Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ I too have a heart ❯ Release ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



disclaimers: I do not own Yugioh and if I did, you can damn well bet that Yami Bakura would be mine. ^_^

This is Yaoi and is boyxboy love.

Please read and review minna!

I TOO HAVE A HEART

Fall...It always reminded Ryou of his yami. Dark, withering away at life, unreachable, unpreventable. The snow haired innocent leaned against the maple tree, devoid of almost all leaves. It was October now, the coming of winter not far. Murky brown eyes, the color of melted pools of chocolate closed as the sixteen year old sighed heavily. He rested his head against his knees, hugging them to his chest. He tried desperately to cover the several black bruises that blemished his otherwise, perfectly flawless, pale marble toned skin. A leaf floated lazily on the currents of air to settle onto Ryou's head. He good-naturedly picked the leaf from the strands of white, shredding tiny slivers in the orange petal.

He fingered the Sennen Ring around his neck. It was its fault but he could not get rid of the item. No matter how much his yami abused him, Ryou cared for the tomb robber. Ryou wasn't sure why Bakura chose to vent his frustrations out on him, his usual line was 'your too weak.' Ryou, no matter how violent the beatings, could not change who he was. Being kind was as much a part of himself as being evil was of his yami. He knew his friends didn't suspect his reasons for sometimes not showing up for school and besides, what could he tell them? He could accidently put them danger. Grin it bear it as the saying went. Ryou wasn't sure how much more ill- treatment he could take. His father was rarely home, usually on archaeology digs. He was alone and that wasn't good, considering his yami's mood swings. His crazed daker half was unpredictable and that frightened Ryou the most. It seemed no matter how hard he tried, there would always be something to send Bakura to the edge of his sanity or what was left. Ryou knew that his yami had had a rough life in Egypt but Bakura never spoke of his past. Ryou looked on in Yugi and Yami's close-knit relationship with envy. He wished that he and his yami got along as well as they did. Ryou withdrew his hold on the ring before curling in a ball to sleep, completely oblivious to the floating leaves.

Ryou woke several hours later, noting that it had turned darker. The sun was lowering behind the mountain peaks, the sky was splashed with a brilliant display of pink, orange, and gold. Ryou loved sunset, it was so serene. He closed his eyes, a breeze blowing past, ruffling the white hair. This time of night was a curse to him at times. It continously reminded him that he would never be free of the torment his yami put him through. Ryou dusted the ivory, cashmere sweater and the loose khaki pants. Wearing jeans at the moment hurt too much, the wounds he had recieved days before stung when rubbed against the coarse material. Swinging the door open, he was surprised to see his yami. From the look on Bakura's face, it wasn't going to be a pleasant encounter. It rarely was. The other could have passed as Ryou's twin except for three notable differences; one he was taller and more muscled, two his hair was somewhat spiked, three his brown eyes were lined dark, proclaiming the darkside of himself in the instant you stared into his eyes. A blue, button up johnny collared shirt with a white wife- beater underneath was carefreely untucked over skin-hugging jeans.

"What did I tell you about talking to those bastards?" Bakura asked harshly, arms crossing in front of his chest, waiting for a reason to slug Ryou senseless. Ryou didn't answer, turning his head to the side to advoid the piercing gaze Bakura had fixed on him. This enraged the yami. "You will speak when I ask you a question, slave!"

"Get it over with," Ryou whispered feeling the tears sting his eyes. He knew he had just provoked Bakura, giving him a reason to hit him. Bakura snarled, a flash of insane madness flickered in the murky orbs. He raised his fist, punching Ryou's jaw. The softer one collapsed to the ground, blood trickling from his mouth where he'd bitten his tongue. Bakura kicked him painfully in the ribs twice, knocking the air from his aibou's body.

The yami growled low in his throat, watching as Ryou attempted to regain his breath. "You do as your fucking told, slave! Your such a damn weakling! Why don't you fight back?!! Why you do take it?!" Bakura didn't expect an answer so he slapped Ryou's cheek, a splintering crack as his cheek bone was fractured. It certainly wasn't the worse beating and would not be the last. Tears coursed down Ryou's cheeks, unable to contain them any longer. Bakura raised his arms in the air in a mock praise. "I was fucking cursed! How could I have winded up with a fucking wimp like you?! If I knew I wouldnt dissappear, I'd fucking kill you and get rid of my nuisance!" Bakura dissappeard into his soul room, unbeknowenst that he'd just given Ryou an idea.

Ryou removed the ring, placing it on the counter before trudging upstairs to his room, holding his aching face. How would he explain the bruise it would leave to his friends? 'If I do kill myself...then at least noone else will have to every worry about having my yami as theirs.' Ryou sent out a telepathic web to find Bakura. 'Good, he's asleep. He won't wake.' Ryou carefully shut his door behind him. Crossing the room to a desk, he withdrew a butterfly knife from one of the drawers. 'I never thought I'd be this weak. I'm so sorry everyone...especially you Yami. All I wanted was to love you and be loved in return. I didn't want it to end like this.' He positioned the blade above his chest, over his heart. One plunge would end it all. 'I thought I could change you but..you've only gotten worse. At least now you won't have to put up with me anymore.' Ryou smiled at the irony. 'Here I am about to kill us both and I never once told you how I felt. Would it have mattered? Would you have returned it? Not likely. I love you Yami..' With those last heart-felt words, he pressed the knife into his chest and toppled to the ground.