Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Heaven vs. Hell ❯ The feeding ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:I don't own, so stop pestering me or else!!!
 
It's me again. I'm just swamped with my life over here. And somehow, MM.org has been a little dull. Here's a new chapter to spice things up.
 
---------------------------------------- (Can you picture a little angel Yugi?) --------------------------------------
 
Jacob was outside Yugi's room, staring out at the stars through an open window. He glanced at Yami, who was asleep, sitting on the floor with his back to the wall, wings crossed over him like a blanket. `Hope they're ready for the fights ahead…' Jacob said to himself. He then stood up and went into Yugi's room. He looked into the stone pool to see Yugi fast asleep.
 
`It's a miracle that he can actually sleep like that…' He thought. Then he heard a sound from behind him. He turned around and there was Yami.
 
“What are you thinking about?” Yami asked Jacob. Jacob shrugged, his wings twitching as he did so. “I'm just wondering if you two are ready for the fights. Remember this isn't a duel anymore, there's bound to be some blood shed.” He replied, his sky blue eyes locked on Yami.
 
Yami nodded solemnly, his eyes on the pool. “I only hope for my aibou's safety.” He said.
 
Then, the water churned as Yugi raised his head out from the surface of the water. “What time is it?” He asked sleepily.
 
“It's almost sunrise.” Jacob said curtly.
 
Yugi got out of the water. “It's not cold…” he mused as he climbed out.
 
“It's only cold if you're not fully developed yet.” Jacob said. He then took a few clothes from one of the shelves and tossed them to Yugi.
 
“Cover up.” He instructed. Yugi nodded and put on a pair of white leather pants and the majority of the buckles (including the neck one) and stopped when he had to put on the shirt and jacket. “Umm…”Yugi mused, flexing his now 3 ft. 7 in. wings. “Help?” He asked, red filling his cheeks.
 
“Just do the sign of the cross.” Yami said. “Here, it's like this.” (All Catholics must know this. If you're not catholic, like Yugi, here's what he did.)
 
Yami raised two fingers on his left hand, the middle and index. Then, he tapped his forehead, then the middle of his chest, then the right and left area of the chest. Then his wings disappeared. “In that same order, aibou.”
 
Yugi copied Yami and his wings also disappeared. “Thanks.” He then put on a murky gray tank top and a white jacket.
 
Anyway, you'll need those, we're in the outskirts of Domino and we'll need to fly back.” Jacob said, flexing his wings and opening the door.
 
Both Motous made their wings reappear and followed Jake outside the small concrete hut they were in into the red hued countryside with Domino city in the distance.
 
“Umm…how do we fly?” Yugi asked sheepishly. Yami nodded in agreement. “Even I have trouble staying aloft…” Yami admitted.
 
“Just do what I do.” Jacob instructed.
 
He spread out his wings gracefully and brought them down, shooting him into the air. Yami and Yugi tried and shakily flew up to Jacob's altitude.
 
“There you go! Not that hard is it?” He asked them, observing their rather precarious positions.
 
Yami was flapping wildly to stay aloft while Yugi was covering his eyes with his hand, refusing to look behind or below him.
 
“Perhaps you two just need practice. Anyway, hold on to me and I'll take you two home.” Jacob suggested. He took Yami and Yugi's hands into his own and flew towards the Kame Shop.
 
--------------------------- (Meanwhile…) ---------------------------
 
In a dark, square room, bound, blindfolded and gagged, Seto Kaiba was busy calculating what was going on.
 
`Who do those bastards think they are, taking me!? I swear on my grave I will find them and they will pay!' He thought scathingly, biting into the material in his mouth in anger.
 
Oh, we won't pay you, Seto KaibaYOU'LL be paying US…” A manically sinister voice hissed.
 
Then, Seto felt the wad of material taken out of his mouth as he heard the voice say, “I'm sure later you'll change your opinion about me…”
 
“Yeah right.” Seto replied cockily, his teeth gritted. “The only thing I'm sure about is me beating the shit out of you!” He spat angrily.
 
Then the man slapped Seto on to the cold, concrete floor. Then, the blindfold was taken off him, which only helped a little, since the room was pitch black. He could make out a tall, taller then Seto even, lanky outline with a flowing cloak draped over it.
 
“Just who the hell are you, you bastard?!” Seto asked angrily, glaring at the man.
 
Said man sniggered to himself and leaned closer to Seto's face. At this distance, Seto could see that the man had livid, vermillion red eyes, like staring into a bloodbath.
 
I'm known by a lot of namesbut you can call me Lord Armagedous.” He hissed mockingly, bowing to add effect.
 
Seto only spat and said, “Well, what do you want from me, fortune, power, my company?”
 
Armagedous laughed and leaned in even closer and whispered into his ear. “What I want is nothing of the things you said. What I want is your life!”
 
Then, Seto's bloodcurdling scream wasn't head by any living soul.
 
-------------------------------- (Double Meanwhile…) ------------------------------------------------
 
Yugi was reading up in the borrowed library book, looking up Archangels. Yami was looking over his shoulder. =Now that that's over, I think we should get to know what we've become…= Yami suggested.
 
Yugi turned to the page labeled `Archangels'. The picture was that of a rural painting. A man was collapsed on the ground and an angel was kneeling in front of him, extending his hand to help.
 
The text read:
 
The only pure-hearted and good-natured creature in this book, the Archangels are a race of immortal winged humanoids whose sole purpose is to help and protect those living.
 
An Archangel's origin is an unconfirmed one. Some say that an Archangel is the spirit of a good natured human who's passed on and now resides in heaven. Others say that an archangel is a rare crossbreed with a Human and a Harpy. (See `Harpies')
 
An archangel has an astounding array of abilities. With large, snow-white wings, they can soar to great heights, higher than most birds. They can breathe anywhere, be it underwater or in toxic fumes. Their eyes can see even in the darkest cave and they have the ability to hide their wings and mingle with mortal folk. An angel's feather is a vital ingredient of the elixir of life, a mythical concoction that restores life to the dead.
 
However, they also have weaknesses. An archangel must never ingest a mortal's blood, or they become mortal once again. Also, they cannot harm a human being. They also can't use any weapon, but that is easily remedied because they can harness holy energy and fire it at the enemy.
 
The process where a mortal can become an Archangel is a secret one. No one knows what happens; the only thing we know is that it's called the `Rite of Ascension'.
 
“Well, we all know THAT...” Yami mused, rolling his eyes. Yugi chuckled and closed the book. “I feel refreshed. How about going to school?”
 
Both Yami and Yugi got dressed, packed up their school supplies, and trudged off to school.
-
-
-
-
But when they got there, they saw a sign that said: `There will be no school until further notice. Students will be informed of the reopening of the school.'
 
Yami and Yugi looked at each other, shrugged and walked off to Domino Park.
 
When they got there, they heard noises coming from a cluster of trees. They stooped down next to some bushes and saw Tristan confronting Joey.
 
“What's your problem man??” Tristan asked in frustration. Joey didn't reply. He was sitting under a large tree, looking down.
 
Tristan was pacing, stomping his feet in anger. “You gotta tell me man…is Hirutani at it again?” Tristan asked hopefully. [1]
 
Joey shook his head and stood up. “Listen Tris, I just want you to forget me. Forget everything you know about me.” He half-pleaded in a monotone voice. Tristan grabbed Joey's collar and looked him in the eye, or at least tried to, because Joey looked to the side and closed his eyes.
 
“I want to know, Joe…I'm your friend…your best friend. I don't keep secrets from you, do I? Can't you do the same for me?” he asked, a sympathetic look in his hazel eyes.
 
“If I tell you, then you're gonna die, Tris… I don't want you to go through the same thing I did.” Joey muttered darkly. Tristan released him and stepped back. “What? What do you mean `die'?” He asked.
 
“I mean kick the bucket, go 6 feet under, push up daisies. I'm serious Tris…I'm begging you…please. Forget. me.” Joey said, emphasizing each word while shoving his hands in his pockets.
 
Tristan turned around walked three steps forward…
-
-
-
And turned around, quickly ran to Joey and aimed a punch at his face…
-
-
…or at least tried to, because Joey grabbed his fist just inches from his face, which was laced with a bored expression. “I'm not the same person you once knew. I'm more dangerous than you can ever imagine, so please forget you ever met me.” Joey said, turning around. “Goodbye…old friend…” he said and walked off.
 
Tristan couldn't believe his eyes. `After all those years…all those fights…all our adventures…this is it?!?' he thought bitterly as he kicked a rock.
 
Yami and Yugi were shocked as well. “So it's true then…” Yugi thought solemnly, Yami looking at him sympathetically. “Don't worry so much, I'm sure that the real Joey is in there somewhere.” He said reassuringly. “He wouldn't have warned us if he was completely gone.” Yugi said in agreement.
 
Yugi sneaked off to follow where Joey went with Yami in hot pursuit. Joey ducked into an abandoned warehouse near the pier and tightly shut the door behind him. Yugi and Yami pondered on how they were going to get in when Yugi spotted an open window above them. They looked around, saw no one, and made their wings appear. And with a little bit of (actually quite a lot of) difficulty, got through the window and landed in the warehouse and made the wings disappear. There they saw a trapdoor leading to an underground basement. They snuck in and saw Joey, looking at a man with blood red hair with the utmost loathing and disgust.
 
The blood-haired man was sipping a deep-thick red substance out of a wine glass and behind him was a fresh, bleeding corpse, the head cut of completely and the neck resting on a bowl and seeping blood.
 
“Greetings Joey…” He said as a wicked smile spread across his pale face, showing fangs covered in blood. Joey glared at him in reply. “Come on, you mean you're still sore after what I did to you?” The man asked playfully, taking another sip of what Yugi surmised as blood. Joey didn't reply, just crossed his arms and glared at him. Then a growl rang through the room. “Still haven't eaten yet I see…” The man mused mockingly, his yellow eyes locked on Joey, who was avoiding eye contact. “You know, if you keep ignoring it, it's gonna take over…” Joey just scoffed and replied hotly, “I'm not stooping down to your level; I'm not a bastard like you, Drake.”
 
Drake smirked again, licking his fangs. “Don't even try to deny the hunger. You know that's impossible. The blood thirst will be quenched, whether you will it to or not.” Drake walked off into a corridor. “Wait here…” He instructed. “Master Armagedous wants you to see something.” Joey just glared at him as he strode to the door. Then he spotted a piece of Yugi's spiky hair peeking through the doorway. He rushed over and whispered. “What the hell are you doing, Yugi?!?”
 
“I can't believe they got you, Joey!” Yugi replied. “They actually bit you!?!?!?!”
 
“I know. That's why I told everyone to stay away from me. I'm trying to fight it, but it's strong, I don't know how long it will last.”
 
“Can't you just run, Joey?” Yami whispered.
 
“I can't because of this stupid medallion…” Joey huffed, taking out a small pendant from under his t-shirt. It was a drop of blood enclosed in a see through crystal. “…because of this piece of crap I have to obey that bastard.” He swore angrily. “Anyway, you guys get out of here, I don't want you caught.”
 
Yugi and Yami ran for it as soon as Drake came back, and called Joey to follow him.
 
--------------------------------- (Joey's POV) --------------------------------------
 
Where this guy was taking me, I didn't give a fuck. I just hope Yugi and Yami got away safely.
 
Drake led me down a series of halls, stopping at a door that was oh so familiar. It was there, two days ago, that they changed me.
 
~flashback~
 
I was in a pitch black room, tied up and lying on my back, with Drake standing over me. His eyes were wide with a mad gleam, while I had a black eye and a bleeding nose.
 
“So this is how the cat-and-mouse game ends.” Drake declared triumphantly, smirking at me, his fangs seemed to glow with an eerie light. “You put up a good fight mortal, but now to the winner go the spoils.”
 
He knelt down next to me, pulled me up by the hair, and licked off the blood running down my face. I actually got a whiff of his decaying, rotting breath. I wanted to puke right then and there.
 
“Delicious…” He muttered. “Now, come join the dark side…”
 
“Never, you son of a bitch!” I spat.
 
“Well, you leave me no choice…”he said, he leaned in closer, and bit me.
 
It was like being in a frying pan. My insides felt like they were being torn apart. My entire body was on fire, I couldn't feel anything except pain, I wanted to just die. `Let the pain STOP!!!!!!' I thought desperately. My body was numb, I was weak, I could barely breathe, let alone talk and think. Then it was over, and the last thing I heard was Drake saying, “Now we're alike, brother of the dark…” before I passed out.
-
-
When I came to, I was still tied up. I had no idea what happened to me back then, but I felt…strange…like I ran a mile in 3 seconds.
I looked around and realized something. I was still in the pitch dark room, but now…I saw the whole room as if it had 50 spotlights in it. I saw a gray door next to me and below it, a wine glass full of who knows what and a note. I was even able to read the note.
 
In case you get hungry…It said.
 
Then the deadly truth hit me. “I'm one of them now, am I…?” I thought bitterly.
 
~end flashback~
 
Drake opened the door and there was the scariest scene I ever saw…
-
-
-
It was Kaiba tied up. His trench coat stained with blood, his head against the wall and his hair was a mess. He was breathing, but in rapid, shallow breaths.
 
“I know how much you hate him.” Drake said airily, glancing at his nails. I looked to him and to Kaiba. `He's not thinking of…' He glanced at me. “I already told you, I'm not doing it!!!” I roared.
 
Kaiba looked up and saw me. “…you…?” he asked, his voice nothing but a whisper.
 
Drake rolled his eyes and threw his hands in the air. “Oh, come on! He's at the edge of life and you hate his guts! Is there any more payback than this?!?”
 
I shoved him aside and cried. “I may hate his guts, but not enough to kill him!!!”
 
------------------------------------ (3rd person POV) ---------------------------------
 
For Drake, that was the last straw. He grabbed Joey's throat and raised him up to meet his face. “I didn't want to do this. But you leave me no choice…” he hissed.
 
He took out a small vial with blood in it. He pushed Joey to the ground, knocking him out, opened the vial, and eased it down his throat.
 
Joey's eyes, now red instead of amber, fluttered open as soon as he swallowed. “Now, how do you feel?” Drake asked, already knowing the answer.
 
“Hungry…” Joey replied, licking his lips.
 
Drake smiled, thumbed inside the room, and said simply, “Dinner is served…”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------
OMFG!!! I'm good!!!!!!!!!!! If you guys think so, Review and I'll see you next chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!