …you'll have to review if you want me to update…
 
Jake: Update or she'll kill us!!!
 
Sonja: Hehehehehe…