Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ In My Heart ❯ In My Heart ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You'll Be In My Heart

Disclaimer: None of the characters or lyrics are mine (sadly). I'm making no money on this and suing MIGHT get you a camel.

/Yami to Yugi via mind link/

//Yugi to Yami via mind link//

~Come stop your crying

It will be all right

Just take my hand,

Hold it tight.~

Yami was sitting in Yugi's desk chair, patiently listening to his hikari, who was sitting on his bed, telling about his miserable day.

"And they caught me after gym, everyone started saying how I never should have beaten Pegasus and that I can't even duel on my own…", Yugi trailed off, tears silently falling on his cheeks.

~I will protect you

From all around you

I will be here

Don't you cry~

Feeling the intense emotions flowing through their mental link, Yami got up and sat on the bed behind his Light. Wrapping his arms around Yugi's shoulders in a hug, he took hold of the smaller boy's hands in his own warm ones.

"Yugi, you know it's not true. You're a great duelist. You figured out ways to win when even I didn't see a way out. As for Pegasus, you found his weakness and beat the creator of Duel Monsters. That's not an easy task. True, I had to carry on with out you, but it was your final card you played that won it." Yami leaned over and kissed away a tear that had escaped. "You're worth more to me than you'll ever know."

/Yugi, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you today. I want to protect you from jerks like that. You deserve so much better/.

Yugi buried his head against Yami's shoulder and just stayed there, comforted as always by his Dark's presence.

~For one so small

You seem so strong

My arms will hold you

Keep you safe and warm.

This bond between us

Can't be broken.

I will be here,

Don't you cry.~

Temporarily blocking the mind link, Yami thought about his little Yugi. Sure, he was a lot smaller than the kids in his grade, but his heart and loyalty more than made up for it. Yami had both felt and seen the awesome inner strength of his aibou. Thinking to the time Yugi tried to defend Joey and Tristan from a bully stood out in Yami's mind. That day, Yugi did get himself a little bruised, but just trying to stand up for his friends, Yugi held his own. Aside for the loyalty, Yami felt his bond with Yugi grow stronger every day.

~Cause you'll be in my heart

Yes, you'll be in my heart

From this day on

Now and forever more.~

At first, Yami thought it was just because Yugi had completed the Millenium Puzzle. Now he knew that it was that he deeply cared for the little Light currently occupying his arms and thoughts. So much that no matter what came, Yami knew he was going to be forever bonded with Yugi, mind and spirit.

/Yugi, I hope you understand that you're my reason for being. Our bond is strong, and nothing will break it. Of that you can be sure./ Yami mentally soothed his Light.

~You'll be in my heart

No matter what they say

You'll be here in my heart

Always~

Aside from their bond, Yugi apparently had been feeling something more. Only a few nights ago, Yugi was at his desk writing something and seeming to be thinking very hard. Yami had come up from behind him and was quietly reading over his aibou's shoulder. Yugi was writing about Yami in his journal.

*I know Grandpa wouldn't approve of me saying I liked someone of the same sex, not to mention that he was only 4,986-ish years older than I am. I love Yami. I have since I put that puzzle together and freed him. I wish I knew how he felt about me, but I don't have the courage to ask him. He's on my mind from the time I wake up, till the time I go to sleep at night. However, I'd be willing to defy my Grandpa if Yami would say he loved me. *

This information surprised Yami greatly. He knew his hikari was affectionate, but didn't know how Yugi felt towards him. Because Grandpa had been around, the boys were talking through their link to each other.

//Yami you scared me.//

/Sorry aibou, what were you writing?/ Yami asked, trying not to sound too suspicious.

//Nothing, just writing in my journal.//

/It's late. Why don't you come to bed?/

//I will in a minute.//

~Why can't they understand

The way we feel?

They just don't trust what they can't explain.

I know we're different

But deep inside us,

We're not that different at all~

Two nights ago Yami decided to tell Yugi how he felt. The ex-pharaoh was dressed all in black and was sitting on Yugi's bed quietly waiting for his little Light to come in from his shower. He was also armed with a small black box. Yugi came in with an old shirt of Yami's on and a pair of shorts.

"Hi Yami. Are you okay?", Yugi asked worried.

With the smile reserved for Yugi only, Yami replied, "Just fine. Hikari, sit down with me for a minute, I have something to tell you."

Yugi sat down and waited. Yami held out the box and mentally offered his love to Yugi. Stunned, the younger teen just sat there a minute before leaping into Yami's arms and accepting the gold band.

"You know, we're going to have to tell Grandpa." Yugi said with a hint of sadness. "He's not going to approve."

"I'm here. It's going to be all right. He'll understand in time. Just don't force anything on him, okay koi?"

Yugi just smiled and cuddled close to his Yami.

~And you'll be in my heart

Yes, you'll be in my heart

From this day on

Now and forever more

Don't listen to them

Cause what do they know?

We need each other

To have, to hold.

They'll see in time

I know (We'll show them together)~

Telling Yugi's grandpa wasn't as bad as the teen's thought it would be. At first, Grandpa was threatening to throw them both out. Now, with two days under them as a couple, along with the support of their friends, Grandpa seemed to be getting more accustomed to the idea. He even began treating Yami like another grandson.

/Yugi, remember when I told you that if we were back in Egypt, that you could be Pharaoh? I meant every word then, and I still believe it today. You've got a good heart and a pure spirit./ Yami consoled Yugi.

"I know. It's just hard sometimes." Yugi admitted. Brightening, he said, "But I have you now. No matter what happens, we'll be together. Right?"

Yami started laughing, "Yes, hikari. Always."

Yami pulled Yugi down to lie beside him. Worn out from his emotional outburst earlier, Yugi fell asleep quickly. Laying his head on Yami's chest, Yugi mentally whispered, // I love you, koi //. Yami was content to hold his Light and watch over him as he slept. As the night wore on, Yami also drifted to sleep. His last thoughts were of the small angel he held in his arms.

Well, let me know what you think at my first attempt!

Ja ne!