Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Kiss Me, Kill Me ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Wow, I got the idea for this last night and then wrote it all within an hour. O.o Wow, creepy. I just love this song to death. Don't confuse it with the manga “Kill Me Kiss Me” or “K2”.
Disclaimer: I do not own any characters from Yu-Gi-Oh! or the lyrics to Kiss Me, Kill Me by MEST, one of the greatest bands ever.
Kiss Me, Kill Me
*One, two, three
A tragedy that's built on destiny
It left you with everything but
Blood from the knife that I cut your heart out with
Now relax, close your eyes, what comes next is the surprise

This valentine is doomed
The smell of blood has filled this room
If I could do it all again
I would change most every single thing
I would let you

Kiss me
Kill me
Your kiss is torture
But killing me would be too easy

Our tragedy
Seems to be killing everything it sees
Like death itself
This valentine still looms
In the darkest hour, the killing moon
If I could do it all again
I would let you

Kiss me
Kill me
Your kiss is torture
But killing me would be too easy

Kiss me (You're all I'm wanting)
Kill me (This feeling's haunting)
Your kiss is torture
But killing me would be too easy
Killing me would be too easy

Your eyes unwind the tragedy of our lives
My eyes went blind
Believe when I say
Hell burns bright
When this night dies
Hell burns bright

Kiss me
Kill me
Your kiss is torture
But killing me would be too easy

Kiss me (You're all I'm wanting)
Kill me (This feeling's haunting)
Your kiss is torture
But killing me would be too easy

Kiss me (You're all I'm wanting)
Kill me (This feeling's haunting)
Your kiss is torture
But killing me would be too easy
Killing me would be too easy*
 
These feelings… So different, yet I feel them simultaneously. Why is it that I love you but I want to hurt you at the same time? You're so sweet, so innocent… but so easy to control. Every time you kiss me I want to slit your throat, but every time I hurt you I just want to hold you. Tell me why it feels this way. I need to know why!
“…'Kura?” you say quietly.
You sit next to me on the bloodstained carpet, the gash in your side seeping through the bandage. Again, I feel as if I want to just turn and wring your neck, but thinking about doing that makes me want to punish myself for wanting that. The timidity in your emerald eyes screams at me “kiss me” but it also screams, “kill me.” These thoughts over take my mind and I'm caught staring at you.
“You know I still love you right?” you ask.
I almost want to slap you for asking that. Of course I know! Why would I think otherwise? I know that no matter how cruel I may be, you still come back. You cry because of me, yet you still cry with me.
“Of course, my love,” I answer.
You smile so innocently. Sometimes I want to protect that innocence so no one can taint it, but then other times… other times I just want to rip it away from you. After everything I do, you're still innocent… You lean over and kiss me, as expected. I kiss you back and turn it more passionate. I know you enjoy this, but what do I feel? Do I hate myself for being so soft? Or do I praise myself for loving you?
“'Kura, can I lean on you?” you ask shyly.
“Of course, my love,” I answer.
Your head feels so light on my shoulder as you curl your knees. You look so child like… I want to kiss you again, but don't want to disturb you. I want to hurt you and tell you I don't love you, but I do love you, and I couldn't stand hurting you again today. No, I never hurt you twice in one day. Even when I'm really mad. Mad as in insane. I don't feel like me anymore once I pin you against the wall and watch your eyes, filled with fear, stare back into mine, filled with anger.
Angry with what, I don't know. Angry with you for being innocent? No, that can't be; I love you for your innocence. Angry with myself for falling in love? But love feels so great to me. Angry with the world? Maybe… The world hates me, why shouldn't I hate it? Everyone living outside of these walls hates me. They all want me to die, even before they know who I am.
The anger wells up inside me again. I try to suppress it, but it's just so strong. My breath and heart beat speed up. You notice this and look at me, worried. I stand quickly, fists clenched so tightly I'm close to drawing blood. You get to your feet and place a hand on my shoulder. This rage needs to escape… I need to let it out… But I just can't hurt you again… Not today…
I run into my room and grab the knife on the bedside table. I slash at the pillows, cotton and feathers flying everywhere. Not being satisfying enough, I lay my arm on the bed and place the knife on my wrist. Just as I go to run it across, you put your arm in front of mine so that I cut you instead. Afraid of what I had just done to you, I drop the knife and hold you, crying. Your arm falls limply at your side, drenching my jeans in the beautiful crimson liquid called blood.
I push you so that you sit on my bed and then run to retrieve the bandages from your room. When I return, you've lost so much blood that you're lying down and your eyes are closed. I quickly wrap your wrist and apply pressure, attempting to stop the flow. You wince in pain, but still I apply more pressure. Many minutes later, the wound finally closes, and I can wash it off and wrap it in new, clean bandages. You open your eyes and smile at me with that same, innocent, beautiful smile.
“I just can't bear to see you in pain,” you whisper.
Fresh tears renew the old trails on my cheeks. Even though it was I who hurt you, the first thing you say is how worried you were about me. Why are you so selfless? Why do I still continue to hurt you? Why am I so selfish?
Your affection both saves me and kills me as I stare out the window at the waning moon, shining brightly and casting its light upon the face of the tortured angel lying before me.
~END~
I know, another short songfic by me. That's what comes out best though. Please review.