Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Inamorato ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
I’ve wanted to do a story like this for a while now. Basically, I’m gonna write a fic from the point of view of one of the three Bakura/Otogi fangirls present in the series. Thus, I’ll have an OC who’s not technically an OC. I don’t know if the fangirls actually have names, so I’ll be making them up. Right. This story will start out at the beginning of high school, so Bakura won’t be here at the beginning. Otogi might. I just haven’t quite decided yet. And yes, my plan is to make this a BakuraxFangirlxOtogi fic. Not quite sure how that’s going to happen, but…

Disclaimer: I don’t own it…

________________________________________________________ ________________

The wind whipped through the air, scattering newly opened blossoms on any surface available. One landed delicately on a head of soft, black hair belonging to a broad figure straightening her new uniform. Once her clothing lay near enough to her satisfaction, she ran her hand through her recently cut hair, unconsciously sending the pink flower twirling to the ground. The girl sighed before stepping through the school gates towering above her and hesitantly joined the throng of her peers swarming into Domino High.

She allowed herself to be pushed around by the crowd as she searched for classroom 1-D, nearly tripping over a midget in her own year in the process. Spotting her destination some distance behind her, she tried to inch her way towards it. Unfortunately, most of the crowd around her was moving in the opposite direction. She found herself gravitating further inside the building as students were forcing their way to their own classrooms. Suddenly, she felt two pairs of arms hook around her own and drag her through the crowd toward her classroom.

The moment they exited the hallway all swarming sensations ceased, sending a feeling of vertigo throughout her. After trying for a moment to keep it at bay, she looked back at her saviors. She was surprised to see two girls in her own year looking back at her. One, an excruciatingly friendly girl with blonde hair, gave a rapid bow. “Hi! I’m Varana Abe! And this,” here she gestured to the less bubbly brunette beside her, “is Maya Kobayashi!” Maya gave a small wave at her before Varana spoke once more. “Where did you go to school before? I don’t recognize you.”

She found herself responding before she could even think about it. “I used to live in Tokyo. My family moved here just in time for me to start high school.” She watched the two for a moment as Maya smirked at her friends impressed expression. “My name’s Hiimena, by the way. Hiimena Arai.” As she proceeded to talk with her new classmates, she couldn’t help but feel that high school might not be so bad.

_____________________________________________________________ ___________

Yes! Yuugi makes a cameo appearance, and I named the three nameless important characters. By the way, all of the surnames were dug up on a site about the most common Japanese surnames. However, none of the first names are actually Japanese. I just liked them. Varana is a Hindi/Indian name meaning ‘river’. Maya apparently means ‘mother’ in Greek, ‘illusion’ in Indian, and ‘the great one’ in Latin and Spanish. ‘Hiimena’ is actually Ximena; I just felt the need to screw around with the spelling. I figured the name was particularly appropriate as it supposedly means ‘a heroine he heard’ in Greek and Hebrew. Wow. And now my A/N’s are almost as long as the prologue itself… well, review and I’ll see you in the next installment.