Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ I'm With You ❯ Chapter 1 ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

I'm With You

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh.

Hi everyone! This is my first songfic. It came to me while I was listening to my CD. I hope you like it! Please read and review!

~

Yami's POV

Raindrops pattered on the ground, yet I didn't bother to put on my jacket as I left the house. The bells jingled as I closed the door. It's supposed to rain on the unloved anyway. I sang softly to myself, something I had made up on the spot about my current situation. (AN: Pretend he made it up)

"I'm standing on the bridge

I'm waiting in the dark

I thought that you'd be here by now"

I glanced at the clock tower across the street. It was nearly eleven at night. I knew that I should be heading home, but I also knew that I wouldn't be able to face Yugi again when I got there.

"There's nothing but the rain

No footsteps on the ground

I'm listening but there's no sound"

So I walked on, thinking about what had gone on between us not an hour before.

*Flashback*

"Yugi please, let me come with you. I don't want you getting beat up again."

"NO! I hate you Yami! You always go too far with these things!"

"But I just want to make sure that you're safe!"

"But you embarrass me Yami! I hate you! Why did I have to get stuck with you! You're always insisting that I'm too young, or I'm to small, or that I should go into the puzzle and let you handle it. I can do things for myself, you know!"

"But Yugi . . ." I couldn't tell him the real reason that I wanted to come with him. I couldn't tell him my true feelings. I was afraid to. What if he rejected me? And by what he was saying now, I could guess that he would be disgusted. But what he said next hurt be most.

"Why don't you just leave! All you are is a nuisance to me anyway! Just go, and leave me alone!"

*End of Flashback*

I walked on, believing his words. I was just a nuisance. Yugi's friends only hung out with me because I was his Yami. They didn't really like me. They didn't really appreciate me.

"Isn't anyone trying to find me

Won't somebody come take me home"

Soon a came to the city's park and walked in. I went inside the woods, where I knew Yugi would not follow me.

"It's a damn cold night

Trying to figure out this life

Won't you take me by the hand

Take me somewhere new

I don't know who you are, but I

I'm with you"

In the woods I saw birds flying about, free. How I longed to be free like them. Not a worry, not a care, flying about all day. I pitied every blade of grass; for planted they would stay. (AN: Not mine, got is from a show)

"I'm looking for a place

I'm searching for a face

Is anybody here I know"

I stood on the bridge separating the two parts of the woods, watching the ripples in the water.

"Cause nothings going right

And everything's a mess

And no one like to be alone"

I bent down and picked up a small stone. Thrusting out my anger, I threw the stone into the water.

"Isn't anyone trying to find me

Won't somebody come take me home"

Watching the ripples disappear, I felt tears stinging my eyes.

"It's a damn cold night

Trying to figure out this life

Won't you take me by the hand

Take me somewhere new

I don't know who you are but I

I'm with you"

Then I couldn't hold it in any longer. I let the tears fall freely, causing more ripples in the water.

"Why is everything so confusing

Maybe I'm just out of my mind

Yeah yeah . . ."

I would never find a love. Not after what had happened with Yugi. Nobody cares about stupid, naïve Yami.

"It's a damn cold night

Trying to figure out this life

Won't you take me by the hand

Take me somewhere new

I don't know who you are, but I

I'm with you

I'm with you"

Then I heard foot steps approaching, and felt arms wrap around me from behind.

"I care about you. I care.

It was Seto Kaiba.

~

So, how'd you like it? This could be a good one shot, but I think I'm going to continue it. Tell if you think I should.

Please review!!!