Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Karoke Nights ❯ The Calm Before the Storm part 2 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Kazuki Takahashi owns Yugioh and Hoobastank owns the Reason.
Key
Italics is song lyrics that no one is singing
/ someone singing/
"quotes are speech"
'is dreaming'
/is flashback/
- is thoughts -
 
Yugi looked up at Kaiba. "So you want to duel, just for fun." Yugi asked him smiling politely.
 
But to his surprise Kaiba shook his head. "No, maybe some other time..." Kaiba said looking down at a sleeping Mokuba. Mai blinked, surprised.
 
"Really are you sure I mean I never have known you to back down from a challenge." Mai said confused.
 
"I'm not backing down from a challenge Valentine, believe you me, I will face Yugi and I will crush him and prove once and for all that I'm the number one duelist in the world!" Kaiba snarled. Tea and Serenity sweat dropped.
 
"Go ahead and duel, it'll do you and Yugi some good to finally have a game with no strings attached." Tea said smiling sweetly, trying to push him into having more friends.
 
"I can't okay, and I'd rather leave at that." Kaiba said glaring at them.
 
"Well why can't you?" Tea asked confused.
 
"Because Mokuba....is sleeping on lap." Kaiba finished lamely. -I want to tell her that Mokuba stole my blue eyes cards, but I don't want to embarrass Mokuba, If only I knew where he hid them....- Kaiba thought to himself.
 
"Aww that so sweet, tell you what I'll hold Mokuba for you while you duel." Serenity offered.
 
"No thanks." Kaiba said huffily.
 
"Well then how about some other game." Mai said deciding to change the subject. Kaiba rolled his eyes.
 
"Look why don't you try be quiet, your a lot more tolerable that way..." Kaiba began when Tea elbowed him in the ribs. Kaiba sighed. "I mean what game?" Kaiba said rubbing his ribs with his free hand.
 
"I know let's play go fish!" Serenity said happily. "Joey and I use to play go fish all the time when we were little kids." Serenity added cheerfully.
 
"Well we're not little kids anymore." Kaiba said.
 
"How about old maid." Tea said.
 
"No way hun, how about poker." Mai said pulling out a deck of playing cards from her pocket. "I warn you though, I never lose at Poker." Mai added.
 
"Yea and we can play for candy." Serenity said. Mokuba's head shot up.
 
"Did someone say candy?" He said grinning impishly.
 
"Yea, we were thinking about playing poker for candy." Yugi said.
 
"Seto can I play too, onagaishimasu." Mokuba pleaded clasping his hands together and giving his brother the puppy dog eyes.
 
"Absolutely not." Kaiba said folding his arms across his chest.
 
"Pretty please with sugar and cherries and ice cream on top." Mokuba said leaning closer.
 
Kaiba shook his head. Mokuba's lip began to quiver. "No, this time that's not going to work on me." Kaiba said flatly. Mokuba's began to whimper and sniffle a little bit. Kaiba hung his head in defeat and sighed. "Fine, one game, winner get's the pot." Kaiba said exasperatedly.
 
"Yeah!" Mokuba shouted.
 
"Ok, now where are going to get some candy...." Yugi said.
 
"I'll be right back." Mokuba shouted. He ran up the stairs like there was a fire on his pants, and came back down just as quickly with a whole jar of all different kinds of candy, from all over the world.
 
"Mokuba, go get my stash too." Kaiba said walking over to the jar and taking it from his hands.
 
"Okay." Mokuba said running up the stairs. Meanwhile Yugi, Serenity, Mai, and Tea ran over to the jar.
 
"Whoa, look at all the different kinds of candy, I haven't even heard of some of these." Yugi said.
 
"Yeah, they all look so good." Tea said. Then Mokuba came down with Kaiba's stash which was even bigger and full of even more exotic candies. Kaiba reached into a jar and pulled out a piece of chocolate wrapped in gold foil, and popped it in his mouth.
 
"Mmm, french chocolate is the best kind." He said to himself his eyes closed, when he opened them all the candy in his jar was gone and everyone was happily eating their own share. Kaiba blinked. "Your welcome...." Kaiba said. He sat down then took a bunch of candy for his betting pool.
 
After a while it came down to just Kaiba and Mai. "Hmm, your better than I thought hun." Mai lied, she had been a card shark in the past and had purposely losing hands to everyone else, making sure that Yugi had been the last to go.
 
"I'm going to go help Tea in the kitchen." Yam said taking over from Yugi. -Now's my chance.- He thought too himself going into the kitchen. Tea was currently bent over pulling the cookies from the oven. Yami walked behind her. "Need any help." he asked her quietly. Tea almost hit her head on the top of the oven.
 
"Oh hey Yami, wassup." Tea said pulling out the tray cookies and setting them on the counter too cool.
 
"Tea we need to talk." Yami said looking at with an intense gaze.
 
"Umm okay, about what?" Tea said taking off her oven mitts.
 
"About us." Yami said placing his hands by her side. "I've come to the realization that I still love you." He said quietly. Tea gasped.
 
"You, you can't." Tea whispered.
 
"Why not." Yami said leaning in closer.
 
"Because I love...." Tea began when all of a sudden she was kissed, it was a quick, small, kiss but it was enough to send Tea's mind reeling.
 
-Why, why now of all times, why now?- She thought to herself. "I don't love you anymore, at least not now, I love...." Her voice trailed off as she suddenly forgot Kaiba's first name. Her mind was instead clouded with all the memories the couple shared. She shook her head willing it all away. "I love Seto." She said suddenly remembering who it was that had made her feel worthwhile again after her breakup with Yami.
 
Yami looked at her. "Yes, but I still have feelings for you, and I know that you must feel something for me still too, and don't tell me that you don't because I know that you do, how can you not after all we've been through." Yami said moving closer. Tea suddenly found the floor very interesting.
 
"Hey Hun, let's make this interesting, Let's say if I win you have to do what I say for a month, and if you win, I'll do whatever you say for a month." Mai said, glancing at her hand.
 
"Your on." Kaiba said smirking at his hand. "Read 'em and weep Valentine." Kaiba said showing his hand. He had the The ace of diamonds, the ace of spades, the ace of clubs, the king of spades, and the king of diamonds. "I have a full house, with Aces high, let's see you beat that." Kaiba said folding his arms across his chest. Mai smirked.
 
"Your good hun, but not good enough." Mai said holding her cards to her face and smirking.
 
"Yami, we can't, I can't, there's a time when I would of gave anything just to hear you say that to me, but not anymore, don't you see, I don't love you anymore, not like that anyway." Tea said looking up into his eyes. "Not anymore." she said again quieter this time, and more to herself than to Yami.
 
"Tea, just give me one more chance, you gave him another chance to be apart of your life, and he hasn't been there for you like I have. Besides, it's humanly impossible for him to love you as much as I love you." Yami said kissing her passionately.
 
"I win." Mai said showing her hand, the Ace of Hearts, the king of hearts, the queen of hearts, the jack of hearts, and the ten of hearts, a royal flush, the best hand in the game of poker. Kaiba eyes widened. "And you know what that means." Mai said smugly.
 
"Whatever, I'm man of my word what do you want me to do." Kaiba said folding his arms across his chest.
 
"Just a Sec hun." Mai said holding up her index finger. She leaned over and whispered in Serenity's ear. Kaiba saw Serenity's eyes light up in excitement then both girls giggled endlessly. "Oh Tea, come here hun, me and Serenity would like a word with you." Mai's voice called.
 
Tea pulled away from the kiss surprised that she had let it go on for so long. She hadn't kissed back, but she hadn't stopped him either. She slowly backed out of the room eyes wide then ran out of the room, the kitchen doors swinging behind her. Yami smirked and licked his lips. Yugi just watched the whole thing sadly. Yami walked in the room behind Tea. When suddenly Serenity and Mai were looking at him with big grins on their faces.
 
"Is there something I missed." Yami said taken aback.
 
"We were just wondering what color lipstick would compliment your eyes." Serenity cooed, mock innocently. Yami did a double take. Yugi took over.
 
"I'm not wearing any lipstick." Yugi protested.
 
"Me either." Mokuba shouted, "I don't want no stupid make over." He said stamping his foot on the ground
 
"I know how about I watch Mokuba while you guys go get the make over." Yugi offered snatching Mokuba up. "You know how much I love kids." He said squeezing him tight so Mokuba couldn't protest, or breathe. Mokuba started gagging. Yugi looked down and sweat dropped and released him. Mokuba breathed in and out heavily. Kaiba just glared at Yugi.
 
"Your not watching my brother." He said flatly. "And I'm not getting a make over." Kaiba growled glaring at Mai. Serenity and Tea giggled as Mai tapped her finger on her chin in mock thought.
 
"Well hun seeing as your my servant for a month, I don't really see how you have much of choice, however if you don't want to give us a shopping spree at the mall we could always go to a male strip joint..." Mai said her voice trailing off.
 
"That's disturbing" Kaiba and Yugi deadpanned.
 
"Then it's settled we'll all meet at the mall in four hours, and Yugi can baby sit Mokuba at the game shop." Mai said.
 
"Okay, sounds like fun." Yugi agreed.
 
"Yea." Mokuba said jumping up and down excitedly.
 
Four hours later Mai pulled up and honked her horn. "C'mon huns, let's get this show on the road, there's only nine more hours until the mall closes!" She shouted. She was dressed in a pair of jeans, black boots and a red halter top.
 
"I'll go get them." Serenity said stepping out of the car. She was dressed in a pink t-shirt, with a black skirt and a pair of black boots. She was just about to open the door when busted up and hit her in the face and knocked her against the wall. Kaiba came out grumbling to himself and stomping out the door. He was wearing his purple trench coat with black business shirt and black pants, and black boots, and of course his trademark duel monsters locket. Serenity stood up dazed and confused and was about to walk off the steps when Mokuba threw open the hitting her in the face and knocking her against the wall. He was dressed in jeans and sneakers, with a blue and white striped t-shirt. He was carrying a little silver briefcase.
 
"Seto you almost hit me with the door." Mokuba said slamming the door and almost hitting Tea.
 
"Mokuba." Tea whined fixing her again. She was wearing a orange tank top and black jeans, and black shoes. She walked out the door and pushed it open again hitting a staggering Serenity in the face. Serenity pushed the door from her.
 
"Check please." Serenity mumbled before falling into a bush.
 
"Wheeler quit playing around and get out of my bushes." Kaiba said glaring at her. She sat up and picked a twig out of her hair, silently mimicking what Kaiba said. She brushed herself off then got back in the passenger side of Mai's car. Kaiba, Tea, and Mokuba slid into the back seat.
 
"I'd put on my seat belt if I were you." Tea said buckling in. Mokuba obediently put his on. Kaiba sighed and put on one. Then Mai peeled down the road. Almost running off the empty road three times. Mokuba and Kaiba were clutching each other for dear life.
 
"Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!" The screamed hugging each other. Mai screeched to a halt in front of Yugi's. Mokuba and Kaiba both opened the door and fell out the car. Kaiba stood up on shaking knees, picking Mokuba up off the ground. He shakily grabbed Mokuba by his hand and the both shakily walked up to Yugi's door. Mokuba dived inside.
 
"Umm, what's going on?" Yugi asked confused.
 
"M-Mai d-drove...." Kaiba said, his voice still shaking. He shook his head and composed himself
 
"So...." Yugi said still not getting it.
 
"She drives like a mad man." Kaiba said. "Ummm, where's the restroom." Kaiba whispered. Yugi told him and Kaiba took of into the game shop.
 
"What was that all about?" Mai asked. Serenity and Tea shrugged their shoulder's they were use to it by now. Kaiba came walking out wiping his mouth off with his sleeve. He walked over to the driver's side, pulled Mai out the car, and tossed her into the back seat.
 
"You drive like a mad man, I'm driving." He deadpanned. Then he started the car and took off down the road. When they finally got to the mall Mai snatched her keys from Kaiba and glared at him.
 
"I don't drive like a madman." she hissed.
 
"Uh Mai, you kind of do." Serenity said quietly. Mai glared and folded her arms across her chest.
 
"Hey guys, we're not here for that, we're here to have fun, remember?" Tea said getting out of the car.
 
"Your right, this is a stupid argument." Mai said smiling, "Now let's go shopping!" She said running toward the Mall, dragging Serenity, and Tea dragging Kaiba. They three girls giddily went into shop after shop, buying anything and everything to theirs heart content. After three hours of shopping the finally made their way to the food court. Everyone got something to drink and sat down. Kaiba put down all the bags he had been carrying and sat down.
 
"Why do I have carry everything, I'm not the one that's been shopping all day." Kaiba snarled.
 
"Because you lost the bet." Mai said sipping from her drink. "And besides aren't you the least bit curious to the make overs we have in store?" she asked him. Kaiba shook his head.
 
"Well I say after we finish our drinks we should get the make over shopping done, and then we can to Luigi's pizza and karaoke, and then we can go to Kaiba's and do the make overs." Serenity said.
 
"I agree, this is going to be so much fun." Tea squealed. "And it's good to take our minds off tomorrow..." Tea added quietly. Everyone nodded in agreement. "Well instead of sitting around here feeling sorry for ourselves let's go, these malls are going to shop themselves." Tea said standing up.
 
"That's the spirit!" Mai said They went to a posh store and walked in. A twig looking woman whose hair was in a sandy bun with hair falling into her face, framing her long nose, and dark purple eyes, behind wire rimmed glasses came scuttling up to them.
 
"Hello ladies." She drawled looking at them. "Umm, I'm afraid we have a dress code here, and you all are really not up to standards, so if you don't mind, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave." She said snorting up her glasses. Mai, Serenity, and Tea looked at each other than at her.
 
"Oh, I'm sorry we didn't know..." Serenity said about to leave quietly, she had beed kicked out of restaurants and shops before for not being "up to standards," and so found this all to common as she spun on her heel to leave. Mai grabbed her arm.
 
"Not so fast hun, " Mai said to Serenity, "What do you mean not up to standards." Mai said glaring at the lady.
 
"I mean that only tasteful and proper attire can be worn here, something I doubt you know anything about." The woman said eyeing Mai up and down.
 
"But she's wearing a skirt." Tea said pointing to Serenity, "So why can't she come in at least."
 
"Please you call that cheap pile of clothing proper attire, in order to have the right attire, you should at least spend money on it, not dig it out of a dumpster." The lady said sticking her nose in the air. Serenity eyes widened in hurt. -But I really tried with this outfit.- She thought sadly to herself.
 
"And next time you open your mouth you should know who your talking to." Kaiba said walking up.
 
"M-mister Kaiba, I w-was j-just informing these ladies about the d-dress code." She said looking up at him afraid. Kaiba narrowed his eyes.
 
"And I'm just informing you that you better start looking for a new job." Kaiba said pushing past her. Mai, Serenity, and Tea pushed past her too, all of them making sure to hit her arm on the way by. But she hardly noticed it as she stood there looking ahead dumbfounded.
 
"Buy what you want." Kaiba said. Mai shook her head.
 
"That was unbelievable hun, I guess you have some uses after all." she said winking at him. Kaiba rolled his eyes. "But I got to ask you, does Kaibacorp own this company?" She said cocking her head.
 
"Yes so whatever we spend here, I'll get most of it back, minus costs of maintaining the building, supplies, and labor of course." Kaiba said folding his arms across his chest.
 
"You owned a clothing company, and you didn't tell me, I'm going to have to get you back for that." Tea teased.
 
"Anyway let's get started." Serenity said. "Now let's see here, what would you look in...." Serenity said eyeing him up and down. Mai and Tea also were looking him down, inspecting him very closely, trying to decide what outfits he'd look good in. Kaiba was suddenly nervous, though he didn't show it, no one had ever examined him so closely before, well at least not in his sight. -I'm sure my fan girls, and disturbingly enough fan boys, have examined me closely before, but never right in front of my face.- He thought to himself. Then all three girls got what they wanted in their heads and ran off to go find different outfits. Kaiba decided to pick out a new trench coat and went over to the trench coat rack. He glaced at them, most of them he already had, until he came across a sleeveless back one with sliver studs.
 
Kaiba slung it over his arm, and continued to browse through the rack when he was pulled away from it and dragged him to the fitting rooms, there was a line of seats in front of them for people to sit down, so Mai and Serenity sat down while Tea pushed Kaiba in the room with the outfits she had picked out for him.
 
"Try these on." She said tossing Mai and Serenity's picks over the door. She sat down and smiled at Mai and Serenity, then they waited for him to come out. Kaiba walked out in a white business suit with a black cane with a large crystal handle, and a pimp hat. Mai, Serenity, and Tea all gave him the thumbs down. He shrugged and went back in to change. Next he came out in a pair of blue jeans, and a white tee, with a blue jean jacket, it was a very different look for him, but it wasn't bad. Mai, Serenity, and Tea gave it three thumbs up. Kaiba scowled and shook his head and gave it a thumbs down. Then he went back in to change. Next he came out in a neon green hat, a bright orange trench coat, a neon pink shiny, and loud, bright red pants.
 
"I feel like a bag of skittles." He deadpanned.
 
"Colorful and delicious?" Mai offered. Kaiba shook his head.
 
"No fruity." He said walking back into the room to change again. After he had modeled several outfits, some they liked, some he liked, and some they both liked, and some like the skittles outfit, that nobody liked, It was the girls turn. They modeled all kinds of beautiful dresses, blouses, skirts, and pants, all of which Kaiba had a hard time finding any fault end, they looked beautiful in all of the outfits.
 
-dead puppies, dead puppies, dead puppies- Kaiba thought to himself as they chose to model swimsuits, they had decided to go swimming later. Mai was wearing an itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, purple bikini, while Tea wore a blue Tankini, while Serenity wore a black one piece suit.
 
"What do you think Seto?" Tea cooed spinning around so he could get a good look. He nodded dumbly. -Dead puppies, dead puppies, dead puppies- He thought to himself.
 
"Now let's decide what we're going to keep and what we're going to leave here." Mai said thinking aloud.
 
"You can buy it all if you want." Kaiba said shrugging.
 
"Ah, your the best." All three girls said suddenly hugging him and kissing him on his cheek. A blush crept across his face. Meanwhile Tristan and Duke had seen them modeling for Kaiba, and then kissing him on the cheek.
 
"Man, some guys have all the luck." Tristan scowled sticking his hands in his pockets.
 
"It's really easy to get three girls, watch." Duke said, then he walked over to three cute girls who were looking at some clothes, they were clients of his and were really waiting for him to talk about and upcoming dungeon dice monster's commercial, but Tristan didn't know that. Tristan watched as Duke said some things to them and put his arms around all three and started to walk out the door.
 
"I'll talk to you later Tristan." Duke said. "Oh, and Tristan, all you got to do to get a girl to go with you is spit a little game you know." Duke said and with that he left. -spit a little game huh?- Tristan thought to himself. -Hmmm, girl's like a guy who's smart...- He thought picking up a chess piece. He walked over to a girl who was looking at some clothes, and tapped her on the shoulder.
 
She turned around, just in time to get a chess piece spat into her eye. "My eye!" The girl screamed backing up form Tristan.
 
"So you want to go out some time." Tristan said smiling.
 
"Get away from me." The girl said backing up and running out the store. Tristan shrugged, he'd gotten the blow off before. -Maybe she doesn't like chess, maybe I should use a checker piece instead.- Tristan thought grabbing a checker piece off a shelf. He walked up to another girl and tapped her on the shoulder.
 
"Hi, can I help you with....aaack!" The girl began, but then Tristan "spat game" at her, and the checker piece lodged in her throat.
 
"Oh my gosh, somebody help that girl she can't breathe." Someone shouted. Tristan ran away from the scene as a bunch of people crowded around the fallen girls form. Kaiba had heard the commotion and turned his head towards the direction where all the noise was coming from, and saw Tristan running away. Kaiba arched and eyebrow, he was waiting for Tea, Mai, and Serenity to change clothes again. He saw Tristan grab an air rifle and aim at a girl's face and put his tongue on the trigger. Kaiba quickly rushed over and knocked the gun away from him, and it went off and hit the bottom of a display.
 
"What do you think your doing Taylor?" Kaiba hissed.
 
"For your information I was spitting game." Tristan said crossing his arms over his chest. Kaiba gave him an incredulous look and shook his head in disbelief.
 
"You idiot that's a figure of speech, your not suppose to actually spit games at people." Kaiba hissed. "Now go home, before I tell those people who just laid that woman out on the floor." Kaiba said pointing to the people that were performing the Heimlich maneuver on her. Tristan nodded and took of running.
 
"What was that all about." Tea said standing behind Kaiba, clutching her new clothes. Kaiba shook his head.
 
"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." He dead panned. Tea shrugged.
 
"Well we're ready to go now, so come on." She said dumping all her bags on him. Kaiba groaned and picked them up, along with Mai and Serenity's when got up to them, and the four teens walked out of the mall. After going back to Mai, Serenity, and Kaiba's places to drop off everyone's various things they went swimming in Kaiba's pool, then off they went to Luigi's Pizza and Karaoke.
 
When the large pepperoni pizza was delivered to the table everyone took a slice. Kaiba brought up to his face and sniffed it. Tea rolled her eyes.
 
"You act like you've never had pizza." Tea said rolling her eyes.
 
"I haven't, I only eat cultured foods." Kaiba said matter-of-factly.
 
"You've never had pizza!" Mai said taking a bite of hers. "Honey you don't know what you've been missing."
 
Kaiba shrugged, then took a small bite of his pizza. He licked his lips and took another. "Mmmm." He mumbled with is mouthful as he nodded, that they were indeed right, the pizza was good.
 
"Okay loverboy, why don't you go up there and sing something." Mai said. Kaiba growled.
 
"I don't want to sing." He said grabbing another slice of pizza.
 
"Need I remind you that your the one that lost the bet?" Mai said smirking. Kaiba narrowed his eyes.

"Fine." He scowled getting up out his seat. He walked up and flipped through the songs list. Then picking one out he walked up to the mike, and cleared his throat.
 
"I'd like to dedicate this song to my girlfriend, Tea Gardner." Kaiba said in the mike. Everyone gasped. There had been rumors flying around in the tabloids that Kaiba had a girlfriend, but he had never told anybody. A newspaper journalist quickly got his camera.
/Kaiba: I'm not a perfect person There's many things I wish I didn't do But I continue learning I never meant to do those things to you And so I have to say before I go That I just want you to know I've found a reason for me To change who I used to be A reason to start over new and the reason is you/
By this time, some paparazzi had been called and camera's were going off. Tea blinked as someone took a picture of her, and Mai, and Serenity, everyone of them wondering which one exactly was Tea Gardner.
/Kaiba: I'm sorry that I hurt you It's something I must live with everyday And all the pain I put you through I wish that I could take it all away And be the one who catches all your tears That's why i need you to hear I've found a reason for me To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new and the reason is You and the reason is You and the reason is You and the reason is You and the reason is You/
Tea looked up at him in shock. -Why did he do that, It took him so long to even let my friends know we were living together, even if they did know that we were going out, but still I didn't think he'd want all that media attention. Now everyone is going to know that we're a couple, not just the kids at school, but everyone.-
/Kaiba: I'm not a perfect person I never meant to do those things to you And so I have to say before I go That I just want you to know I've found a reason for me To change who I used to be A reason to start over new and the reason is you I've found a reason to show A side of me you didn't know/ Kaiba sang walking off the stage to Tea, and tilted her head up towards him, so that she was looking into his eyes.
/Kaiba: A reason for all that I do And the reason is you/ Kaiba sang, and with that he kissed her passionately.
:"I just wanted to get that off my chest, before tomorrow..." Kaiba said whispering into her ear, and not caring at all the cameras that were going off. "Because if what I think is going to happen, happens, then I might never see you again...." Kaiba said trailing off. Tea kissed him.
"Seto, no matter what happens tomorrow, I'll always love you, and I'll never leave you for anyone." Tea said kissing him with all the passion in her body. The two completely forgetting that anyone else was in the room.
Meanwhile Renee threw an unconscious Marik into a cell.
Elsewhere Rei was sharpening her blade, getting ready for tomorrow.
In his room Joey was drinking a root beer, glad that all the work for his master plan had finally come together, and tomorrow he would launch it.
While Yami was at the game shop watching Yugi and Mokuba play games on the floor.
Tea and Kaiba embraced each other and rocked back forth in each other's arms. Neither of the two suspecting how much their lives were about to change in the course of a day.