Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Join the Dead ❯ Bloody Convertible ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warning:
Hinted conspireshipping, possible character death, slight violence, some yaoi, and more.
Any of the above can and might be used so you have been warned :3
Enjoy otherwise
~~~~~~~
The world was virtually lifeless. Those that were still alive were running, those that were dead were in peace, and those that were trapped in-between fed on them. A red convertible growled over the countless bodies that lay forgotten on the roads. The speed limit signs were naught but a memory as the driver drove with speed and passion. Whether it was to get away or to get to a safe place was unknown to him and his passengers. His harsh eyes scoured the road, trying to ignore the scene that was happening in the back seat of the vehicle. Behind him were two of his three lovers. A tall, tan man with golden spiky hair was bleeding from his neck onto the white leather seats of the car, the other ,a pale green-eyed teen, was trying to stop the bleeding with a cloth, his white hair stained slightly pink from all the contact it was receiving from the other.
“Bakura, he's losing a lot of blood. We have to do something soon. He doesn't seem to be turning yet either.” The pale teen stated to the driver, never taking his eyes off his life-saving efforts.
“Malik didn't turn right away either, remember?” Bakura barked, still looking away from those behind him.
XxXxXxXxX
“Come on it will be fun, Bakura!”
“Fine, we will go happy?”
~
“Why are they all pale like? They look like you Bakura!”
“It's not my fault I'm pale, brat! Blame Ryou for it.”
~
“Well that guy was weird. Seriously, who bites a complete stranger like that?”
“Hmph, you'll need to have Ryou disinfect that when we get back.”
~
“BAKURA! MARIK! RYOU! I JUST WANT A BITE!”
“Shit, Malik. What is going on here?”
XxXxXxXxX
“What are we going to do, Bakura?” The question brought him out of his memories of recent events.
“Drop me off as soon as you can, Ryou. That's the safest thing to do. It's only a matter of time before it's too late.” The bleeding male said in hollowed breaths to the one above him.
“Don't say that, Marik! You can fight, you have to!” Tears were leaking out of his emerald eyes as he sobbed into the chest of Marik.
“Ry, we are going to drop him off, end of story.” Bakura said in a whisper lacking any emotion.
“No! We can't lose him too!” he shouted, desperate to keep what was left of his make-shift family together.
“ENOUGH!” He slammed on the brakes and silenced all of the occupants of the car. “We don't have a choice, look at Marik's skin. It's becoming pale and his eyes are losing its life.”
“I know you don't want to leave me as well, but Bakura is right,” Marik paused taking in more air before he continued “I'm not going to be able to fight it much longer. The sooner you leave the safer you'll be.” He placed one of his hands on Ryou's cheek in an effort to comfort him. Ryou was always the most sensitive and loving of them all. It would make sense that he wouldn't want to leave any of them behind, seeing as he was the only one to accept them with open arms in the first place.
“Is here okay, Marik?” Bakura asked turning around for the first time since they entered the car.
“This is….”
“Where we all confessed to each other…” Ryou whispered, his voice filled with remorse at the lost of his family. Bakura got out of the front seat of the car and made his way to the back. He opened the door and took hold of Marik to ease him out from where he was lying.
“Take me… take me to the bench.”
“I don't want to do this to you, Marik. Isn't there something we can do?” He asked as Bakura managed to lower Marik onto the park bench below the large oak tree.
“I know you don't, Ryou, but we don't have a choice and Marik wants to live his last moments away from us we are safe, correct?” Bakura said his voice uncharacteristically soft as he removed his arms from Marik.
“Marik!” Ryou cried and threw himself into Marik, sobbing into his chest.
“It's okay, I'll be fine I won't allow it to happen, I will choose the other path first, as my own choice as a human. Not as a monster.” He hugged Ryou, being careful not to smear too much blood onto the gentle light. “Shhh, you and Bakura need to get going. My blood is bound to attract them.”
“Come on, we have to go now, Ryou. I see them in the distance.” Bakura pulled Ryou away from Marik and started to drag him away.
“Bakura.”
“Marik.” They both nodded in a silent `I love you' before turning away. Ryou glanced back one more time before crying into Bakura's arm as they walked away.
XxXxXxXxX
Marik was leaning against the tree in the center of the park, having removed himself from the bench. He was breathless as he looked at the sky, the moon's pale light barley shinning through the clouds that concealed it. It was a depressing day to say the least. First he was woken up before noon, then his hikari was attacked by a freak, and then his hikari attacked him, practically gnawing his neck off. And now he was without his lovers about to either be eaten alive, or become one himself. As he was deep in thought, rustling from the woods behind him could be heard. Turning as fast as he could in his injured state, he prepared to be mauled on site. Instead what awaited him was a shock to his mind.
“Hello, Marik. Nice to see you again” Came the greeting from a figure within the woods that slowly approached the injured yami.
“That's not possible! You can't be here.” He barked. There was no way for him to be there. It just wasn't possible. The figure smirked before walking closer.
“But, I am, Marik. I am.”
~~~~~~
sorta cliffhanger, I'm horrible arn't I?
This, if you haven't guessed has a certain 'monster' theme. This will be complete by Halloween and the good news is I already have all the chapters planned and written :3
Any way the next chapter will be posted between now and two weekish. Depending on feedback and all (you know reviews are my anti-drug so feed the addiction). See you next chapter!
~Darth Mudkip