Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ I failed ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: An AU to what would have happened if Yami/Yugi had won atop Pegasus's tower.

~~~**~~~

He looked at his Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, watching it as the Mammoth Graveyard fused itself in it. Seto choked back a gasp.

"Since my Mammoth Graveyard is an undead monster, and you're is a living monster, my Mammoth will slowly be sucking the life out of your Blue Eyes from the inside out, making it loose 1200 attack points every turn." Yami chuckled.

Seto starred and suddenly he wasn't in the duel anymore. It was just the Blue Eyes and him. The Blue Eyes was slowly dripping and turning a rusty metal color. He shook his head mentally.

It can't be… he told himself. He looked at it and found himself hearing Mokuba's pleading voice, and Mokuba's small hand and upper body sinking into the Blue Eyes.

But he couldn't move. He was planted to the ground, trying to move, but his mind told him otherwise.

"You promised me! You said you'd always be there for me! You told me you'd always protect me!" he heard Mokuba shout, and he looked, but Mokuba was becoming unfocused.

You're just a loser Seto. A loser, like you were. You always cheat! But look where it has gotten you! Mokuba's gone, and you can't save him!

Seto tried to block it, but then he felt himself getting torn into two. He saw his younger self coming out of him and running for his younger brother. The Younger Seto flung at Mokuba, but Mokuba was gone, and his muffled cries were no more. The Younger Seto stopped and was panting, but he looked at the wide eyed older self and shouted, "How could you?! How could you?!?! You promised him! You made a promise to the one person in the world who loves you, the one person you love back; you made a promise to him, and you just go and break it! You're a rotten, filthy liar, Seto Kaiba! You're rotten to the core, just like that dragon! Look at yourself!"

And the younger one drifted away as Seto looked at his hands. They two were melting, and he stiffened and he saw that they were falling onto the floor.

He suddenly became very dizzy and a pain plagued his head. He stepped back, but heard Yami draw. "Celtic Guardian, in attack mode!"

Seto looked up, back to reality, and seemed a little more fazed then the usual when his Blue Eyes was attacked.

He almost began to panic. Mokuba…I'm… but he refused to finish the conversation.

He growled, then took a step back. His eyes never left Yami's, so that way he would let Yami see that he was not afraid. He backed up, then made his way on one of the bricks surrounding them.

"Kaiba! Get down from there! You'll fall!" Yami shouted.

Seto smirked. "Go ahead and attack Yugi. But the blast from destroying my Blue Eyes might take me down as well. How would you like to live with that on your mind? Able to save your Grandfather only to kill someone along the way. But that would make you a hypocrite, now wouldn't it?" he taunted.

Please, I all ready failed Mokuba once. He begged subconsciously.

You all ready failed Mokuba once Seto. Why not just give up now? He doesn't need you. He never needed you. They were just all lies! He didn't care about Gozaburo, as long as he was safe, because he was a self-centered little brat. And that's all that you are Seto. Self-centered. You just want Mokuba back because he's the only thing that keeps you going in this world. And because of the, you're selfish, because you're too afraid to die. But if you died, imagine how many people would be happier. All the orphans would be glad as well. You're failing them right now anyways.

I failed Mokuba? Seto asked his inner-ego.

Suddenly, Seto almost blacked out. But before he knew that he was saying it, he was mocking the Celtic Guardian.

Yami seemed unfazed as he made the remarks. He himself was thinking whether to attack or not.

Seto turned to Yami. "Surrender now Yugi." He shouted, then he drew his card. "I play Monster Reborn, and reattach one of my Blue Eye's heads!"

Yami finally decided. "I will not give up, but I will not attack you." He switched his Guardian into Defense Mode.

Seto humphed. "Unwise choice Yugi. Give up now so you won't face a humiliating defeat. Or try and be famous and attack me. Besides, that pathetic monster of yours, both the furball and the wannabe MMORPG monster. Look how pathetic they are. Look how pathetic you are!"

Suddenly, the Celtic Guardian sprang into Attack Mode. It growled, something that no one had ever seen it do, and it ran towards a Blue Eye's head. Yami cried out it to stop, but it did not listen.

Seto watched with half and half or relief and anger. The resulting winds made him get pushed back, and he lost his footing. He began to fall, tears coming to his eyes though he refused to let them fall.

Yami and his gang ran towards the edge with startled cries and Seto quickly grabbed into the stone.

Seto didn't realize he had grabbed it. He was remembering…

Come on Mr. Kaiba! You're coming with us!" a guard shouted, aiming his gun at Seto.

"Over my dead body!" he had shouted. A guard smirked. "That can be arranged", but just ask they were about to shoot, Seto jumped out the window. He landed on a pile of rocks and about five minutes later began to climb up them. It was very difficult, because he had been getting barely any sleep and barely any food.

His step-father plagued his dreams and he couldn't look at food without feeling sick, which is how he use to be when Gozaburo was still alive. Except at that time, he ate it anyways because he was so hungry.

Seto felt something tug on his sleeve. He looked up emotionlessly, yet dazed. Yami and Joey were there, pulling him up. He didn't bother to help though, because he felt so weak, and was.

Suddenly, he heard Yami gasp, and a tearing sound. His three hundred dollar trenchcoat was ripping!

But he didn't fumble or struggle. He didn't bother to do anything Yami yelled at him to.

"Kaiba! Give me your other hand!" he shouted. Seto starred up at him with blank eyes. "Why…?" he asked bluntly.

"Because we can't have you dying on us!" Joey shouted back.

"I failed him all ready. I'm selfish. I'm…I'm sorry." And with that, he fell limp, making his weight go a little more.

Yami gasped as Seto's body grew heavier, and he quickly asked for assistance, who complied and grabbed onto Seto as best they could.

Suddenly, Seto's body seemed to be pulling down, and he got loose from everyone's grip, sending him plummeting to the ground.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"