Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ I don't deserve you... ❯ Awwwwwwwww ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alrighty, this is… an ok thought. At least, I think it was! This was the episode where Yami and Yuugi were talking about the fire, and the unknown presence and everything. Enjoy ^_^

I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh…. Damn!

/ Blah / Yuugi to Yami

// Blah // Yami to Yuugi

//< Blah >// Private Yami thoughts (because he's the only one who knows how to block)

The stars outside shone with passion, impressive and broken in the night sky. All was silent, except for one odd argument. One that consisted of a small boy with amethyst eyes, the other, not really there. The diminutive one's eyes alight with tears, face shattered with disgrace and ache. He shook his head as he sat up and looked over to what appeared to be a closet, from his bed.

"I feel like a total loser. I almost lost you and the puzzle forever in that fire!" Yuugi winced at how strained `you' sounded. He didn't want his darker to know that he… He took in a breath that shook his emaciated frame, "There's no way I can face this enemy… What if I mess up again-"

"You didn't fail." Dark, deep and smooth. The teen shivered, as the sensational voice of Yami cut in. He looked up at the taller that stood in front of his cabinet door. Crimson orbs cut into his soul and mind, and the owner of them stood proud and tall. Yami no Yuugi smiled slightly, and cocked his head to one side. His Aibou did not believe that he managed to save him by himself? Yuugi risked himself in that fire just to save him. A creature of pure darkness. Who would ever need him?

Disbelief flashed through the link they shared.

"Only `cause my friends came…" A small whimper tried to bubble it's way out of his throat, but he wouldn't have it. Yami would think we were a child of some sort, or just some baby. He turned his pale purple gaze down, and muttered "And saved me…"

He didn't look back up again, but his tone was serious, "otherwise I'd never have escaped."

/He really must think I'm weak, and am a worthless baby… Sometimes I wish I could tell him I loved him…/ Weary and tired, almost as soft as the caress of gentle wind. Yuugi had started to develop feelings for the ancient spirit that dwelled within the millennium puzzle. Not because of he sexy looks, or the way Yami seemed to have with everyone. Or even because the spirit seemed to radiate with the essence of sex. Only because Yami was the first person to help him, other than Solomon.

Little did Yuugi know that he had thought it through their bond. Yami wasn't shocked, though. His little omote practically announced everything he thought.

//<He saved me from certain doom, made me a better person, and unsealed me from the endless years of shadows. I may not be able to remember my past, but all I need is him to make me happy>//

A tanned smooth hand reached out, and tenderly stroked the others cheek. His gaze softened when the youth tensed at the contact.

"You're wrong, Yuugi," A pause so he could stride across to the floor, and lean up against the desk, " you need to believe in yourself like I believe in you." Both glanced at the millennium puzzle. "In all my years, I have never encountered a soul as brave as yours! There is a reason fate handed you the millennium puzzle and brought us together." A smile graced the once-pharaoh's lips, seeing he had the young one's attention. "You have the heart if a champion and a soul that is courageous and true. In another time, you could have been pharaoh."

"Huh…"

Time passed between the two, as they were lost in their own thoughts. Neither had said another word. The lighter of the two was first to break the tension.

"I wish we knew more about our new enemy…" He looked down at the gift in his lap. "Her said her was… `familiar with the power of a millennium item'… I bet he has one!"

Yami continued to at his aibou when he replied.

"That must be how he controls peoples minds. He also seems to have knowledge of the ancient customs. Our foe is somehow connected to the past-"

"But who is he?"

"I don't know…" He glanced towards the window

Yuugi had had enough. He abruptly stood. "Then how can we stop him!?" he shouted. When Yami turned back around to him the expression on Yuugi's face remained as it did the whole night. Mortified, doubting, dejected.

Yami smiled and stepped towards him.

"Don't worry, we can defeat this evil together!" Proud, and strong. "As long as we stay connected we can face anything."

Yuugi took a timid step closer. Tears blurred his vision as he looked down again. "Maybe… but what if I… fail again?" Heat tears poured down his face, now "How do I know that I won't lose you…."

Moments past, and all that was heard was Yuugi's soft sobbing. Placing his hands over Yuugi's, he smiled down at the smaller. "I believe in you."

All that was past between the two were tears, Yuugi's, and Yami's. And before they could think, both leaned and kissed. It was sweet and tender, and one that showed only care and pure sentiment. The passion was shown and they pulled apart, both flushed and panting. Yuugi looked up, "I love you…"

"Un, aibou, me too."

~*~ Owari ~*~

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, fluffers! Wheeeeeeeee. And from there on, you can let your mind wander!