Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Heaven vs. Hell ❯ the Ascension ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Me no own.
 
Wow, how long has it been since I've updated this story?!?! I'm so sorry but I've been focusing on the fics in high demand, like `Team YGO vs. Team Animasters', `A Glimpse of What's to Come…' and `American Songs, YGO style'. But then, I've thought of this fic up till the end, so I've got it going on. But enough babbling, it's on with the fic!!!!!!!!!
 
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
 
When Yugi and Yami looked into the room, they saw the most amazing sight.
 
It was a man, no a boy around 17 or 18, with ebony black hair and sky blue eyes, wearing a white t-shirt and white denim pants and white rubber shoes. But what's most amazing was that this boy had large, snow white wings on his back. He was looking at the two with the utmost shock.
 
“Damn, I never got sneaking right!!!” He cursed.
 
Yami stepped forward and shielded Yugi with his arm. “Who are you? More importantly, what are you?!?!” He asked uncertainly.
 
The winged figure straightened up and flexed his wings so that they were extended to arm's length. Then he straightened them out, so that they were as tall as him.
 
“I'm Jacob. I'm an Archangel.” He said simply.
 
Then Yami had a light bulb flash. “You mean the mythical race of Angels?!?” He asked.
 
“Yes. So you've read about us in the `Monster Guide'?” Jacob asked, raising an eyebrow to Yami.
 
“Yes. You were the ones who defeated Lord Armagedous.” Yami said, recalling the book.
 
Jacob's expression suddenly turned serious. “Well, that's why I'm here.” He said, sitting down on a nearby stool. “I think you two should sit down for this.” He advised.
 
Yami and Yugi sat down on the couch, eager to hear what this angel was going to say.
 
“You two know about Armagedous, right?” Jacob asked. Yami and Yugi nodded. “Well, he's revived himself. By who, we angels will never know, but he's back and he's more vicious than ever before.”
 
Yugi gasped and Yami exclaimed. “What!?!?”
 
Jacob nodded grimly. “Yes, he's back. And we need to beat him, or else the entire human race will cease to exist.”
 
Yugi Piped up. “Why are you telling us?”
 
“Because what he's after is the master of the Millennium Items.” Jacob pointed at Yugi. Yugi's mouth dropped open. “ME?!?!?!” He exclaimed.
 
“Yes, you. He knows about your accomplishments with the Millennium Puzzle and how you defeated other Millennium Item Holders and how you resurrected the ancient Savior.” Jacob glanced at Yami. “He wants to `befriend you', if you get my drift…” Jacob then raised two fingers and poked them on his neck. Yugi grimaced at this information.
 
“But we angels can't let that happen. We were able to find out his plan.”
 
“What's his plan??” Yami asked.
 
“He plans to make Yugi mentally insecure before he makes his strike. That means striking everyone close to him.” Jacob replied solemnly.
 
“So Joey and Kaiba have gone down against him already…” Yugi realized, turning his gaze to the floor.
 
“But there's still hope. We have a method to revert them back to their human state.” Jacob assured.
 
Yugi's eyes lit up at this. “We can save them!?!?!” He exclaimed.
 
Jacob then stood up and walked to Yugi. He took Yugi's hand in his own and said:
 
“But in order to save them, we'll need your help. To save the world once again, do you, Yugi Motou, solemnly swear to help us, the Archangels, in vanquishing the enemy, Lord Armagedous?”
 
Yugi cast a glance to Yami, who nodded, and said. “I swear.”
 
Then Jacob took a small knife out of his pocket. Yami was about to stop him, but Jacob said calmly. “Don't worry, I won't kill him. This is all part of a blood pact. I just need a small cut.”
 
Yami knowing about blood pacts, stood back but he stood by Yugi, just in case…
 
“Now Yugi, this might hurt a bit…” Jacob warned. He drew the tip of the knife's blade across Yugi's palm. Yugi winced at this but he didn't protest. Then, Jacob took out a small bottle from his pocket and started mumbling something under his breath. He said out loud: “Yugi, hold out that hand.”
 
Yugi did what he was told, and Jake continued muttering as he opened the bottle. He held the bottle over the cut on Yugi's palm and said out loud: “In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I present to you, Oh Lord, another fighter in the battle against evil!”
 
Then a drop of golden substance came out of the bottle and landed in the collection of blood on Yugi's palm. Then, there was a blinding flash of light, and Yugi and Yami passed out right on the spot.
 
-------------------(Yugi's POV)------------------------
 
I couldn't remember where I was, or what happened. I remember seeing an angel in my living room, then a ritual, then a blinding flash of light.
 
And then I remembered: Yami. Where was he? I tried to open my eyes, but when I did, all I saw was water. I was underwater?!? I looked up and saw a pool of light. I tried to swim up, but I was too tired, I couldn't move. Then I realized: I could breathe. I looked around. There was nothing around me but a cobblestone wall. I was in a pool of some sort. Then I realized I was in a fetal position, hugging my legs with my arms in the stone pool.
 
When I finally had enough strength to move, I swam up and my head broke the surface of the water. I looked around. I was in a large room, filled with shelves full of white clothes. In there with me was the angel I saw, Jacob. He was using three chairs as a makeshift bed, his wings covering him like a blanket. I felt so cold and my head was aching, I tried to call out to Jacob, but I was still too tired.
 
Then I managed to get out of the stone pool, but then, I felt so cold I was going to die of hypothermia. Then Jacob woke up and his eyes widened.
 
“You shouldn't be out of that pool right now!” He exclaimed. I looked at him with curiosity.
 
“I'll explain as soon as you get back in there.” He said.
 
I obeyed and went back in. The water was so warm; it felt like I was bathing in a pool of chicken soup. I got some of my strength back. I looked up at Jacob and asked the first question that came to my head.
 
“Where's Yami?”
 
“He's already up, and he's outside waiting for you. But you're not getting out of there until I say so, okay?” He said curtly.
 
“Can I see him?” Even though I was in an unfamiliar place, I felt safe if Yami is around.
 
“Yeah, you can see him, but you're going to freak out if you do.” Jacob warned.
 
“Why, what's wrong?”
 
“He's just a little…different than how you remember him.” He said vaguely, opening the door and letting Yami in.
 
I think my mouth touched the floor. It was Yami, alright. But he was wearing the leather ensemble he always wore, except white, and he too, had a pair of wings on his back.
 
“I'm glad you're up, Aibou.” He greeted.
 
“Yami. Is. That. You?” I gasped. My mouth was still pretty much open.
 
“Yes, it's me aibou. And believe me; I was just as shocked as you are now when I found out about the ritual.” He said matter-of-factly.
 
“What ritual was that?” I asked.
 
“It was a `Rite of Ascension' Ritual. Even though you were the one who participated, I was also affected because of the link we share.” He explained calmly.
 
“Rite of What?” I just didn't get it. How could Yami, MY partner, grow wings!?!?!
 
“It's a ritual that ascends you to our level of existence.” Jacob said. “For easier explanation, just look behind you.”
 
I turned around with my eyes closed, dreading what I would see. When I had the courage to look, I almost passed out again.
 
It hadn't occurred to me that I was only wearing my boxers, that would probably explain the severe cold, but that wasn't why I was so shocked. What I saw was a pair of wings on my back. Really, I actually saw where they were connected with my body, just around the shoulder blade area. The thing was, they were only was long as my elbow, compared to Yami's and Jacobs, theirs almost touched the floor.
 
“That pool is of Holy Water.” Jacob pointed out. “You need to stay in there until those new appendages reach their mature length.” We'll only be here. We'll get you your food. Don't worry; it only takes a few hours. Although I don't know why his took only an hour and a half.” He thumbed at Yami, who just shrugged. “Perhaps I just grow fast.” He said, confused.
 
I submerged my head back in the water again. Surprisingly, I felt comfortable and cozy when I was completely under the water's surface.
 
=Yugi, are you alright?= Yami asked worriedly.
 
-I'm fine.- I replied calmly. -It's just that this is too much to bear. Y'know. It's not everyday you wake up with new limbs.-
 
=Yes, I know. These wings need some getting used to.=
 
-Do you think we can rescue Joey and Kaiba?-
 
=I'm sure we can. But you should rest, or else we won't save anyone. I'll be outside the door if you need anything.=
 
-Thank you Yami.-
 
And with that, the link was terminated. I was there in the pool, alone and staring up at the surface. I could even feel my wings growing, a tingling sensation on my back. I tried to sleep, but it's hard to sleep underwater. I just thought about what happened today and closed my eyes, hoping that I can save my friends.
 
-----------------------(Yami's POV)----------------------
 
Where we were, I don't know. But I could feel Aibou's uneasiness. I too was feeling queasy, knowing that these new limbs move on my command, I tried to move them, but I can't get more than a twitch out of them.
 
“Just try not to think about them. Rely on instinct.” Jacob advised.
 
I closed my eyes and cleared my mind, and tried to visualize the feeling of flight: The wind rushing against my face, the feeling of freedom at my fingertips. Suddenly, I felt my feet leave the ground. I opened them and realized I was actually flying. “There you go!” Jacob said, flying up to meet me.
 
“I still don't get this.” I said, trying to move forward. Jacob just smiled. “The motor senses are still getting used to it. It's normal if you're slow at first.” He assured me.
 
Then I felt myself move forward. This was going to need a lot of getting used to. I was somehow able to land on the ground. Jacob followed me and asked. “Waiting for Yugi?”
 
I nodded in reply. “Don't worry, we'll get your friends back.”
 
I hope we do, Jacob. I hope we do…
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
How was that everybody? An exciting and fantasy filled chapter!!!! Hope you review this!!!!!!!!