Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Into The Egyptian World ❯ An Unexpected Meeting ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

petite_angel: Welcome to chapter 4 of my fic! This chapter is really important so read away!

Joey: U forgot the disclaimer again...

petite_angel: Oh oops, but guess what? You don't have to say it anymore! I have a new pet to do it for me. Come here Kuriboh!

Kuriboh: *runs in waving a sign that says: PETITE_ANGEL DOES NOT OWN YU-GI-OH AND SHE NEVER WILL!!!*

Joey: Kill me while I'm still alive

The Unexpected Meeting

After Kim and Rachel gorged themselves with yummy fish, they searched around for a place to sleep. After little searching on the beach they found a nice clearing under a rocky cliff. Rachel unpacked her sleeping bag and laid it out upon the still warm sand. Feeling sleepy she crawled into her semi-bed and looked up at the stars. Kim watched Rachel and did the same feeling equally tired.

"Mako seemed nice," yawned Kim as she turned over to look at Rachel. "I wonder if he'll make it. I mean, the tournament of course."

"I don't know," said Rachel as she continued to look at the stars. "I've never seen him duel, so I can't say."

"I hope he does," said Kim as she slowly dozed off. "Someone that nice deserves to get what he wants..."

"Yeah," whispered Rachel as she felt herself falling asleep too. "Good night Kim."

But, as Rachel said this she turned over to see that Kim had already gone to sleep. Without another pause, she cuddled into her sleeping bag and joined Kim in pleasant dreams.

Rachel awoke suddenly to the sound of someone screaming. Before, she knew it someone landed on top of her and Kim, almost squishing them to pancakes.

"EEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!" screamed Rachel as her yell echoed through the night. Whoever on top of her was heavy and she wouldn't stand for being smothered.

"Huh? AHHHHHHHHHH!" screamed Kim as she finally woke up.

"Ummm... Sorry," said the person getting off of the two of them. "Tristan pushed me off the cliff and...well....I landed on you."

Rachel looked at the person more clearly and through the darkness she could see that it was none other than her love, Joey. As if on cue, Tèa, Yugi and Tristan peered over the cliff down at them.

"He! He! That was good!" laughed Tristan as he looked down at Joey, Kim, and Rachel. "I wish I had a camera!"

"Funny?" screamed Kim pointing to Tristan. "HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF YOU WERE DREAMING PEACEFULLY WHEN SOMEONE SUDDENLY LANDS ON YOU FROM NO WHERE!?"

"Just let it go..." said Joey glaring up at Tristan. "I'll get him back later."

"Fine!" yelled Kim still fuming.

Yugi, Tèa, and Tristan climbed down the cliff and joined the others in conversation. After Kim calmed down, they decided to stick together this time and they continued into the still dark woods. When they found a suitable spot for sleep and a fire, they set up camp. Kim and Rachel left to get firewood, while the others did their chores.

"I really wish a brought a flashlight now," said Rachel as she squinted through the darkness in the search of kindling. "I'm such a blonde."

"Well, I can't say much," said Kim as she picked up some twigs that she managed to find. "I didn't bring a flashlight either."

"Yep...Ooooo!" she said as she spotted a big log. "I've hit the Jackpot!"

Rachel walked over to the log and grasped in her hands. She pulled and pulled, but she soon realized that this log was a little too big for her own strength. Kim just sat there, watching Rachel humorously struggle with the log.

"Uh, Rachel," said Kim while Rachel continued to pull. "I think we should go get the lug heads to pick it up for us."

"All right," groped Rachel as she finally gave up on the mega-log. "Let's go get them...You know what? Sometimes I feel like such a weakling."

"That's because you are," stated Kim as she led Rachel back to their camp.

Rachel didn't say anything, but kept her mouth shut. She didn't want to get in a fight with Kim. She didn't need another rival to add to her list. And, she didn't want to lose a friend in the process either. So she let Kim lead her back to camp.

"Hey, you don't have any firewood," said Joey noticing their now empty hands. "I thought the point of looking for firewood was getting firewood."

"Please don't be smart Joey," pleaded Rachel. "It just happened that while you guys were sitting on your butts; we were struggling with logs that were half our size."

"Yeah," added Kim. "Literally."

"Oh," said Tristan the first to catch on. "You want us to help you."

"That would be nice," said Rachel glaring at Joey, Yugi, and Tristan.

"Well, I'll help," said Yugi getting up. "I don't mind."

"I will too," responded Joey smiling his goofy smile.

"Yeah," said Tristan. "What they said."

With the help of Yugi, Joey, and Tristan they managed to gather a lot of macho logs and in no time at all, fire was licking at them slowly burning them to hot coals. Sitting around the fire, they exchanged ghost stories, but Rachel's was the best of all. It wasn't really a ghost story, but it scared everyone equally enough.

"Have any of you ever heard of a Wobbly Goon?" asked Rachel looking around at her friends that circled the fire.

Everyone exchanged no's and nuh uh's when Rachel continued talking. "Wobbly goons are nighttime creatures that inhabit the night. They resemble a bird, but without feathers, with scales."

Rachel noticed Téa revolt in her seat. She must have not liked the fact of "scales." Really, Rachel couldn't blame her. The wobbly goon was no pretty creature.

"A wobbly goon has a sharp black beak and they have red eyes. Red eyes that may be the last thing that you ever see. You should never wander alone at night for this fact: If a wobbly goon finds a human alone they'll take no further thought in attacking their prey. Never wander alone, never."

"So?" said Joey looking at Rachel. "What does it matter? Wobbly goons aren't real, so what do we have to worry about?"

"You're wrong there Joey," she grinned. "You are sooo wrong."

"Huh?" questioned Yugi. "You have to be kidding me. There can't be anything like that. You're crazy."

"No I'm not crazy," stated Rachel defiantly. "This story has been passed down in family for years. Plus, I think I've seen one once. It was late at night and I was all alone when I heard a screech and then I saw a pair of red eyes. It freaked me out soo bad! I mean, what can you expect I was about 7 years old."

"Okay now we believe you," said Joey slightly shivering.

Rachel looked around at her friends. Tristan was chewing his fingernails in fear, Téa was shaking all over, Yugi looked like he was going to be sick, Joey resembled a puppy dog (as usual! ^.^) and Kim looked like she was thoroughly enjoying herself. Rachel remembered telling Kim about wobbly goons before. Kim had seemed scared at first, but it had slowly wore away. Rachel snickered at the thought of scaring everyone like that. She was a bad girl, a very very bad girl!

Then, as if on cue, the bushes behind Téa shook and rustled. Téa jumped up like a loon and ran behind Tristan. The others flew back, doing the same as Téa.

"Oh my gosh!" yelled Rachel as she recoiled. "Wobbly Goons aren't supposed to be real!"

"What!?" growled Joey as the bushes continued to shake. "I can't believe..."

At that moment, a person emerged from the shrubs. He was fairly tall, had dark brown eyes, and blinding white hair that came to his mid-back.

"Bakura!" laughed Yugi happily. "You had us scared."

"Oh, sorry about that," said Bakura with his English accent. "I didn't mean to scare anyone. I was just lonely and I wanted some company.

Kim was mesmerized. She hadn't seen a cuter boy than Bakura in her life. He had killer white hair, and stunning brown eyes...those eyes....

By this time everyone was starring at Kim. She wore a goofy grin and her eyes looked blank, like she was in another world, a pleasant one to add.

Bakura laughed lightly and blushed a few shades himself. "Anyone up for a duel?" he asked as malice gripped his eyes for a split second.

"Sure," said everyone in sync.

"Well, if everyone wants to duel," said Bakura smiling. "How about everyone put his or her favorite cards in Yugi's deck."

"Okay," said Joey as he handed Yugi his Flame Swordsman. Téa handed him the Magician of Faith, and Tristan gave him his Cyber Commander.

Rachel looked over her cards and pulled out Dark Magician Girl and gave it to Yugi. "I have always liked that one," she said smiling.

Kim pulled out Dark Witch and handed it to him. "She reminds me of me!" she said laughing.

"Okay," said Bakura. "Now that we have that settled, we should start the duel."

Everyone walked over to a big stump and waited for the duel, when a mad cackle came from Yami Bakura and everyone's souls we sucked into the cards. The duel of fate has started.

A/N: Well well well, I wonder what is going to happen next? It's quite obvious is it not? Please send a review and tell me what you think and don't forget the coolest chapters are coming, very soon might I add.