Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ It's Easier to Run ❯ Thinking of You ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It's Easier to Run

Chapter 7

THINKING OF YOU…

-Author's Note: Sorry a little late, but it took me a while to write because of my final exams. Thanks for everyone who reviewed.

-Disclaimer: I don't own Yu gi oh… blah, blah

-Serenity had only been at the Kaiba mansion for a few hours and she already missed her home… Sure it was very big and fancy, but it was dark, gloomy almost depressive-like. Most of the house's curtains were either navy blue or black; most of the furniture was also a navy blue and black, hell, even the rugs had the same color. The only place that looked slightly different from the rest was a window near to the bedrooms, which had either been opened carelessly or had been left like that on purpose. From here she could get a nice view of the whole manor, and boy it was HUGE! She could also observe Domino clearly, and how pretty it was at night…

Are you going to hang out in the window like that all night? Kaiba asked abruptly.

Serenity just lowered her head in embarrassment.

"I thought so; you'd better get some rest" Kaiba said in his normal arrogant tone.

Well, well… I didn't think you'd care that much about me! Serenity thought as she angrily walked towards her room.

+That Same Night+

That night, Serenity thought of many things: Joey, her mother, the Kaibas, Yugi… She thought of her life and how cruel the world had been to them. Especially to Joey…

Of course not everything had been THAT bad for them. At first, she remembered having caring parents. That is until their father started hanging out with some friends. She could still remember when he came drunk and used to beat her mother. Her father was definitely guilty for his actions, but she couldn't help but think: Why did her mother leave Joey with him? Why had she separated them, knowing what their father was capable of? Didn't her mother love Joey? Serenity didn't blame Joey for not speaking to her mother. How she missed Joey, sure Yugi and company were with her most of the time, but that was SO different… Yugi why couldn't I stay with you? Not that this is a bad place to stay at but…

Yugi… She had to admit it, ever since she arrived to Battle City, she had a small crush on little Yugi, he WAS her brother's best friend after all. He also paid for her eye operation; if it wasn't for Yugi she'd be blind. He was kind of a hero to her, someone to look after her, someone like Joey… She preferred the tight game shop to this monstrosity; if it wasn't for Mokuba she'd been lost in its endless hallways…

Mokuba, perhaps the little brother she had always hoped to have. He was so sweet and caring, so different from HIS brother… Kaiba.

Kaiba, Seto. How she loathed him! She'd always remembered the first time they met… Serenity recalled having a small attraction to the CEO that is, until she saw how mean he really was, particularly with Joey, calling him nicknames, being arrogant and very snobbish too! All he ever thought about was about some stupid God cards, which Yugi managed to get in the end. Even the way Kaiba talked bothered Serenity, all he thought was that he was better than the rest just because of his money…

Having her last thought on Kaiba, she drifted into a short but very comforting sleep.

-Final Comments: No, this is not going to be a Yugi X Serenity… It just came out, I don't know why. But I think it's a very possible pairing, and I sorta dislike Tea so… Read and Review…. Please!!! Puppy eyes :'(