Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ It's Easier to Run ❯ How to contain your emotions ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It's Easier to Run

Author's Note: Oh, this chapter is perhaps the saddest. But Seto is finally introduced, definitely OOC, though. In my opinion the real Seto could never love…

Disclaimer: Yu gi oh is not mine…

HOW TO CONTAIN YOUR EMOTIONS

//It wasn't too long before Serenity passed out, and Yugi and Grandpa had to call a nurse for help. Some hours passed before Serenity woke up and the Doctor could give his evaluation in relation to the situation.//

Dr. Kadowaki: Mr. Motou, are you a close relative to Serenity Wheeler?

No, he replied, my son and his brother are very close friends.

Dr. Kadowaki: Perhaps, I shouldn't be saying this, but…

She has physical evidence of abuse… however that's not what worries me. It's her condition.

"I don't seem, to understand", Yugi said, what condition?

Well Serenity suffers from an rare anxiety disorder.

Yugi: What exactly do you mean by an anxiety disorder? Doctor…

Dr.: Well, I wouldn't be surprised; after all she's been through.

Gramps: I understand, what exactly does this disorder do?

Dr. It's called Selective Mutism, and it prevents the patient from talking for a period of time… It starts when a person deals with too much anxiety, stress, pressure…

Yugi: I suppose it's only temporary.

Dr.: It actually depends on the severity of the case. In some cases the patient may recover easily, in some it may take months, even years.

Gramps: What can we do about it Dr.?

Dr.: There is no specific treatment for the disorder but it would help if she could avoid her concerns and fears…

Yugi: Poor Serenity and Joey, they didn't do anything to deserve this.

Gramps: Perhaps her friends could cheer her up.

Yugi: Well I guess they had to know, after all…

-Yugi walks to the nearest phone-

Hello Tea, I'm sorry to call you this early but I need a favor, Serenity and Joey are at the hospital and they need all the support they can get. Can you phone the others please?

Sure, Yugi I'll be on that! Tea chirped? (Don't ask)

//In less than an hour the gang, consisting of Ryou, Duke, Tristan, Tea, Mai, Mokuba and Seto (Apparently being dragged by Mokuba) had already arrived to the hospital. They were each taking turns to visit Joey and Serenity.//

Tea: I can't believe Joey hid this for so many years.

Tristan: I kind of knew but I didn't expect it to be this serious.

Duke: I never would have thought, poor Serenity.

Ryou: I'm more concerned about Joey; I mean what are the chances that he might recover.

Mai: Don't even mention it.

Yugi: The doctor says he will allow one last visit.

Mokuba: I guess that's us, Seto…

Seto: Mokuba, I don't think the scene will be appropriate for you.

Mokuba: Seto… We have to go please...

Seto: Alright, but I warned you it's not going to be a pretty sight…

End of Chapter (XP)

Awww…. Man you must really hate me now. I'll try to get it up as fast as I can… Oh sorry if Seto's OOC… R&R please.