Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Hunted ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Sleepy brain=Too many misspelled words and too many mistakes.  Still trying though.
 
******FN6709535FN6709535FN6709535******
 
After replacing Yugi's old choker-collar with his own, the Vampire Lord threw the collar that Yugi had worn for so long out. One of his personal guards entered, “My king, an old acquaintance of yours has shown up for a visit. He is waiting for you in your meeting room.”

“Good, perhaps it is time to introduce him to my now-loyal pet,” he replied looking at his `pet'. “Pick that up and follow me.”

The guard did as told and followed the Vampire Lord to his destination. “Raiden* Takeshi*,” a voice greeted the Vampire Lord as he entered, “It's been a while since we last spoke.”

“So it has, Pegasus,” he replied, “so it has.”

Pegasus looked at the limp form that Raiden's guard held, “I see that you got one of your pets back. And, oh, look; you've gone and stripped its soul away. You must have lost your temper.”

Raiden growled at this comment, “At least this time it can't run away.”

“Temper, temper, Raiden,” Pegasus stated, “Otherwise I won't help restore some part of its soul to allow you control over it.”

Raiden glared at his associate, “I will think about it. For now, it can just lie there.”

Yugi's vacant eyes shifted to look at Raiden. Pegasus noticed this, “It looks like there's just enough of its soul there to work in your favor.”

“Get up,” Raiden commanded. Yugi complied and got to his feet, though he was very unsteady. “Show me your animal form.” Again he obeyed.

Raiden was shocked to see that Yugi's form was different from other vampires'. He ordered Yugi to lie down where he was and stay there until he got up.
 
******FN6709535FN6709535FN6709535******
 
Marik had started to jab the vampire that had been left strapped to the lab table with a scalpel the moment it woke up. “Tell me where your king's holed up, Vamp,” he demanded as he poked it with the sharp, pointy object. “My buddy's pretty peeved that you and your pal busted into our home and kidnapped a member of this team.”
 
“I ain't talking to you, freak,” he shot back. “Besides, you are worth far more to the Vampire Lord than I am to the Hunters. I should have killed you the minute I saw you.”
 
Marik lost it and jammed the blade into Bandit Keith's arm, “Don't you ever speak that way about my brother, vamp.”
 
Before anything else could continue, Seto walked in, “Load that thing into the transport. I want to see it put down before morning.”
 
Marik nodded and stepped back to allow the Handlers to take the vampire away. “Atem and the others went to try and get Yugi back,” he began. “He wanted me to inform you that Bandit Keith was captured by Yugi and that any reward money should go to their grandfather. He also requested some help.”
 
Seto nodded, “Seeing that there are no regulations on a vampire aiding in the capture of another, I have no qualms in sending the reward money to their grandfather. Shadi, I want you to lead the rescue team and aid Atem in recovering his brother. If there is a threat from the boy, put him down, but bring his remains back for a proper burial.”
 
A man in a green cloak nodded, “Of course. Though this is highly unusual, I fully intend on bringing the young one back alive.”
 
******FN6709535FN6709535FN6709535******

Atem and his team arrived at the base of the mountains and prepared their gear. He noticed a blanket that nobody had packed and pulled on it. Malik and Ryou looked at him. “We want to help get Yugi back,” Malik stated, trying to hide his fear. “Besides, you didn't tell us otherwise.”

Atem sighed in defeat, “Fine, but you'd better listen to the rest of the team.”

The boys nodded in agreement. Just before they were ready to begin their trek, a large vehicle pulled up and a few people piled out. A figure in a green cloak was the last to leave it. He walked up to Atem, “Seto sent us. He agreed to your wishes to send the reward to your grandfather.”

“Thank you, Shadi,” Atem replied.

He nodded, “Let's go and rescue the young one.”

The group began the long trek up the mountain and to the Vampire Lord's Keep.

******FN6709535FN6709535FN6709535******

Raiden and Pegasus had been deep in a discussion when Yugi's body collapsed and returned to its normal form, apart from the ears and tail, gaining their attention. “Oh, dear,” Pegasus scoffed. “It looks like your little pet is weaker than expected.”

Raiden scowled at the still form, “I may as well give it to the Possessors to play with. Maybe they can use it as a Wraith or something to keep intruders out of my halls.”

He motioned for the guard to take the body away to the group that he had mentioned. He did as told and carried it to them, “The Vampire Lord wishes you to make use of this thing.”

The lead Possessor nodded and motioned to a stone slab, “Place the body there and leave.”

After the guard left, the lead Possessor examined the form. `He's a young one, can't be more than ten in our years. It seems that he's almost completely soulless. This will help greatly for the task I have in mind.'
 
He set about to his task of trying to make Yugi into a Wraith-like puppet. He knew that this type of puppet-creature would be agile enough to attack intruders quickly and cause great damage in a small space. All he had to do was use a minimal amount of magic to control the vessel. As he finished, the eyes opened and the color faded to a very faint, nearly white, shade of amethyst.

Pleased with his work, Abraxas** had one of his assistants place the newly created Wraith-like `puppet' in the south corridor leading into the Keep. He smiled to himself, `The Vampire Lord will be pleased when I inform him that the vessel he gave me has been put to use.'
 
******FN6709535FN6709535FN6709535******
Meanings:
Raiden—Japanese name of a god of thunder, meaning thunder and lightning

Takeshi—Japanese; meaning Fierce, violent
 
Abraxas—Greek myth name of one of the horses belonging to the sun god Helios. It is also the name of a demon of lies and deceit. It has been found in Greek magical texts and may be related to the word abracadabra which may derive from Aramaic avra kedabra, meaning "I will create as I speak."
 
******FN6709535FN6709535FN6709535******
 
The numbers previously mentioned in the last chapter are 6709535.  This is the original story ID from the original posting.  I will only use the corresponding numbers in such a manner when posting from wherever I originally posted it.
 
W is for Wattpad or FF for Fanfiction.net.